User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2004, 11:28 AM   #121
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Fool Of A Took has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Grimm was so tired. He thought he heard a voice outside but he was too tired to get up. Maybe it's Cree, and she might need help. I just can't ignore her. He rose up and walked to the door. He was right, Cree stood outside, but she didn't seem to be sick this time, actually, she smiled.

Grimm smiled to her, but still couldn't understand what was wrong now. Though this Inn was nice, it had only been problems here since he came. His mood sank, and he could picture Rohan in his mind. The open fields, the sun, all the horses. His mind came back to reality and he looked at Cree. "You feel better now?" He waited for Cree to say anything.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:36 PM   #122
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Linnahiril Tinnufinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Stories!" exclaimed Hanna excitedly. Others began to assemble into the next room. "Can I go listen to the stories, father? Please?"

"No, my dear," said Halfred. "Not until you've finished your supper." He anxiously took out his watch again. "Eight-thirty," he said, in an irritated voice. "They're really late, now."

The Hobbits had nearly finished their meals, and were comming to that stage the Hobbits of the Shire called "filling up the corners", when a familiar face came through the Inn door. He was a young Hobbit lad, around Asphodel's own age, and looking remarkably like her in appearence. He had nut-brown hair and eyes, and was of small stature, for he stood only three feet and three inches tall.

As he approached their table, Asphodel smiled as she remembered all the times they had been mistaken as brother and sister. But Tolman Brown was not her brother. He was her first cousin on her father's side.

Halfred, on his nephew's entrance, had stood up to greet him with a pleased look on his slightly wrikled face. But when he realized that Tolman was alone, his pleasure quickly turned to irritance.

"Where's Gormadoc?" he asked, though dreading the answer. "Where's Fastred and Pinto? Are they not comming too?"

"They're at my house," said Tolman, as he sat down next to Asphodel. "They came to pick me up to come and meet you, and my mother insisted on cooking for them."

Belladonna smiled, "I suppose they 'forgot' their dinner with Halfred at the Inn. Hilda Brown is, after all, the best cook in the Shire. Nice of you to come, though, Tolman. Humor your uncle."

"Confound my sister!" exclaimed Halfred. "I've paid a good deal for this feast, and no one is going to eat it."

"Why don't we take it home, father," said Asphodel. "Mother will not have to cook for two days at least."
Old 01-31-2004, 02:51 PM   #123
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

The tea kettle came round and his cup was filled once again. The hot liquid rushed down his throat, the heat of it seeming to tingle at his toes as he wriggled them in his boots. Blessed be the simple pleasures, he chuckled as he sat the now half empty again mug on the table.

It was Buttercup that brought his meal. A delightful lass with a generous smile and sparkling eyes. ‘My thanks, Mistress,’ he told her as she placed the platter of meat and taters before him. The peas and carrots winked at him from their buttery sauce, but he stayed his hand. Turning in his chair to the West, he closed his eyes, and fell into a moment of silence, his lips moving in some short, imperceptible phrase. Then, with a nod and a will, he tucked into his meal. And the savoriness of the simple offering before him was echoed by delight which shown on his face.

Mid-bite, he noted a curious fellow at the table next to him. Bold for Gentle-hobbit, he thought, as the older gentleman stared at him with his sharp eyes. Bird-like eyes. No, not a bird, but rather the bright considering eyes of a more acquisitive animal. The sharp face of a rat flitted through his mind. The Hobbit’s bright green vest and just-so, tidy white shirt could not hide the nature that lurked within, nor could the false charm that settled like a mask on his face. ‘Best not entangle in any deals with that one’, he thought. ‘A shrewd trader, I’m thinking,’ as he watched the man assess him with a calculating look. ‘And the scales would always tip to his side, by hook or crook.’

A quick motion at the periphery of his vision drew his attention back to the tree. The small shadow stood up from its crouch over the tree’s root, and now ascended once again. Alwin smiled, hoping the coin would bring the other what comfort cold metal could.

Buttercup had come round again, nodding at him in approval as he sopped up the last of the gravy with the final wedge of bread. ‘You’re too tall for a Hobbit, sir,’ she said, smiling wide at him. ‘But to be sure, you’ve got a Hobbit’s appetite!’ He laughed outright at her words, and she rejoined with a challenge. ‘Now, don’t prove me wrong, sir. We’ve apple pie and bread pudding. Which one can I bring you?’ Much to her delight, he did not disappoint her. He asked for a bowl of the pudding.

He was not disappointed when it arrived – sweet and tasty and studded with plump currants, like dark jewels on a field of white velvet. She brought a small pitcher of clotted cream, and poured a generous portion over the sugar-crusted top of it.

With a sigh of further pleasure to be encountered, he sank his spoon into the midst of it.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:29 AM   #124
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

"Thought you won't run away, Thor." Ferethor realised that Hirifilen had followed him. "Not again."

Ferethor whispered, under the shadow of the buzzing conversation in the common room, "If we are drawing blade, let's go outside."
Old 02-01-2004, 02:27 PM   #125
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Well," said Belladonna finally, throwing down her napkin and sighing satisfactorily, "If the rest of you folks are not interested, I'm going to take Hanna over by the fire in the other room to hear some stories."

"Stories! Stories!" cried Hanna excitedly. "Can I, father? Can I? Aunt Bella will take me."

"Oh, alright," said Halfred, though he seemed reluctant. Belladonna stood up and took Hanna's hand, who was jumping up and down in her excitment. She lead her niece nimbly through the maze of strange creatures and wooden chairs and tables, into the next room and out of sight. Asphodel smiled. Her sister loved stories, especially the ones about the adventures of Frodo Baggins the Hobbit who went on an journey to destroy a magic ring. Featured prominently in these tales also were three Hobbits of the Shire: Mayor Samwise Gamgee, Master Meriadoc Brandybuck of Buckland, and Master Peregrin Took, son of Thain Paladin Took. Asphodel often wondered if they had all really done the things that the tales said they had done. Indeed, they were strange Hobbits; Master Mariadoc and Master Peregrin were extremely tall, and were often gone from the Shire for many months at a time. Where they went or what they did, nobody knew, but there was no doubt about their strangeness.

"Before we put this food into sacks to take home," said Halfred from across the table, who had again lit his long wooden pipe and was smoking with relish, "I think you should have a bit of supper, Tolman. The meat is cold by now, surely, but no one ever minded a bit of cold meat." He began to fill and empty plate with food, but Toman shook his head.

"Thank you, uncle," he said respectfully, "but I'm not hungry at the moment."

Halfred gave him a sour look. "Did my confounded sister stuff you with bread, too? Why doesn't she just feed all the Hobbits in the Shire?"

"Indeed, Uncle Halfred, my mother did try to make me eat, but I wasn't hungry then, either."

"Not hungry?" said Halfred, amazed. "Why, I've never heard of such a thing. I know you've just turned thirty-three, but you're a young lad still, my boy. We could squeeze some height out of you yet. You're mighty scrawny for a young man. I may not be tall, but I've got meat on my bones, well enough."

"Thank you, sir," said the gentlemanly Tolman, "but I really am quite content."

"As you please, then," said Halfred, as he began wrapping up the meal in brown paper and putting it in a cloth sack. "But I've half a mind to talk to my sister about you. One would think she was starving you half to death!"
Old 02-01-2004, 06:51 PM   #126
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Sting

Tobias Hornblower’s nose was twitching, very akin to that of a rodent sniffing. For someone watching this strange motion, that person would have a hard time trying to categorize the facial contortion. Some would have said it was an interrogative movement, designed to absorb a sensation in the air, while others might’ve said it was more an expression of supreme dislike. Either way, it wasn’t an aesthetically pleasing process to watch. The elder hobbit got slowly to his feet, as if the task was twice as strenuous as it actually was.

In an instant, he was gone from the sight of those around him. He scurried through the flickering shadows cast gently against weary inn walls and flitted like a part of the warm darkness around the tables and chairs. Once he’d reached the other end of the room, he was richer by two bread loaves and several ripe tomatoes. If someone had been clumsy enough to let the victuals slip from sight, that someone probably didn’t value them highly. Toby lifted one piece of bread, tossed it up in the air, admiring his handiwork, and took a large bite out of it, savoring every taste sensation. He popped the half-eaten loaf into the innards of his waistcoat and began pacing merrily across the large room, quietly congratulating himself on the new supply he’d gained.

No one ever noticed the loss of a single coin there, a ripe fruit there. Tobias was adept at whisking away unneeded things from those who weren’t looking. He actually prided himself on it, since no one else had ever discovered this habit of his. Even his family in Longbottom was oblivious to the fact. Over the years, Toby Hornblower had accumulated a great many items to add to his collection. He was by no means a kleptomaniac, even though he did enjoy a challenge every now and then. He only stole when he felt it necessary, or he had a good reason. He'd pilfered one or two non-necessities, but only to present as gifts for family or friends...on most occasions.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:53 PM February 01, 2004: Message edited by: Kransha ]

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 02-01-2004, 07:25 PM   #127
Crystal

Sting

She sat alone at a table in the corner of The Green Dragon Inn, watching the people entering and leaving. She was wearing a black hooded cloak, and the only thing that could be seen were her icy blue eyes. She smiled beneath her hood, as she watched someone else walk in. She had a sudden urge to unsheath her sword, or perhaps even cast some kind of spell upon the newcomer. She instantly didn't like him. There was something about him that filled her with hatred. She almost wish that he would come over to her, that he would try to start some kind of trouble. She figured he was the type to start trouble for absolutley no reason at all. She could tell it by the look of him. She watched him as he walked toward her.

"Hello," he said to her, "Mind if i sit here?"

She smiled sweetly beneath her hood and said, "of course i don't mind, why would i?"
But the hatred continued to flood her. She could tell that he had did many horrible things in his life.

"What's your name?" he asked her, after ordering a drink.

"My name is Evita" she said, rubbing her hand longingly on the handle of her sword, "And you are?"

"I am Juggernaut," He said, "you seem familar to me,"

Evita smiled. She knew his name well, and she knew why she seemed so familar to him.

Old 02-01-2004, 07:36 PM   #128
SonOfBombadil
Animated Skeleton

Location: In a place that is not a place, in a time that never was.
SonOfBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"Don't be sorry Ravon, I also do not want to end this conversation. But it is dark out now, and if we do not get our rest now, then we'll not make very good company tomorrow." Lewis said with a smile.

He continued, "Shall we go and see if there are any rooms left?" Lewis stood up and offered his hand to Ravon. He looked at her and noticed that she looked tired, yet she was still just as beautiful when tired.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:47 PM   #129
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Sting

The old and shrewd hobbit made his way back into the dank corners. Soothing firelight cast eerie shadows onto furnished wood that stood on the walls beside Toby. He walked briskly through the shade behind several tables and toward the corner of the room. He saw a small table with two shady figures at it. He smiled as warmly as it was possible for a cold and calculating hobbit as himself could and walked over to it.

He looked for an instant at the hooded figure, who now sat beside another dark silhouette that could be barely seen in the dim but warm light coming from behind him. He came nearer and spoke, hoping to strike up a little conversation before gaining a few more trinkets. Newcomers were always easiest, never wary enough of their valuables or purses. That was the simplest way to go about his kleptomaniac pursuits, since foreigners never suspected or had the courage to make accusations. No one ever pointed fingers at a wealthy and dignified gentlehobbit such as himself, fearing prosecution or even social ostricism.

“Excuse me, madam,” he said pleasantly, though his eyes glinted a little too much to be pleasant, “Would you mind terribly if I sat down here? I fear my weary legs need rest and I would very much desire some friendly conversation." He blinked warmly, projecting the familiar mask of friendliness he had assumed with everyone else he met. He knew that most people saw through this mask, but that didn't matter to him. Of course, he didn’t wait for the woman to answer before pulling up a chair and making himself comfortable. He didn’t expect a stranger to mind his rudeness. He could see very little of the woman but a pair of glowing blue embers beneath her hood. He suspected that those were eyes, though he couldn’t tell.

“So,” he continued, “I haven’t seen you around. What’s your name?”

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:50 PM February 01, 2004: Message edited by: Kransha ]

Old 02-02-2004, 12:46 AM   #130
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420!

Aldwine's story

There was a child named Elendír, born in the wilderness of Arnor during the late Third Age. His earliest memory was listening to his mother tell of the wondrous tales of the Elder Days, and of the glory of Elenna. Suddenly his heart yearned for more stories of old, and he went to the house of Elrond, in fair Rivendell, to learn more of the ancient lore of Elves and Men. As he grew older he heard of other races of Men; of the Beornings, the Bardings, and of the Men of Bree; and wondered what tales of silliness or sadness might those people tell. So, he journeyed far and wide, listening to tales of other lands, and he was glad.

--------------------

Aldwine paused to think. After a while, he said:

"Do you know where Elendír is now?"

Hawthorne looked up to the old man, seeing joy gleaming in his eyes, and she knew the answer.

"That was your tale. You are Elendír."

Aldwine clapped his hands, and said, "Yes, that was my tale. Now, since I'm done, I'll drink some of this fragrant tea, while you tell me a tale of the Shire."
Old 02-02-2004, 02:03 AM   #131
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Erenir watched the Elbereth's stars sparkle in the shadow of night from the window of Green Dragon, sipping water. 'Silver flow the glimmering waters of Anduin, and golden elanors even besprangles the shore of shire.' Erenir said, her thought straying back to the days of her youth, when she frolicked among the elanors and nimbrethils in the fields of Calanedhron, also named Rohan.

She could hear snatchs stories being told among the people - "Farewell, O twice beloved! A Turin turamber turun ambarten. Master of Doom by Doom mastered - O happy to be dead! Nienor Niniel daughter of Hurin cried out, and cast herself into the.." The tale of the children of Hurin, Erenir realised. Holbytlan children gathered around the man, who was telling that sad story. A little golden-haired holbytlan lass climbed onto his knee - he seemed to be a familiar presence in this inn. Interested, she leaned closer.

"It is said that Hurin wandered until he cast himself to the sea in despair. So ended Hurin, the mightest of mortal warriors of men. Thus became the curse of Morgoth Bauglir fulfilled, and all the doom full-wrought." The hobbit lads sniffed, and one lass burst into tears and hung onto his leg. "Poor Hurin!"

"Wait, Pansy, the tale is not finished." The man laughed, stroking her hair. "But the Valar took pity on the children of Hurin, and they forgot their sorrow in entering into the living fire, and they would ride with the host of Valar when Melkor would be unchained at the end of the world."

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:33 AM February 02, 2004: Message edited by: Eorl of Rohan ]
Old 02-02-2004, 05:33 AM   #132
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elkamia sat in a corner near the fire now, her keen elven ears listening to the stories that were being told. She had seen the hobbit whisking away food and coins from under the noses of others. It was none of her business, unless he tried to prey upon her. She would say nothing.

It was comfortable here, but she was still troubled by the figure in the tree. Again, it was none of her business, but she couldn't help but wonder. Why? Why, when the Inn here was comfotable and with kind figures always with a smile? She should retire to her room soon, it was a long journey ahead of her tomorrow.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:41 AM   #133
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Crystal smiled at Angry.

"Yes I still need a place to stay, Mr.Brandybuck," Crystal said as she continued to smile.

He was still holding her hand and Crystal certainly didn't mind. It felt natural and normal and there was a connection that had been made. A connection that flowed through him and into her.

With her other hand she unclasped the other necklace that Angry hadn't seen. She pulled it up and hid it in her hand. She took his other hand and put it in his palm.

The necklace was just a simple jewel that her mother had found when she was a teenaged girl. It was beautiful and very special to Crystal.

"I want you to have this, Mr.Brandybuck. Cree did tell you my message right?"
Old 02-02-2004, 07:37 AM   #134
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Sting

"Yes I feel so much better now. Though my side seems to still hurt me a bit. But other than that I do feel better. I know you were trying to get some sleep. Do you believe I can talk to you for a little while?" Cree could tell that he was tired. "I shouldn't have come. I'm sorry."

Cree began to walk away but stopped. "I would love to talk to you before I leave tomorrow. Since I don't know when that will be I was hoping to get to talk to you tonight. I know you must be so tired, but please." Cree was beginning to remember her home. Always she wasn't allowed to talk to her father after he went to bed. It was always a bad thing for her to disturb him.

"Please?" She felt like a child again. But her childhood was always short lived.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:49 AM   #135
Angel_Queen
Animated Skeleton

Angel_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

She felt so tired. Even though she had only arrived that day it seemed almost like years had passed. "Indeed you are right. We should see if we can find the innkeeper." She looked around. "I believe there she is."

Ravon got up and walked to the bar. "Excuse me are you the innkeeper?" She looked at the woman. "We would like a room." She could tell that the innkeeper was tired. Perhaps there are so many visitors that there is only one room available. If I'm lucky there will be two rooms atleast.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:37 AM   #136
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Angry Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Angry looked at the jewel Crystal had thrust into his hand and wept. Wept with joy about having finally found someone. Wept with sadness at knowing that his parents would never accept her. Wept because he knew that she felt the same as he did for her. Wept because, deep down, he knew, or felt he knew, that it could never work.

No, he mustn't think like that. If they tried they could work around things like his parents, and gossippy hobbit-wives. If they loved each other, and they did, they could conquer all. Do not cry! he told himself.

He rose, dried his eyes with the back of his hand and said to Crystal
"Come on Crystal dearest, we're going home"
Old 02-02-2004, 11:28 AM   #137
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Crystal smiled, as tears swelled in her eyes. He loved her, that she knew more then anything else in the world.

She pulled herself up off of the bed and continued to hold Angry's hand. She stumbled as she lost her balance. He helped her to her feet and he braced his arm across her back.

"I love you Angry." Crystal said shly.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:45 PM   #138
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Asphodel watched her father smoke his pipe. It was not the most interesting thing to observe, but it was really all she had to do. Her cousin Tolman, who sat next to her, seemed indisposed for conversation. He turned his head this way and that, watching and taking in all that was around him. He was certainly a curious young lad.

Asphodel sighed and put her head and her arms upon the table. She hoped that her father would take her home soon, for it would be a long walk back to their farm. She considered joining her sister and aunt in the other room to listen to stories, but decided against it. She was not much in the mood for tale-telling. Asphodel had just given up hope of finding anything to do, when she was suddenly startled by a deep booming voice that came from behind her.

"Well, if it isn't Halfred Hamfast!" it said. Asphodel jerked her head up just in time to see one of her father's friends pull up a chair and sit next to him. It was not Pinto Goldburrow, Fastred Longfellow, or Gormadoc Chubb; none of the three that had been supposed to meet them. Instead it was Sigismond Proudfoot.

"Good evening, Miss Hamfast and Mr. Brown," said the man, inclining his head towards Asphodel and Tolman. "I just thought I'd come and have myself an ale at the Dragon, and what do I know but I find myself in the company of good friends. I'm as lucky a Hobbit as can be, I am. I didn't expect nothing, just to come and have myself an ale all by my lonesome. But then I come in the door and there you all was, just sitting and being merry, like any good folk would do."

Of all Halfred's friends, Asphodel liked Sigismond Proudfoot the least. He was a bit inclined to talk way to much about nothing in particular. His appearence, also, was a bit unseemly. Sigismond was an old bachelor who lived in Bywater but a five minutes' walk from the Green Dragon, and was a worker at the local watermill. There had been a rumor there-abouts that Sigismond Proudfoot had been decended from a hairy pig. It was a very silly rumor indeed, but Asphodel thought that it must not be far from the truth. As in the tradition of all the Proudfoots before, Sigismond had enormously large and incredibly furry feet. He was not very tall, though taller than Halfred, and he had a large belly and thick limbs, and a large mane of dark, tangled hair. He probably had much Stoorish blood in him.

Asphodel found Tolman, as Sigismond was engaged with her father, leaning over to her and whispering in her ear, "My mother could probably knit mittens out of the hair on his feet." Asphodel quickly concealed a smile.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:50 PM February 02, 2004: Message edited by: Linnahiril Tinnufinwen ]
Old 02-02-2004, 01:00 PM   #139
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Pipe

Grimm was so tired and he tried to hide his gasp. Cree looked at him with a sadness in her gaze, and Grimm felt really sorry for her. "Of course we can talk now", he said and smiled, "though I am tired". She smiled to him. "Is it very important?" Grimm asked. Cree nodded and now seemed very serious. They went into Grimms room and sat down in front of the small fireplace.

Grimm leaned back in the chair took up his pipe and lighted it. Cree sat straight-backed in the chair with a little bit expression. Have something happened? He really wanted to ask that, but he awaited Cree to say anything instead. It was quiet and Cree squirmed in her chair. Now Grimm couldn't hold back his question. "Have something happened?" he said and heard that his question sounded dumb.

Cree looked down and seemed to avoid Grimm's gaze. Grimm didn't know what to do, nor say. He awaited Cree to say anything.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:55 PM   #140
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hama chuckled as Crystal stood up, a rare grin spread across his face as he opened his eyes and stood up from his chair. "It is most charming, young hobbit, that you should seek to take this lady to your hole, or whatever it is you call them, but she should stay here. She will be safer here." Crystal looked as quizzical as she could and said "What?"...

"You should have known, Crystal heart, daughter of Dorian, as indeed should I, that your father will has many spies in every corner of Middle-Earth searching for you. Sadly I did not realise this up until now. He wants you back more than anything, Crystal. Not to embrace, not to love, but to punish.", he looked sad again. almost as if what he was about to say was a physical burden to him.

"A rider left not an hour ago...he was from Rohan and bore the crest of your father. I do not know for certain what this means, but I fear thw worst..."
Old 02-02-2004, 03:21 PM   #141
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Sting

"I realized that I am leaving tomorrow. I really don't want to leave you here.Plus I don't know about leaving anymore. I've found someone who makes me happy." Cree looked up from the floor. A smiled had formed on her face. Cree could tell that Grimm was tired. "I know you must really be tired.I know that I really shouldn't have waken you.For that I'm sorry." Cree felt her side begin to hurt again. She stood up but imediately fell back down.

"My side." Cree placed her hand on the right side of her stomach. "Its hurting again." She could feel the pain in her skull. She could tell that if she moved too much it may begin to bleed again. She sat back down to try to ease the pain.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:46 PM February 02, 2004: Message edited by: Witch_Queen ]
Old 02-02-2004, 04:51 PM   #142
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Sting

Tobias got up, not waiting for an answer from the two people sitting idly at the table. He at first thought that they had not heard him, but he decided that it was in his best interests not to continue the conversation. Toby was a cold and unsettling hobbit, but these two were even more eerie, not responding and staring out at him, the one from under her hood with disturbing orbs of ice that stung Tobias with their cold nature. He decided to find warmer conversation, literally. The room hosted many folk of varying size, age, and kind, so Toby would not have trouble finding some other hapless victims of his harmless sport.

He headed forward, ambling across the large and comfortably arranged room towards more strangers. He didn’t know how acute southern men were, but he would soon find out. Toby Hornblower figured he could slip the purse out of anyone’s full pocket, even that of the horse-folk, who these two seemed to be. There were two women near them also, but Toby did not address her, learning at least some tact from his last encounter.

He’d heard names bandied around, so he addressed them with those as best he knew. He first spoke to the ones who were apparently called Hama and Grimm, which was all he knew of the Rohirric men, who were speaking currently to a woman of similar gait. They bore the familiar markings of the horse-kingdom, the Riddermark as it was called. Honestly, Toby despised foreigners from such a place, but he needed conversation to mask his purpose. Even though he knew the names of these folk, he didn’t speak them, for fear of seeming to bold, which he was. As soon as a second of mental preparation had passed, he spoke up.

“Good sirs,” he said to the man, “I haven‘t seen you around here often and you look to be of distant parts. I am a simple hobbit in need of good conversation and I would very much like to know your names.” After a moment he added, “If you please,” for good measure. He had on his familiar inbred smile, a mixture of assessment and pleasantry which didn’t look as pleasant as Toby hoped it looked.

He made sure to address both men in a sense. His question was not directed at either specifically, so either could answer. Once he’d struck up conversation, he could get on with his necessary business with more assurance of their nature and that they would not suspect a little loss of goods or funds.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:36 PM February 02, 2004: Message edited by: Kransha ]

Old 02-02-2004, 05:25 PM   #143
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Crystal stopped at Hama's information.

"A rider from Rohan here? Why would ever suspect the Shire? I never desired this place before, I never loved it. Why would my father send a rider here? I sent my trail away from the Shire heading towards Gondor," Crystal said angrily. Her head began to spin and she sat back down. She began to cry.

"Why [deleted by moderator]can't I get away from him?" Crystal asked herself as she cried.

He haunted her in her dreams and in her waking hours. The thought of him finding her made her dread and fear. She hadn't slept soundly in so long.

"I'm sorry Angry. You'll be in danger if my father finds out that you are helping me."

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:50 PM February 02, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-02-2004, 07:45 PM   #144
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Hawthorne

A tale of the Shire?....

Hawthorne boldly leapt up from her chair, "You have told me a fine tale, Master Aldwine, and I will share one as well, although I am not a storyteller by nature." The lass reflected a moment and leaned over, whispering conspiratorially. "This is not a tale of the Shire, but of my family the Brandybucks who hail from Buckland. Bucklanders are not quite so calm or settled as those living in the Shire; their burrows are close to the great trees of the Old Forest, whose spirits sometimes stir and whisper odd things. But this tale goes back many years, long before my folk arrived in Buckland or even in the Marish."

As Hawthorne spoke, the nighttime shadows crept over the Inn. A number of lanterns flickered out, and the fire in the hearth burned low as soft flames died and turned to silver ash. Hawthorne nodded towards the storyteller, "You mustn't write this down. Only keep it in your head. If you promise to do that, I will tell you about the founder of our clan. My last name is ‘Brandybuck’, but long ago, our family was known as ‘Oldbuck’ and before that 'Zaragamba'."

Once Master Aldwine agreed to Hawthorne’s request, the Hobbit continued with her story, “Granny once told me, and later on Master Merry, that our family was founded by a pair of hobbits called Camelia and Merimac Zaragamba who lived in a settlement long forgotten near the banks of the Anduin. I begged Granny for stories of Mistress Cami, and she would tell them sitting before the hearth at Brandy Hall with all the children gathered round. But always she reminded us that some of Cami’s stories remained concealed in honeyed mists and even those we remembered contained mysteries that could not be understood till the end of time. That is why we never set these tales down on paper, and Cami does not appear in any of our genealogies, even though a few of us in Buckland remember her, if only as a legend. The name 'Cami Goodchild' even pops up now and again. I even had a young nanny who went by the same."

Hawthorne grabbed her satchel and reached inside, drawing out a bronzed hand mirror and passing it into Aldwine's hands. It was a sweet thing, a lady’s mirror that seemed very old. Part of its surface was rubbed clean and smooth from the gentle touch of many hands over endless years. Further up on the back of the mirror, Aldwine could see the remnents of a faint design of twining leaves and flowers surrounded by Elvish runes. He had trouble making out the letters. It was definitely Elvish, but not the common Sindarin script. He looked at the words intently but could not untangle their meaning.

“This is lovely,” he sighed, tracing his fingers over the fading design and admiring the craftsmanship before handing the mirror back to Hawthorne.

“Yes,” she smiled. “I think so too. Granny said that Cami’s closest friend was an Elf and that she cherished that friendship for all her life. Her friend gave her this mirror as a gift. Perhaps that's hard to imagine since the fair folk usually hold themselves apart from the likes of us Hobbits. But Mistress Cami was different.”

“Granny said that Cami had her fair share of happiness and sorrow in life, but time and duty carried her far from many whom she loved. And the Elf was one of these. Still, she never forgot her old friend in good times or bad. And although she did not speak of it to others except perhaps her husband, she grieved for the loss.”

“One day...it was right after Merimac's death. Her husband had been killed leading an attack against the Orcs. He’d saved their village and all the settlements along the river. Their eldest son Gamba, always restless and uneasy, was now made more so with the loss of his father. One day, he packed up his belongings, journeyed to the northern mountains, and made a new home there. He brought two of his four brothers with him and married a mountain lass.”

“Cami had a hard time accepting the fact that death and choice had broken up her family. Years before, she and Merimac had taken in the lads out of love; Cami had been the only mother they had known. The boys had not been easy to raise, especially the eldest, but she had tried her hardest and muddled through the best she could as many of us do. The departure of her three sons coming on top of Merimac’s death came near to breaking her spirit. For a while, Cami even turned away from her other children. She was despondent, constantly doubting whether she’d taken the right path in life, and wondering if she should have done things differently.”

“Burdened down with grief, the Hobbit took the mirror in her hand and stared into its depths, pondering all that she had lost. I do not pretend to understand this, but Granny said that Cami saw an image of her friend, as if the Elf actually sat in the same room with her. Then, Cami caught glimpses of the Elf and her husband flashing by in rapid succession. At the end came an image of sorrow and hope. The Elf pensively read a journal that had once belonged to her friend, while her three children played nearby on the rug. There were twins Cami had already met but with them was one new daughter, a loving but stubborn toddler who'd been given the name of 'Cami'."

"Cami wept again; only this time there were tears of healing. She understood that nothing had been lost, only tucked away in another place, and she felt at peace with herself. Perhaps someday she would meet her friend again, since the Elf had chosen a mortal husband and life. And so too it might be with her own husband and missing sons. And every time thereafter, when things seemed very hard, she took up the mirror and looked into it, sometimes seeing a shadowy image of her friend."

“Is the tale true, do you think?” Aldwine whispered.

“I believe it to be true. I have heard this mirror came from the City of Gondolin. The Elves of that time and place knew many things lost to us. And there are other strange stories told of Cami, how she had visions and dreams that were later proven true. But that is not all...”

The small hobbit stopped and looked down, hesitant to say more. Only when Aldwine gently prodded her did she continue. “One day not long ago, I journeyed through the forests of Buckland, a part of the woods that lies near the Withywindle, a truly strange place. And I took the mirror with me, for I had a decision to make and I did not know what to do. My Uncle Merry and his new wife had brought me along on the trip, but they had gone out to gather mushrooms and shoot some game. Sitting alone in the camp, I drew out the mirror and stared into it.”

She glanced sideways at Aldwine and lowered her voice. “I swear that I saw in its bronze pool not one image but two. First that of an Elf, not the sad and moping kind one sometimes sees in the Inn, but a woman who was bright eyed and commanding. Then, I saw a second figure, this one plump with a mop of curly hair that had grey and brown streaks. It was a hobbit laughing, who fit the description of Cami that Granny had given to me. The faces were gone so quickly. I have only the vaguest memory of the Elf, but the image of the hobbit stuck in my head.”

Hawthorne looked embarrassed, “Sometimes I talk to her image in my head, although she does not answer. But that moment in the woods, I decided to go out on the road as Cami had done, and that is why I have come to Hobbiton and perhaps will go to other places as well.”

Aldwine looked over interested, “Have you tried to find the Elf? In books of lore? Or perhaps her kin are still alive today?”

Hawthorne shook her head, “No, I do not even know her name. And I would not have the courage to approach an Elf to ask, even here at the Inn. I shall have to be content with my dream pictures. I have seen nothing more in the mirror, but I keep it close by. Just in case.”

She glanced at him imploringly, “Please keep this tale to yourself, for I fear that some Hobbits would call me fey. I would rather not have others know that this strange vision is one of the reasons I have decided to set out from my home. But for now, I will bid you goodnight for I have a special project planned for the morning.”

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:18 AM February 03, 2004: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 02-02-2004, 08:09 PM   #145
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420!

As soon as Hawthorne Brandybuck had left, Aldwine began to close his eyes. To all else he would look asleep(in fact, once in Harad, someone had attempted to rob him while in this state. I should say that the thief was quite disappointed), but his mind began to work fully, recalling the tale Hawthorne had told him. He had promised not to write it down, but it was now fully committed to his memory. It was one of the best stories he had heard in all his travel. I made a good decision of staying here in the Shire. he thought, a slight smile forming on his lips.

He had quite a few of those stories: An ancient heirloom, a magical relic from another time, which links the past and the future, and forms bonds between otherwise sundered beings. Maybe that's why I loved those stories. The old man rose from his reverie, and drank the last of his tea.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:28 PM   #146
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The man suddenly called to Erenir cheerfully. "A wonderful storytelling eve, lass. Would you also like to tell a story from your native lands?" The little girl, who the man had called Pansy, affectionally tugged at her clothing. "Please do!"

Erenir, who couldn't resist the charm of these children, drew closer and said, "How about the story of Tinuviel?" A lad piped up, "But Arenion just told us that story!"
Old 02-03-2004, 08:52 AM   #147
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

It was getting to dark for Aduthondiel to see. "Lights, finally." She sighed with relief. She pulled the hood of her cloak down to let her black hair fall into place. The elf woman was finally happy to find life after all. To think we thought we wouldn't see anyone ever again. She reached down and began to stroke the mane of her horse.

She tied the horse to the nearest tree she could find. She could tell that she no longer needed her thick clothes. Aduthondiel made sure that her sword was hidden in her cloak before she continued walking towards the light. "Hmmmm. The Green Dragon Inn. Sounds welcoming. " It was easy to tell where she came from. The cloak of Eryn Lasgalen was easy to see.

She opened the door and walked in. Suddenly she had to squint her eyes. The darkness outside made it difficult for her to adjust to the light. Aduthondiel looked around and noticed that there was a group of people gathered around a young child who appeared to be telling a story of some sort.

She walked over to the fire and sat down in one of the chairs. She noticed that there was a commotion going on. Now to find Crystal. She walked up to a woman. "Excuse me has a woman by the name of Crystal been here."
"She's up there." Aduthondiel turned to go to where the woman had said. She looked down the hall and saw many doors.
This is where the woman said she was. Aduthondiel knocked on the door. "Crystal are you in there?" She thought she heard footsteps so she pulled the hood over her head to help hide her face.

Aduthondiel had a cut down her right cheek which was healing well. She stood there waiting for the door to open. Surely this is her room.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:43 AM   #148
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Grimm didn't know what to do, neither say. Isn't she going to leave tomorrow anyway? Grimm's head was full of questions. He was confused. He looked at Cree and tried to find something out to say. He fingered on his necklace that he got from his father before he died. The pendant on the necklace was a golden horse. He loved that necklace, and it had always bringed him fortune. As he got reminded of his father, his whole childhood came back to him. His father had always been a good man. He had loved his father more than anything. He remembered that he grieved much when he died. His mind came back to reality and he found that Cree was almost asleep. Grimm felt tired too. He gasped and shook Cree's shoulder. Cree just mumbled something and turned her head. Grimm shook her again and this time she woke up. She opened her eyes slowly. She smiled at Grimm and Grimm smiled too. Grimm could see that she still was hurt in her side. "Are you sure you are alright?" he asked with a concerned look in his face. She nodded and sat up in the chair. "I can see you are tired." he said with a smile, but still he was worried about her side. "Can I see your side" he said and rose up. The wound looked like a big scar. "I think you should see someone who has medical knowledge and get cured of that wound" he said. He sat down again and took a drag of his pipe made in sturdy oak. Old Toby, the best pipeweed ever!

"So, are you not leaving tomorrow?" he asked. He didn't want to stand between her and her father. He squirmed in his chair and Cree looked down in the floor again and looked embarresed. Grimm thought that he maybe shouldn't have asked that. He gasped and tried to stay awake. Cree still didn't stay anything and it became silenced in the room. Grimm sighed and took another drag. I am so worried about her. Who knows what can happen if she get hurt and don't get any help!? Grimm didn't want anything to happen to Cree. He couldn't take more death. He had seen enough of it. He awaited Cree to say anythin.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:00 AM   #149
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

" I want to go, but it seems as if someone or something isn't wanting to go. I'm not sure any more of what I want to do. Even if I do find him he won't be like a father to me ever." Cree could tell easily that Grimm was trying to stay awake.

She didn't want to leave now. She had a friend here. Someone she could talk to. She stared at the floor. The wood was in good condition. She was beginning to remember her childhood and how she was pushed to the side. But everything had changed she was no longer thought of as a nuisance. She was more.

"Did your father give that to you?" She knew that she shouldn't have said it. Curiousity had began to overwelm her. She moved the chair closer to Grimm. "It is beautiful in its own way."

So much sorrow in him that I don't see how he can be so caring. I wonder so much.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:14 AM   #150
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Sting

Toby grumbled quietly, as it seemed he’d been overlooked yet again. This was a hobbit’s inn, (even though a woman owned it) and men had no business ignoring any self-respecting gentlehobbit. Still grumbling and sniffing the air with his rodent-reminiscent nose, Tobias Hornblower trotted over to the man called Grimm, who’d just sat down and was currently smoking. The aroma of the weed, conveniently his namesake, did entice the elder Halfling, but he continued his inward belligerence. Beside him was the lady, whose name was Cree apparently. Instead of addressing the man, he spoke to the woman instead. He walked over to her briskly.

“Madam,” He said to Cree, repeating his question, “I haven’t seen you or your kin on the Green Dragon’s grounds of late. Perhaps you are new here, a wanderer or traveler? In any case, I would very much like to know your name and hopefully engage a noble lady such as yourself in civilized conversation.” Even though he knew the name, the woman didn’t know he did, “You see, it had been a long time since there was anyone sensible in this place to talk to and I have a great yearning for some friendly discourse with more friendly folk than the rough-hewn boars who often carouse here." He was, of course, making all this up as he went along. He had quite a flourish for exaggerated fiction.

There, again was the smile, dripping with false pleasantry. He spoke up so that the woman could hear him well enough, though his voice was almost drowned out by milling noises that overflowed the warm room. His thrifty face brightened in the firelight and his aged eyebrows rose, waiting for a response. The hobbit fervently hoped that folk of the south weren’t as clever as he’d heard they were, but since Eriador seemed to be brimming with them, he would have to learn sooner or later if he wanted to continue his fruitful hobby.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:18 PM February 03, 2004: Message edited by: Kransha ]

Old 02-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #151
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Grimm looked down at his pendant. He smiled and said "Yes, my father gave it to me before he died. He died just a week before the Batlle of Helms Deep." Grimm drew a deep sigh and he could feel a tear falling down his cheek. So much sorrow and grieve. I don't know how to handle. Grimm sniffed and tried to pull himself together. "He then told me, that if I wore this in the battle, I would survive. The old man was right." he said and smiled to Cree. Grimm didn't where his father got it. All he knew was that it was made in pure gold. And the necklace too.

Now, after twelve years all the sorrow in him came out in tears. Cree looked like she didn't know what to do. Grimm felt terrible. He had no family or any relatives left. They had all been slain in warfare and dying of age and sickness. He stopped crying and looked up at Cree. Finally a friend that I can trust and talk with. I haven't been talking to anyone for years. He sniffed and said to Cree "I am so sorry. But I have so much sorrow in my heart, and I just had to let it out." Cree nodded as if she understood. "Now let's talk about something else." he said and tried to force himself to smile.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:02 PM   #152
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Sting

Toby coughed loudly, not a natural cough. He wanted the attention now. He admitted to himself that he seemed very much like an arrogant attention-grabbing fool, but he had a personal maxim that stated simply, ‘Never rob someone you don’t know.’ It was an odd maxim, but he stuck to it, always getting to know his victims.

“Sir and Madam!” he said to the man called Grimm and the woman called Cree, “Perhaps you did not hear my question the first few times it was asked. I would very much like to know your names and possibly strike up a dialogue or pleasant discourse. I grow weary of oafish banter that fills this place and desire some civility. Perhaps you could be of help, if you please.” He kept the fake smile plastered on his wizened face.

He spoke up much louder, his gruff voice peeking over the din. He didn’t like being ignored, since he rarely was. People often knew him wherever he went, but not here in the Green Dragon. He had a bit of celebrity aura in Longbottom, because of his routes in the Hornblower family. The Hornblowers were, after all, the most respectable hobbit line in the Southfarthing of the Shire. Here he was just as new here as these two southern folk, but he pretended not to, and very convincingly. He waited eagerly for response from either.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:05 PM February 03, 2004: Message edited by: Kransha ]

Old 02-03-2004, 02:57 PM   #153
Will Witfoot
Haunting Spirit

Will Witfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Fungrim woke from his reverie and turned his gaze to the largest of the nightly skys stars. Eärendil he believed it was called, and he had heard elven stories of old that claimed it to be a magnificent jewel worn on the brow of the greatest mariner the world had known, a sea-man who now sailed the skies in a silver ship that was allowed to fly by the might of the Lords of the West. Looking up at it in a quiet night near the sea, he could all too easily believe the old legend. A most magnificent sight, certainly.

He stood up and realised that he must have sat there for hours now, and decided that he had wasted quite enough time on mopping. Feeling hunger gnaw at his belly he headed for the common room, hoping to catch a late dinner and perhaps some company. He should make the most out of his stay in the more habitated parts.

He sat down to a table that was close to the cozzy fire, glad of the comforting warmth. A couple of words and coins later a hobbit lass brought over a some venisson with potatos and butter and a pint of the inns fine ale. Thanking her with a smile, Fungrim dug in with a will.

Now if only he had some company, like that lively young fellow, Hamfast. He was the only patron in the inn that he was really on speaking terms with.
Herein, it is said, the power of Ulmo was shown. For he gathered tidings of all that passed in Beleriand, and every stream that flowed from Middle-earth to the Great Sea was to him a messenger, both to and fro
Old 02-04-2004, 06:37 AM   #154
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Crystal heard her name called. She was instantly afraid once more, she wasn't sure what to do.

"Who is it?" Crystal asked timidly from across the room.

Her heart pounded wildly as thoughts of being captured ran across her mind like the horses the riders rode in their quest for her and the reward upon her head.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:41 AM   #155
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Cree
Cree looked up at the sound of her name. "I'm sorry sir. I am Cree and he is my dear friend Grimm." Cree wasn't use to having people just walk up to her and start a conversation. Plus why would someone just barge into a room looking for someone to talk to? She looked at Grimm her face almost becoming sad. She liked talking to him.

"Grimm, its ok. I understand.Toby I'm sorry but we wouldn't make good company right now. Perhaps we can talk some other time. Perhaps when I am more awake."Theres more to this guy than what meets the eyes. He's hiding someting. The look on her face changed. Cree was always frightened but now it could be told. She didn't know what to think of Toby. The smile didn't seem real to her.
--------------------
Aduthondiel
"Who is it?" She heard from the other side of the door. Perhaps she had come to the right room after all.

"My name is Aduthondiel an elf from Eryn Lasgalen. I wish to speak with Crystal. I have some news she may find interesting." Aduthondiel wasn't use to having to wait for a person. But the news she heard should be told to this Crystal.

She could remember Rohan and the way it looked. Staying with Dorian and learning about his daughter wasn't as fun as it may seem. She remembered that Crystal was the daughters name.

There are so many named Crystal. But is this her?
Old 02-04-2004, 08:02 AM   #156
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Pipe

The hobbit had just walked into the room and asked if he could join them. First Grimm didn't notice the halfling at all, but the hobbit coughed as they didn't notice him. Grimm looked up from his cry and looked at the hobbit, he looked down again and tried to hide his face. He felt so embarressed by sitting and crying. I am an adult man! Why am I crying? he asked himself in his mind. He covered his face with his hands and he heard Cree talking to the hobbit.

He really cared for Cree. He didn't want her to have a wound and feel pain whitout getting any help. He sniffed and tried to dry his tears with his hand. He looked at his hand and saw the scar. He closed his eyes and remembered where he got it from. When he was defending the main gate to Helms Deep the Uruk-Hai's used crossbows to shot the men inside. An arrow hit through his left hand. He remembered the hurt. He had never felt so much pain before in his whole life.

He looked up at Cree again still talking to the hobbit. The hobbit seemed to still be annoyed, cause of Cree and him didn't notice him in the first place.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:54 AM   #157
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Umwë
The elf entered the Inn, he wore a dark green cape with a hood in the same colour. He had blonde hair that reached down to his shoulders. His bright green eyes shined, and his tired face turned into a smiled. Still at the late hour people was awake and many faces turned to him as he entered. He sat down quickly, cause he didn't like so much attention. He was a very shy elf, and often he could look down on his feet and blush if someone said anything kind to him. He didn't know why actually, it just felt like everyone was looking at him.

It had been a long day and he was really tired by now, yet he decided to sit down for a while and have an ale. He had never been in these parts of Middle-Earth before. For the moment he was travelling around Middle-Earth to explore the lands and places he had never seen before. Maybe some day he would leave too, and travell to the West. His father and sister had already left Middle-Earth. But Umwë wanted to stay for a little while, but he had promised them to come too some day.

He looked around himself and saw that many visitors were saying good night to each other and split off to each rooms. He wished he knew someone here. He felt lonely but tried to seem so lonely. He avoided many faces that looked at him by looking down at his mug of ale. He was too shy. Why am I doing this all the time? Avoiding people. He felt silly, so he looked up and took a sip os is ale.

Maybe I should talk to someone. So I atleast maybe could make a friend, then I douln't feel so lonely.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:56 AM   #158
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Cree looked at Grimm. She still didn't know what to think of the halfling. She never was one to talk to a hobbit. She always saw them as nasty little creatures. But Frodo, Sam, Pippen, Merry, and Bilbo was the only exception she ever made.

She stood up but had to hold her side. "If you will excuse me." She walked over to Grimm and whispered to him, "Once he leaves come find me in my room and we will talk some more. I don't trust him." She nelt down beside of him before she left. "Don't leave him in your room alone. He's got a look in his eyes which spell out trouble. If your still here in 5 minutes I'll be back. Like I said, I don't like the looks of him. Bye dear."

She nodded at the hobbit and walked to the door. "Good evening Mr. Toby. I'll see you in a little bit Grimm." She turned to look at the man who barged in on their conversation. She gave him an evil look. She was use to giving it. Cree wasn't sure if the hobbit was going to jump with fright or return the look.

Cree could feel Grimm looking at her. She looked at him and smiled. She walked out the door but didn't shut it behind her. She took her hand off of her side. She was bleeding again. Quickly she turned and walked back into Grimm's room. "Grimm I may need some help after all." She showed her blood red hand to him. "My side is bleeding again."

I got angry that's what it was. I don't trust him and he won't be the first that I didn't trust. Theres many of people who can't gain my trust. This Toby is one of them. The smile on her face turned itself into a look of pain.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:26 AM   #159
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Grimm rose up again and almost screamed. Not again! "Quick! You need bandage." he said. The hobbit backed away into a corner and didn't seem to care. Grimm took a piece of bandage that he had in his backpack. "Lay down on my bed. Quick!" he said with a worried tone. He put some bandage over her wound. He could see that her wound that looked like a scar, now looked more like she had got a cut by a blade. He felt dizzy, he felt that he was going to have a headache soon.

"Be still" he said and tried to calm down. He could see that her eyes was tired and filled with fear. The hobbit just watched them. "I will get you a glas of water" he said and walked swiftly out of the room for a glas. He returned, but he couldn't see the hobbit. He Cree the glass and looked around the room and tried to find the hobbit, Toby, that had been standing in the corner. He had actually nothing against hobbits, but this hobbit had just interrupted them in a rude way of just walking straight in. He could at least have knocked?
Old 02-04-2004, 09:34 AM   #160
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"The hobbit's gone. I never did like him anyways." Cree knew her words sounded harsh but she didn't like the look of the hobbit. "Grimm, may I ask you a question." Grimm nodded and Cree could see that he was worried about her. "Why do you care so much about me? No one ever has until now. Why?" She knew she was asking a question that would take some thought.

Cree wasn't sure on how her would answer her. "You can tell me anything Grimm. You should know that by now." She could tell it would take some time before her side would fully heal. She noticed a scar on Grimm's hand. She picked up her hand and placed it on his scar.

"You know pain. More pain than I could ever feel. Yet after all the sorrow in your life you can find time to take care of a cursed elf."