The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2003, 10:12 PM   #41
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Changed my mind! After seeing that wonderful, spectacular, amazing ROTK tralier in the theater. I want to see the entire masterpiece Now!!!!<BR>Is there really still over 2 months to December? Much, much, too long of a wait. But I still think it will go kind of quickly though <p>[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 09-29-2003, 04:47 PM   #42
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Only 77 days 'til RotK comes out! I must download the trailer now, so I'll have to go.<P>P.S.The food's great everyone! And no, Knight of Gondor, there are no nuts in my fudge .
Old 09-29-2003, 08:41 PM   #43
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Shield

*Breathes* <P>I've seen the trailer, maybe five times now. This movie will be the singularly most awesome movie of this century, I just know it!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:47 PM   #44
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>This movie will be the singularly most awesome movie of this century, I just know it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree! <BR>This movie will rock the world, and blow everyone away. This preview has just made me so eager. I want to see it now!!!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 08:54 PM   #45
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> This preview has just made me so eager. I want to see it now!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Argh! Tell me about it... I wanna see it now! *sniffle* Can't...wait...much longer...<P>*grabs a little of all the food*<BR>*offers cupcakes*<P>I am now in a downloading spree and am downloading everything lotr.net has to offer... heh heh heh.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:07 PM   #46
Enorėiel
Wight

Enorėiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ah! I needed this support group BEFORE I saw the ROTK trailer but now that I've seen it... I'm DESPERATE!!!!!! How many more days is it? 76? That's too long!! Must- Oo! *grabs lembas* Mmmm... not bad. Can someone pass the cheesecake? Food always helps the wait....

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorėiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:17 PM   #47
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

The Physics teacher at my school claims that he controls time, so if all of you come over to my high school, he can send us forward in time, two months hence, so we can go watch Return of the King! What say you all?!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:35 PM   #48
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I say that the wait will do us good. Too much impatience in the world, too much "gimme it now". <P>Besides, if we all saw it now, then my Support Group post would come to naught!<P>By the way, I got an advanced edition of Aragorn and Brego: The Return of the King edition. Aragorn looks COOOL. So does Brego. Aragorn has his Elven dagger, but NO sheath for Narsil, just as I predicted.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 10-01-2003, 09:06 PM   #49
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No problem. I can move us all forward in time to the premier. Unfortunately, it will take us 76 days to get there. <P>H.C.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:48 AM   #50
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

the preview didnt help me i wanna see it so bad i cant WAIT till its in theaters SO CLOSE...yet so far...
Old 10-02-2003, 11:01 AM   #51
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>This movie will be the singularly most awesome movie of this century, I just know it! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yup, it definitely will...even though we are only three years into it so far... <BR>Yes, I think the wait will make it even better...we get too much stuff just about when we want it.<BR>So near and yet so far...
Old 10-02-2003, 11:37 AM   #52
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

*sigh* *has a few scoops of ice cream*<P>I could just watch the <I>trailer</I> for three hours, what is the whole thing going to be like... <P>I can wait.. I think.. I'm a bit sad though, because I don't want it to be over yet...

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 12:55 PM   #53
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Sting

Can I join in? You guys are so lucky. Where I live ROTK won't be out till around Feb 18th. How convenient just in time for my birthday like FOTR and TT. Man I cant wait.<p>[ October 30, 2003: Message edited by: Sleepy Ranger ]
Old 10-02-2003, 01:04 PM   #54
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

*waves to Enorėiel* Nice to see you here! <P>OMG, THAT TRAILER IS SO AWESOME!!! The signal from Minas Morgul, Nazgul divebombing Minas Tirith, sneaky evil Gollum, <I>SHELOB!</I> I can't wait for this movie!<P>But they hardly show Pippin at all! That's sad; Pippin's my favorite! I think I'll join up with Meela in being indignant that our favorite characters weren't shown in the trailer (Pip and Denethor, respectively). *sits in a corner, pouting and eating ice cream*<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-02-2003, 01:21 PM   #55
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

Am I the only one who hasn't seen the trailer yet? My great plan betrayed me...the computers at my school weren't able to play the trailer *sneef*<BR>Do I have to wate untill it's available in Windows Media format or what? Any suggestions?<BR>At meantime I can keep eating...and feel free to help yourselves grapes and strawberries! They're delicious!
Old 10-02-2003, 02:17 PM   #56
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

They did show one small shot of Pip, from the back. *scowl* <BR>Councilofelrond.com just posted a link for Windows Media and realplayer.<P><A HREF="http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2003/Lord-of-the-Rings_ROTK/trailer-page.html" TARGET=_blank>Here</A> it is.<P>I hope you can see it! <BR>Is anyone dressing up for the premier? My sister and myself have decided that we are. She's going hobbitish while I'm deliberating between Eowyn's green gown, Arwen's blood red dress, or one of my own design.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 03:08 PM   #57
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Ooo, grapes! Hannon le, dancing spawn! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Is anyone dressing up for the premier?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I am! I am going as a hobbit, but my costume is going to be kinda more Elvish (like Legolas's). It has to do with my LotR fanfic, so yeah. Click on my little homepage button above if you wanna check it out. I'm even going to temp-dye my hair to fit the character better.<P>And yes Oddwen, I know Pip was in the trailer. I'm just mad because he wasn't in there enough! There's that split second shot of him standing by Gandalf, and then the bit with Merry's line: "We will see the Shire again." Not near enough for my liking. Phoo.<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-02-2003, 03:25 PM   #58
Enorėiel
Wight

Enorėiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*waves back to Sapphire_Flame* Didn't expect to see you here *wink wink*<P>As for dressing up for the premere.... that all depends on who I go with, sadly most of my friends (I said MOST Ms. Sarah) are well... not anti-lord of the rings... more... shall we say... sane, non-obssesive lord of the rings fans. I really do want to dress up though! That'd be so awesome! Then, according to my brother I would be an offical 'Lord of the Rings Freak' A title which I am dying to hold . And besides... if I do plan on dressing up it'd at least help to keep me sane until the premere, right?

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorėiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 03:43 PM   #59
RRyan24

Sting

Boy am I glad this thread got started! I'm in direr need of a support group here! I'm driving my family crazy with all the RotK talk! But I simply cannot wait! And wonders of all wonders it will be realesed pretty close to my birthday! Of I feel so special! I think I'll stock up on posters and such until it comes out. I've seen the preview like a thousand times! AHHH!!!!! *squirms in her chair impatiently* ARG! Time will not pass quickly enough! *Grabs her favorite dessert...CHEESECAKE!*
Old 10-02-2003, 09:49 PM   #60
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I saw the trailer! IT WAS AWESOME!!! I'm going to go to the premiere in either my white Arwen dress (last year's Halloween costume) or in the Eowyn dress I'm making for this year. My little brother (who looks a lot like Elijah Wood) will probably go as Frodo (if he doesn't, he had better watch out !) I must have some more cheesecake to keep myself going until then! *begins to munch*
Old 10-03-2003, 02:31 AM   #61
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't see the other trailers either. <P>I'm dressing up on December 17th. I'm going as Mrs Denethor.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:15 AM   #62
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Sting

Quess what, my dear friends! I found a way to avoid the stupid security thing and just saw the trailer!!! I'm so over-happy now. Shelob was quite small though, or maybe it was just a part of it.<P>Thanks to Oddwen, who posted that link...now I can watch it in two different formats <P>I quess I'm not dressing up anything LotR related. It would seem little odd here when people haven't got used to it. Maybe just an elvish-like hair do or something.<P>ps.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:58 AM   #63
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I'm going as Mrs Denethor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Rock on, Meela. <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Didn't expect to see you here<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Didn't you, dearest Enorėiel? You know, you really should dress up for the premire. On the off chance that we'll see each other at the theater, at least, and you need to keep hold of what little sanity that Saruman the computer-killer hasn't driven away yet, right? <P>Congrats on finally being able to see the trailer, dancing spawn! *applauds happily* <P>Abedithon le,<BR>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-03-2003, 01:53 PM   #64
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I hope you don’t mind me joining in the fun. *sits down, lays down some chocolates* I just saw the trailer, again (for the 10th time? Something like that) and it’s awesome!!!! I can’t wait till the 17th of December. Why does it have to be so long till then? <BR>*grasps some popcorn* Jummie, popcorn! <BR>I think I’m going to need this group a whole lot until ROTK comes out. And afterwards… <P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:06 PM   #65
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

"Mrs. Denethor"? You're talking about Finduilas, right?<P>Oh and every time I watch the preview on the DVD for TTT, I keep thinking "I can't wait two and a half months! I need a time machine!"<P>*sigh*<P>In the meantime, I'm going to order some pizza. What do you want on it?
Old 10-03-2003, 02:08 PM   #66
Frodo2968thewhite
Haunting Spirit

Frodo2968thewhite has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Frodo2968thewhite
Ring

I've been sick all week, so everyday I watch TTT and the ROTK preview on the DVD. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! I NEED A SUPPORT GROUP!!!! HELP!!!!!!! *passes out*.............*wakes up* <BR> I might dress up, but if not, I'll wear a shirt that says, "Inaugural Golden Ring Marathon, October 20, 2005 FRODO LIVES!!!"<P>*passes out thinking of ROTK*
Old 10-03-2003, 02:09 PM   #67
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

What does 'Nevaer' mean?<P>I'm making a costume for my Textiles coursework, but I won't have finished it by the time it is released. I won't even be able to get to the premiere (despite me and my friends' cunning little plans on how to kidnap Mr. Bloom &co ).<BR>So I shall just be wearing my Ring on my finger (it is a silver one, it doesn't have a chain). Forget dressing up and being called a freak, I am called a freak for wearing the Ring. And it isn't like no one has heard of it (God forbid), because I asked my form when I did my speech (on guess what??), and only about 3 or 4 people hadn't seen it (out of 25). On the other hand only about 5 had read the books. <BR> Oh well...
Old 10-03-2003, 02:22 PM   #68
Aethelwine
Wight

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>What does 'Nevaer' mean? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, it's Navaer, and that goodbye/farewell in Sindarin. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>(despite me and my friends' cunning little plans on how to kidnap Mr. Bloom &co)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Really?! *eyes light up* Could you pretty please tell me them? Please?<P> I won't be able to dress up either. If I would do that, my life would be ruined. No really, nobody does those kind of things around here. And beside, I don't have a costume anyway. To bad...<P>I just say the trailer another two times. I'm hopeless. You know, I can already quote the hole thing! And the music, I just can't describe what it does to me... <P>How many days till December 17th?<P>Navaer! <P>Aethelwine.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:20 PM   #69
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> "Mrs. Denethor"? You're talking about Finduilas, right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, just me. I'm the new Mrs. Denethor
Old 10-03-2003, 03:23 PM   #70
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

*sits in and grabs the cheese and crackers* Hey guys. Talking about how great it's going to be will only make it worse, so I'll sit back, shut up, and get positive vibes from other patient peoples such as myself.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:41 PM   #71
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

73 days. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>My Tolkien senses are tingling![/quote<P>I love that quote! <P>[quote]I'm going as Mrs Denethor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> How creative!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I just saw the trailer, again (for the 10th time? Something like that)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BR>Only TEN??
Old 10-03-2003, 08:55 PM   #72
RRyan24

Sting

73 DAYS?!?!?! I don't think I can last that LONG!! Help! *grabs a handful of crackers*
Old 10-04-2003, 03:51 AM   #73
Mischievous Candle

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Congrats on finally being able to see the trailer, dancing spawn! *applauds happily* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Thank You, dear Sapphire!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I don't think I can last that LONG!! Help! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>That's why it's great that we have this support group! <P>The cellos and the music in whole in the trailer is just awesome! Can't wate the soundtrack.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:58 AM   #74
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> What does 'Nevaer' mean? <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Actually, it's Navaer, and that goodbye/farewell in Sindarin. <P>quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>(despite me and my friends' cunning little plans on how to kidnap Mr. Bloom &co)<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Really?! *eyes light up* Could you pretty please tell me them? Please?<BR> I won't be able to dress up either. If I would do that, my life would be ruined. No really, nobody does those kind of things around here. And beside, I don't have a costume anyway. To bad...<P>I just say the trailer another two times. I'm hopeless. You know, I can already quote the hole thing! And the music, I just can't describe what it does to me... <P>How many days till December 17th?<P>Navaer! <P>Aethelwine.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oops, sorry, I forgot the spelling. <P>Ok, it's a very stupid plan, but hey, we were bored.<BR>Basically the plan is that we sneak into the Odeon in Leicester Square (I think that's the one...) many hours beforehand. Or even the day before. We hide under the seats or something. There is one person in each screening room. If anyone finds out where the screening is being held, we text each other and stay in that room. We knock out whoever controls the curtains on the stage where they do their speech thing, after the screening I think. When they go up on stage we pull down the curtains. We whip out our guns and ropes and take the whole lot of them hostage. Then somehow we all escape. (Well, I did warn you it was stupid...we have to work it out somehow that we aren't lumbered with whoever else we don't want ). Oh yeah...what country are you in, Aethelwine, because if you aren't in England this plan will be no use to you whatsoever...
Old 10-04-2003, 08:48 AM   #75
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I hear that the soundtrack is coming out Nov. 25th. *drools* I can't wait either. I love the music especially at the end of the trailer. It's boo-ti-ful!

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 10:02 AM   #76
Aethelwine
Wight

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Ok, it's a very stupid plan, but hey, we were bored.<BR>Basically the plan is that we sneak into the Odeon in Leicester Square (I think that's the one...) many hours beforehand. Or even the day before. We hide under the seats or something. There is one person in each screening room. If anyone finds out where the screening is being held, we text each other and stay in that room. We knock out whoever controls the curtains on the stage where they do their speech thing, after the screening I think. When they go up on stage we pull down the curtains. We whip out our guns and ropes and take the whole lot of them hostage. Then somehow we all escape. (Well, I did warn you it was stupid...we have to work it out somehow that we aren't lumbered with whoever else we don't want).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <BR>Wow, that'll take a whole lot of work! But it's very creative! I wish I came up with something like that... <BR>And right now, I'm in the Netherlands. But I'm sure I can get a plane to England. I already want to go there (LOTR-exhibition in the Science museum in London ) so maybe I'll come! How many people do you have right now, for your plan? <BR>quote: <BR> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Only TEN?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BR> <BR>I know, I'm so ashamed... <P>Navaer! <P>Aethelwine.<P>EDIT: Sorry, something went wrong with the computer, again... <p>[ October 04, 2003: Message edited by: Aethelwine ]
Old 10-04-2003, 10:34 AM   #77
Calavanya
Pile O'Bones

Calavanya has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Whhhell, I'll have to wait awhiiiileeee longer than you guys from England, etc., to see the beloved movie. So I mourn, but yet I hope to be saved and the hope's with me, just as it was with our dear Ringbearer on his way to Mordor...And I'll have hilarious fits on every anniversary of the day I see it. In the meantime, I live... poorly, but live...
Old 10-04-2003, 11:22 AM   #78
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And right now, I'm in the Netherlands. But I'm sure I can get a plane to England. I already want to go there (LOTR-exhibition in the Science museum in London ) so maybe I'll come! How many people do you have right now, for your plan? <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oooh I'm going to that on 19th December!!! (It being a weekday, so cheaper, and also the day after we break up for Christmas!!!)<BR>Hmm I haven't really put the plan forward, but I'm sure I could scrape together about *writes down a list of people* 14 people, including me...that could work (ok, I hope you do realise that we aren't <I>really</I> serious about this, don't you...don't you? *looks scared* I mean, I would and all, but the amount of trouble I'd get into....argh!!!<BR>In the meantime we can work on the plan
Old 10-04-2003, 11:35 AM   #79
Aethelwine
Wight

<B>Elentari</B>, of course I know you aren't serious about it. I think... <BR>14 people, ey? Well, maybe I can get some people over here to join to. But it won't be that much! Let me see... that'll be about five people, including me. Not very impressive, I know. But I'm sure 19 will be enough to cover the plan.<P>Were do we have to be exactly?<P>And still 72 days to go, right? *grasps some crakers* It'll be hard, but I can survive! I know it!!! I think...<P>Navaer! <P>Aethelwine.<p>[ October 04, 2003: Message edited by: Aethelwine ]
Old 10-04-2003, 01:23 PM   #80
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

I am resisting the urge to see the trailer, because I didn't see the trailers for FotR or TTT and some interesting things happened. I will of course watch it after I have seen the movie! Call me weird, whatever, I am.<P>I brought apples, in honour of Pippin! Also butterscotch lifesavers, because they look like rings, and look! More lembas bread! (I love to quote!)<P>*Elennar goes to nibble on some food* yummy...