The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2005, 10:11 AM   #921
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Oh dear - I've completely forgotten which quote this is! I'll try to find it, or choose a new one, in the next hours...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:58 PM   #922
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Found it again! Here it is, with A and L:

--- la------ l--- a- --- la-, - -----, -- --- -a----- -- --- -----, ---l- --- ---- -l-------.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 08-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #923
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
With all those 'la's, all I can think of is 'Tra la lally'!

E's?
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #924
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

with E-s

--- la----e- l--- a- --- la-, - --e--, -- --e -a---e- -- --e -----, ---le --e ---e -l-----e-.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:50 PM   #925
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
ds please
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:22 AM   #926
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ D

--- la----ed l--- a- --- la-, - --e--, -- --e -a---e- -- --e -----, ---le --e ---e -l-----ed.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:59 PM   #927
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
hm, no idea at all .... can't do without the good old T after all
Old 08-25-2005, 01:28 PM   #928
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T-time

--- la----ed l--- a- --- la-, - --e--, -- --e -at--e- -- --e ----t, ---le --e ---e -l-----ed.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:24 PM   #929
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
I please
Old 08-26-2005, 12:28 AM   #930
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I-spy

--- la----ed l--- a- --- la-, I --e--, i- --e -at--e- -- --e -i--t, --ile --e -i-e -l-----ed.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:55 AM   #931
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Question clueless

some S's perhaps ?
Old 08-26-2005, 11:49 AM   #932
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yesss

--- la----ed l--- as --- la-, I --ess, i- --e -at--es -- t-e -i--t, --ile --e -ise sl-----ed.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:58 PM   #933
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Could I have the O's, please?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:03 PM   #934
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

We have almost all the vowels by now! Consonants are actually more revealing...

-o- la-o--ed lo-- as -o- la-, I --ess, i- t-e -at--es o- t-e -i--t, --ile t-e -ise sl---e-ed.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:11 PM   #935
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

But I needed the O's to make sure that I guessed rightly about, the first three words... (and the t's and e you forgot didn't make it easier... )

Quote:
You laboured long as you lay, I guess,
in the watches of the night, while the wise slumbered.
Tídwald to Totta again!
Old 08-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #936
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

My abject apologies for those forgotten letters - I did correct them when I noticed. Yes, you're right! I like that sentence; it reminds me of Éowyn's description "the watches of the night"...
Old 08-27-2005, 01:11 PM   #937
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Quote:
"----/ --/ -----/!" (.......) "-/ ------'-/ --/ --/ ----/, ------/. -----/ ---/ ---/ -------/ --/ -/ ----/ ---/ --/."
Old 08-27-2005, 03:20 PM   #938
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

*strikes cheerleader pose*

Gimme a T!
Old 08-27-2005, 07:48 PM   #939
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

and an n
Old 08-28-2005, 12:33 PM   #940
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TN

"T---/ --/ ---n-/!" (.......) "-/ ----tn't/ t-/ --/ ----/, ------/. T--n-/ ---/ ---/ --tt-n-/ -n/ -/ ----/ ---/ --/."
Old 08-28-2005, 01:43 PM   #941
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S, please
Old 08-28-2005, 01:55 PM   #942
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

and the h's
Old 08-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #943
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"Th-s/ -s/ ---n-/!" (.......) "-/ ---htn't/ t-/ --/ h---/, ------/. Th-n-/ ---/ ---/ --tt-n-/ -n/ -/ ----/ ---/ --/."
Old 08-29-2005, 12:53 PM   #944
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Ah, that's Parish, speaking to Niggle:
Quote:
'This is grand!' he said. 'I oughtn't to be here, really. Thank you for putting in a word for me.'
Old 08-29-2005, 01:10 PM   #945
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up Exactly!

I was sure you'd get it now!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:25 AM   #946
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Mind you, this is not a personal statement...

Quote:
'---- ------- --- ----- --- --- --------,' (.....); '--- ---- ---- --- ------ --- ---- ------ ---- ---- ---.'
Old 08-30-2005, 06:18 AM   #947
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

S's pleassse
Old 08-30-2005, 06:27 AM   #948
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

yessss

'---- ------s --- ----- --- --- ---s----,' (.....); '--- ---- ---s --- ----s- --- ---- ------ ---- s--- ---.'
Old 08-30-2005, 06:36 AM   #949
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

and after S follows T, naturally
Old 08-30-2005, 06:39 AM   #950
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

S T, at your service

'---- ------s --- ----t --- --- ---s----,' (.....); '--t t--t ---s --t ----s- --- ---- ------ ---- s--t ---.'
Old 08-31-2005, 01:17 PM   #951
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Are there any O's ?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:21 PM   #952
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+o

yep

'-o-- ------s --- ----t -o- o-- ---s----,' (.....); '--t t--t -o-s -ot ----s- -o- --o- -o---- ---- s--t -o-.'
Old 09-01-2005, 01:20 PM   #953
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

R please
Old 09-01-2005, 01:32 PM   #954
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R happy to oblige

'-o-r -----rs -r- ----t -or o-r -r-s----,' (.....); '--t t--t -o-s -ot ----s- -o- -ro- -o---- ---- s--t -or.'
Old 09-01-2005, 02:08 PM   #955
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

hmm would you add the N's please ?

edit: don't need them, after all. I suddenly saw it:

Quote:
"Your manners are unfit for our presence," said he; "but that does not excuse you from coming when sent for."
the King to Farmer Giles of Ham

Last edited by Guinevere; 09-01-2005 at 03:59 PM. Reason: found it
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 03:37 AM   #956
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Very good, Guinevere! It certainly wasn't easy with those letters! Next one's yours.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:58 AM   #957
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you Esty, and sorry for the delay!

-/ ---/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ---/ -----/ --/ ---/ ---/ ---/ ----/ -------/ ----!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:06 AM   #958
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"c"s?

(I'm not really new (I'm Tuor of Gondolin)
but had to get a new password when
going from AOl to yahoo since I'm using
library computers for a while).
Old 09-08-2005, 01:12 PM   #959
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and the inevitable Ts, please.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:12 PM   #960
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

sorry to disappoint you: only one T and no C at all.

-/ ---t/ ----/ ---/ ----/ ---/ -----/ --/ ---/ ---/ ---/ ----/ -------/ ----!

Last edited by Guinevere; 09-08-2005 at 02:17 PM. Reason: a mistake (3 letters instead of 4)
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote