The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #241
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Firefoot: On your last post you still have Oddwen on the living list.
Thanks for pointing that out; it's been fixed. Carry on.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #242
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Morm you're here, do you agree with the lynch-list?
Yes, though I'm more suspicious of Elf-Warrior than Wilwarin but either way they are my top 3 suspects. If Kitanna turns out not to be I think I will jump off a cliff in frustration.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:45 PM   #243
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm happy to switch the second two lynchings around if you'd prefer. I just want everyone to agree on one person to vote for each day.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:54 PM   #244
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well I say we get on with it then. No need to wait I don't feel I will change my vote in the least so...

++KITANNA

And it's likely that upon seeing that she will be dying the wolves will vote for her as well. But having said this they may not.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #245
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
I have been away working. I've caught up on the devopments and I see that everyone I voted for is innocent including Durelin and Oddwen the Ranger was lynched. I think lmp's idea is better than Kath's. Kath might be a wolf.
LDR: Mormegil

Couldn't Oromin have dropped out without claiming to be a cobbler and a wolf? I would say believe her although I don't know exactly what. I'll post more later.

Last edited by The Elf-warrior; 07-29-2005 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Boldface Oddwen and Kath's names
The Elf-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 06:58 PM   #246
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I do not know why everyone is casting so much blame on Wilwa; it is certainly unjustified. Kath's list [Kitanna, Wilwa, Elf-warrior] makes me uneasy. If Kitanna is lynched tomorrow and is innocent, I think Kath will be next on my suspect list.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:14 PM   #247
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
I do not know why everyone is casting so much blame on Wilwa; it is certainly unjustified. Kath's list [Kitanna, Wilwa, Elf-warrior] makes me uneasy. If Kitanna is lynched tomorrow and is innocent, I think Kath will be next on my suspect list.
Well Encai pray tell who do you suspect?
Old 07-29-2005, 07:38 PM   #248
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

I do suspect Kitanna. That's not why I don't like the way the list goes. There is someone else I do not suspect, and I don't want to see an innocent's eyes fluttering closed as they hang...
Old 07-29-2005, 08:19 PM   #249
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
I think Kath is trying to appear innocent by attacking Kitanna, her fellow wolf. Dancing Spawn and Oddwen voted for Kitanna yesterday. I think the plan was that Kitanna would be sacrificed and Kath would be vindicated when we see that Kitanna was a wolf. Then Kath would be able to get me and Wilwa lynched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
I don't trust a word Oromin is saying. First she says she's the cobbler, then she says she's a wolf. No matter what she is, she's not giving away any valuable information -- even the people she claims to be her fellow wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oromin
Lhuna and wilwa are my fellow wolves.
This is a lie on at least one account.
I suggest that the Seer should dream about Oromin tonight and find out what she's up to.
Encaitare is essentially claiming to be either the Seer (which is very unlikely) or a Shirriff. And she has defended Wilwa twice today. I'm willing to stake my life on my theory.

I won't be on the rest of the DAY so I'll vote now for

++Kath
Old 07-29-2005, 11:07 PM   #250
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally posted by The Elf-warrior
Couldn't Oromin have dropped out without claiming to be a cobbler and a wolf?
But you see, I am a wolf. It would cause more problems if I just dropped out than if you lynched me. My fellow wolves and I discussed last NIGHT which way would be best for me to get lynched, and it was decided that I should try to confuse the heck out of you by alternately claiming to be the cobbler and a wolf. Please, I'm almost certainly going to have to leave the game anyway, and since I'm a wolf anyway, you should lynch me. The reason I will have to leave is that a family member who lives in a different part of the country went into a coma on Wednesday night. I won't be able to see her again, because there's no place for me to stay where she is (she's in the hospital in another city from where she lives), but I will have to go for the funeral, and I could have to leave at any time. I don't want to screw up the game for everybody else by withdrawing, so I'd appreciate if you'd just let me out in the normal way: by lynching.

I'm not asking you to believe any of the game-related things I've said, but my account of the RL issues I'm having is true. If nothing else, please take that into account.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:29 PM   #251
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril New moon?

What a mess this village is becoming. It seems to me its name Loveland is but a mockery.

Before sharing my own thoughts I would like to begin with a defense of myself: I believe the main reason some of you suspected me of wolvery (or cobblery(?)) is my howling. That, I am afraid, is nothing I do of my own consciousness; it is an involuntary action cause by the phases of the moon. I guess you have to pay a visit to your nearest dictionary, and look for the word wrongly spelled lunatic. That should clarify things. mormegil was right in post #173 - you should probably all seek professional help for my unfortunate condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
So, though it crushes me to say this, Lhunardawen is near the top of my list.
Oh big bro, how could you say such a thing and cause me this pain? My weird time zone disables me from seeing enough to make a sensible vote. I am against random lynching, and that is exactly I would have done if I voted. I was well aware of my action's possible consequences, yet I went with it because no name would really come up. In Day 2 at least I had Day 1's voting and the death in Night 2 to help me decide (though now I realize my deduction was wrong).

Oromin is not a wolf. She is playing the cobbler role to a 'T'. Earlier spawn said something about me spending too much time with Nilp. Would you guys have to force me towards such an end as his just to feel the same regret you did after he was lynched?

And another thing, Oromin is doing now more or less the exact same thing Nilp did when he yet lived. There is a slight probability that she is a wolf hiding behind a possible déjà vu. Very more likely she is the cobbler, and mentioned two other names to sound convincingly lupine. In this case I agree with Enca that Oromin is lying in at least one account. Further along the line I can say I agree with Kath that only one of those she mentioned is actually a werewolf: wilwa. So I would suggest that we all keep from lynching Oromin, at least for this Day.

To mention the obvious and the utterly repeated, the following are now most under suspicion: wilwa, Kitanna, and The Elf-warrior.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 07-30-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:32 AM   #252
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

It breaks my heart, but what must be done must be done: I am suspecting Eomer of the Rohirrim of lycanthropy.

He alone questioned the suspicion cast upon tgwbs and The Elf-Warrior. At the same time, he seemed to be utterly convinced of Fea's and Nilp's innocence - both of whom turned out to be innocent indeed. Who better to know of the innocence of others than a werewolf?

There is also a scary irony in him being, as he said, "easy to sway" and the powers of persuasion he possesses, though seemingly unbeknownst to him. He alone voted for Oddwen the first Day, then yesterDay he somehow managed to get her lynched.

Now that Oddwen has been mentioned, I am not exactly sure, but it seemed to me that he "waited" for someone to initiate the voting for Oddwen yesterDay. After Kitanna did he cast once again his vote for Oddwen. Now we know bandwagoning is considered a lupine trait...but he was no bandwagoner. It was originally his idea that Oddwen is possibly a werewolf, anyway. Now that Oddwen's innocence has been proven he is pushing Kitanna towards the gallows, as if to say "I am in no way in league with her."

Then there is that reaction of his upon finding out that Oddwen is the Ranger right before she died. The emotion he showed is quite unsettling. He could have been hiding behind a mask of regret.

I would very much like to hear his defense.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:52 AM   #253
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
I feel uneasy about deciding the next three lynching targets beforehand.

Kitanna didn't defend herself against accusations but made a rather shaky attempt to turn the conversation to Oromin. I got the feeling that Kitanna has accepted her faith to be the next one to go and she doesn't want to blame nor defend anybody because she's afraid that she might give her fellow wolves' identities away. I'm truly sorry about Oromin's RL problems but as I said earlier, I'm not going to vote for her today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf-warrior
I think Kath is trying to appear innocent by attacking Kitanna, her fellow wolf.
So, you agree that Kitanna is a wolf but you vote for Kath.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:04 AM   #254
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
OOC: MormIt's the week end, I ;aways wake up late.

IC:

*staggers into village square*

Help ma boab! Dah wulves struck again! D'ish time they took me bold Roger und plain Jane. Me Roger wif his natural, unkontrrollable woot woot was dah prroud papa of me many lambs. Und Jane; seeh arn't much of a lookah, but seeh did give good wool. If d'ish goes on, me be brroke!

I pitah the death of Oddy und I state again I nev'r suspected her, not one bit. Now dat death Headah Durelin, seeh kinda taked too much und made me sus'pis of 'er. Now I canna help but feel guilty dat me posts had somethung to do wif 'er rrevealing 'er trrue idenity. Me be shaameful fur long long time...

Ou' rreseident starr gai'zer LMP had sugessted dat we nominate a leadah to guide us tru' d'ish daarke daz. 'tis could work but me haf me doubts. Haven't we all been sus'pis of people trrying to lead public opinion? Und arn't dat a basis of ou' sus'pis on others? Someone who trries hard to sway opinion und kontrol dah votes? Now we welcome d'ish idea?

We also haf frrom dah Kath a ska... ske.... timetable on who to lay low in dah next cop'l daz. Dat is a bettah idea. If Kath's rite (bey dah way, arre yer a lad or lassie? me canna tell wif all dat hair.) den all'z good. But dah prob' is dah timing; fur ev'rry wulf we slay in dah day, another innocent buys dah big one at nite. In wors' caze, six innocents go by dah end of deh third day.

So me be suggest dah dreaded mass lynching - we take t'ree of dah most fawl dog-faces und we chop off dah heads. One of 'em must be a wulf in disguist. Drrastic times call fur drrastic measures.

Whatcha t'ink?
Old 07-30-2005, 02:40 AM   #255
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurreg
So me be suggest dah dreaded mass lynching - we take t'ree of dah most fawl dog-faces und we chop off dah heads. One of 'em must be a wulf in disguist. Drrastic times call fur drrastic measures.

Whatcha t'ink?
I would have suggested that myself but I was too afraid of the wrath of our Moddessgoddess. Who are the three that you want to get decapitated (if morm is finally allowed to pursue his profession)? Three lynchings in one day may be a bit too bold but I would settle for two deaths.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:52 AM   #256
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Well lassie, ++Wilwarin gets me vote. An if we can get a triple tie together wif Elf-warrior und Kitianna den we haf a higher prrob of catching a lycan.

Und- Oooh! Me head! I fe'l dizzy! Somethung's happening! Ayyyeee~~~*

OOC:
I won't be back to cast my vote later
cuz I'm going to town to catch some fireworks.
Hence my vote now.

*~~~ Woooo! Wat was dat? Me fe'ling bettah now. Strrange, me never had dizzy spells before. Must be me worries on dah missing sheep.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:35 AM   #257
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Thanks Lhuna. I was feeling a bit weird without suspicion hanging over me.

I realise that my huge mistake in picking Oddwen is a serious blow against me. Rest assured, the choice was in good faith. And that emotion you saw from me when her gift became apparent was genuine. Hey! We dancers are emotional to a fault.

Lhuna, you think my confidence in the innocence of Nilp et al is suspicious, but I answer thusly: You look at this from the wrong angle. I was not certain of their innocence; I was much more interested in why they were being accused. A lot of the early reasoning was supect, and I think my initial scepticism has been proven to be wise.

You can see me as a wolf if you like. I have no truly brilliant comeback to that. But I will say this: Why would a wolf-Eomer killFea (who wanted to keep me alive as long as possible) and attack littlemanpoet (who earlier seemed fairly sure of my innocence)? My behaviour has not been wolvish in the slightest.

And if you think I'm going to halt suspicion on you Lhuna, just because of that little attack, then think again. You are still hovering near the top of my lynch list, although it appears that the other villagers are content to buy you time.

Oromin is a strange case. I sincerely sympathise with her RL situation. Yet I am more certain that Kitanna is a wolf. Some other villagers seem more sure of The Elf-Warrior and Wilwa but I think we should probably just let Oromin go tomorrow.

++KITANNA
Old 07-30-2005, 05:49 AM   #258
Mischievous Candle

I feel I'm repeating myself but I've re-read our possible wolf trio's posts again and I really believe that they are the culprits. There is some sort of mutual understanding and defending pattern going on between Kitanna and Elf-warrior. Kitanna's posts #218 , #220 and #224 show a fierce attempt to stand up for E-w but her reasoning is really flimsy.

Elf-warrior is trying to gain Kitanna one extra night by attacking Kath. In his post #249 Elf-warrior says that both Kitanna and Kath are wolves but he chooses to vote for Kath over Kitanna. I'm not taking E-w's accusations against Kath very seriously.

E-w also kind of defends wilwa. But is wilwa really guilty or is this some trick of his? It may be possible that Elf-warrior is just mentioning wilwa to make us suspicious of her. If that's the case, Oromin just might be a wolf but I don't know...

If we're up to double-lynching I'd suggest that we get rid of Kitanna and Elf-warrior but that's just my gut feeling.

Here are the votes thus far:
- Oromin -> herself
- Mormegil -> Kitanna
- Elf-warrior -> Kath
- Saurreg -> wilwa
- Eomer -> Kitanna

I think the rest of us should hold their votes until our two possible wolves (Kitanna and wilwa) vote so they can't break a tie and we can tip the scales as we please.

Last edited by dancing spawn of ungoliant; 07-30-2005 at 05:55 AM. Reason: I hate typos.
dancing spawn of ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:42 AM   #259
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I am a girl to whoever it was that asked.

And Elf-Warrior is trying to take suspicion away from himself and put it on me to avoid getting lynched. He said that if Kitanna was a wolf I would be vindicated and beyond suspicion, which I greatly hope is true but it is not a werewolvish plot. I hope that it will show my ideas should be taken seriously. Also, E-W then decided to vote for me even though he agrees that Kitanna is a wolf, now if that's not suspicious nothing is.

However, I would prefer to go by a list still so we can see people who are trying to go against it.

My vote is certain:
++KITANNA
Old 07-30-2005, 06:50 AM   #260
Mischievous Candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I would prefer to go by a list still so we can see people who are trying to go against it.
What does the final list look like? 1) Kitanna, 2) Elf-warrior 3) wilwa? I'm fine with the first two but I want to see if they both are wolves before I can promise to vote for wilwa. What are your thoughts about "dah dreaded mass lynching"?
Old 07-30-2005, 07:07 AM   #261
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Wow, I don't know what to say. It seems alot of people are blaming me. May I ask why Ive earned so much suspision?
Old 07-30-2005, 07:18 AM   #262
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Actually, I'm quite sympathetic toward Wilwarin. Kitanna, Elf-Warrior and Oromin are certainly worthy of much suspicion but I think Wilwa's been a bit unfortunate here.

I'd take her off the list but I'm not too bothered. There are villagers whose innocence I am more confident in.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:24 AM   #263
mormegil
Maundering Mage

As to not incur "fiery" wrath I think we ought not to go for double or triple lynchings just yet. We all seem to have some sort of consensus about Kitanna's guilt. However there is still some doubt, at least in my mind, of Wilwarin. Oromin is tricky too. I do sympathize with her RL problems but we would be better served at killing somebody who we feel much more certain in. As for E-w I'm more certain of him than I am Wilwa so if we do go for the double I would rather chop his head off than I would Wilwa's; barring of course this crazy town take it into their own hands again.

Oh and Wilwarin to answer your last question please read over the last DAY's posts to see why we suspect you.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:24 AM   #264
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

*lightning, crack of thunder*

*muttershould'vedisallowedmasslynchingsoutrightmut ter*

Old 07-30-2005, 07:49 AM   #265
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Oromin just cannot be an ordinary villager. No ordo would do what she's doing. She's either the cobbler or a wolf and should be gotten rid of swiftly. Before The Elf-Warrior, in my opinion, though I'd be glad to see him go, um......three days from now?

1- Kitanna

2- Oromin

3- Elf-Warrior

Yes, that's my list. Followed by Lhuna and maybe wilwa. But those two I am prepared to grant more time.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 07-30-2005 at 07:50 AM. Reason: You are my Lhuna! My lovely Lhuna!
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:49 AM   #266
Mischievous Candle

Quote:
May I ask why Ive earned so much suspision?
Do you really not know? I link here a few posts that support the suspicions (there are more, though).
Post #87 by me, #157 by morm, #217 by Kath, #226 also by Kath, #232 by me and #234 by lmp.

But I've found a good bunch of quotes that speak for wilwa's innocence.
#184 by TGWBS: "Durelin and wilwarin are innocent."
#223 by Oromin: "Lhuna and wilwa are my fellow wolves." Should we really believe?
#246 by Enca:"I do not know why everyone is casting so much blame on Wilwa; it is certainly unjustified." Could this mean that they are the Shirrifs?

See also my post #258 on this page.

I think it's our best interests to lynch Kitanna (and Elf-warrior if a dreadful curse is not casted upon us by certain Goddess) today and see what tomorrow brings. In other words: I agree with Eomer and mormegil.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:54 AM   #267
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally posted By Feanor of the Peredhil
Wilwa: innocent. She's but an inexperienced lass and her posts reflect it (in a good way, of course). I presume [maybe wrongly] that we would see some muddled subtlety if she was trying to hide anything.
and....

Quote:
Originally posted by the guy who be short

Wilwarin, I declare, is innocent. The wolves killed Feanor for picking Wilwa as an innocent in such a Seerish way, rather than for picking a wolf (though perhaps she did manage to name one or two; she named so many people that it's not unlikely).

Of course, there could be a little reverse psychology going on, with Wilwa as a wolf, but I like my theory enough to stick to it.
and...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mormegil
Wilwarin--I'm not as convinced of her innocence as was Fea. A bold wolf could kill somebody that thought her innocent and hope that somebody, another wolf perhaps, points out that no wolf would do that. This would implicate a TGWBS/Wilwarin team. Unless, of course, TGWBS is the victim of her ploy which I don't think is the case. I may vote her too.

It looks to me like this is what started the suspision on me. It all started because Fea thought me innocent. I find that ironic.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:11 AM   #268
mormegil
Maundering Mage

The problem with TGWBS and Fea saying your innocent especially Fea is that they really didn't know much of anything. Now if Fea had been the seer than you would be exonerated completely. It is a good thing that others found you innocent but being as they were not gifted it's not as convincing as you would hope. I think what has happened Wilwarin is that the first day most of us found you innocent but our opinion has been shifting steadily towards you. You will have another day or two to show your innocence...make it worthwhile.

Remember that TORE will not be around much today if at all so we cannot expect his vote, which is unfortunate because I think he is truly innocent.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:35 AM   #269
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
A rambling response to a bunch of posts...

Let's not do any mass lynchings. Take 'em one at a time. There's still enough of us.... if we get lucky and lynch three in a row, which it's beginning to look like we have a chance of doing, from my point of view.

Encaitare's post # 246 makes me think she's either the seer or a shirriff. More likely a shirriff. The sooner we have a good idea of who the shirriffs are, the better off the village is. If Enca is a shirriff, then Wilwa is the other. In which case it could be that Kitanna, Elf Warrior, and Oromin are the werewolves.

I'm quite convinced of the innocence of the following: Morm, Eomer, Kath, Estel, Spawn.

I'm thinking that if Encai is a shirriff, and Orom a werewolf, then Lhuna is the cobbler.

Elf Warrior, you're wrong. Kath's plan is at least as good as mine. And you're a werewolf. And since you're accusing Kath, I'm even more sure that she's innocent.

If Oromin has an extended absence, the Moddessgoddess will arrange her death anyway, and we don't have to worry about her.

But now Lhuna is acting very wolvish today (or cobblerish), especially if she's accusing Eomer.

Okay, now Saurreg is saying stuff that casts doubt where it doesn't belong. That, my friends, is wolvish behavior. If he's a werewolf, he's been doing a great job of hiding behind his sheep. Talk about a disguise!

Let it be said once and for all that voting for Kitanna today is not bandwagoning, but a serious and level-headed attempt to actually get rid of a werewolf.

So currently, my top suspects in order are:
Kitanna
Elf-Warrior

At a secondary level I'm not sure between:
Saurreg
Lhuna
Oromin

But as I said, if Oromin can't post, let the moddessgoddess arrange her death. Don't waste a lynching vote on her.

++ Kitanna

My computer's still broke, and I'm spending my allotted hour in the public library. This is it for me until Monday.

Edit: final thoughts: I still don't trust Elf-Warrior. If Kitanna turns out to be innocent (which would really, really surprise me), then we need to take a really careful look at Elf Warrior and Saurreg. If Oromin is actually a wolf, then Lhuna is the cobbler. If Oromin is not a wolf, she's the cobbler. Either way, don't worry about Oromin if she's extendedly absent.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-30-2005 at 08:42 AM.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:44 AM   #270
Mischievous Candle

I said this yesterday and I'll say it again. ++KITANNA!

Votes:

Orominuialwen
Oromin

Kitanna
morm
Eomer
Kath
lmp
spawn

wilwarin538
Saurreg

Kath
Elf-warrior

OOC: I just found out that we're heading for our summer cabin for two RL days which means that I might miss the whole Day4. There's a slight chance that I might be back to slip my vote in before Night5 but you shouldn't count on that.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:06 AM   #271
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Im heading to work now so I'll have to vote now.

++Kitanna

You most definetly wont hear from me again toDay.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:37 AM   #272
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Oh, why not?

++Kitanna
Old 07-30-2005, 09:42 AM   #273
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe *takes a drag on his pipe*

*Shakes cobwebs from brain*

Well, I'm back & I see a lot has been decided. Here are my thoughts on some of this:

Oromin: Wow. I doubt she is an innocent villager because going through the guise that she's going through would only confuse us, something no innocent should want. But if she is the cobbler than she is likely lieing about both wolves, there would be no reason for a cobbler to indicate who she/he really thinks are the wolves. I will vote Kitanna this round (I apoligize for the lateness of the vote, but it could not be helped, of course), but probably Oromin next round. While I think it would be a time-saver to have Moddessgodess make up a death for Oro instead of us having to lynch her I'm not sure that that will happen.

Leader Plan/Trials: I would obviously not be a big fan of the leader plan now that we seem to have three days worth of people lined up to lynch; although I appreciate the fact that morm would think me able enough for such a role if it weren't for my being so busy of late. Perhaps if we reach Monday & somehow the wolves are still among us we should revisit this idea? The trial plan seems like an unneeded addition to the game - there's nothing wrong with it, but I think we can accomplish the same thing without wasting half a day trying to organize the courtroom.

Kitanna: I have been suspicious of for quite some time, although I was beginning to waver a bit before this day. As for Elf-Warrior & Wilwa, I'm not quite sure. They will take more thinking about on my part. As I said, I would rather lynch Oro tommorrow instead of forcing her to drop out of the, er...village, because it seems like forcing her out would be undermining the, er...village.

Lhuna: Still not quite sure what to make of her. She accuses Eomer who I am probably the least worried about.

As I said, I will vote ++ Kitanna, but I hope to voice a few more opinions before Day has ended.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:11 AM   #274
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

My, my. I give you a new perspective on the game and what I get in return is your suspicion. How ironic is that.

Then again, stupid me forgot that that is how this whole thing really goes.

Quote:
Thanks Lhuna. I was feeling a bit weird without suspicion hanging over me.
My pleasure, dear.

You ask why a wolf-Eomer would kill Fea and attack lmp, the former wanting to keep you alive and the latter fairly certain of your innocence? To detract attention, that is why. Your behaviour indeed has not been wolvish - nobody has ever suspected you so far, except for this Lhunatic character. I am well aware that you are smart, and so as a werewolf you can play the game in the best possible way: without any suspicion being directed at you for failing to show any lycanthropic trait.

I know that this pathetic attempt of mine to let the villagers see you in a new light will not make you think I am any less suspicious. Indeed I know that it could possibly, in some way, cause me my dearly-held life. But I am willing to take such a gamble.

From what I have seen during this Day, it seems to me that we could successfully lynch our first werewolf. The connection between Kitanna and The Elf-warrior seems to make very good sense, too - so The Elf-warrior could be our next lynchee ceteris paribus. But I think wilwa could just be a confused innocent. As for Oromin, we probably need not bother about lynching her and just let the Moddess Goddess do her thing.

++KITANNA

On a final note, this could very possibly be the last time I will make sensible statements, for I fear that in the next Days my Lhunacy will get the better of me. You should have sought professional help for me as mormegil suggested. But then again, this could be my last post in the game.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:11 AM   #275
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay, a more-than majority has been reached for Kitanna's lynching, and I will be heading out for the afternoon here shortly. If you have any last minute comments to make, please make them quickly; I will probably be posting Kitanna's death a little early.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #276
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

I just could not resist...

Quote:
And that emotion you saw from me when her gift became apparent was genuine. Hey! We dancers are emotional to a fault.
Of course, it could have been genuine regret.

"Aww...too bad Oddwen was not the Seer!"

Old 07-30-2005, 10:25 AM   #277
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
LAST MINUTE COMMENT!!!!

++ KITANNA
meh...
Old 07-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #278
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

This time the villagers were certain they had pinpointed a wolf; everything about Kitanna pointed to a furry secret. Being so confident, the villagers were also eager to give their gallows another shot – after all, werewolves were supposed to be hung. No one knew why, exactly, but that was the way it was supposed to be done.

“Just give me a chance!” pleaded Kitanna. “I’m innocent, honest! I’ll… I’ll even point you in the direction of the real wolves!”

“Wolvish lies, all of it!” retorted the villagers. “You’d probably point out innocents, anyway.” There was nothing Kitanna could say to this, so she remained defiantly quiet.

The villagers had learned from their mistakes in more than one way – they were even willing to let their official executioner oversee the proceedings – so they said. As they drew nearer to the gallows their blood ran the hotter and the more mob-like they became. So while the executioner was allowed up to the gallows, he never actually had a hand in tying the noose, and he certainly did not get to use his axe, which he regretfully left leaning against the base of the gallows.

“I suppose you’ve figured out how to tie a slip-knot by now?” Kitanna asked sweetly.

“Shut your mouth, you wolf,” snapped a villager (the one who was trying and failing at getting a proper slip-knot tied). Finally, though, the rope was tied to everyone’s satisfaction and the noose was slipped around Kitanna’s neck. The shouts and jeers of the mob suddenly grew very quiet: here came the moment of truth.

They were about to pull the lever when with a startling snarl, Kitanna began to transform. Her nose lengthened into a snout, her chest broadened, and thick grey hair sprouted all over her body. Someone shrieked; another shouted, “Hang her! Now!” But the villager in charge of working the gallows was too stunned to move.

One level-headed villager thought quickly. With a stroke of brilliance, he snatched the executioner’s axe (once more, the mob had prevented their unfortunate executioner from reaching it) and, stepping as close to the raging wolf-Kitanna as he dared, took a wild swing at her neck.

In later days, some would debate whether it was luck or skill that guided the hand of the villager (most say luck). The axe did not slice through Kitanna’s neck as intended, but it did lodge between her shoulder blades, effectively severing her spinal column and paralyzing her. She hung limply from the noose, which finally worked though the gallows had never been activated, and soon suffocated.

Victorious at last, the villagers retired to their homes in rejoicing. After several innocents’ deaths, they had killed a werewolf.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Dancing Spawn
Elf-warrior
Encai
Eomer
Kath
Lhuna
LMP
Mormegil
Oromin
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Firefoot – drowned and burned by werewolves on Night 1
Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Fea (Ordinary Villager) – gutted and stuffed by werewolves on Night 2
Oddwen (Ranger) – killed by Nilp’s villager-provoked wolves on Day 2
Durelin (Hunter) – Deadheaded by werewolves on Night 3
TGWBS (Ordinary Villager) - Slain by Hunter on Night 3
Kitanna (Werewolf) – Paralyzed and hung by villagers on Day 3

Score:

Werewolves – 2
Villagers – 10

It is now Night 4. I need names from the Wolves and Seer; Shirriffs should stop PM'ing. Night will end in 24 hours.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:42 AM   #279
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

It was a drizzly sort of morning when the villagers awoke on the morning of Day 4. Quickly taking stock of their numbers (which, alas, was growing ever smaller) and found that [d]Dancing Spawn[/b] no longer lived among them.

What would they do without their beloved landlady? Absurd question: she had had but one tenant, already dead, and it was unlikely that any more would come to this mistakenly named village.

With these heavy thoughts in mind, the villagers headed off to Dancing Spawn’s lovely home. Today, the door was wide open and inside were signs of evident struggle. The front room was the room in which possible tenants had their first impression of Dancing Spawn’s ably run business, and she had always taken great pride in its appearance. Now, however, the curtains were shredded, the furniture in pieces, and the stuffing from the pillows had been ripped out. The wolves had clearly been on a rampage the previous night, and for good reason: the villager they had thought was the Seer was no seer at all. In fact, she was completely ordinary.

On the stairway, the fifth and sixth steps had been smashed in, revealing the contents of the closet beneath. It was into this closet that Dancing Spawn had been stuffed (through the hole in the stairs, not the door). The villagers saw clearly that she had been put through a lot of pain before being killed: her legs and arms were both twisted in such ways as no limbs were meant to be built. Finally satisfied with the painful punishment for not being the seer, the wolves had twisted her head around 180 degrees, instantly killing the unfortunate landlady.

Some thought she looked reminiscent of a pretzel; others merely saw a knot. Either way, it looked to have been an entirely unpleasant experience. Rather sickened by the sight, the villagers retreated outside, and for once, no one had anything to say.

~*~*~*~

Living:

Elf-warrior
Encai
Eomer
Kath
Lhuna
LMP
Mormegil
Oromin
Saurreg
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Firefoot – drowned and burned by werewolves on Night 1
Nilpaurion (Ordinary Villager) – beat piñata style and killed by villagers on Day 1
Fea (Ordinary Villager) – gutted and stuffed by werewolves on Night 2
Oddwen (Ranger) – killed by Nilp’s villager-provoked wolves on Day 2
Durelin (Hunter) – Deadheaded by werewolves on Night 3
TGWBS (Ordinary Villager) - Slain by Hunter on Night 3
Kitanna (Werewolf) – Paralyzed and hung by villagers on Day 3
Dancing Spawn (Ordinary Villager) – Twisted like a pretzel and stuffed in a closet by werewolves on Night 4

Score:

Werewolves – 2
Villagers – 9

It is now Day 4. Shirriffs may PM each other; werewolves should stop. Day will end in 24 hours.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:18 PM   #280
mormegil
Maundering Mage

What does everybody else think about the seer revealing themselves to us today? I say he/she should if they know enough information to make it worth while. Sadly the only person that can know for certain is the seer. They should use prudence in this but I believe I know who the seer is and will listen to that individual carefully.