The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #1041
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Right, I really do need to go to bed now. Socks and sandles it is...
++KATH

Mainly because the dodgy evidence behind her vote for me felt more like a wolf framing an innocent than an innocent genuinely searching for a wolf. It gave me a sense of deja vu (something similar happened with Saucie-wolf many aeons ago)
Old 08-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #1042
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Aaaand it got quiet again. Just when I was hoping I'd stirred up a bit of talk.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #1043
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I'm here now until bedtime.

I'm not thrilled about a Kath lynch. I don't actually think she's suspicious but if there is a wolf in one of the quiet kids I guess she may be one but I'm still more suspicious of Lal and Nerwen. They just feel off to me.

*sighs*
Old 08-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #1044
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I still think Kath and Foley make good wolves. However, together....not so much.

I wonder if Foley is Persephone? It explains the evil intentions and lack of knowledge. What do you think?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #1045
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I still think Kath and Foley make good wolves. However, together....not so much.

I wonder if Foley is Persephone? It explains the evil intentions and lack of knowledge. What do you think?
That's a theory I could get behind. She's been seeming off to me but not in a wolf way... and this would explain it.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #1046
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
That's a theory I could get behind. She's been seeming off to me but not in a wolf way... and this would explain it.
Just a thought.

And now the big question. Can you tell me what you are? (Not will you, but could you?) Baha, I'm enjoying this....well, not at all, actually. Hence the insane info-grabbing.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #1047
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Am I obvious enough yet? Please?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #1048
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It's time for me to vote. But I don't want to vote. I have no good leads on anybody. As Nienna said, I am not keen on a Kath kill. I haven't had time to go back and look over other people again, so ... I don't know what to do. I want to not vote. But I don't think that's really an option.

I just decided I don't like Nienna. She doesn't post enough in the Mead Hall thread and Javan needs a fighting buddy. I'm kidding, actually.

No, see here - she hasn't seemed to have talked a whole bunch throughout the entire game. In her last summary of who she thinks is guilty and not guilty, her list runs almost entirely backwards to mine. The three whom she says she could vote for (Nerwen, Lalaith, and Phantom) seem to me most innocent. She says Meeper looks innocent, but how could she know? Mira has hardly posted.

I know that others have posted less than her, but that gives me less to dislike them for. For instance, I do not like the fact that Shasta has said little noteworthy stuff and Keeper has said even less.

I am going home and I have no computer at home at present. So...sorry for the early vote.

++Nienna

-- Foley

x-posted with the last four posts.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #1049
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Just a thought.

And now the big question. Can you tell me what you are? (Not will you, but could you?) Baha, I'm enjoying this....well, not at all, actually. Hence the insane info-grabbing.
I could if I wanted to. I think...

Edit: Crossed with Ms. Foley... *sighs*
Old 08-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #1050
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Look. I know that posting what I did may make you all distrust me, merely for the fact that previously, I don't believe I've mentioned Nienna much. I also know that you already do distrust me, so it doesn't really help my case. But see here, I am not a wolf. I am merely a confused player who is lucky not to have been killed off for no better reasons than clumsiness, much like Blind Guardian was and Tum almost was. I used to play this game quite well, and then left for several years, and I come back to find the game and the strategy and the players have all grown. Half of you were babes or not even arrived when I last played. So, take it easy on an old, out-dated player. I really am innocent.

Edit: x-posted with Nienna. Sorry, hun.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #1051
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Just fyi, we can be absolutely certain at this point that Sally is lying about her identity, due to the fact that she hasn't been modfired for revealing. Yes, I realize that she hasn't actually said the name of her role, but you can reveal that without saying it.

For instance, if Nog had said, "I have a trident, plus a horn on my head!" that without a doubt would be considered a reveal. More than once Sally has made a comment that would allow someone to easily narrow her role down to one single choice. That's revealing.

So- logically, her reveal is false, by virtue of the fact that she revealed in the first place.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #1052
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

So, Phantom, why didn't you say so earlier?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #1053
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Just fyi, we can be absolutely certain at this point that Sally is lying about her identity, due to the fact that she hasn't been modfired for revealing. Yes, I realize that she hasn't actually said the name of her role, but you can reveal that without saying it.

For instance, if Nog had said, "I have a trident, plus a horn on my head!" that without a doubt would be considered a reveal. More than once Sally has made a comment that would allow someone to easily narrow her role down to one single choice. That's revealing.

So- logically, her reveal is false, by virtue of the fact that she revealed in the first place.
Someone hasn't been reading their rules properly.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #1054
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Someone hasn't been reading their rules properly.
Okay, that's it. I have been officially confused for the last time tonight. I'm going to bed, and TOMORROW I will read the rules.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #1055
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Nienna- You're implying that Sally doesn't know the rules, or me?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #1056
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Nienna- You're implying that Sally doesn't know the rules, or me?
You. Unless I've been totally misinterpreting ALL her hints.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #1057
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:

I agree, actually. The fact that she mentioned she's a virgin, combined with the fact that Artemis is currently dead, means she can only be one person. To me that counts as a reveal... so the fact that Glirdan hasn't modkilled her means she's lying.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 08-03-2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: 'modkilled', not 'revealed'. X'ed with a lot like whoa.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #1058
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Read this.

Third paragraph.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #1059
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Read this.

Third paragraph.
Ah... Ok, yes, combo of misinterpreting and rules being posted in places other than the rule list.

*apologizes to Phantom*
Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #1060
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

But I AM a....oh, never mind.

I refuse to post evidence of this for obvious reasons, but Glirdan said I can hint as much as I want as long as I don't....well, you know.

I haven't SAID I'm anything. I also decided that saying everything I wasn't was going a tad too far. Driving you all mad to see who squirms, on the other hand....

Meta: Bad storms around these parts. They may short out my interwebs. Just a heads up!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #1061
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And everyone disappears? Lovely.

Edit: x-ed, of course
Old 08-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #1062
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So yeah, Sally constantly says she knows things (wisdom!), says no one is as smart as her (wisdom!), and says she's a virgin but not Hestia (which leaves....). There is only one place that those comments point towards. She didn't narrow it down for us- she outright told us.

So, either she has rendered herself unlynchable in violation of the Mod's commands, or she is lying and needs to be lynched. Either way she's dead at the end of the day.

Raise your hand if you think we should lynch her.

*raises hand*
Old 08-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #1063
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
And everyone disappears? Lovely.
Well harrumph. If I'm no one, I'll just go elsewhere.

Internet permitting, I'm off to look at Mira.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #1064
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
So yeah, Sally constantly says she knows things (wisdom!), says no one is as smart as her (wisdom!), and says she's a virgin but not Hestia (which leaves....). There is only one place that those comments point towards. She didn't narrow it down for us- she outright told us.

So, either she has rendered herself unlynchable in violation of the Mod's commands, or she is lying and needs to be lynched. Either way she's dead at the end of the day.

*raises hand*
So you want to lynch her just because you THINK she's going to be modfired. Suspicious behavior, Mr. Phantom, very suspicious.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #1065
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

*raises hand*
Ahem. You ASKED if I was Hestia. I denied the claim (albeit in a rather obvious fashion).

Thank you, however, for speculating.

Oh, and Glirdan? You were supposed to....oh, heck if I know. Whatever you were going to do. *is confused*

Okay, enough biding my time to see what I'm supposed to see; I'm going to analyze Mira. Again, apologies if the nets go out.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #1066
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
So you want to lynch her just because you THINK she's going to be modfired. Suspicious behavior, Mr. Phantom, very suspicious.
I'd like to point out that Phantom's been hinting in a rather egregious fashion as well.

Of course, either of us could be lying, so....whatever that's worth.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #1067
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
but Glirdan said I can hint as much as I want as long as I don't....well, you know.
And now you're paraphrasing the Mod's privately spoken words in order to further cement your innocent status?!! Completely bad form!!

I soooooo want to lynch you just on principle alone.

Completely seriously, if the Ranger has any class at all he will not under any circumstance protect Sally tonight, leaving the WWs free to kill her off if they choose.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #1068
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I've never really understood the argument. Firstly, how likely is it that Sally's going to be modfired? Secondly, yes, Phantom's at the very least changed his style, so I think I know what he is, but I don't think we should lynch him, numbers-wise. So I'm not seeing why you're pointing that out, Sally.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 08-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #1069
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Votes:

Kath --> Lal
Lal --> Kath
Foley --> Nienna

And I'm going to need to be voting in the next 30 minutes as I have to get up early to go to work tomorrow. As it stands my vote is going to go to Lal for general suspiciousness and I don't want to be lynched or vote for Kath. So... thoughts?

Edit: Left to vote: Nienna, Sally, Phantom, Shasta, Mira, Nerwen (where is that girl?)
Old 08-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #1070
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I have to get up early for work as well. Between the three with votes, I don't want to vote for Nienna. But if Nienna doesn't want to vote Kath, then I will, as I'd be happy were either lynched and would like to give the people who actually can stick around an equal shot.

++Kath
Old 08-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #1071
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Firstly, how likely is it that Sally's going to be modfired?
The chances have got to be decent. I mean- let's say we were playing Star Wars themed Werewolf, and Jedi characters were not allowed to reveal. It's late in the game and there are only a few characters left, and among them are but two Jedi- Luke and Yoda.

So Yoda steps up and says, "I'm a Jedi, but I'm not Luke." Did he reveal?

Yes! He did! That's not a hint. A hint would be telling someone, "I look up to you".

So yeah- in my book Sally totally and completely revealed, even paraphrasing the Mod's private communication on the issue (which is yet another strike against her).
Old 08-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #1072
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Completely seriously, if the Ranger has any class at all he will not under any circumstance protect Sally tonight, leaving the WWs free to kill her off if they choose.
Is the mod around? Nope! Am I saying ANYTHING that he said? Nope! I'm just reassuring you that I am not, in fact, doing anything that I know to be illegal (beyond of course taking all the cookies from Glirdan's house while he slept).

Why does it feel more and more like Phantom's trying to trap me into saying my role so I will get killed? And on that note, what the heck is up with that?

Class? Let's talk about the class to not throw the game and let me die just because you don't like something. (You've not yet, but if you let them kill me it'll be the same thing.) Just because I'm not endowed with dozens of powers and gifts doesn't mean I'm worthless to the village, after all. I'm still an innocent. I still count. Thus....nyah. (And Nienna, you're welcome. I likely just made your life a bit easier, though it was definitely fun to wath you squirm.)

Phantom, I hope I know what you're doing. Heck, I hope you know what you're doing.

EDIT: x'd with Phantom's last, which I can't reply to because doing so would be against the rules. Sorry, love, but I'm simply not able to explain.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #1073
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Speaking of which, where is our distinguished mod?

P.S. Since Phantom ruined it, fine. I'm bloody the combined forces of the Muses, all right? Gish. I wasn't supposed to tell, but Phantom is relentless. I'm clever and singy and generally awesome. And they've never mentioned me....you know.

P.P.S. Back to Mira.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #1074
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mmk I'm going to bed. Do smart things.

++ Lal

Leaving the tally at:

Kath --> Lal
Lal --> Kath
Foley --> Nienna
Shasta --> Kath (2)
Nienna --> Lal (2)
Old 08-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #1075
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh bother. Phantom, who are you thinking about? (I'd ask Nerwen and Mira but they're not here, so they can answer me when they return.)

Personally I'd really like to see Kath go, but considering that Lal didn't take that much convincing to jump onto her I'd be happy with either one (which is to say that I think lynching one will tell us about the other, as I don't think they'd be wolves together, at least not by Lal's behavior).

Darn it, I just don't know. I'll think about it and return with my Miralysis.

P.S. Good night, Nienna, dear!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #1076
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Am I saying ANYTHING that he said? Nope!
How can you possibly say that when you did in fact paraphrase private words you exchanged, with the words "Glirdan said" right in front!!

So yeah, you are now making things worse by outright lying.
Quote:
Why does it feel more and more like Phantom's trying to trap me into saying my role so I will get killed?
If that was my intent, then I have already succeeded, seeing as, like it or not, you have in fact revealed your role to us. "Hey, I know things guys. I'm REALLY smart. The SMARTEST! And I'm a virgin. No, not Hestia. I'm the only other virgin on the list besides Hestia. Oh, and I was talking to the Mod and he said I could hint at my role but not reveal it. Hee hee."

So yeah, this debate is done. You cannot spin that any other way.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #1077
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
How can you possibly say that when you did in fact paraphrase private words you exchanged, with the words "Glirdan said" right in front!!

If that was my intent, then I have already succeeded, seeing as, like it or not, you have in fact revealed your role to us. "Hey, I know things guys. I'm REALLY smart. The SMARTEST! And I'm a virgin. No, not Hestia. I'm the only other virgin on the list besides Hestia. Oh, and I was talking to the Mod and he said I could hint at my role but not reveal it. Hee hee."

Okay, this is complicated.

Firstly, phantom is right: what you've said is a reveal, Sally. It goes beyond even the broadest hint in that it cuts out all possible roles but one. So yes, I'd say that if that is your role, you're in danger of modfire– and if it isn't, we have to wonder why you're lying about it.

However, phantom, consider this point before you vote her: as Sally's hints were dropped over a number of separate posts, she may not have realised herself they added up to a reveal. I'd have to read back over her posts to see how plausible that is.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #1078
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

Phantom, you accused me of cheating. Do you expect me to sit around and not defend myself? First of all, your attacks on me were far less than gentlemanly, which I normally expect even from an evil you. Watering me down to newbie talk and accusing me of lying is downright low, and I’m not the most thrilled to see that you look so happy to be “getting me killed”. May I point out, yet again, that I’m on the side of the village? If so, whose side does that make you on?

Also, any specifications to my role could have been put in my original PM, or it could not have. It doesn't matter; Glirdan's word is law. If decides to change his mind when he gets back (since I've been cross with Zeus for a while and decided to have a bit of rule-bending fun of my own to undo the injustice he dealt to the village) that's fine, and I'll take a modfire with dignity, but until he returns I'm totally not going to say anything else about what my role may or may not be. And until then, it's none of your business. You don't know what Glirdan told me, and I don't know what he told you, etc. For all I know you're Pan and you're just riling me up so's that the wolves will leave us to tear each other apart toMorrow. (I'm not saying that you are, but you get the idea.) There is no reason for me to lie about what Glirdan told me at this juncture, so why even ask, or imply that I'm not being truthful? That alone is just hurtful.

And if I'm modfired, I think Zeus should have been killed too, unless there's something about his role I don't know. Zeus works for the village now that Hera’s dead. That doesn't involve killing our legitimate seer just because he fancies it. I'm just sayin'. I may or may not be bending game play, but that’s sabotage, and I don’t care for it in the least.

Can I stop being moody and defensive now? I want to listen to the storm and get ready to kill a wolf. Also, Mira’s waiting in another window. Can I go back there now? That'd be super great.

EDIT: x'd with Nerwen. Great, now I'm just cranky.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #1079
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
CHILDREN!!! DO NOT MAKE ME END THIS GAME EARLY NOW!! BEHAVE!!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #1080
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
However, phantom, consider this point before you vote her
Nah, I'm not going to vote for her. That vote would be wasted, seeing as no one else has voted her.

I don't know who I'll vote for. No one seems to have followed the trail of evidence I left earlier to its logical conclusion, so I suppose I'll just tack my vote onto one of these other people.