Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2006, 08:12 AM   #1001
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots aka Can't rep you yet.

*applause*

Here, here! Spot on! Splendidly done. Ole green eyes! And you've had less collusion with the dark side!
Old 04-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #1002
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Why thank you!

One important note to Rim (concerning your last post), Thena (on the save, to become a full-fledged post), and all others yet to post: Please remember to remove your signatures from story posts.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-04-2006, 02:37 AM   #1003
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Done. Nice song, Est.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:28 AM   #1004
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thanks to all who enjoyed the song parody!

I now have answers to my PMs from all writers who are still involved. Thena and Mith have put up saves; I will grant a few days extra so as to give them time to fill them. Lush will not be able to post due to college commitments. She has given me permission to wrap the story for her character.

I hope those saves get filled this week, so that I can write my final post(s) next week.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #1005
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Shades of Stella McCartney, Esty! Great segue to a conclusion for Leninia.

It had to be either that or the infamous Nancy Sinatra and her walking boots and I like this much better. Well done.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #1006
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
I just love you guys to pieces. I'm so sorry I've been away. Thank you so much for agreeing to shoulder Leninia on the home-stretch, Esty. I owe you a round of drink for that one.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:45 AM   #1007
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril Final call

I am now writing my final post. Saves should be filled in or deleted this week so that I can post then. No more delays, no more time given - we cross the finish line by the weekend.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #1008
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I should have my post up before SUnday morning (US time) Sorry for the repeated delays

[Edit]

I'm working on it! Really!! It should be up shortly!! Thanks for the patience!
Old 05-10-2006, 02:04 AM   #1009
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I have decided to divide my final chapter of the story into at least two posts for reading convenience. The first one goes up now.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:15 AM   #1010
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril The End

The final post of the game goes up now.

I have announced the end in advance so often, pushed - no, gently nudged! - everyone to post, and persevered so long that I can hardly believe it has finally happened.

Thena, Mith, I did not include your characters in my post, as I have no idea what your intentions are. I hope your saves will be filled soon enough so as not to be terribly anticlimactic. Should you wish me to write your character onto the ship for the journey back, let me know and I will edit accordingly.

Thanks once again to all of you for a wonderful experience and a fantastic story with what I consider the best writers on the Downs!
Old 05-11-2006, 06:49 AM   #1011
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Praise Us, Praise Us
Praise Us with Great Praise!!!

It certainly has been a long strange trip...it is kind of hard to believe how many years ago it was that Estelyn sent me a message inviting me to join the original REB.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:09 AM   #1012
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Almost 3 1/2 years ago, we began with The Revenge of the Entish Bow. If someone wants to do statistics, you are welcome to go back and check who posted on the two game threads - for now, I'm just basking in the fact that it's done!

It’s been three long years, and whaddaya get?
Another post written, but still no new rep.
BW don'tcha ban me, cause I can’t go –
I owe a save to the Entish Bow!
Old 05-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #1013
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Done at last, done at last, brothers and sisters, we're done at last!

(Except for Mith and Thena, those louts. )

Thanks Esty for starting these RPGs. They were much fun, even though we at times needed cattle prodding to post.

Like Kuru, I marvel at the many years we've spent on the two stories. I'm getting all nostalgic now for characters such as Halfullion and Earnur Etceteron (and his sarcastic horse and foul tempered sword) and others that left us long ago.

I still remember the very first thing I ever wrote for the Revenge of the Entish Bow. It was Vogonwë's "Ode to a Hair" poem. The rest of the post was written around that. I still think it was the "best" Vogy poem I ever managed.

It's been fun.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:17 PM   #1014
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Over? Did someone say "it's over"?? NOTHING is over until WE say it is!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Gateskeeper's final post is up. And with it ends a most wonderful adventure in writing and in good cameraderie. It has truly been a blast in every way, and I hope this isn't the last we hear of Merisu and Company. Please accept my apologies for all my delays. I wish I could thank you all in person for such fantastic interaction and all the laughs. <Bob Hope Mode=ON> Thanks for the memories...

Esty, I bow to you for your gutsy stick-to-it-iveness in shepherding this to completion. I ask only that you write Gatesy onto the return trip as you most kindly offered.

Now let's go find the Ent-domestic-partners...
Old 05-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #1015
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Pipe

This is so sad. The RPG has ended and I'm about to graduate.

Not all tears are an evil, right?

Old 05-13-2006, 03:51 AM   #1016
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Thanks for your great post, Thena! I very much enjoyed the computer references, coming full circle to the beginning of his story.

My final post is edited to include Gateskeeper on the ship.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:28 AM   #1017
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Saucy, thank you for the wonderfully funny postscript! It was such a lovely surprise to see one more post on the thread - though I'm relieved that it's finished, I do miss it...

Mith, are you still alive? Will that tantalizing "save" get filled anytime soon?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:53 AM   #1018
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
Saucy, thank you for the wonderfully funny postscript! It was such a lovely surprise to see one more post on the thread - though I'm relieved that it's finished, I do miss it...
It was always my intention to round off Mogul's "story-arc" (or, if you like, come full circle).

Of course, there is always the prospect of him finding another way to escape the Void (and, with only Sauerkraut/Colin for eternal company, there is more than enough impetus for him to do so). But that, as they say, is perhaps for another story ...

It ain't over, of course, until the Floridian loyer posts.

But, for now, suffice it to say that it has been an honour and a privilege to contribute to such a wonderful story, and in the company of such esteemed writers. And it's been tons o' fun too.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:15 PM   #1019
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Better late than never. By popular demand (and due to a Writ of Mandamus secured by one Saucepan Man), I have filled in my "Save". It can be found here

I truly enjoyed the perils and travails of the Entish Bow and writing with you all. So sorry for the delay.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #1020
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
It ain't over, of course, until the Floridian loyer posts.
I guess that means that it's well and truly over. But what a finish! Excellent post, Mith!
Old 03-17-2007, 04:16 AM   #1021
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Definitely better late than never, Mith - thanks for a great post! Your loyerly contributions have been vital to the shape this RPG has taken, and I greatly appreciate the time you took to finish off your participation on Part the Second. Should you ever wish to post on Part Three, you are very welcome!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #1022
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
For the time being, this discussion thread will be stashed safely in Elvenhome.

It may be resurrected upon request.

~*~ Pio