The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #281
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,476
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Looking at Nerwen wasn't nearly as productive as I'd hoped. There was a lot of banter, true, but the same could be said for many, including myself. She's made some points, and I guess what's struck me is that she hasn't been around a great deal, and as I said doesn't seem as aggressive as normal. She did mention some RL stuff, however.
Sorry, I'll try to be a bit more active from now on.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #282
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens
 
Lhunardawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IN it, but not OF it
Posts: 2,618
Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Lhunardawen
Two last-minute bandwagons, two dead unstung innocents.

For lack of any better ideas, right now those who are involved in both of these are looking worst to me. That's Nogrod and the phantom at least, to my recollection.

But honestly, in all the games I've played I've never felt so in the dark (hahaha) on a Day 3.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:42 AM   #283
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,476
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Pipe

Really not an easy game to keep track of, this.

These are a few of my favourite enigmas...

1. Phantom's Sam scheme.

The ostensible reason was so we could be sure ifLhuna had been Sam's cure-target. All right. What strikes me about this scheme is that it was more-or-less guaranteed to occupy the village's attention without posing much threat to the Spider(s)– as I said yesterDay, it could not even give us a known innocent. It is possible phantom believed he knew Sam's identity already, and was try to give him a cover under which he could communicate. It is also possible phantlob or phantling sought to draw Sam out.

2. The Bomwaggon
This was not nearly as unreasoned as the Glirdywaggon– however, to echo Lhuna, it's kind of interesting that both Nog and tp show up in both.

3. Fea's vote on phantom
Reasoning: "Love you tons, sweetums." Had previously declared Boro "probably evil" and announced her intention of voting for him.

4. Fea in general
Yes, there's been a lot of banter in this game. She's so far posted only banter. Nobody seems to care, either.

5. Wilwa's insistance on voting Lhuna
And I mean insistance. She gave no real reason, but she wouldn't be dissuaded, either.

On the other hand, we also have–
6. Nog's insistance that Lhuna was a "known innocent"
True, she's probably not a Spiderling (not certain, though). That's not the same thing.

My vote on phantom
An excellently reasoned and altogether impeccable vote. Clearly innocent.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:54 AM   #284
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,659
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Have about 2 minutes then off to work.

Nerwen, I wouldn't say I was insistent. Maybe about not thinking it a good idea to kill phantom, who at the time I was pretty sure to be innocent (now I don't know). I was really just trying to decide who else I could vote for out of those who had votes, and the way Nog seemed to think that Lhuna seems more innocent than anyone else, when to me she doesn't at all, just made her stand out more to me than the other options. So I went with her.

I should hopefully be around for the last hour of the Day.
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #285
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,476
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
In case anyone's missed it in the Admin thread– Boro is dropping out.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:45 AM   #286
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
In case anyone's missed it in the Admin thread– Boro is dropping out.


Now what is this? We have one person leaving the game everyday and the least posts per Day I can remember - and all this after we had a pause in ww for about two months or something?
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:53 AM   #287
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens
 
Lhunardawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IN it, but not OF it
Posts: 2,618
Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Lhunardawen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post


Now what is this? We have one person leaving the game everyday and the least posts per Day I can remember - and all this after we had a pause in ww for about two months or something?
The law of all good things coming to an end...?
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #288
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
The law of all good things coming to an end...?
That thought passed my mind... But if it comes to that, we must end with a bang and not with a whimper.
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #289
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,476
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I think it's just that everyone's busy.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #290
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,476
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Also, you know, we've probably got out of the swing of WW just because of that two-months pause.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #291
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It maybe that me and tp have been parties to the lynchings because we have been around at the DL.

But I think you should also remember that in this game a tie means that no one is lynched and our only way to get Shelob is to lynch her. Therefore there is more pressure in the end not to spread the votes too much. Especially as the voting has been a bit erratic (people don't talk about their preferences and one never knows how many will not vote any given Day).

I can't speak of any specific reasons on behalf of tp but I can tell you mine (which are actually in the thread already on both Days).

What comes to D1 Glirdan, he was one of the only people I had even a slight reason to vote (that exchange between him and Lottie). I was to be sure a bit more worried about those very careful players who said little or nothing but there was no way in deciding between them. In the end of the Day no one was coming forth with any ideas and the votes were spread between five different people. So when tp and Boro said they could vote for Glirdy it sounded like the best bet. It would both secure someone is lynched (we get a go for Shelob) and I could vote him with good conscience as I had a reason for voting him (even if slight - and as it turned out, wrong).

I was pretty uneasy with Bom quite early on as s/he felt like s/he had orders to go after me (like a spiderling might have had). This game is based on suspecting others, but when you suspect others, you should make even remotely reasonable points - or then say you have a gut feeling. Bom was looking like relatively cognizant of the game and us players (well taught during the Nights) but only gave more or less bogus suspicions. Also her/his last post looked suspicious. So when I found out others were willing to vote her/him too, I must say I wasn't too sad about it. Alas, wrong again, but again in good faith.

Okay, I have voted for an innocent two times in a row. But as we have only one baddie (or possibly two yesterDay), that isn't anything out of what is probable. Looking at the maths, most of us have thus far only voted for innocents... it's that only those which end up lynching someone are verified.

Someone asked about Lhuna as well. I thought our best theory about the first stinged one was Lhuna (not a strong case but the only one I thought could be argued for even slightly). And it seemed most others shared the view. Ergo: the possibility that Sam had tried to use his healing-powers on Lhuna were quite good - so we should not lynch her as she would have been most likely "clean" (unless Shelob took a really cool step and stinged her only on N2).

If we have good reason to believe Sam has tried to heal person X the previous Night, we don't go on lynching that person X, right?

Having a "working hypothesis" of Lhuna being the stinged one of course meant she couldn't be Shelob at the same time. She can of course be Shelob, but thus far I have no special reason to believe that she is (more than of anyone else), but the possibility she was the stinged & healed one being presented I saw better odds for us if she was not lynched. Does that make sense?
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #292
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I shall likely continue to banter, as that was part of the condition of my employ. Mischief. ("Will you play?" "Can I be insane?")

However in effort to be mildly useful, it only seems fair to tell you not to bother lynching me. Savvy?
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #293
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,476
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I shall likely continue to banter, as that was part of the condition of my employ. Mischief. ("Will you play?" "Can I be insane?")

However in effort to be mildly useful, it only seems fair to tell you not to bother lynching me. Savvy?
Oh, I see. You're definitely not a villain, then?
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #294
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,426
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
In case anyone's missed it in the Admin thread– Boro is dropping out.
I hate to hear that. Makes me wish I'd voted for him yesterDay after all. It would have helped him out, and we'd still have an innocent Bom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
The law of all good things coming to an end...?
Nah. Like Nerwen said, it's apparently just been a really busy time for everyone since the start of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I shall likely continue to banter, as that was part of the condition of my employ. Mischief. ("Will you play?" "Can I be insane?")
More insane than usual?

x/d with Nerwen
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #295
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens
 
Lhunardawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IN it, but not OF it
Posts: 2,618
Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Lhunardawen
You don't need to worry about that from me, Fea. The only people in my worth-lynching list right now are the phantom, Lottie, Nog, and perhaps Shasta.

EDIT: x'd with Nerwen and Zil
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #296
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens
 
Lhunardawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IN it, but not OF it
Posts: 2,618
Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Lhunardawen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
I hate to hear that. Makes me wish I'd voted for him yesterDay after all. It would have helped him out, and we'd still have an innocent Bom.
I'm taking a bit of a controversial stand here, but at least now we know Bom was innocent. On the other hand, we don't know what Boro is (per rules on dying unlynched), but I suppose he's not Shelob because otherwise what's the point of continuing the game?

Besides, innocents (I'd say we but of course I don't know which side you are) are still up on the numbers game. But not for long, it would seem. We have one Shelob, one spawn, and one stung now, and eight players all in all.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #297
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,426
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I'm taking a bit of a controversial stand here, but at least now we know Bom was innocent. On the other hand, we don't know what Boro is (per rules on dying unlynched), but I suppose he's not Shelob because otherwise what's the point of continuing the game?
True. If we're lucky he was a spiderling.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #298
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,476
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I'm taking a bit of a controversial stand here, but at least now we know Bom was innocent. On the other hand, we don't know what Boro is (per rules on dying unlynched), but I suppose he's not Shelob because otherwise what's the point of continuing the game?
Amusing the Moddess? I hear somebody (Fea?) ran a truly sadistic game like that in the days of yore.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #299
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,476
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
True. If we're lucky he was a spiderling.
In that case you'd think he'd have particular qualms about deserting Her at this juncture. But then, Sally might do something to compensate Shelob– reassigning the role, or giving her an extra Night-attack, or whatever. So it's possible.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #300
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens
 
Lhunardawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IN it, but not OF it
Posts: 2,618
Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Lhunardawen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
True. If we're lucky he was a spiderling.
Or if we're unlucky he's the Doctor. I'm inclined to think he's normal, but what do I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Amusing the Moddess? I hear somebody (Fea?) ran a truly sadistic game like that in the days of yore.
But sally wouldn't do that... Or would she? I mean it's sadistic enough not to allow anyone to post reveals, false or otherwise. I can't help thinking it must feel useless to be the Doctor when the only way your knowledge is discovered is when you're dead - and that after looking at your posts and making the most sense out of it possible. But even then that would just be everyone assuming, not actually knowing. It would give the living more questions than answers.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #301
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I need to leave for a while but I will give you my take on people later toDay (Greenie is coming to my place to watch the American Idol ).

But let me throw a few thoughts to think about meanwhile - and please let's discuss a bit more toDay, please. This is a bit frustrating.


I really don't like saying this once again (and I'm not too happy to trigger the same discussion again), but I think I need to say it anyway. There are so many silent partners here in this game, any open suspicions have been very rare, people are too careful to let their opinions known... Add to that that we have only one (or two) baddies among us, the current state of affairs is plain against our interests as Shelob's best strategy in this kind of an envirovment would be to hunker down and hide among the majority of careful players.

I said that on D1 already and now on D3 the message is even more urgent. Let's play toDay. and I do not mean quantity, but quality, aka. saying what we think about people, of many people, and not narrowing it carefully down to say that you tend to think one person is okay and one might be suspicious-looking but then again maybe not so much... leaving all the others without a mention.

In this vein I actually dare to take on a "phantom-mode" and suggest we all promise toDay to make a list of all people, and promise to name at least two people we suspect - and why we do it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
We have one Shelob, one spawn, and one stung now, and eight players all in all.
Wait a minute!

I thought it was more or less undecided which interpretation of the general rules Sally took or do we learn if Sam manages to heal someone, but what really blew me was that we only have 8 players left... Really? *checked, true*

Okay. The Doc can check people and we need to lynch any checked stinged one now (unless the Doc also learns when the stinging has taken place when we could trust on Sam to try to heal someone stinged the Night before). Also Sam has both the ability to block a stinging and to heal someone. As the number of players drop down his chances of success grow.

But the nasty fact is, that if we lynch more innocents and no rangering or healing takes place (and Lhuna's numbers are correct), we'll have toMorrow Shelob + two spiderlings against one stinged and three other innocents. Then lynching an innocent (even the stinged one) toMorrow means we lose.

Oh wait... didn't the number of the baddies need to outnumber the innocents this time? *checked, right they have to* Okay that gives us one more chance, although if a stinged one is not healed the lobber-gang will win.

Uh... Need to go now.
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #302
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Oh, I see. You're definitely not a villain, then?
Wasn't last time I checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Amusing the Moddess? I hear somebody (Fea?) ran a truly sadistic game like that in the days of yore.
Pretty sure the most sadistic game I ever ran was when I wouldn't tell anybody (alive or dead) what roles people had until the village had killed all but one. But that game wasn't about good versus evil, it was about last man standing. I just failed to explain that to people because it would have ruined the purity of the votes.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #303
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,476
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Okay. The Doc can check people and we need to lynch any checked stinged one now (unless the Doc also learns when the stinging has taken place when we could trust on Sam to try to heal someone stinged the Night before).
The Doctor can't reveal, Nog.

EDIT:X'd with Fea.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #304
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Or if we're unlucky he's the Doctor.
That's what I'm afraid of... I think he was either the doctor or then someone playing the doctor to confuse Shelob and make her attack him to be healed by Sam later. Or whatever.

It's harder to see him as a baddie, but he could have been the stinged one who wanted to gain attention by the way he played calling for attention?
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #305
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,476
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Oh, so it was you, Fea.

EDIT:X'd with Nog
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #306
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
The Doctor can't reveal, Nog.
Right... Quite a pointless role then? Maybe that's why I didn't come to think about it...
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #307
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,476
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Right... Quite a pointless role then? Maybe that's why I didn't come to think about it...
I wouldn't say pointless– he can push to get stung people lynched, and maybe deduce who Shelob is. But it's not like a normal Seer.

And I agree Boro was hinting like mad yesterDay, but who knows what that was really about?
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #308
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens
 
Lhunardawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IN it, but not OF it
Posts: 2,618
Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Lhunardawen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Right... Quite a pointless role then? Maybe that's why I didn't come to think about it...
That's what I said. *points up*

So, my 2 biggest suspects toDay:

1. the phantom
Because of the last-minute bandwagons thing. And I can totally see him pull off trying to pull the strings by asking the Sam question, but that's just my personal prejudice. It's also that I still don't get why he attempted to make that survey, unless he was (as someone said) trying to draw the Doctor out.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't a more important question to ask at that time be "If you were Shelob, who would you sting?" Okay, so I am of the opinion that it's better to try hunting for Shelob herself than one of her spawn, but at least it gives us lynch candidates, which would probably be more helpful, instead of non-lynch candidates, which is what the Sam question kind of gave us.

Or I am making sense out of absolutely nothing that has happened in the past couple of Days.

2. Lottie
There's just something about her that makes me feel uneasy. Sure, she drew herself out a bit more when she started going after Zil so heavily, but it's still not enough to make people look at her, like there's still a sense of being careful about it. Okay, I admit this one's more of a gut feel but really, what else do we have to go on?

My minor suspects are Shasta also because he feels stealthy, and Noggie because of the bandwagon thing.

EDIT: x'd with Nerwen
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #309
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens
 
Lhunardawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IN it, but not OF it
Posts: 2,618
Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Lhunardawen
Also, I am wary of Zil because for some reason I'm starting to trust him, and I don't trust myself to trust people.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #310
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I kept thinking about the role of the Doc as I walked home and yeah, I think I got it now. You're right Nerwen, he can "push". Let's have our eyes open if someone is pushing... And looking at it this way I think I have an idea whom I'm going to listen extra carefully toDay.
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #311
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens
 
Lhunardawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IN it, but not OF it
Posts: 2,618
Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Lhunardawen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I kept thinking about the role of the Doc as I walked home and yeah, I think I got it now. You're right Nerwen, he can "push". Let's have our eyes open if someone is pushing... And looking at it this way I think I have an idea whom I'm going to listen extra carefully toDay.
But the problem with that is Shelob could also do that, and we have no way of knowing for certain if the pushing person is Shelob or the Doctor until xe is lynched.

Oh, right. Numbers game. But it's still possible.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #312
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
announcement

Wilwa has to work late and will not be back toDay.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #313
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Bleh- busier than I thought I'd be. Not caught up on reading at all.

But first-
Phantom remains innocent. Wilwa remains innocent. Lottie at worst has been stung last night. Lhuna- it's doubtful she's been stung given Sam's likely cure choice the first day and my promise of a Day 3 lynch hanging over her since Day 1, therefore I consider it reasonable not to include her as a candidate today.

That leaves for candidates-
Nerwen
Inzil
Shasta
Fea
Nog
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #314
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens
 
Lhunardawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IN it, but not OF it
Posts: 2,618
Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Lhunardawen
I think it's best to get this out of the way before I fall asleep where I'm sitting:

++Loslote

I'm still more inclined to distrust her than the phantom. Now if only I had impeccable gut feel...
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #315
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Top two suspects? I can do that...

1. Zil. This should really come as a surprise to no one by this point. Once again, I have nothing other than pretty much every post of his I read sounds like evil!Zil, not normal!Zil.

2. This one's harder, because I have more people that I think are innocent than I have people that I think are evil, but if I had to pull a name, Shasta and tp are the two I'd think are most likely evil. Shasta simply because I haven't seen anything to the contrary, and tp because I'm starting to get squirmy feelings about him. Neither of them are anywheres near suspicious enough for a vote, though.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #316
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,426
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
In that case you'd think he'd have particular qualms about deserting Her at this juncture. But then, Sally might do something to compensate Shelob– reassigning the role, or giving her an extra Night-attack, or whatever. So it's possible.
I'm sure Boro would try to stick it out if he had evil associates depending on him, but we know that sometimes RL undoes our most devious WW plans. At any rate, Nienna's role was revealed when she dropped out, so the same should be the case with Boro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Also, I am wary of Zil because for some reason I'm starting to trust him, and I don't trust myself to trust people.
I could say the same about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I kept thinking about the role of the Doc as I walked home and yeah, I think I got it now. You're right Nerwen, he can "push". Let's have our eyes open if someone is pushing... And looking at it this way I think I have an idea whom I'm going to listen extra carefully toDay.
I have an idea as well, but I may be wrong, so I'm going to keep all options on the table.

Unlikely To Get My Vote ToDay:

Wilwa- No particular evil vibes from her, and that along with her absence the remainder of the Day removes her from consideration.

Lhuna- No evil feeling. Makes sense. A repworthy performance if she's bad.

Fea- Insane banter, yes. Yet I don't get the idea that it's evil in nature.

Everyone Else:

tp: I never know quite what he's up to, and I'm not convinced either way that he's good or bad. Was in on both innocent bandwagons, along with Nog.

Nog: His presence on both the aforementioned bandwagons is curious. Seems to be playing rather carefully, for him.

Nerwen: As I said of her before, she's not the aggressive evil-hunting Nerwen I'm used to. RL? Spider shenanigans? Could be either.

Shasta: Not around much at all. Did he vote yesterDay? I'd hate to have him slide through with submarine tactics if he's evil.

Lottie: I was a little mollified by the way she responding to my pushing back at her yesterDay. However, her single-minded insistence on wanting to lynch me (because I tend to be a rather easy lynch) has me worried she could be a spiderling doing the grunt work for Shelob.

x/d with Lottie herself
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #317
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Lottie: I was a little mollified by the way she responding to my pushing back at her yesterDay. However, her single-minded insistence on wanting to lynch me (because I tend to be a rather easy lynch) has me worried she could be a spiderling doing the grunt work for Shelob.
You've played with me before, Zil. It hasn't been that long. Surely you remember that I've been stubbornly insistent when I think I'm right in pretty much every game of WW I've ever played? This reason for suspecting me is not your strongest ever, to put it lightly.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #318
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,426
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
You've played with me before, Zil. It hasn't been that long. Surely you remember that I've been stubbornly insistent when I think I'm right in pretty much every game of WW I've ever played? This reason for suspecting me is not your strongest ever, to put it lightly.
All I'm going to say is that you're either evil, or just plain wrong.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #319
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
But the problem with that is Shelob could also do that, and we have no way of knowing for certain if the pushing person is Shelob or the Doctor until xe is lynched.

Oh, right. Numbers game. But it's still possible.
Possible, although I would think it more likely the one faking it would be a spiderling as the risk is too big... I mean the fact is, that the Doc - if he "pushes" - will deliver us a baddie and a faker will not (I don't think they can afford to sacrifice one of them as there is no unambiguous "X is innocent" proof involved and the real Doc would still remain to "push" even more).

Let's check the scenarios.

Doc has a stinged and pushes for her/his lynch. The baddies will not make contesting pushes. We lynch a baddie.

Doc has stinged and pushes, but Shelob or a spiderling makes rival insistence on someone else. We lynch one of the "pushed ones". If that person is a baddie we have dealt a huge blow to Shelob and at the best scenario she has no spiderling any more (with luck Sam could heal the one stinged last Night and Shelob would be back to square one). If that person we lynch is a non-stinged person, we know that the one pushing her/him is a baddie and we lynch her/him toMorrow and Shelob is one down.

If Doc has none known stinged he will not push. If someone pushes someone else and we lynch an innocent because of that we know the one pushing was a baddie and we lynch her/him the next Day.


What do you say?
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #320
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Doctor. The. Doct. Tor.



Erm, I mean it's two hours 'til DL.

Votes:

Lhuna-->Lottie
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.