The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-11-2002, 05:30 PM   #1
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Question Are you farmiliar?

Today I recieved a card I got at ebay. The description of it isHere. Is anyone farmiliar with the game this card goes with? I've never seen/heard of it.
Quote:
Sam passed a hand over his eyes, brushing away the tears. "Steady, Gamgee!" he said, "Think, if you can! He can't fly across rivers, and he can't jump waterfalls. He's got no gear. So he's got to get back to the boats. Back to the boats! Back to the boats, Sam! Like lightning! "
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 08:12 PM   #2
Anna Licumo
Haunting Spirit

Anna Licumo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Anna Licumo
Sting

No, sorry! But I do own the Lord of the Rings Top Trump deck! It's so much fun! Eee! ::Runs off to beat the pants of her brother again.::
Old 07-16-2002, 08:17 PM   #3
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Question

LOL...so, where did you get that?
(never heard of that, either, very out of the loop.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Quote:
"Eavesdropping Sir? I don't follow you, begging your pardon. There ain't no eaves at Bag End, and that's a fact."
Sam Gamgee
[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 07-16-2002, 08:20 PM   #4
Anna Licumo
Haunting Spirit

Sting

It's a British card game, very fun! It has the basic princables of war, only more choice, and pretty pictures of EVERYONE. Strangely addictive. Like Turkish Delight. Am pretty sure they have both in Grey Havens. Otherwise well stay in ME. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2002, 08:24 PM   #5
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Ah, I see. Gonna have to start investing in imports....
Quote:
"My lad Sam will know more about that. He's in and out of Bag End. Crazy about stories of the old days, he is, and he listens to all Mr. Bilbo's tales. Mr. Bilbo has learned him his letters--meaning no harm, mark you, and I hope no harm will come of it. "~Gaffer Gamgee
Old 07-16-2002, 08:30 PM   #6
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Strangely addictive. Like Turkish Delight.
Awww man, now i've got this annoying song from a musical i was in stuck in my head. anyway, that game sounds really cool!
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 02:58 PM   #7
Anna Licumo
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Awww man, now i've got this annoying song from a musical i was in stuck in my head.
What musical, pray tell, was that?

And it IS a fun game! They have a whole bunch of 'em, like sports teams (yawn), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, (I love that show!) Angel (spinoff) and the Simpsons. (My dad got that on. o.0) I'm pretty sure they have a website. Google search, if you put in Top Trump, well find it. Sorry I don't have the exact URL...

Quote:
Ah, I see. Gonna have to start investing in imports....
Nah, just go there! (There are so many LotR-ish places, it's scary!)