The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #1121
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Sunday started with Squatter & I sitting in a cosy wine bar for 45 minutes before Mith arrived.
Gordon's I presume!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post

The banana was a commission.. not quite as random as it sounds...honest..
Quote:
Originally Posted by On Fairy Stories, JRRT

But what of the banana skin? Our business with it really only beings when it has been rejected by historians. It is more useful when it has been thrown away. The historian would be likely to say that the banana-skin story 'became attached to the Archbishop'. . . . I think it would be nearer the truth to say that the Archbishop bcame (sic) attached to the banana skin . . . .
Just pointing out the extent to which some Downers will go to keep moots Tolkien-based.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #1122
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It was ... splendid place.. I was so stunnedby the delights of the wine list I quite forgot I was meant to be getting Squatter a drink..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #1123
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*is envious*
Old 11-28-2011, 05:47 PM   #1124
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry View Post
Gordon's I presume!
Yes, it was really nice. Just the right atmosphere for a Barrow-Downs moot.

Quote:
Just pointing out the extent to which some Downers will go to keep moots Tolkien-based.
Yes, that's exactly what we had on mind with the banana thing. How did you guess?

Quote:
I was so stunnedby the delights of the wine list I quite forgot I was meant to be getting Squatter a drink...
I successfully managed to avoid buying drinks, which wasn't intentional and which I felt slightly bad about. So to make up for it, I bought Kath's drink when we got to the bar. She protested because it was more expensive than the wine she had got me, but I reminded her I still owed her a Pepsi from our last Londonmoot in 2008. That's what you get from having a good memory and a strong sense of fairness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
*is envious*
Wurstlandmoot. That is all. We want it.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #1125
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Wurstlandmoot. That is all. We want it.
Come and claim it, then! (In other words, see #1116 above.)
Old 11-29-2011, 03:59 AM   #1126
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Ah, I have fond memories of Gordon's, where Squatter, Bęthberry and I met several years ago! A lovely place for hobbitses!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #1127
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
Ah, I have fond memories of Gordon's, where Squatter, Bęthberry and I met several years ago! A lovely place for hobbitses!
On first sight, I read it as "Gondor's", which might be a more appropriate name anyway...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #1128
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
It was ... splendid place.. I was so stunnedby the delights of the wine list I quite forgot I was meant to be getting Squatter a drink..
I am so happy you accepted my suggestion. Very Middle-earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Yes, that's exactly what we had on mind with the banana thing. How did you guess?
Nothing to guess about. I was positively certain that Squatter would never forget a Tolkien reference to banana skins.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #1129
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The location was Squatter's choice rather peversely since he wasn't drinking wine but it was very convenient for me, being carried by the lazy South wind to Waterloo and since there were over three hours of malfunctioning public transport between me and my car I did sample a couple of vintages...

I have to admit I haven't read "On fairy stories" but I am sure it was the intention of my more erudite and learned companions.... I have long since learnt not to mind too much always being the dimmest person present at such gatherings.. as well on this occasion demonstrating that I seem to possess both moth and goldfish DNA...

Old 11-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #1130
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Come and claim it, then! (In other words, see #1116 above.)
I will, and I will also claim a certain hat I was dared to claim. Around Easter should be fine for me, we don't usually have an Easter holiday but should have a couple of days off so time-wise, I think it's manageable. Finances are a different matter, but if I can balance between school and work well enough, you can count on my being there.

Quote:
Nothing to guess about. I was positively certain that Squatter would never forget a Tolkien reference to banana skins.
Actually if he said anything about it, I must have missed it - having never read On Fairy Stories, I only learned it from your post.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #1131
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Over the last two weekends I have been lucky enough to spend my time in the company of some admirable 'Downers and one equally admirable non-'Downer. This has involved frequently running for trains, accidentally assaulting innocent bystanders, meeting random Swedish people and consistently making fun of Squatter. (By the way, there is a wonderful picture lurking on my computer of a certain person drinking a certain drink - have I permission to post it Squatter?)

Anyway, it all started in London (after an evening spent researching how to get to London give that every train in the south east appeared to have morphed into a bus) at the most expensive pub I've ever been in with Mith, Squatter and Aganzir. Having been coerced into buying drinks we then had a lovely if hard to hear chat. Occasionally the conversation went a bit high-brow or at least, 1980s-brow and therefore went a bit over mine and Agan's heads but it was still lovely! We then moved on for food. Agan refused to speak to us during the meal but that was apparently due to her being Finnish rather than hatred.

From here we lost both Squatter and Mith, but not before a well-planned hug attack turned into an attack on a very cross woman. We feel bad ... really we do ...

Agan and I went on to spend an hour or two sat in a bar waiting for the non-'Downer component of the trip. There was much talk of werewolf, other 'Downers, my inability to remember anything in my life, and the events of previous moots. Then Annina turned up, demanded food and we left. (This is misleading. I was getting the last train home right at that moment ).

Now, I thought that was it, but no! Friday arrives and there is another opportunity to see 3/4 of these marvellous people. So off I trooped up to London again (without train troubles this time thankfully) and there were Agan and Annina waiting for me. A theme was revealed when we immediately went to get food, picked up Squatter, and headed straight for a bar again. No people-abusing this time though. Around 3 or 4 hours were then spent in said bar where Annina and I watched as Agan and Squatter fell steadily in love over a cosmopolitan and politics. A mad dash to the last train then followed and back home.

It has been a while since I've seen Mith and it was lovely to see her again! I think she was a little terrified by some of the madness but she coped gallantly. She also brought chocolate raisins which means I love her for life.

It was nice to see Squatter so many times in a week! And he very kindly bought us drinks so again he is loved for life. His hat, his random mumblings, his new fuddy-duddy moniker and his general laid back attitude to the insanity around him makes him a very enjoyable person to be around.

Agan is always fun to experience! Got to spend quite a bit of time one to one with her for once so we had some really interesting conversations. Admittedly I monopolised a large part of one of them with school questions but it was really interesting! I'm very glad we got to meet up so soon after Finlandmoot and didn't have to wait a whole year this time!

Annina I finally feel I actually started to get to know this time which was so lovely! Normally when we meet there are so many others around we barely have time for a chat but over drinks if not food () we did this time! Hopefully we'll meet up again soon!

Two fab weekends all in all.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:30 AM   #1132
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Around 3 or 4 hours were then spent in said bar where Annina and I watched as Agan and Squatter fell steadily in love over a cosmopolitan and politics.
Politics is so passé, we talked about aesthetics. The discussion was triggered by something the bartender said while collecting glasses that I didn't hear properly, but I think it was about Squatter looking beautiful with his pink cocktail. (This happened while Kath and Annina went to see if they could change Kath's train ticket.)

Quote:
Got to spend quite a bit of time one to one with her for once so we had some really interesting conversations.
That happens way too seldom. We should make it a habit to get some private time each time we meet because I always have so much fun with Kath!

It was a good week and two great weekends. I'm home now, but I'd rather be in England.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #1133
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Don't lick the cacti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Having been coerced into buying drinks we then had a lovely if hard to hear chat. Occasionally the conversation went a bit high-brow or at least, 1980s-brow and therefore went a bit over mine and Agan's heads It has been a while since I've seen Mith and it was lovely to see her again! I think she was a little terrified by some of the madness but she coped gallantly. She also brought chocolate raisins which means I love her for life.
Knowing most of Blackaddar verbatim is an indicator of many things, not necessarily being highbrow. Nor is talking about the merits of convertibles.

Terrified is a bit strong but I was a bit startled by Agan's unwitting battery upon a hapless passer by...

But it was lovely to see them again and well worth emerging from my near anchorite level of anti-sociability ..I was quite envious that I couldn't rejoin them especially since pink cocktails were involved... hopefully it won't be another three years till the next time. And the raisins are a bit of a tradition but I can't remember why...

Old 01-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #1134
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have just returned home after meeting Bethberry. We have been planning this moot for 6 months, and now it finslly happened! We talked about Tolkien and the Downs, and toasted the Professor together. Bethberry is a really kind and nice person, and really fun to be around. I hope to meet her again soon! She can now attest to me being a real person and not a random chimpanzee randomly posting random randomness. Or maybe I am one.

Oh, and we remembered the bananas.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #1135
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Okay, Galadriel55 covered the Downs while I covered Facebook and Wellinghall Smial. Now to crack the society page of The Downer. . . .

Galadriel, for all those who haven't seen her, looks, despite her screen nick, like Arwen, with lovely, long dark hair, but with waves and curls like one would expect with Galadriel. We recognised each other immediately, even without wearing Barrow Downs tees. She has an infectious smile and a look both mischievious and mysterious. She laughs often and I'm very glad I never challenged her on any of the quote threads!

And if I'm the first Downer to meet her in person, I'm probably the last Downer to learn her real life name.

We toasted The Professor with thanks for bringing us together and planned next to meet at our smial's next moot.

And no, there's no cool pictures of us fishing, boating, climbing monuments or singing wurst songs on the city streets because it was -17C out and like hobbits we preferred the cosy indoors.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #1136
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Sounds nice and sounds like you had fun I wouldn't worry about not supplying any stunning photo-documentation, I think it's good to hear for a change about a meeting where no really peculiar stuff had occured...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #1137
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
For better, not for wurst...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #1138
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
For better, not for wurst...
Not for wurst. For bananas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethberry
And if I'm the first Downer to meet her in person, I'm probably the last Downer to learn her real life name.
Hopefully not. I hope I didn't freak you out so much that other Downers looking at you would avoid meeting me.

And I remembered this. I wish we had more time for it.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #1139
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchie
... for all those around Europe who won't be able to make it to RotR (or who just can't wait that long), how about having a Wurstlandmoot sometime next spring (like, say, around Easter)? I'd be pleased to host, if there's interest. We live half an hour's drive from Frankfurt-Hahn and about an hour from Frankfurt International, so picking everybody up at their respective airport would be no prob with a bit of organisation. Our house easily sleeps ~8 people (10 with a little piling), and if there should be more, there's a youth hostel in a very nearby village. We live in a pretty rural aerea, but close to the cities of Mainz, Koblenz and Frankfurt and the Middle Rhine Valley, which is one of the most beautiful pieces of Germany with lots of historic attractions (indeed, a day tour by ship on the Rhine, passing the Loreley and one castle after another, is something to write home about).
The sister has a week off this spring, we had a couple of options for it and it's possible one of them could be me dragging her overseas. Is anyone else thinking of taking Pitch up on this?

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:35 AM   #1140
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
The sister has a week off this spring, we had a couple of options for it and it's possible one of them could be me dragging her overseas. Is anyone else thinking of taking Pitch up on this?
Certainly at least I'd be up for it (the famous Wurstland is almost in riding distance for me, and that goes probably also for other Wurstland-denizens apart from Pitch...). Especially if you were coming, that'd be a non-miss opportunity.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #1141
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

For me, it all depends on the date - a family gathering is planned for Easter, and it definitely takes priority. If the dates don't coincide, I could possibly come...
Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #1142
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Dearest Pitchie,

Much as I would greatly desire to savour a Wurstlandmoot, this year would be impossible for me.

I am already committed (yes, get that ) to RotR in England and have two other high-carbon-footprint trips planned (to Nicaragua and and then later to Ecuador/Peru) so alas the pennies just aren't there for more.

But if the future holds any possibilities . . .

Sincerely,
Bethie

Last edited by Bęthberry; 02-06-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: oh the horror, the horror of sp. mistakes
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:12 AM   #1143
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I originally said yes I'll come, but at the moment I doubt I'll make it - I'm quite busy with university at the moment which means both my time and monies will be limited. However, I'll be in England in August.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #1144
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
It's quite a long shot, as it'll be a month or more until Ollie knows if she can even afford the trip, and who knows what ticket prices will get up to in that time. If she can't go I'm not sure if I would go or not.

But you'll definitely see me in England.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #1145
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Shield

Late as ever (late like the Rohirrim?), I just read all the Finlandmoot posts for the first time. They made me smile and miss summer and all you fantastic people. Thanks for everything everyone - this might come a little late, but I still wanted to say it! *sends hugs everybody, even the Englishmen*

And as for the Wurstmoot - April is bad for me, but if it was later, I could always try skipping lots of school and combining a trip to Prague with a trip to Wurstland....
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #1146
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Bethberry and I met again today at our Smial's moot. This time we have some pictures to show off!

I prepare to strike with canonicity

Canon makes Bethberry happy

Frodo crossing the River of Canon. Or maybe it's the Man in the Moon...

Some Rings involved. Fortunately, it didn't get to finger food, gollum gollum.

The Frodo in the last 2 pictures is the Smial mascot.

Somehow the discussion got to whether Turin is a good guy or a bad guy. Don't blame me. All I did was bring a copy of COH... No!!! I'm innocent!!!!!

But guess what: I actually found an ally! I'm not alone in the world who thinks Turin is awesome!

It was really really fun, and I wish we could stay together for longer. But there's Tolkien Reading Day comming up, so we hope to see each other again in about a month's time.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #1147
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ai! Ai! a Banana! A banana is come...

Old 02-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #1148
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Indeed. Banana terror spreads.

I-hate-it-when-Im-studying-and-a-Velociraptor-throws-bananas-on-me/251762552445
Old 02-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #1149
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I am surprised you played so nicely with the banana even though Bęthberry was there!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #1150
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Quote:
I am surprised you played so nicely with the banana even though Bęthberry was there!
Why, Agan, I am shocked, shocked I say.

Just because you and Mithalwen and Rune and Kath and Squatter engage in more European behaviours with bananas doesn't mean that we less sophisticated new worlders do. I'm sure I speak for Galadriel55 and all my smial when I say that we don't go in for beating folks with fruits--or our mascot.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #1151
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I was about to post a very witty funny retort that would shine of brilliant cleverness when I realised I don't have a clue whatever you mean by that, so I don't know what to retort to.

Edit: xed with Bethberry herself!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #1152
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I'm sure I speak for Galadriel55 and all my smial when I say that we don't go in for beating folks with fruits--or our mascot.
At least we don't attack unsuspecting passers-by!

*hides*
Old 02-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #1153
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:

Just because you and Mithalwen and Rune and Kath and Squatter engage in more European behaviours with bananas doesn't mean that we less sophisticated new worlders do.
*chokes on coffee, raises eyebrows, considers suit for defamation of character, mutters that not European but British, sniffs in the style of Lynda Snell, notes that sun well past yardarm and pours snifter. Sulks*

Old 02-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #1154
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Quote:
*chokes on coffee, raises eyebrows, considers suit for defamation of character, mutters that not European but British, sniffs in the style of Lynda Snell, notes that sun well past yardarm and pours snifter. Sulks*
Oh, I say, I have been negligent. I forgot that you Brits take your bananas with a, um, stiff upper, um, lip.

So sorry, old bean, but perhaps you will forgive me for providing a thoroughly legitimate reason to take recourse in that snifter. *looks appeasingly*
Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #1155
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well Rune wasn't there, and we only waxed the banana.... and I think you will find that is a South American practice....

Old 02-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #1156
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Well Rune wasn't there,
Yeah, but he's the one who asked someone to hit Hookbill with a banana in the first place.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #1157
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Well Rune wasn't there, and we only waxed the banana.... and I think you will find that is a South American practice....
And I have never met Hookbill or heard of that incident... so nothing to do with me guv..... sometimes a banana is just a banana.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #1158
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Although Bethberry did not meet at our smial's moot for Reading Day, I've met a Barrow Downer. Surprise surprise!

He used to participate in the Revised Silmarillion project a long time ago - so long that he doesn't remember his screen name. But it was so cool! I just meet a person, and they turn out to be a Downer!!!

I think Bb and I should make our smial convert to Downerism...
Old 05-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #1159
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Yet another smial moot - three Downers at once! Man, by next summer there'll be enough of us here to have a Torontomoot!

Bethberry, Jallanite, and myself were there (as well as Mith's envoy - thanks a million!). Bb has the pictures.

PS: with the three of us together and a banana in a place of honour, I think we've managed to convince some others to take a look at (and hopefully join) the Downs. (hint hint wink wink if you're reading this, Wellinghall Smial!)

Last edited by Galadriel55; 05-06-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #1160
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Yet another smial moot - three Downers at once! Man, by next summer there'll be enough of us here to have a Torontomoot!

Bethberry, Jallanite, and myself were there (as well as Mith's envoy - thanks a million!). Bb has the pictures.

PS: with the three of us together and a banana in a place of honour, I think we've managed to convince some others to take a look at (and hopefully join) the Downs. (hint hint wink wink if you're reading this, Wellinghall Smial!)
Yes, and if my new computer would accept direct downloads from my old camera and not force me to download to my old computer, and then to a memory stick, and then over to the new computer, I would have beaten Galadriel55 to the post.

Hoom, hum, though, let's not be hasty. Here's the evidence.

And, yes, that is Jallanite behind Gal. I'm behind the camera.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 05-07-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote