The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-06-2005, 12:45 PM   #1361
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Are there any O's ?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:51 PM   #1362
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
O yes!

---- --- -oo- --- -o---- --- -o-- --- ---- ---- -o--- --- -o---- o-, ---- ---- --- --- ---- --.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:03 PM   #1363
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
L please
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:21 PM   #1364
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"y"s?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:21 PM   #1365
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
lo - and behold! (y? - yes!)

---- --- -oo- --- -o---- --- lo-- --- l--- ---y lo--- --- -o-l-- o-, ---y ---- --- --- ---- --.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 12-06-2005 at 01:25 PM. Reason: adding the Ys
Old 12-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #1366
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

how about N's ?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #1367
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

loyn

---n --- -oo- --- -o---- -n- lo-- --- l-n- ---y lo--- -n- -o-l-- on, ---y ---- --- --- --n- --.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #1368
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Must have the T's , after all...
Old 12-06-2005, 02:41 PM   #1369
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

loynt

---n t-- -oo- --- -o---- -n- lo-- t-- l-n- t--y lo--- -n- to-l-- on, t--y ---t --- --- --n- -t.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #1370
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Tídwald speaking to Totta:

"Let the poets babble,
but perish all pirates!When the poor are robbed
and lose the land they loved and toiled on,
they must die and dung it.
No dirge for them,
and their wives and children work in serfdom"

Depressing, stark words , but true nevertheless..
Old 12-06-2005, 03:32 PM   #1371
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Yes, I felt the same way about that sentence. Good work in finding it with so few clues! Go ahead...
Old 12-07-2005, 02:53 AM   #1372
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thanks! (My clues were "the poor" and "toiled on" )

"--/ ---'--/ ---/ ---/ --/ ----/ -----/ -------/------/ --/ ---/ -------/, ---/ ---/ --/ --/ ---/ -'--/ ----/ -/ ----/ --/ ---/. --/ --/ -----/ ---/ ------/ ----/ ---/ -----/ --/ ----/ -----/, -'--/ -----/ ------/ --/ ---/."
Old 12-07-2005, 07:26 AM   #1373
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Pipe

"w"s?
Old 12-07-2005, 08:06 AM   #1374
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and Ds please.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #1375
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
R please
Old 12-07-2005, 02:03 PM   #1376
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

WDR

"--/ ---'--/ ---/ ---/ --/ ---r/ ---r-/ -r---d-/--dd--/ --/ ---/ -------/, ---d/ ---/ --/ --/ --d/ -'--/ ----/ -/ ----/ --/ ---/. --/ --/ w----/ ---/ ------/ w---/ --d/ -----/ --/ ----/ -----/, -'--/ -----/ -----r/ --/ ---/."
Old 12-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #1377
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
WDR
My favorite radio station!

S, please
Old 12-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #1378
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

SWDR

"--/ ---'--/ ---/ ---/ --/ ---r/ ---r-/ -r---ds/--dd--/ --/ ---/ -------/, s--d/ ---/ --/ --/ --d/ -'--/ ----/ -/ ----/ --/ ---/. --/ --/ w---s/ --s/ ------/ w---/ --d/ ----s/ --/ ----/ -----/, -'--/ -----/ -----r/ --/ ---/."
Old 12-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #1379
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

O please
Old 12-07-2005, 04:03 PM   #1380
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

SWORD

"--/ -o-'--/ -o-/ o--/ o-/ -o-r/ ---r-/ -r---ds/--dd--/ --/ ---/ -------/, s--d/ ---/ -o/ --/ --d/ -'--/ ----/ -/ -oo-/ --/ ---/. --/ --/ w---s/ --s/ ------/ w---/ --d/ ----s/ --/ ----/ -----/, -'--/ -----/ -----r/ o-/ ---/."
Old 12-08-2005, 07:19 AM   #1381
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"m"s?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:20 AM   #1382
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...and Ts, please.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:27 AM   #1383
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

a please
Old 12-08-2005, 08:58 AM   #1384
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

SWORD MAT

"--/ -o-'--/ -ot/ o--/ o-/ -o-r/ -a-r-/ -r---ds/--dd--/ --/ t--/ --t----/, s--d/ --m/ to/ m-/ a-d/ I'--/ -a--/ a/ -oo-/ at/ --m/. --/ --/ wa--s/ --s/ --tt--/ wa--/ a-d/ -a--s/ m-/ t---/ a-a--/, I'--/ t----/ --tt-r/ o-/ --m/."
Old 12-08-2005, 09:39 AM   #1385
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"h"s, please.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #1386
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

MATH WORDS

"--/ -o-'--/ -ot/ o--/ o-/ -o-r/ -a-r-/ -r---ds/h-dd--/ --/ t--/ --t-h--/, s--d/ h-m/ to/ m-/ a-d/ I'--/ -a--/ a/ -oo-/ at/ h-m/. --/ h-/ wa--s/ h-s/ --tt--/ wa--/ a-d/ -a--s/ m-/ th--/ a-a--/, I'--/ th---/ --tt-r/ o-/ h-m/."
Old 12-08-2005, 12:34 PM   #1387
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

Y please
Old 12-08-2005, 01:51 PM   #1388
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

SWARTHY MOD

"--/ -o-'--/ -ot/ o--/ o-/ -o-r/ -a-ry/ -r---ds/h-dd--/ --/ t--/ --t-h--/, s--d/ h-m/ to/ m-/ a-d/ I'--/ -a--/ a/ -oo-/ at/ h-m/. --/ h-/ wa--s/ h-s/ --tt--/ wa--/ a-d/ -a--s/ m-/ th--/ a-a--/, I'--/ th---/ --tt-r/ o-/ h-m/."
Old 12-08-2005, 03:53 PM   #1389
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

LOL @ Guinevere's letter combination words!

Thanks for all the great help, Tuor and arctic! Would one of you like to give the answer now? If not, I know where it is to be found...
Old 12-10-2005, 03:22 AM   #1390
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

OK, I gave all others a fair chance - now I'll solve this quote:
Quote:
If you've got one of your fairy friends hidden in the Kitchen, send him to me and I'll have a look at him. If he waves his little wand and makes me thin again, I'll think better of him.
Nokes to the King of Faery, also known as Alf Prentice in Smith of Wootton Major
Old 12-10-2005, 09:51 AM   #1391
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

And that is correct, of course. Good work, Esty!
Old 12-10-2005, 11:21 AM   #1392
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Try this one:
Quote:
--- --- ------ ---- - ---- -- ----- -- ------- --- ---- --------- _ --- --- --- --- ----- --------!
Old 12-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #1393
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

L please (just to asksomething different for a change... )
Old 12-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #1394
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+l

--- --- ------ ---- - ---- -- ----- -- ------- --- ---- --------- _ --- -l- --- --- ----- ------l-!
Old 12-10-2005, 03:26 PM   #1395
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

That didn't help much! How about the A's ?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:24 PM   #1396
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

h please
Old 12-11-2005, 07:35 AM   #1397
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

H A L

--- ha- ------ ha-- - -a-- -- ----- -- ------- a-- ---- a-------- _ --- -l- --- a-- a---- ------l-!
Old 12-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #1398
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

S's please
Old 12-11-2005, 07:56 AM   #1399
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

H A L S

--- ha- ------ ha-- - -a-- -- ----s -- ------- a-- ---- a-------s _ --- -l- --- a-- a--s- ----s-l-!
Old 12-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #1400
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

d please