The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2005, 01:41 PM   #801
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
N and quite a lot of M's !

"----'-/ m-/ ------/ m----n/! ---/ -----/ --m-/ --m-/ ----/ m-/! ---/ -----/ --/ ---/ ----n/: ------/ ----m/, --n----m-/, -----/ -----/ -n-/ ------/;"
Old 07-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #802
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Are there any Sssss, preciousssss?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:49 PM   #803
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Yesss, but we has only three...

"----'s/ m-/ ------/ m----n/! ---/ s----/ --m-/ --m-/ ----/ m-/! ---/ -----/ -s/ ---/ ----n/: ------/ ----m/, --n----m-/, -----/ -----/ -n-/ ------/;"
Old 07-08-2005, 03:51 PM   #804
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
High time for T, then - or is it time for High Tea?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 07-09-2005, 01:31 PM   #805
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

High T, you'll see!

"----'s/ m-/ ---tt-/ m----n/! ---/ s----/ --m-/ --m-/ --t-/ m-/! T--/ t----/ -s/ ---/ ----n/: ------/ ----m/, --n----m-/, ---t-/ -----/ -n-/ --tt--/;"
Old 07-09-2005, 02:12 PM   #806
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Why, it is indeed tea-time with the Big T!
Quote:
Said Tom Bombadil: 'Here's my pretty maiden!
You shall come home with me! The table is all laden:
yellow cream, honeycomb, white bread and butter;
roses at the window-sill and peeping round the shutter.
Wedding tea - and all with no cooking!
Old 07-09-2005, 03:29 PM   #807
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Excellent work, Esty! (and without any vowels!)
Old 07-09-2005, 03:32 PM   #808
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Another special tea time:
Quote:
-'-- --- --- - ------- -----. - ----- ---'-- ---- -- -- ---- ------.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:38 PM   #809
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

some A's to start with, perhaps.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #810
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A

-'-- --- --- a -----a- -----. - ----- ---'-- ---- -- -- ---- -a----.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:07 AM   #811
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

No tea time without T
Old 07-10-2005, 06:12 AM   #812
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Absolutely!

-'-- --t --- a -----a- -----. - t---- ---'-- ---- -t -- ---- -a----.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #813
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

E's please
Old 07-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #814
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

with E-s!

-'-- --t --- a --e--a- ----e. - t---- ---'-- ---- -t -- ---- ea----.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #815
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Hm, not very revealing! S's please
Old 07-10-2005, 01:21 PM   #816
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

-'-- --t --- a s-e--a- s---e. - t---- ---'-- ---- -t -- ---- eas---.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #817
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Tea and cake!

"I'll cut you a special slice. I think you'll find it go down easily."

Alf to little Tim at the Twenty-four-Feast
Old 07-10-2005, 03:09 PM   #818
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Well done once again! You deserve a reward - how about some cake?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:38 PM   #819
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

...some cake with a fairy-star in it ? That would be marvellous!

"-/ ---------/ --------/ ----/ -/ ----/ ---/ --/, ------/, --/ ---/, --/ ----/; -/ ----/!"
Old 07-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #820
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Okay I'll give this one a whirl though I'm certain I won't do well at all.

"A" please
Old 07-13-2005, 12:27 AM   #821
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Welcome to the thread, mormegil! It's nice to have a new victim - ummmm, I mean 'participant', of course!

I'll add my request for the "R"s, please.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:49 AM   #822
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

A good start!

"A/ --a------/ -ra-----/ -a--/ -/ -a--/ --r/ --/, ---a--/, -r/ ---/, -r/ --r-/; -/ -a--/!"
Old 07-13-2005, 06:32 AM   #823
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Let's add the "S"s to that, please.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:05 AM   #824
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Some e's will come in handy as well, I suppose

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 02:22 PM   #825
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Hi, HI, how nice to meet you here again!

"A/ -ea------/ -ra-s--e/ -a-e/ -/ -a-e/ --r/ -s/, --ease/, -r/ ---/, -r/ --re/; -/ -a-e/!"
Old 07-13-2005, 02:36 PM   #826
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Any "P's"?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:47 PM   #827
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

one P for Mormegil

"A/ -ea------/ -ra-s--e/ -a-e/ -/ -a-e/ --r/ -s/, p-ease/, -r/ ---/, -r/ --re/; -/ -a-e/!"
Old 07-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #828
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've read a few of these works...none terribly recently, but I'll still try.

"M"
Old 07-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #829
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

M's - good choice!
"A/ -ea------/ -rams-me/ -a-e/ -/ -a-e/ --r/ -s/, p-ease/, -r/ ---/, -r/ m-re/; -/ -a-e/!"
Old 07-14-2005, 05:47 AM   #830
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Unidentified 'they' (supposedly hobbits) to the Lonely Troll, friend of Perry-the-Winkle's:

Quote:
A beautiful cramsome cake,
O bake for us, please, or two, or more;
O bake!
I'm glad to be back too

Old 07-14-2005, 09:05 AM   #831
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

That's the one, HI!
and I have a question to Englishspeaking people: what on earth is "cramsome" ??? (I couldn't find it in my dictionaries)

(btw, the smiley is not meant "sarcastic", but "wondering"!)
Old 07-14-2005, 09:14 AM   #832
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Guinevere, I've read a lot in my life and have picked up a lot of vocabulary, but this word has never showed up anywhere else in my experience. We should perhaps ask someone who has access to the OED...
Old 07-18-2005, 12:32 AM   #833
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

*Esty pokes HI - next one, please! We're just a tiny bit addicted, you know!
Old 07-19-2005, 01:27 AM   #834
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

I always figured 'cramsome' to mean at the same time 'crispy' and 'doughy-fattening'. As far as my knowledge reaches, 'cram' is a term to indicate food for fattening domestic animals.

As for the next quote (thanks for poking, Esty ), it goes perfectly with my current mood :

Quote:
--- -- --- ----- ----- ------- ----, -- -------- ---- ------ ------, ---- ---- - ---- --- ----- -- ----, ------ - ------ ---- ---- ---- --- ---!

Old 07-19-2005, 06:03 AM   #835
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Now, just what mood could you be in, and which letter would be useful in finding that out? I'll have to guess and will resort to my customary "T".
Old 07-19-2005, 07:02 AM   #836
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

to the T, I'd say...

Maybe the mood for thirteen rounds of tea?

Quote:
--t -- t-- ----t -t--- ------- ----, -- ----t--t ---- ------ --t---, t--t ---- - ---- --- ----- t- t---, t----- - ------ --t- ---- ---- --- ---!

Old 07-19-2005, 12:32 PM   #837
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I hope there are some O's ...
Old 07-19-2005, 02:36 PM   #838
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and I add a request for some Ssssssss!
Old 07-19-2005, 11:24 PM   #839
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

tos

With pleasure, dear ladies:

Quote:
--t -- t-- ----t st--- -o----- -o--, o- ----t-st ---- ------ --to--, t--t ---- - ---- --- ----- to t---, t-o--- - s-o--- -ot- ---- ---- --- s--!

Old 07-20-2005, 12:09 AM   #840
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Let's try N, please.