The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #2201
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Many happy returns Master Gwathagor!

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #2202
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
1420!

Happy birthday, Gwath!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #2203
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Indeed, Gwath. Enjoy the day.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #2204
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
A very good day to the "Gwath-leader"!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #2205
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
Happy Birthday Gwath!
Old 07-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #2206
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy Birthday to Durelin and many thanks for creating games past, present and future!!! I will have my overdue post done and gift wrapped for your return!

Old 07-15-2011, 05:26 AM   #2207
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Happy Birthday to Glirdy!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #2208
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Happy birthday Glirdan and belatedly Durelin!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #2209
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Many thanks for the birthday wishes
Old 07-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #2210
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Happy Birthday Wilwa!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #2211
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

And Happy Birthday to Ibrin!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #2212
Ibrîniđilpathânezel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ibrîniđilpathânezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Ibrîniđilpathânezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
And Happy Birthday to Ibrin!
Thanks, Inzil. I've been a lurker for months because of my health; my doctor put me on a statin drug in June of last year, and though it was a low dose, it built up in my system like things tend to do. Around Christmas, I thought I was irritating the tendinitis in my right arm and shoulder from too much typing, but it persisted for months, and eventually started to spread into places it didn't belong — and I was getting more and more exhausted. The pain was horrific, and nothing helped it, not Physical therapy, not even the strongest narcotic painkillers. On the first day of this June, the date on which my father died, I suddenly remembered what had killed him: heart failure caused by kidney failure that had been caused by him taking a statin drug. I went off it immediately, and the arm started to improve within a few days, with no other medical intervention. It's almost back to normal now, though my energy isn't, but I figure it took time to get real bad, it'll take time to get better. Sigh. But it's a happy birthday, because I'm still alive when I might not have been, or might've been in far worse shape if I hadn't taken things into my own hands. The only bad thing today is the heat and humidity, which is the worst it's been in well over ten years. But I have AC, so I am grateful!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #2213
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I've heard similar stories about statins, but I'm glad to hear you're doing better, Ibrin. Your insights have been sorely missed.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #2214
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Happy Birthday Ibri! I am sorry you have had a difficult time. I have learnt the past year that health is a house of cards ..disturb one thing at your peril... I wish you better things for the coming year - and this article may interest you http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...t-old-age.html

Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #2215
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
Happy Birthday Ibrin! As I said in one of the other threads, I hope your health continues to improve!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #2216
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

1420!

Happy Birthday, Legate!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:55 AM   #2217
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Belated happy birthday Brinn, Pitch, Lauri, Gwath, The Barrow Wight, Glirdy and Ibrin! (I don't know... go away for a couple of weeks, and people start having birthdays all over the place...)

And congratulations to Legate on completing his first quarter-century!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #2218
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
And happy birthday Miggy!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #2219
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thanks for the birthday wishes, Zil and Nerwen! I must say, passing the milestone of quarter a century with the perspective of being a 'Downer is quite a nice feeling.

And now, a very, very happy birthday to Miggy, as always, hope you had a great day!!!

(And belatedly I'd like to wish at least in thought to all whose I have missed... as it happens especially always in summer.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #2220
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ouch! Missed alot of birthdays during my absence!

Belated congratulations to Gwath, Dury, Glirdy (sending you pie up north!), Wilwa (and some muffins too!), Perky (where are you?), Ibrinidhilpathanezel (may your name only get longer in Entish terms, and may Treebeard add many good things to it!), Legate (may your riddles only get more and more cryptic!), and last but not least The Mighty Guard of the Citdel!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 07-24-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Galadriel55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #2221
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Same here. Belated best wishes to wilwa, Ibrin, Leggy and Miggy - and (probably too early in your time-zone, but lest I forget it) Happy Birthday Dimturiel!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #2222
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday, Dim!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #2223
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

С днём рожденья, Lush, and happy birthday, Finwe!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #2224
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Tripple posting?

Happy birthday, Morai!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:14 AM   #2225
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boots A Lommy is always late

Belated congrats Lush, Dim, Wilwa, Glirdy, Ibrin, Miggy, Gwath, Dury, Perky, Ibrin, Lauri, Brinn and Pitch. Hope you all had fun.

ps. I don't think I've ever missed this many BD birthdays in a row before!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:29 AM   #2226
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Happy birthday to my tangoing Blues Brother, skip!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #2227
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Seconded Happy Birthday to skip!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #2228
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Let's skip skip's birthday.

Kidding.

Happy birthday, Skip!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #2229
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Happy birthday, skip! May the music roll!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 08-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #2230
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Rune! I hope you had enough time to recover from Finlandmoot to have a great day!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-18-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Galadriel55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #2231
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Predictably belated Happy Quality Birthday, Rune!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #2232
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday to davem, and belatedly to Rune!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #2233
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday, Davem!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #2234
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Legolas and red!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #2235
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

A very happy birthday to Roa and also to Urwen, two members who can hardly be overlooked, even though lately they both haven't been very active... Who would have thought of them having so much in common if it wasn't for this birthday-coincidence?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #2236
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday and much lalaith to Roa and Urwen!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:33 AM   #2237
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Happy birthday to Nilp, Adam and whoever else lives inside that head!

Also, belated best wishes to davem, Roa and Urwen!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #2238
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Happy Birthday to my darling boy.... *huggles*.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #2239
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

++Nilp

Happy birthday!
Old 09-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #2240
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday to Marky Lazer, BGreg, and belatedly to all I've missed recently.