User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2007, 02:47 PM   #721
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Alright, that sounds like a good plan. I'll try to get a post up tomorrow.

hmmmmm......now what has Granny D given Fálki? We wonders, my precious.....

~*~ Pio
Old 12-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #722
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hmmm.... I am reminded (by looking at the rpg thread) that I have a SAVED post waiting to be written. I have not yet done so because I'm waiting for Child to write hers first. Is it true, Child, that you are waiting for someone to write Jord's character in order for you to write Khandr? Or is there something else keeping you from writing your post that I'm not aware of?
Old 12-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #723
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Nogrod, my encounter with Fastarr is now up. You *are* in a stable, aren't you? That's what it looked like from what I could make out..."
Old 12-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #724
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nice one Lalaith!

Let's see what I can answer to that...

...and how we do resolve all the traffic that seems to have now moved into the immediate surroundings of Khandr's residence instead of the fields and woods outside the city...
Old 12-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #725
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
You *are* in a stable, aren't you? That's what it looked like from what I could make out..."
I kind of wrote that Fastarr rode out from the stable with fury in his eyes but that's okay if he is still in the stable. I can go and edit that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by me as the last words in the story this far
With that he turned and ran to the stables. Soon enough Leafeye galloped from the stables carrying Fastarr whose eyes now had an intense and focused gleam in them. The rider and the horse headed back towards the fields like fire was chasing their tail.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:30 PM   #726
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
No, better that I edit so I meet you on the way out from the stable.

The prophecy is nicked and tweaked from the Voluspa, btw. I'd hate to be accused of plagiarism....
Old 12-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #727
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The poetry's a treat. Maybe I ought to just post up and not wait for Child.... no more tonight, getting too late. Maybe tomorrow...
Old 12-05-2007, 12:02 AM   #728
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Child comes dragging in with the cats...quite literally

My save is filled.

Everything is a bit crazy here. Hanukah started tonight. Plus, for several weeks, one of my cats has been fighting a bacteria (similar to staph) that is stubbornly resistent to antibiotics. I have been nursing him and going to the vet every other day for his bandage changes. He unexpectedly had to have a second surgery last Tuesday and must have a third one tomorrow. They are trying to save his leg.

I am a real cat person. (Cats are the one thing Tolkien had all wrong!) We are hopeful now that he will be alright. If so, we will gratefully rename him "Peg Leg Pete" as one front leg will be minus a large wad of fur and he will sport a stylish scar.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 12-05-2007 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #729
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Child...great post...except you got us mixed up. I'm Embla, your proper missus is Briga.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #730
Child of the 7th Age

Giggle....giggle. I will fix. This having two wives isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 12-05-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #731
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

What needs to happen next?
Old 12-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #732
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I need to post, that's what. I'll do it this week, if at all possible. Life has been crazy as of late, and I apologize. I'll post soon, I hope.

EDIT: I did it tonight, amazingly enough. I hope the post is alright.

Elempi, you can post Ulfast sending someone off to see about Khandr if you wish. Your messenger can probably catch up with the hunting party.

And we're hunting wild boar, right? I don't think it's ever been specified, but I always wanted to hunt a wild boar, and this is a fantastic chance.

-- Folwren
Old 12-10-2007, 04:24 AM   #733
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Then wild boar it is.

Ulfast will send a messenger who gets intercepted by Khandr's messenger explaining Khandr's absence. Doesn't seem like much of a post; I'll just have Ulfast on the receiving end and see what he thinks and does about it.

EDIT: after reading Foley's post, a messenger from Ulfast seems pointless. I'll just post something or other at some point.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #734
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

lmp & Child & Lalaith: Now correct if I'm wrong or agree and offer ideas if I'm right.

The situation concerning the Borrim at late in something like a chronological order as I see it...

1. Thorn intercepts Khandr and gives his predicament.

2. Khandr turns back and advices Hunta to go and warn the Borrim and Fastarr to cover Thorn (this all in the middle of the field where everyone's waiting for the hunt to start)

3. Uldor gives Brodda the errand of capturing the old man who in turn sends Ruadan after him "whatever the cost".

4. The two (Fastarr & Ruadan) race after Thorn while Khandr sees Embla and relieves her form the marriage.

5. Fastarr catches Ruadan by surprise by the gate and knocks him out. He has told Hugo, who he has met on the way and given his horse to, to take care of Thorn with Grogr and to hide him in Khandr's residence.

6. Khandr leaves both the hunt and Embla towards his residence.

7. Fastarr reaches the residence by foot and discusses with Thorn & Hugo. Orders Hugo & Grogr to shelter Thorn, leaves with his horse to find Khandr in the fields (in the hunt to protect him if he could).

8. Khandr arrives to his residence (there must be at least two reasonable roads to the fields so that he has not met Fastarr on his way). Gives orders to Briga.

9. At the field: Embla sees Fastarr riding to the fields and rides to meet him & the messenger Khandr has sent reaches Uldor and the hunt begins.

Right?

Now concerning Khandr and Thorn... should they meet? They surely would as the latter has been "hid" into Khandr's residence and he has just come back there...

Fastarr must have failed to meet Khandr whom he's looking for to save his life if he could! They just were about the residence about a minute from each other (when Fastarr left and Khandr came in)! Fastarr will be bewildered not finding Khandr at the fields - to see the hunt begin and Embla to stray him with stuff he finds romantic more than good vs. evil - at least to begin with (that's up to Lalith as well as what comes of it)...

How is Ruadan's message been received? Would they be able to pick Fastarr as the troublesome one who needs a lesson / deserves death?

What would Embla do to keep Fastarr to herself and will she be ready to let go of the anxious retainer?

---
So back again after a period of too much work (and a WW-game to mod... which made my sparetime even more scarce ).

Last edited by Nogrod; 12-12-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #735
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Seems like you have it down pretty well, Noggie. Perhaps Fastarr leaves by a different way as he figures the hunt has now begun and the hunting party will have headed west, so he takes the western way out of the village instead of heading north into the village. Or whatever directions you have in your head for this. This whole thing sort of maps out for me that the Borrim are at the southern edge of the village. Don't really know why. Probably makes more sense for them to be north, since they come from the north. Whatever.

Khandr and Thorn can meet up again. After which I think it would be cool if Thorn and Thuringwethil pass by each other and exchange a few words....
Old 12-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #736
Child of the 7th Age

I'll do a post then where Khandr blunders into Thorn within the house.

Littlemanpoet....are you posting for Thorn or do we "carry" him?

Would anyone have an objection if Khandr went over to the great hall of the lords of the Ulfings and snooped around, perhaps encountering something which raises his suspicions concerning Jord? This would not be anything explicit....just something the woman possesses that would signify she's a "bad apple." If someone has other ideas, let me know.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 12-12-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #737
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age View Post
Littlemanpoet....are you posting for Thorn or do we "carry" him?
I'll post for Thorn.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:28 AM   #738
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Save filled...

We have a kind of plan now where Embla and Fastarr are going to form a dynamic duo who try to work things out together in the middle of chaos and evil breaking loose.

Now the question becomes where is Khandr going to be murdered and should the two hit the place in time or should they be late?

Anyway it looks like we should post something between the two before going to Khandr's residence as Khandr and Thorn should meet there first and Khandr needs to leave before the two of our characters pop in.

Your turn Lalaith!
Old 12-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #739
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

So the order of posting for the very near future appears to be:

Lalaith for Embla
Child for Khandr
elempi for Thorn
Jord?

then the hunt

anything else? I s'pose the hunt can be going on at the same time, right?
Old 12-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #740
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

All looking good, chaps. But before I post I need to know who is going to murder Khandr and when.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #741
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
But before I post I need to know who is going to murder Khandr and when.
No you don't...

I mean just go on with it... We can post once or twice before that thing is settled.

We can keep it between Embla and Fastarr as long as any clearance will come forwards - and we can jump to Khandr's residence as soon as Child writes him off there...

Let's not hinder this with the absence of a general plan...

The plan will come.

And it might be as unforeseen as Embla and Fastarr forming a pair to fight for the good when the evill suddenly falls over the Ulfing settling... That I think was something "providence" gave us. It's too good an idea we could have come up with ourselves.

So let's just keep on writing and see what happens...

Last edited by Nogrod; 12-15-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #742
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Sorry guys, I've been too hassled to think.
I'll put something up in the next day or two.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #743
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Post now written and awaiting Nog´s approval...
Sorry for the delay.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #744
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hiya, everyone. I've PMed two people about possibly taking Jord's character. I'm hoping I'll hear back from one of them sometime shortly.

In the mean time, the hunt should be gotten under way...

Pio, are you still planning on finishing that part of the post? The hunting part in the last post you posted on the game thread?

I will see about posting possibly later this afternoon. Right now, I'm actually in the middle of figuring out a new program...heh...bad me for taking a BD break in the midst of that.

Last edited by Folwren; 01-03-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #745
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

I can do that later today. It will only be a general sort of picture of the hunt.

One of the more principal players can certainly carry on now if they they wish.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:31 AM   #746
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

OK, the hunt's afoot.....or ahorse, rather

Do with the flushed out boar as you wish.

~*~ Pio
Old 01-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #747
Child of the 7th Age

Littlemanpoet -

Are you going to handle Thorn in the next post? Khandr is about to go out snooping at the palace and who knows what else..... If you need me to handle this post differently, let me know.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 01-05-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #748
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I'm confused.

"Who goes there?" - is it supposed to be Thorn who is "going there?" or is that Thuringwethil? Because this is not in the palace but in Khandr's own quarters, right?

So if Thorn is supposed to be snooping around in the palace, who's there for him to snoop while the three brothers are out?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 01-05-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #749
Child of the 7th Age

Sorry, Littlemanpoet. A typo in the discussion thread, where I put in Thorn's name in the second sentence instead of Khandr. The actual post is correct, and I've changed the one name above.

In my post, Khandr is still at home and runs into Thorn. Khandr is about to set off for the palace to do some snooping but hasn't yet left. That was my understanding of the situation from Nogrod's earlier summary. Please let me know if this is a problem.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 01-05-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:00 AM   #750
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Could someone clear something up for me?
I was under the impression that Fastarr and Embla (currently outside Khandr HQ) would come in and find Khandr dead. So someone (Thorn? Jord?) is about to kill him, inside his own house.

Did I get it wrong? Is Khandr going to the palace now?

*confused*
Old 01-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #751
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I have asked Gwathagor to play the character of Jord and he has accepted the role. I asked him to post here and as soon as possible, to post to the game thread. I think he'll be reporting soon, therefore.

Might we possibly be willing to wait and let him take some part in this occurance?

-- Folwren
Old 01-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #752
Child of the 7th Age

I indicated that Khandr was going to the great hall to snoop unless someone objected. (See my earlier post on this discussion thread dated 12/12.) No one responded to the contrary so I am going ahead with that. As to whether or not Khandr is killed there, that has not been determined. Originally, at the beginning of the rpg, I had Jord lined up to do in my character. However, since Durelin is not here, that poses a problem.

I am open to new ideas, or should we just use Jord for the killer and have someone post for her? I do not mind if Khandr is killed when he goes to the palace or sometime later.

Regarding the planning.....I don't want to hammer down every nail. However, since we're not even sure who is going to kill my character, or who will post that scene, I think we may want to establish at least that much. Then whoever is doing the posting for the murder is free to kill my character whenever they think best. I will continue to write for him until someone topples him over dead. The alternative would be for me to post the killing by using Jord, but I think it is more interesting if another writer does this, either using Jord or in their own personna.

Will the potential murderer please let me know, either on this thread or by pm? If I get a volunteer by pm, I'll let people know on this thread (though not the name of the actual writer.)

BIG EDIT: Folwren and I doubleposted. Waiting for our new writer sounds fine to me. However, I will go ahead and continue to the palace after Thorn replies, unless someone does me in before then.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 01-06-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #753
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

Please note I have changed the player listed for Jord/Thuringwethil to Gwathagor - HERE.

-----

Gwathagor

If you wish to tweak any of Durelin's Character Bio for Jord, just place your revisions on this thread and I will insert them where needed.

Thanks for joining the game!!

~*~ Pio
Old 01-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #754
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Gwathagor, welcome!

I'm preparing a post for Thorn.

I mean for Thorn and Jord to have a confrontation at some point. I had expected it to precede Khandr's murder, but that now looks unlikely. No matter. It can occur after the murder, which would make it an interesting exchange in its own way.

Let me know, Gwathagor, when you're ready for such a confronation.

EDIT: post is up and very short since it's just one part of a conversation.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 01-06-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #755
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hey everyone...I've read all the posts involving Jord, and many of the others, especially those involving the Ul- bros and Lachrandir. So I'll try to just jump in and start treading water; we'll see how I do. I am not, however, up to date on discussion thread posts, so please fill me in. I'm particularly interested in how I ought to relate to other characters, or if there is anything expected of my character, like knocking off Khandr, or other things I might not know if I hadn't read all the proper discussion thread posts.

I'd love advice from the game owners and the posters.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #756
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Wonderful, Gwathagor. I'm so glad you agreed to take on this role.

What's happening at present in the game is as follows.

In the morning of this day, Uldor and his brothers and those of their household that were invited (different lords and servants and stuff, I guess) along with Lachrandir and his squire fellow saddled up and prepared for a hunt. They were invited by Khandr. When they arrived, and before they set off, Thorn, a new character to the story, arrived and told Khandr that he was going to be murdured that day. He also told him that Uldor was trecherous.

Khandr, suddenly rather disoriented, headed off towards home to arrange his affairs and try to get stuff figured out before he was killed. He sent word to Uldor and Co. to go ahead, and so they have.

Uldor, suspecting something, sent someone after Thorn, but the messenger person was waylaid and knocked out and so Uldor doesn't know what Thorn said.

Jord, your character, is supposed to, according to original plans, kill Khandr. However, this plan has changed a couple times since Durelin and I'm not entirely sure what's been decided. If you decide that you want Jord to kill Khandr, say so, and the thing will be settled.

For now, I think that's all that's going on. If I think of anything else that you need to know, I'll tell you... And if you have any other questions, jsut ask and someone will be sure to answer to the best of their ability.

-- Folwren
Old 01-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #757
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'd love to kill Khandr.

Did Jord and Uldor plan the killing, or is Jord acting on her own still?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:26 AM   #758
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

LMP: So how 'bout this confrontation with Thorn? I'm ready, just give the word.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 AM   #759
Child of the 7th Age

Gwathagor,

Quote:
I'd love to kill Khandr.
Ah....that's what I like to hear. An able bodied character willing to do away with Khandr. Originally, Durelin and I had talked about some kind of confrontation between Jord and Khandr and then Jord acting on her own. However, all that is open to change. So let me know what you prefer or just spring it on me in the storyline...however you want to handle it.

Khandr is on the way to the palace to snoop around. However, I'll make sure and finish off Khandr's post with Thorn now so LMP will be free to go anywhere that you two desire.

Welcome to the game!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:34 AM   #760
Noinkling
Wight

Noinkling has just left Hobbiton.
Pio

I've set the scene up as best I could. Bring on Fálki.

Maybe Dag should show up sometime; what do you think?