Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2007, 08:15 AM   #361
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Child,

Your turn. My lead-in is up.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #362
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Crystal Cobweb I hope that you're now fully recovered. I have finally got round to replying to Jadelen so if you're here, take it away!
Old 04-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #363
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
No, I have not. I think I PMed him a while back, but it seems that he at least opened it...I'll check, but that would have been the last movement of life I'd seen from him recently.

I checked his profile and it just says "Offline", it doesn't say when he was last on.

-- Folwrne
Well let me know what you hear, Kuric is getting a bit bored
Old 04-11-2007, 02:48 PM   #364
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Mormegil,

If Manwe doesn't show, would you possibly be interested in getting Kuric somehow entangled in the children's subplot? It's the one that Tevildo did a post on today and I am planning to answer him with Tolman. Confession....at this point, we actually have no idea what Tolman threw down on the table.

We were batting around some possiibilities by pm. Nothing is really decided yet. Haven't even had a chance to get Folwren's input but of course we are going to do that since she also has a child. Anyways, if you'd like to be involved in the planning or writing, just give the word to Tevildo or myself. It would be fun for us to come up with a little slice of life that's just a bit more "plot driven" than recent posts have been....nothing like a full fledged RPG, of course, which would be inappropriate for the Inn, but some kind of scrape the kids could get themselves involved in....

(And if anyone else would like to latch onto this, let us know.)
Old 04-12-2007, 12:15 AM   #365
MaskedNicci
Pile O'Bones

Location: At that in-between place between fantasy and reality - between grown-up and child.
MaskedNicci has just left Hobbiton.
Yay! Some first interactions with my new character! She's been there all of five minutes, and she's already soaking wet. I love it...what a brilliant idea... Nothing like a dripping-wet elf to make matters interesting. Thanks for the...erm...ale-filled welcome!

Oh-ho! I remembered to take my siggy out of my post this time 'round. I'm learning.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:59 AM   #366
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yes. All of five minutes. Leave it up to me to make things exciteable. ()

You're quite welcome for the welcome. I needed to get both you and Finduilas moving. I've seen too many characters come in and sit down and never move again.

-- Folwren
Old 04-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #367
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Child I am very interested, in fact, the original idea was to have the children pester poor master Kuric. Let's wait a day or two for Manwe to respond to Folwren and then if nothing I'll simply tell the ranger that I'm bored with his conversation and going to my room, which will make me involved as I'm right next to the ruffian children.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #368
Child of the 7th Age

Mormegil - Sounds good. I am crazy busy today but once I get my head screwed on right I'll drop you an email to tell you what Tevildo and Folwren and I have been thinking.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:20 AM   #369
Child of the 7th Age

Mormegil, Folwren, Tevildo -

I've put some ideas into a pm. Please let me know how it sounds.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #370
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
Mormegil, Folwren, Tevildo -

I've put some ideas into a pm. Please let me know how it sounds.
Yes I know...clear you mailbox and you will get my reply
Old 04-17-2007, 05:44 AM   #371
Child of the 7th Age

Sorry Mormegil! It all piled up at once. Mailbox cleared.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:35 AM   #372
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Did you get my reply yesterday, Child? It wasn't very insightful, just agreement.

-- Folwren
Old 04-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #373
Child of the 7th Age

Folwren,

Yes, thanks! Tevildo also said to forge ahead. I'll wait to get Mormegil's response (me bad about the mailbox!) and then post.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #374
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

There. I just forwarded his PM to you. I'm impatient.

-- Folwren
Old 04-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #375
Child of the 7th Age

PM received! I am cranking up Tom for later today.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #376
Child of the 7th Age

I've heard from Mormegil and we're all set to go ahead. I posted for Tom, showing the others the key.

There's no rush though as Kuric still needs to disentangle himself from his present conversation. I think the kiddos will have plenty to do pillaging around the other rooms before they get to Kuric's.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #377
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Excellent. I'll see what I can do today for Lil.

And Nicci and Fin - I'm ready for either of you to post with Dick.

-- Folwren
Old 04-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #378
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Hey guys remember me? I want to get back into RPing! I miss my old days of being a LotR addcit ^_^ I know everyone can join the Inn, but I just thought I'd post a warning that you'll have someone new
Old 04-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #379
Child of the 7th Age

Hi, Elentari! I definitely remember you.

We played together in Hunt for the Dragon back in the summer of 2003. Glad to hear you are thinking of writing again. I know there's a new game under development. I believe this one will be in the Shire. I'll pass the word along and you can keep your eyes open for a discussion thread. Meanwhile you may want to post in the Golden Perch. The rules for the new Inn are a little different. You put up a profile on the discussion thread and it's approved by Folwren who is the Innkeeper. Then you go ahead and post. Just read the beginning of this thread and you'll see how it's slightly changed from the Dragon.

A few of us are working on an Inn subplot for hobbit children who get into some mischief in the Inn. If you have an interest in that, let me know. Or you're welcome to develop another character of your choosing. If Pio or I can be of any help, just drop one of us a note.

- Child
Old 04-18-2007, 12:07 PM   #380
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mainly for Kath...

Have you heard anythong from Crystal Cobweb? I will post for RPG Mith by the end of the week I hope (I have TOM and EMH posts do do first) - only so as to know if you want to be extracted from your situation or leave Cir the Younger to face the music alone for a while.... I thought it might be funny to have him try osanwe kenta to warn you but you to ignore him because youthink he is trying to apologise

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #381
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Child,

I've popped in once of twice since I stopped posted here in early '06, and I saw the Inn when it was still fairly new. Have read the stuff on the first posts before, but I will definately read them again. I need to get back into the swing of writing properly. Way too much chat speak! My books are just getting left unwritten due to lack inspiration. I'm hoping writing here again will help ^_^ Got to decide what my character's going to be like though, because I never really think it through enough. May use a non-LotR character I have and just push her into Middle Earth, lol. ^_^
Old 04-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #382
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh, also, what are peoples views on Half-Elves? My character's a half-elf, but I'm not sure how Tolkien had them, whether the elf traits or the human traits are stronger. I was thinking about having my character as a half elf with no elven traits and she doesnt know her father was an elf. Would that work? Just realised I really shouldnt use this character because she's in one of my books, lol. I'll created a new character based on her though, seeing as she wasn't a LotR character anyway. But now I have to come up with a new name.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #383
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I thought half-elves were a no no here?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 04-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #384
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElentariGreenleaf
Oh, also, what are peoples views on Half-Elves? My character's a half-elf, but I'm not sure how Tolkien had them, whether the elf traits or the human traits are stronger. I was thinking about having my character as a half elf with no elven traits and she doesnt know her father was an elf. Would that work? Just realised I really shouldnt use this character because she's in one of my books, lol. I'll created a new character based on her though, seeing as she wasn't a LotR character anyway. But now I have to come up with a new name.
Hm. Half-elven? I-I...I'm not sure. The first few posts of this thread have all the rules and information and stuff about the Golden Perch. You may want to go back and read that. But this is there among other things:

Quote:
Types of characters allowed:

Hobbits
Men
Elves
Dwarves

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character types that are not allowed:

Orcs
Easterlings, Southrons, and any other men of an evil race
Animals (as main characters)
Any other creature or persons not mentioned in 'Types of characters allowed'
I'm inclined to think that half-elven characters should not be allowed. It didn't happen very often in Tolkien's books, and when it did, it was extremely special. As to what happened to the kids, well...there was always some big to do about them. Elrond and his brother, were they not sons of and elf and man? Didn't one get to choose if he were to be immortal and take after elves (Elrond) and the other that he'd be mortal? And I don't know about Beren and Luthien's children...

I would prefer it if you just made her full elf or full man.

Thanks! And welcome here! I look forward to your character and her entrance to the inn.

-- Folwren
Old 04-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #385
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, just in case I'll do a human ^_^ Dont know why, but I've never done a Hobbit character. Mabye I should :/ Ah, yup, just read in the character form that half elves are a no no ^_^ Well, expect to see a character description from me soon. Be it human or hobbit, only Eru knows

[edit] just saw your post Folwren ^_^ Will stick to full races. I'm so out of touch with this site, lol
Old 04-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #386
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elentari - your character bio has been posted to the character list for the inn on page 1. ~*~ Pio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME: Lynaata

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: A small dagger she picked up in Bree. The hilt has an intricate design, but all the jewels have been removed by thieves, the dagger discarded as it is of no value.

APPEARANCE: Lyn is tall and slim, perhaps too slim. When she arrived in Stock her hair was unkempt and in need of a thorough wash. Her eyes are dark brown, as is her long hair. She wears a simple green dress, the colour of which has faded with age. On her feet she wears an old, tatty pair of leather boots, quite obviously designed for a man with much larger feet than her own.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Lyn is a very shy and timid person, due to her upbringing (see history). She believes she has no strengths, although during her life in Bree she developed quick reflexes to avoid beatings. Lyn believes nothing she does is good enough, although she does her best to please. Although she cannot write, she is good with words from listening to wealthy men talking in the inn where she used to work.

HISTORY: Lyn never knew her blood parents. The couple who adopted her believed they could not have children of their own, so when a babe, Lyn, was left at the gates of Bree they volunteered to care for the child as their own. However, when Lyn was five years old, her "mother", Tara, fell pregnant. When Tara and Peter's son, Ian, meaning "gift from god", Lyn's life changed dramatically. Her parents no longer cared for her, no longer did they shower her with gifts, for they were not poor, though nor were they rich. Tara decided that once Lyn was eleven she should work to earn her keep.

Lyn found a job as a maid at a little known inn a small distance from Bree. The work at the inn was hard for an eleven year old, but the kind hearted Innkeeper took pity on her. For five years Lyn enjoyed her work as a maid spent more time at the Inn than her home. But good things never last, as Lyn learned long ago, and so it was that the old Innkeeper passed away. His son, who took over the business, was a brutal man, and had never liked Lyn. He claimed Lyn used her looks to win his father's favour. He took it upon himself to beat her for every little mistake, even if there were none he would invent one. Her father, Peter, cared little of this, as he had always beaten her himself when he was drunk or in a fowl mood.

On Lyn's seventeenth birthday, Peter made an offer to the Innkeeper, Ronald. If Ronald took Lyn for his wife, Peter would pay him dearly, saying it would cost him less to bribe a man to wed her than it would for him to keep her in his house. Ronald, a greedy man, accepted. The beatings increased in number and force. Often Lyn would be left senseless in an unused room of the Inn, then to be punished again when Ronald accused her of sleeping on the job. Eventually Lyn decided enough was enough.

Her journey was not an easy one. She had never travelled before, had no sense of how to fend for herself, nor did she know the way. It was by chance that she stumbled upon Stock, mere days before the food she had stolen from Ronald would have run out. Her journey had taken much longer than it would for a healthy woman her age, but her Peter and Ronald had left her crippled. She found it hard to walk at any speed, at her left leg had been fractured more than once, leaving her bone prone to more injuries if she was not careful.

~~~

Woah, ok, way longer than I have ever managed to write a character description before. I love this character already ^_^

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-19-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #387
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Tolkien

Oh dear, oh dear, my sincerest apologies to all the players. I'm afraid I won't be able to jump in and participate again until the 23rd. Morm sorry I made all that fuss to just leave you in the lurch it was not my intention.

Good luck with the plan's you've been formulating. I look forward to getting time to read it when i'm freed up.
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)

Last edited by Mänwe; 04-18-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #388
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Have you heard anythong from Crystal Cobweb? I will post for RPG Mith by the end of the week I hope (I have TOM and EMH posts do do first) - only so as to know if you want to be extracted from your situation or leave Cir the Younger to face the music alone for a while.... I thought it might be funny to have him try osanwe kenta to warn you but you to ignore him because youthink he is trying to apologise.
I haven't actually, Mith. I'll give her a PM now and if she's not replied by the time you've got all your posts up I'll get myself back downstairs. That little plan does sound amusing though, definitely keep it in!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #389
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think i'm gonna use that long history bit for my first post if Lyn gets approved lol ^_^
Old 04-18-2007, 10:48 PM   #390
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mänwe
Oh dear, oh dear, my sincerest apologies to all the players. I'm afraid I won't be able to jump in and participate again until the 23rd. Morm sorry I made all that fuss to just leave you in the lurch it was not my intention.

Good luck with the plan's you've been formulating. I look forward to getting time to read it when i'm freed up.
Kuric is very upset with your character and I plan on having him act accordingly and go fuming mad to his room all because you weren't talking and because of the reason you and I spoke of.

I will begin to prepare this tomorrow.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:34 AM   #391
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Masked Nicci, I was thinking you should post next. My character is not the kind to start a conversation. I know it's kinda my turn, but your character has a little more to write about .
Old 04-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #392
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elentari,

Please check your PMs.

Thanks!

-- Folwren
Old 04-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #393
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Edited Lyn's history to remove the prancing pony ^_^
Old 04-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #394
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Elentari

Your character bio has been posted to the character list for the inn on page 1 of this thread.

~*~ Pio
Old 04-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #395
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ooo, thanks Pio ^_^ Does that mean I can post at the inn now? Better read through the lost page or so of posts thoroughly

edit - also before i post anything, could someone tell me what time of year we're at and roughly what time of day? I've looked but i cant find any hints as to either ^^; I'm probably just being blind. It's nearly midnight, lol.

Last edited by ElentariGreenleaf; 04-19-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:44 PM   #396
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yes, Elentari, you may post on the game thread. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear.

I believe it's May 6, though I can't remember perfectly, and right now, it's later in the morning, I think. I don't recall which year it is, but that can be found at the beginning of this thread.

-- Folwren
Old 04-21-2007, 11:55 AM   #397
MaskedNicci
Pile O'Bones

Location: At that in-between place between fantasy and reality - between grown-up and child.
MaskedNicci has just left Hobbiton.
Eep! Sorry, I should have replied sooner! Dick replied like, the same day, and I've taken forever! It's difficult to rein her in, and try and keep her to my original vision. The first run for a character is always the toughest for me. Not to mention she's such a stiff character. Most of my past characters seem like care-free hippies compared to Alassë...
Old 04-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #398
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Finally got round to doing my first post ^_^ Hope I haven't got anything wrong in it ^^;
Old 04-24-2007, 07:31 AM   #399
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Good post, Elentari. Glad to see you joined.

Nicci and Fin, I'll see if I can get a post up for Dick today. I'm rather busy... But I'll do my best.

-- Folwren
Old 04-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #400
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

♥ Notice of New Game Opening ♥

Durelin and Firefoot are starting a game in the Shire.

Blood Run: A Terror Returns

If you are interested, please read the proposal – HERE.

The Discussion thread will open soon to take on players and to answer any questions.

See you there!

~*~ Pio