The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2006, 08:19 AM   #481
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Oh dear... I've been caught in my shenanigans again...

I had a dream several nights ago that I've been trying to remember. Thus far, all I can salvage was this:

There were three of us, and we were standing. The room wasn't well lit, and my companions were older than me; men. I suspect that there may have been a hearth fire. I stood by, not overly active in the conversation; or perhaps I had been, but now listened to what they had to say. It pertained to me, so I was interested. The older man said something and Kuruharan spoke in my favor. He wore a waistcoat; strange that I should remember that detail.

Wish I knew what it was, and why Kuru was speaking for me... I'm so fascinated by my own admittedly odd dreams...
Old 07-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #482
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I've been hoping and hoping to have a Downs dream for quite a while, and I finally had one a week and a half ago.

I was sure I'd have a dream involving Werewolves, and that Fea, SPM, Di, Spawn, Boro, Kuru, morm, and a few other WW regulars would show up.

But it wasn't like that at all. It was weird.

In my dream, I was on a computer at my school logged in on a website with a bunch of my RL friends and we were IMing, and then this message popped up that I had been added as a friend by some girl named Veronica. There was a picture of a blonde girl next to her name and I knew that I'd seen her before, but I didn't know who she was. Then I looked down the row from me in the computer lab and saw her sitting there.

I asked her why she had added me, and she said "Phantom, you dummy- it's me, Lush." And I said, "No, your name is Natalia," but she answered with something like "Yes, yes, but it's also Veronica." And for some reason, my dream-self thought that her answer somehow made sense.

So then I asked her if there were any more Downers on the site, and she said, "No, there are only Russians on this site." I told her that it wasn't true because my friends on that site didn't live in Russia, but she said something like "How do you know they didn't move from Russia?" Now, none of them did move from Russia, but in my dream I didn't know that for sure, so I figured that all my friends must have moved from Russia. (I'm not sure why I didn't ask her about why I was a member of the site)

So anyway, yeah... really strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
and then Laura Bush was chasing me
Not as weird as that though.

Though I have had a dream in which the Bush twins chased me, and I let them catch me of course.

Last edited by the phantom; 10-07-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: sp
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:26 AM   #483
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I woke up this morning remembering two dreams about fellow downers, now I can only remember one and that makes me sad. . .

For some reason I decide to go to Paris. In Paris I find this Hostel who apparently is also The Barrow-Downs Head Quater! But I am told that I cannot stay/get a room there unless I go to the Super Market and buy what ever grosserys the HQ kitchen needs. I then go out into the kitchen where I meet Abercrombie, she tells that she only arrived a few days ago and do not know what is needed. I then look into the fridge, wich only contains one giant piece of pastry. The pastry has a note saying "Abercrombie" on it. Abercrombie insists that she did not buy it, but Estelyn did. Apparently Estelyn does all the shopping for BD HQ and I have to talk to her. . .

After this it becomes blurry and I only remember bits.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:08 AM   #484
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
it was either this morning or the morning before, but i had this wierd dream where i got 1000 rep points by like everyone, including the Phantom, Esty, Abercrombie, Rune and umm...the Barrow-wight, and all he says is "that'll do Gil, that'll do...NOW MAKE ME A HUNDRED MORE"

i guess i made a cool thread...
Old 07-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #485
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I dreamt that I had a child and called it Estelyn.

For this I blame Fea and her mad anagramming yesterday. I am allowed to do this, because the baby had a tail!
Old 07-21-2006, 03:46 PM   #486
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
My sincerest apologies to Kath, Esty, and any offspring Kath ever happens to create.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:01 AM   #487
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I dreamt I was reading a post by Encai. I can't remember what it said in the first half but the second half was directed at me. It said something along the lines of:

Quote:
TGWBS - While all the maps and graphs and charts are nice, do some serious posting
I think it's a sign. ATM2, I'm coming!
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:21 AM   #488
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Yeah, come on, Guy! What's the matter with you?!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:03 PM   #489
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Okay, I had a really odd one last night.

Well, it started off with me making a mental picture of what was happening in The Darker Days RPG. I saw (if you've been following or for the players of the game) the fire, the man on the ground with Elfride (Mithalwen) and Mayonnette (Crystal Heart), Léoflic (me) running towards the fire with the men to douse it, Thomas (Witch_Queen) at the top of the hill, Hama (Hama of the RiddermarK) and Edhener (Dimutriel) trying to put out the fire and Cordelia (Cordelia Harrison) and Garnae (The Sixth Wizard) on the ground as well.

Then, for some wierd reason, my dream shifted to me and my family. It was kind of like the Shinning where the father is trying to kill his family. The wierd part is that my father was Saucy!!

It was really wierd... Dr. Dream? Help!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #490
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Saucepan Man shows up as the father figure again!!!!!!

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #491
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

A while back now, I dreamt I went to the Phantom's house. I can't remember the reason, I think it had something to do with him borrowing something mine. Anyway...
At his house I discovered that there was an Alien living in his loft. Phantom was very annoyed by the Alien and was continuously trying to get rid of it with a large stick. This became the inspiration to The Downer's weekly comic "The Phantom and Alien".

Still, it was an odd occurrence.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #492
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
It was kind of like the Shinning where the father is trying to kill his family. The wierd part is that my father was Saucy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Saucepan Man shows up as the father figure again!!!!!!
Yeah, some father figure ...

Actually, Glirdan seems effortlessly to have combined both of my common dream roles: father figure and attacker ...
Old 07-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #493
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dr. Dream Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Okay, I had a really odd one last night. ... Then, for some wierd reason, my dream shifted to me and my family. It was kind of like the Shinning where the father is trying to kill his family. The wierd part is that my father was Saucy!! .... It was really wierd... Dr. Dream? Help!!!
Quite simply really, you're afraid that some authority figure is going to axe something in your life that appears on the surface to be out of control.

Hookbill: a phantom borrowing something from you, stuck with, and 'sticking', an annoying alien. Phantoms are not real. Aliens are not real. Something not real has borrowed something from you and is hitting something else that is not real with a stick. Simple, Hooky, you're delusional. Your dreams are trying to let you know.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:02 AM   #494
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I dreamt I was standing in the enclosure where Tolkien kept his bins. Now, they had been replaced by the modern black, green and brown bins of Britain. I can't remember what I was doing there (what can you do in a small fenced bin enclosure?) but Sleepy was there working out.

The weird thing was, I couldn't see him. I just knew he was there. There wasn't even room to work out in the bin enclosure.

I'll go lie down now, shall I?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:19 PM   #495
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
There were several BDers and some real life friends of mine in this really big room that looks like it's part of a department store. While I was looking inside a glass cabinet at something on display, Fea approached me to tell me that Alli had become an integral part of her, and somehow that was my fault. She wasn't blaming me; she even seemed happy about it. But I didn't catch any of what she said other than "Alli."

Then Fea disappeared in a manner that happens only in dreams, and I had to look for her to clarify what she just told me. I walked along the hallway towards the other side of the really big room, which looked more like a dormitory. I saw Enca about to enter one of the smaller rooms, one which I knew was where she, Fea, and some other female BDers (I think) stayed.

Upon opening the door, she suddenly shrieked, "Fea!"

I was afraid that something bad happened to Fea so I screamed as well, then asked Enca what it was.

"She's alive!" she said.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:12 AM   #496
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hahahaha! That's awesome, Lhuna. It's aliiiiiiiiive!!!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:47 PM   #497
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

So I had two dreams about a week ago, and have only just got round to writing them up. Details will be missing. They are no longer in my brain.

The first dream involves a certain Feanor. I climbed up some stairs and entered some university dorms. They were empty, other than a bed and some very sparse furnishings. I was confused. Where was Fea?

I think a girl may have led me into the room next door, though it is possible I went myself. This too was frighteningly empty.

The third room contained Feanor. It also contained lots and lots of other female uni students. They were all cowering, crunched up in balls on the floor. They seemed to be awaiting something terrible. I don't remember what.

The next dream contains Formendacil. I was in San Francisco. I have never been to this city before. The dream version was extremely futuristic and clean; there seemed to be a lot of young emo skater guys, from what I can remember.

Scientists in the city had just discovered four genes that proved that women were not natural creatures - they had been engineered. Along comes Form, who fills the religious father figure archetype in my mind, despite his age. I can't remember what he said. Probably something religious. I think he had a few brothers round him.

So, there you go. Ponder into my mind if you so will. Do not expect to find much therein in the way of logic.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:10 PM   #498
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
They seemed to be awaiting something terrible. I don't remember what.
Perhaps the terrifying and awful Tugwubs?
Old 08-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #499
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dr. Dream speaks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
The third room contained Feanor. It also contained lots and lots of other female uni students. They were all cowering, crunched up in balls on the floor. They seemed to be awaiting something terrible. I don't remember what.

I was in San Francisco. I have never been to this city before. The dream version was extremely futuristic and clean; there seemed to be a lot of young emo skater guys, from what I can remember.

Scientists in the city had just discovered four genes that proved that women were not natural creatures - they had been engineered. Along comes Form, who fills the religious father figure archetype in my mind, despite his age. I can't remember what he said. Probably something religious. I think he had a few brothers round him.
Formy said, "women are evil". And the girls were cowering at you because you would become one of the futuristic scientists. This is obviously a dream about you having power over girls because of your superior intellect and thus your ability to manipulate women who are basically manipulable anyway to those who are technicians of the female machine.

And now the females who read this will become extremely insulted and react in an overly emotional way, thinking up various verbal derogations to hurl in the general direction of manhood. And of course, having been called out for what they were ready to do, will be flummoxed and forced to think instead of just feel.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-28-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #500
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

The problem with the above theory is that the Fea dream preceded the Formy dream by a good two days.

I have no desire to have power over women. Power isn't something I like. It detracts from happiness, as I understand it, which is far more important.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #501
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dream about Fea:

Fea: That all depends on how you view Fea

School: Can relate to anxiety regarding performance or spiritual lessons that you are learning in waking life

Stairs: Walking up a set of stairs indicates an achievement of higher understanding

Searching: Something is missing in your life, or you are looking to solve a problem

Rooms: Rooms often represent hidden aspects of our minds, personalities, or relationships

Empty Rooms: Emptiness represents fruitless labor or that something is missing in your life

Woman: A woman that you know often represents feelings of concern for that woman, women also represent caring and nuturing or temptation

Fear: Represents a percieved self-doubt or lack of control

Waiting (for the terrible thing): A percieved lack of control, or an anxiety regarding a future event.

So, briefly, something is missing in your life, and you're attempting to gain higher understanding through some spiritual lesson. Fea (or whatever she represents to you) is what you precieve to be the source of the spiritual lesson. The first rooms are empty, re-emphasizing that something is missing. Finding Fea and multiple other women crumpled in fear shows an extreme lack of control regarding some event to come.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:49 PM   #502
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Rooms: Rooms often represent hidden aspects of our minds, personalities, or relationships
Quote:
I have no desire to have power over women. Power isn't something I like. It detracts from happiness, as I understand it, which is far more important.
Perhaps the females in the room represent your feminine or sensitive side, which is afraid of or feels threatened by your more masculine side.

And lmp I would get more upset except that I can't be bothred, knowing you're just flailing for attention. Plus the whole idea of TGWBS as a technician of the female machine is just indescribably funny.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:32 AM   #503
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had a dream last night but I'm not entirely sure if it belongs here or in the LotR dream thread. Anyway.

I was Frodo, and I was in a forest with a whole load of other members of the Fellowship. I can only remember a few but I'm pretty sure that lmp was Aragorn and I think Encai was Merry. We were all sitting around in this marquee and someone (I think Diamond) was trying to teach us how to speak properly. As in, when you spoke it was big and booming and everyone turned round to look and listen. lmp/Aragorn picked it up straight away and so did I but Di was about ready to whack Sam over the head with something because he just couldn't get it.

After we'd been doing this a while there was some kind of attack, which I believe was begun by Gil. We all run around the marquee trying to find our packs but I can't find mine anywhere. For some reason no one can get into the marquee so I have plenty of time to look but when I eventually find it the top is missing.

And that's it. Dream Doctor, feel free to have a field day with that.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:52 AM   #504
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Dr. Dream flails.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
And that's it. Dream Doctor, feel free to have a field day with that.
Clearly an ATM2 induced dream.

Anakron becomes Aragorn, the resemblance being obvious already.

Di is Skittles is of course, and is teaching the rest of us how to do things "over the top".

And Sam is obviously Hookbill aka that silly Dwarf who can't get anything right.

You, Kara, my dear, are picking up how to be bombastic quite nicely, except you've lost your lid.

(Off with her head?)

Just a flailing guess.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:39 AM   #505
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
And Sam is obviously Hookbill aka that silly Dwarf who can't get anything right.
Ah! Abuse.

I had an odd dream last night. It's started very Downs related. I dreamt that LMP was actually building a Mount Zoom. Along with several other Downers, I went to see this thing and all we saw was LMP driving it around being chased by the other Mount Zoom Challenge vehicles. After that, it started to go weirder and I can't remember the rest...

It inspired this, though:

It's not great, I know, but I'm not too experienced with animation...
Old 08-30-2006, 08:07 PM   #506
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I was lying half awake this morning, and for some reason I started thinking of the Personal Title thread and came up with these:

Un/Winged Death From Below (This one almost woke me up in alarm..."No, I have to add an optional "Un"! Davem and the non-wingers would kill me!)
A Cold Death Unsung
Dead Star in the Black Wind
Cold Handed, Hearted and Boned
Here on Stone Still Let Me Lie

Feel free to use one if you've a mind.

Last edited by Oddwen; 08-30-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:28 PM   #507
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

lmp ... well, nice attempt.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:04 PM   #508
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Disturbing !

I had two Barrow-Downs Dreams last night, one of them was kind of disturbing. . .

Dream nr. 1

I dreamt that TORE had made a video and send it out on The Barrow-Downs. In the video he is sitting in a bus, looking into the camera while greeting certain Downers. He then goes on to talk about how he really likes this grey building. . . The camera zooms in on the Grey building. I recognise the building as a rather dull and anonymous building next to the Copenhagen City Square. . . I ask TORE when he was in Copenhagen, but he refuses to answer.

Dream nr. 2

I dreamt that Valesse had moved into the house next door. We had been talking for a bit and at some point she tells me that her family has to send troops to invade our house! However she doesn’t want anything to happen to me, therefore she gives me a Kevlar-vest and a helmet. She also tells me that it is not real guns the troops will use so I have nothing to fear. The will only use plastic bullets which can be painful, but seldom dangerous. I hide in my room and find my air-gun, preparing to defend my self. As I go to close my door the troops storm the house and shoots me. I fall to the ground and they come over and cut my throat. . . I then realise that if I am dead I cannot talk to Valesse anymore so I decide that I am not dead!

I then go into Valesse and ask if she can hangout the next day, she replies “of course, but you will have to come with me and my parents to whiskey tasting” I agree and meet her parents. Valesse and her parents goes to bed, but I stay in the living room. Then one of my friend drops by and we start playing LotR Risk, after a while another of my friends drops by. He puts on some rather loud music, resulting in Valesse’s parents waking up and asking why there are 2 random guys in their house. Then I wake up.

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 08-31-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:07 PM   #509
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i dreamt that Hookbill realized that he would be nothing without his Barrow-Dwons Products thread and his Downers newspaper thread! its the source to his weakness! we must exploit it now! to the war-room!

so basically Hokbill was a secret tyrant of the thread, like the Emperor if you will, manipulating the sides and me and some loyal men (me, rune, saucepan, davem) embark on a quest to save the kingdom of the barrowdowns and awaken the Barrow-wight and restore grace, Esty and Feanor battle for barrow-wights domain while Hookbill, as i said, plays in both sides. i never finished the dream so i don't know how it ends... something with spawn sacrifing herself for us and davem betraying us but then betraying hookbill to save us... its rather confusing... Barrowdowns Final Fantasy i guess...

EDIT: also hookbil has two super-items we are going to destroy to rid the downs of him BDP and the BNP, you know what each of them means.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:01 AM   #510
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
so basically Hokbill was a secret tyrant of the thread
They're on to me! Quick! To the Goomba copter!
Old 09-01-2006, 02:33 AM   #511
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Clearly an ATM2 induced dream.

Anakron becomes Aragorn, the resemblance being obvious already.

Di is Skittles is of course, and is teaching the rest of us how to do things "over the top".

You, Kara, my dear, are picking up how to be bombastic quite nicely, except you've lost your lid.

(Off with her head?)

Just a flailing guess.
Apparently Frodo had more than just his finger bitten off. Someone tried to put him back again. Thus, Igor.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:23 AM   #512
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
I dreamt that TORE had made a video and send it out on The Barrow-Downs. In the video he is sitting in a bus, looking into the camera while greeting certain Downers. He then goes on to talk about how he really likes this grey building. . . The camera zooms in on the Grey building. I recognise the building as a rather dull and anonymous building next to the Copenhagen City Square. . . I ask TORE when he was in Copenhagen, but he refuses to answer.
It probably has something to do with me having a dull, drab fashion sense and being too ashamed to talk about it.

I'm interested to hear Dr. Dream on this one...
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #513
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Dr. Dream responds flailingly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
Okay, TORE, as if I could resist such a request: The Only Real Hope (Estel) is the video's announcer. Rune can't get Hope to explain about the Grey Building. Rune therefore doesn't know what he's hoping for, and fears that his only real hope is associated with drab Copenhagan.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:46 AM   #514
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Did he just call "my" town for drab !?

Clearly Dr. Dream is an un-inlightened soul that has never sat foot in Wonderful Copenhagen. . .

Old 09-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #515
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
I finally dreamt of Downers.

I was talking to Hookbill, Daniel Radcliffe(Harry Potter) and a couple of other guys from my past during a boarding school class that actually met in a Greyhound bus. The seats were shorter and arranged to face each other in small groups.

Suddenly, I was asked politely to go talk with some of the girls in class because the guys needed some male-bonding time-so I did.

The dream then took me and Hookbill to a meadow lined with pine trees where Son of Numenor had a barber's chair out in the middle of it. He proceeded to cut Hookbill's hair in a mop style. It was a bit of a hackjob (sorry SoNo) so I showed Bill how one could use gel and the hair would look like it was done on purpose in a cool way. Then we walked out of the meadow hand-in hand. I woke up.

P.S.- Don't worry Hookbill, in my dream I was 15 -thinner, prettier and unattached
Old 09-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #516
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I dreamt of Bethberry, my great-grandfather (that I never met) and somebody else that could have been anyone. The setting was about 50 years ago and we were in a house. Beth was playing with clay on a potter's wheel. She spun the wheel and drew a tall bowl with rainbow swirls of clay. The rest of the dream doesn't really pertain to the 'Downs though.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:09 AM   #517
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
He proceeded to cut Hookbill's hair in a mop style. It was a bit of a hackjob (sorry SoNo) so I showed Bill how one could use gel and the hair would look like it was done on purpose in a cool way.
Interestingly enough, I did indeed used to have my hair in a 'mop style' and I do now gel it (only when I plan to go out in public... which is not often). So... Are you spying on me? Are you a Spook?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #518
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Two nights in a row? Weird.

I dreamt last night about Esty. In her world travels, she found herself, with her husband, of all places, at a family reunion of mine. The location was a combination of my grandparents' farm, a local lake, and Harkness (a Connecticut beach). I didn't know she was there until my baby cousin (from the other side of my family, mind you, because my dreams are soooo logical) pointed to her from my arms with a big smile and insisted upon being held by her. Esty, being very accomodating, completely and totally enjoyed the fact that Breanna immediately loved her and didn't want to be put down.

Dr. Dream?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #519
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I dreamt of Bethberry, my great-grandfather (that I never met) and somebody else that could have been anyone. The setting was about 50 years ago and we were in a house. Beth was playing with clay on a potter's wheel. She spun the wheel and drew a tall bowl with rainbow swirls of clay. The rest of the dream doesn't really pertain to the 'Downs though.
Obviously in your dreams I engage in a great deal of sub-creation, Fea. It sounds like more fun than looking into a bowl, Galadriel-like.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #520
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

There are a lot of personal elements in your dream.

What do you associate with your granparents farm, this local lake, and Harkness Beach?

Also, what do you associate with Esty?