The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 12:25 PM   #1
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
101 Things Barrow-Downers Would Never Post

I'm sorry, I just had to rip off the Books Forum here. If I'm breaking any rules, please feel free to smack me upside the head. Once again, keep it clean, for those that want to participate!
*Disclaimer* This is in no way meant to offend or to hurt anyone's feelings. This is just for fun. If you want to really rant on someone, go somewhere else.

The Barrow-Wight: "Lookie, here's an off-topic thread about badgers! Great fun! Keep going, guys!"

Sharku: "Guess what everyone? I have a bootleg copy of the TTT preview! If you want it, come and claim it!"

Mhoram: "Orlando Bloom discussion in the chatroom tonight, 8:30 sharp! Major topics: cheekbones, eyes, lips, and the Christina Ricci rumour. See you there!"

Kalessin: "Whoa, you guys are way too deep. I'm going to go watch MTV now."

red: "Welcome newbies! Make yourself at home!"

Rinurion: "Everyone, meet my best friend, red."

Squatter of Amon Rudh: "Keats? Who the hell is Keats? Ah, yes, you want an on-topic, relevant thread? Sure thing, lads!"
Old 04-07-2002, 04:21 PM   #2
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye

This topic is not Tolkien-related. I'm shutting it down!

Just kidding! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lemme think of one or two.

Thenamir: "Who gives a &$@#! Keep your &#$@ and &@$# and just have fun! Yee haw!"

Kate: "J.R. Tolkeen is my favrit arthur ever. He's even gooder than uther arthurs."

Kate (again): "Dave Matthews Band is the worst."

That's all I have time for.
Old 04-07-2002, 04:50 PM   #3
Sharkû
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkû has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

'The line "the shadow about it reached out like two vast wings" is pretty straightforward.' -- Underhill
Old 04-07-2002, 07:05 PM   #4
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Rinurion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks lush... it really lightened my day. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
in Mordor where the shadows are.
Old 04-07-2002, 07:18 PM   #5
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Dwarin Thunderhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Barow-Wight: Sure I'll make you an op. all you have to do is ask!

Thenamir: Cussing isn't all that bad.

Thenamir: All truth is relative

Sharku: English really is a superior language.

Underhill: Shouldn't we just say things clearly and not go off on rabbit trails.

Gilthaion: Oh yeah I have plenty of time to do another RPG.

Mhoram: I love all those off topic discussions.

red: Undeerhill nyeah, whatever.

Kate: Orli is soo hooot.

Kate: I loved my color theory professor.

Twinkle: I HATE ZIFNAB HE IS SOOO MEAN [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Rinurion: I think that the the personification of the Balrog. Is an alligorical representation is equoivicall to demons and other apporitions. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2002, 09:25 PM   #6
Lush
Fair and Cold

Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Aralaithiel: "Elves are Tolkien's most idiotic creations. Stupid immortal gits!"

The Barrow-Wight: "I tell you chaps, what we really need is another Bible thread!"

Zones: "Geez people, learn how to write in complete sentences! It's not hard, you know!"

Mhoram: "Silma-what???"
Old 04-07-2002, 11:07 PM   #7
Mayla Took
Wight

Mayla Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mayla Took
Ring

Here is my five sence to add.

muffin_goddes~ "What kind of moron cryes in a LOTR film. Tsk, I would never...."

Samwise~ "I have decided that Sam can lick my boots! I don't see what I ever saw in him! Now Legolas on the other hand, theres a hunk of burnin' Elf! Oh yea, and I am seeing somone about that spilt personality...."

Lush~ "Viggo Mortensen? What a sorry excuse for an actor! I wouldn't be caught dead with seen whith him!"

Gilthalion~ "Awww! I can't think of anything good to write for my fan fiction. Boo hoo! Pleaase, will some of you nice people help me think of somthing?"

Ha ha, that is fun! Thanks Lush.

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Mayla Took ]
Bilbo to Merry and Pippin

"Fool of a Took! This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!"
Gandalf to Pippin in Moria

E-mail me at mailto:ThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.comThirdAgeHobbit@hotmail.com</A>
Oh, and please rate me. THANKS!
Old 04-08-2002, 12:29 AM   #8
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

What a fun thread, Lush! Here are a few more:

Lush: Orlando Bloom? Oh, puh-lease, who's interested in some punk actor - he doesn't even look good!

Maril...: The movie is just awful - that director whatsisname didn't show Frodo looking at the ring often enough! But who cares, there's nothing we can do about it anyway!

Sharku: Welcome to the Downs, bunny-wunnies! Please post often!

Glenethor: Movie? What movie?? They made LotR into a movie???

zifnab: You want a source quote for that? Nah, too much bother for me to look it up!

Mhoram: I'm a newbie - please don't eat me!

Numerous participants whose names I will not mention:
Why should I post an answer? I have nothing of significance to contribute to that topic!

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-08-2002, 05:50 AM   #9
ElfRayor

Sting

did I say that? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2002, 03:12 PM   #10
Lush
Fair and Cold

Nah, Zones, it's something you WOULDN'T say. That's the point of the thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] All in good fun.

Mithadan: "Traveling is for cheapskates who can't afford to get the Travel Channel. Why both with jet-lag, when you can see it all on the tube?"

The Barrow-Wight: "The exectuive committee of this site, or, to put it more plainly, me, myself, and I, has decreed gloom, doom, and rotting corpses to be no longer fashionable. Therefore, we are changing the theme to Lothlórien..."
Sharku: "Ooh! Ooh! Does it mean I get to be Galadriel?"
The Barrow-Wight: "No, you prat, white is not your colour..."

Glenethor: "Yeah, I saw FotR, like, once. Not too shabby of a flick, but sitting through a three-hour movie again is simply beyond me."

Mhoram: "Who are Led Zeppelin again?" *scratches head*

Turambar: "Eh, William Wordsworth, what an idiot."

Aralaithiel: "Yeah, I'm writing this fan-fic, but I have a Kafka-esque approach to these things. I really don't want anyone to read them. They are totally private, you know."

red: "All you need is love! Doo doo doo doo doo..."

The Barrow-Wight: "Boromir was the most tragic of all Tolkien's characters. Poor guy never wanted to hurt no one, he just needed to protect his people! Whenever I read that part, I cry like a little girl." *sob*
Old 04-08-2002, 03:23 PM   #11
Turambar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Turambar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Turambar
Sting

Lush - "Abstinence is my guiding principle." [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Mithadan - "$%&^*#@ you, you &*(%%$-ing &^&*#$%%.

Bruce MacCulloch - "Edward I - a good historical model for Theoden."

red - "can we go over thant balrog-wing question one more time?"

Eve - [insert any reasoned, intelligent comment]

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Turambar ]
Old 04-08-2002, 03:43 PM   #12
onewhitetree
Seeker of Syntax

onewhitetree has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to onewhitetree
Sting

Estelyn: All these long words are getting to be too much for me. I think I'll lapse into chat pidgin from now on. l8ers!

Barrow-Wight: You know who I really miss? That Borthand guy. He was a real asset to my site.

Underhill: dident u no? Iam speelcheck Man!

Well, I'M BACK.
Old 04-08-2002, 04:10 PM   #13
Lush
Fair and Cold

Hahahaha, Turambar! If you only knew! (I'll be taking that one as a compliment [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

Maril...: "...And then I saw Richard Gere, and was, like, 'OMIGOD! It's Richard Gere!!!' I threw myself down on the ground before him, started screaming his name, and begging him to sign my chest. Then, security came and began to drag me away, kicking and screaming..."

Turambar: "No thank you! I don't need to know what any of you look like!"

Kailmac: "Orc-women? *Yawn* Who gives a damn?"

Rosa Underhill: "Bible? What kind of losers read the Bible these days anyway?"

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Lush ]
Old 04-08-2002, 07:15 PM   #14
Thingol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thingol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

red: It's Red, not red

Lush: Bear? Who drinks alcohol? I could really go for some apple juice right about now.

The Barrow Wight: This board is has too much Tolkien talk on it, we need an off topic section. As of tomorrow 'll be starting a Nascar section.

Mhoram: What type of a loser watches Nascar?

Sharku: What kind of a freak takes quotes and life advice from some strange poem with a name like The Havamal?

Kate: Well I've tabulated the points and it looks like Sharku has won. Sharku please send me your home adress, the grand prize is 1 million dollars.

Kate: Did you all see me on MTV's spring break? I'm gonna be in this new video, it's called Girls Gone Wild VII

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Thingol ]
Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.
Old 04-08-2002, 09:43 PM   #15
Belegfanaion
Animated Skeleton

Belegfanaion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Belegfanaion
Sting

Here's a couple!

Jake: Orlando Bloom?! Who the @#$% would like a guy with POINTY EARS? That's like lovin' a @#$% VULCAN!

Andrew: {BURPP!}

Dannette: YOU SHALL NOT BURP!!!!!!!!

Andrew: Falls off bridge, dragging Dannette down with him.
As Frodo did so, he now saw fine lines, finer than the finest pen-strokes, running along the ring, outside and inside: lines of fire that seemed to form the letters of a flowing script. They shone piercingly bright, and yet remote, as if out of a great depth.
'I cannot read the fiery letters,' said Frodo in a quavering voice.
'No,' said Gandalf, 'but I can. The letters are Elvish, of an ancient mode, but the language is that of Mordor, which I will not utter here. But this in the Common Tongue is what is said, close enough:
One Ring to Bring them all and in the darkness bind them.'"
Old 04-08-2002, 10:24 PM   #16
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Rinurion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Heres my poor attempt at joining in [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]...
zifnab: can som1 pls be my friend? pls... im so lonely...

Dwarin: Elves are far, far better than those stinking dwarves

Dwarin: Why would you want to hit them with a shovel when you can impail them with the aeglos?

Kate: Bloodless rain is such a wonderful contributor to the barrowdowns...

Mosco Baggins/Nevilinion: The ops are so fair. Why would i want to be an op with these wonderful people around?

Gilthalion: Of course you can be manwe, my dear. In fact, you can take control of the entire rpg [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
in Mordor where the shadows are.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:28 PM   #17
Mhoram
Dead and Loving It

Mhoram has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
The Barrow Wight: This board is has too much Tolkien talk on it, we need an off topic section. As of tomorrow 'll be starting a Nascar section.
Hah, don't put it by him. But then again, with me beating him so bad, he probally wouldn't want to talk about it at all. *nudge* *wink*

Quote:
Kate: Did you all see me on MTV's spring break? I'm gonna be in this new video, it's called Girls Gone Wild VII
Yeah, umm, I had planned to comment on this, but it just isn't worth loosing those eight Kate-points i've accumulated.

psss, guys, let me remind you, be careful not to say anything that could be taken offensively. The last thing we need is someone taking a joke too far and really hurting someone's feelings.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:42 PM   #18
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Orald has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orald Send a message via Yahoo to Orald
Sting

BW: "Borthond was a cool guy, but I really miss Salavas"

Sharku: "Where the heck did you get that quote from?"

Tar-Elenion: "It's from HoME XIII, Myths Transthorned"

"well, my favorite would have to be pippin..."

Lindil: "Why don't we have polls for threads like "who is your favorite member of the Fellowship?" anymore? I loved those."

Mithadan: "I agree"

Kate: "I'm taking the position of round earth which is verified from many sources, yes. But I am ALSO taking the intent and statement of Tolkien established in ANADUNE and carried forth in subsequent revisions (accompanied by letters of the time and afterward) that it was always round.

They go hand in hand.

If you choose to call that revisionist, then I stand with Tolkien in his 'revisionism' with pride.
Although it seems to me that in trying to piece information in, and disregarding text that doesn't fit the old models, the term revisionist is backflowing to the originator.

Examining an oft quoted text such as OF DWARVES AND MEN gives a perfect example.
They will cite information selectively from it, but hold the text as unacceptable because it damages too much of the old text.
Who's truly revising here really?

They are trying to window dress old text that in places has been abandoned or altered as shown clearly from the (to them) unacceptable sources they are pulling from. These are the creators of differing mythologies, not Tolkien.

By exemplication of comparison: they are trying to hold the text of HISTORY of LOTR as canon (RETURN OF THE SHADOW, TREASON OF ISENGARD, WAR OF THE RING, SAURON DEFEATED), while pulling information from the finished LOTR, and rejecting passages that contradict this 'established' canon.

As for what is published in LOTR concerning elvish orcs, the conclusions are stated as only assumptions by the elves.
Look again.

Concerning the 'Bad ol days', this could have valid applications several ways.
1 They were present. (Possible if the corruption of fea/hroa is strong enough to have been rendered unnatural and against Eru's law; see sorcerors, wizards, deadmen of dunharrow for other examples of extended time in Arda)

2 They were not present. (Also possible, as statements are made that are carry-overs or references to/from bygone eras. See 'those were they good ol days', 'in the days of yore', 'once upon a time' etc.)

This does not examine the possible applications from learned speech patterns (beasts), orcish mythology, possible references to a time of indirect control of a dark lord, or other scenarios."

[ April 09, 2002: Message edited by: Durelen ]
Old 04-08-2002, 10:54 PM   #19
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Orald has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orald Send a message via Yahoo to Orald
Sting

And I think we all know twinkles inevitable reply to Kate's statement which will lead to a very deep thread on Orcish Fear in which Estelyn and a few others will throw themselves into.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:09 PM   #20
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Mr. Underhill: "Look. This is a simple fairy tale. Stop reading into it."

Kalessin: "Post-modernism? Khalil Gibran?? Let's stick to quoting the books, shall we?"

Lush: "Haurumph. This is a serious discussion, not a Hobbit walking party. Take your tomfoolery elsewhere."
Old 04-09-2002, 03:11 AM   #21
LadyArwen
Pile O'Bones

LadyArwen has just left Hobbiton.
Haha! This is a great thread! How about:

Mhoram: Aw c'mon ... give the newbies a chance ... they just need to prove themselves in time, that's all ...

red: Under-eighteens. Such a pleasure to meet you all.

red: Elijah? What ... Elijah Wood! Oh Elijah, take me, take me!

Sharku: *rubbing hands* Right now, time for some serious Orly discussion time!
Old 04-09-2002, 04:02 AM   #22
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Shadowfax/Facsimile: Why should I be interested in a topic for a serious book discussion - I'm only a teen! I just want to know if you think Orly is hotter than Elijah! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-09-2002, 04:06 AM   #23
Bruce MacCulloch
Dead Man of Dunharrow

Bruce MacCulloch has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Bruce MacCulloch
Ring

Any one of the hormone-driven Orlando-droolers: 'I agree. I think that in order to gain a proper understanding of the question at hand, one absolutely must refer to the Letters for clarity. The next best place to look for a possible answer would be HoME XII, Peoples of Middle Earth. Either way, I'm not going to answer it for you - Look it up!'
Old 04-09-2002, 05:50 AM   #24
ElfRayor

Sting

my self: ohh! look my cow is flying!
BW: hmpf! i wanted to close that topic!,
we r sorry ,we have to close this topic .........

Old 04-09-2002, 07:13 AM   #25
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Scandalous! Libelous! Entirely undignified and insulting!

*Admin looks about quickly to ensure no one is looking.*

Mhoram: I had an invigorating discussion on Chat last night about heroic archetypes in the Silmarillion.

Legolust: Indeed, fascinating discourse.
Old 04-09-2002, 09:29 AM   #26
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Myself;
1) any post where my second point doesn't utterly contradict my first
2) any post where my second point isn't a mere copy of the first

Ops; There are 'other topics'? *Scratch heads and look round confusedly*

Pre-pubescent Legolas fans; So, I just got back online after translating the first volume of HoME into Sindarin when a thought about the relationship of the Legendarium and the Silmarillion occurred to me...
Old 04-09-2002, 10:55 AM   #27
twinkle
Animated Skeleton

twinkle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

zifnab: tax-returns.....whatever would i do with those?

Sharku: lederhosen are uncool.....

Thenamir: ebay? you can sell stuff online?

Kate: painting still lifes is such a wonderful pastime....

Miriel: chatting is too boring to me, i'd much rather continue working on my assignments [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Orald: Kate? who's Kate?

Mhoram: i just bought the new Backstreet Boys cd....best band to ever hit the planet...anyone care to discuss?

Bruce: heraldry is dead...

Telchar: i'm switching to water....permanently....

red: Belle just had two puppies [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]...i named them Elijah and Orlando, aren't they just the cutest?

Dwarin: chat bots are overrated....

Estelyn: i'm tired of sensible discussions...

Mirkgirl: mountain dew is for sissies!
Old 04-09-2002, 11:44 AM   #28
ElfRayor

Sting

My self: HMPF! i wanted this topic to close! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Dwarin: i think OP´s r stupid!ill will never be 1!
red: ill change my name to Red......
My self: red? well then ill be blue or.... black?orenge?red does not like Red so ill be Red!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
B-W: oh! god we even did not have 1.000.000 forum members!
My self: who is member nº 1? was it j.r.r.tolkien got in the internet before dying? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2002, 02:00 PM   #29
Niere-Teleliniel
Haunting Spirit

Niere-Teleliniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

(I think RKittle was no. 1)

The-elf-herself: Sindarin? Why would anyone even consider learning such a common language? Gimme a break!

Airetalathwen: You know, this whole LOTR passion was just a fluke, I'm going back to horses....

~Douglas Adams
Old 04-09-2002, 05:01 PM   #30
Lush
Fair and Cold

LadyArwen: "Chatting at 5:30 in the morning is for losers. No offense!"

Kalimac: "Slavic languages...bleh."

Lush(me): "Sorry guys, April Fool's jokes are not my idea of fun, I find them immature and distasteful."

Maril...: "All my life I wanted to be just like everyone else!!!"

Sharku: "My favorite has to be PJ's interpretation of Arwen. I daresay she looks might tasty on that white horse, with that big sword!"

Bruce MacCulloch: "If it's not Scottish, it's crrrap!"
Old 04-09-2002, 05:54 PM   #31
mordor136
Wight

mordor136 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

almost anyone: "WHAT, no way. Aragorn gave them their swords not some dude named Bombidail and who's Tolkien?
Old 04-10-2002, 05:16 AM   #32
Bruce MacCulloch
Dead Man of Dunharrow

Bruce MacCulloch has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Bruce MacCulloch
Ring

Quote:
But I do say that.
Old 04-10-2002, 02:59 PM   #33
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Scandalous! Fun! Lovely!

Lush: Who's Orlando Bloom?

I Luv Frodo: I hate Frodo!

Kalessin: oh, who cares about intellectual debates? They're too hard for me. Everyone here is so much smarter!

Sharku: I admit it. I sell pirated merchandise. I just didn't want any competition.

No offense to ANYONE for this post.

[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: dragongirlG ]
Old 04-10-2002, 06:51 PM   #34
Lush
Fair and Cold

Quote:

But I do say that.
*slaps herself on the head*
I meant to add that you probably would say that. Oops! Alright then.

Bruce MacCulloch (doing his best Longshanks impersonation): "The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots!"

(Bruce, don't get offended, believe me, I get stupid movie references about Russia thrown at me on a daily basis)

Turambar: "Gee, I miss Eve. What a friendly gal!" *sigh*

Glenethor: "Man, do they absolutely have to include that silly poem in TTT? It sounded ghastly in the preview!"

Airetauriel: "Why is every fan of PJ's movies acting like they're a heroin addict going through withdrawal? It's only 8 more months! You can wait! Sheesh!"
Old 04-11-2002, 02:40 AM   #35
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

*Maril gets a naughty gleam in her eye and can't resist adding..*

Mr. Underhill: Well, the homoerotic subtext of the LotR is obvious..

Gilthalion: Hobbits? They're a bit, er, twee don't you think?

Mhoram: Gee. I'm not sure.

Mithadan: !!@!%&@e!! chatting orli fans and rpgers i've had enough of this, if the ops don ban any 1 4 evn saying the name orli im oughta hre! do u understnd me??????!!!!!

B-W: I have come. But I do not choose to do what I have come to do.
The Site is Mine!
All of you, get out.

[ April 11, 2002: Message edited by: Marileangorifurnimaluim ]
Old 04-13-2002, 10:04 AM   #36
Lush
Fair and Cold

red: "Have some pity for Morgoth, you heartless twits!"

Zones: "Turambar, young man, I am 82 years old, my name is Henry Louis Gates, and I teach a class in Harvard entitled The Metaphysics of Language. Why the sudden curiosity?"

Mhoram: "Why be blunt when you can dance around the subject for a week?"
Old 04-16-2002, 08:17 AM   #37
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Lush: Me, drink alcohol? You must be mistaken, I would never do something like that!

Mhoram: A difference of opinion? Don't bother to quote to support your view, I believe you!
Old 04-16-2002, 12:43 PM   #38
Turambar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Turambar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Turambar
Sting

BARROW-WIGHT: I wish this thread would go on and on.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:07 PM   #39
Araen
Haunting Spirit

Araen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

These are really too funny, and rather true from what little I have gathered from my short time at the BD. I however can't thik of anything to add.
"Where is the horse and the rider, where is the horn that was blowing, they have passed like rain on the mountains, like wind in the meadow, the days are damned in the west? behind the hills? there are shadows... "
Old 04-16-2002, 03:35 PM   #40
Lush
Fair and Cold

(Ha! Turambar gives me the best ideas)

The Barrow-Wight: "The thread goes ever on and on/Down from the lush where it began..."

Airetauriel: "I just joined the Official Liv Tyler Fan Club! Go me!"

Mhoram: "...And then we sat around and listened to some Michael Bolton."

Nuranar: "Eh, Galadriel...I'm not that keen on blond hair colour and silly rings."

Araen: "Well now, let's see, since I know you all so well by now and everything, I believe that Turambar would never post that..."