Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2004, 07:36 PM   #321
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Silmaril

It's fine! I'll get another post in there! I was idle for the walking, but my posts really heat up for the fights!

Also, since the dwarves live like 4 years in Moria before they all die, how will we pass the time? forwarding posts?
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 04-04-2004, 07:39 PM   #322
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

We'll do it the same way I got us out of Mirkwood. It will pretty much deal with finding Mithril, repairing Moria, battling the Orcs, rumbles of an Unknown Fear (aka the Balrog, but the dwarves don't know that).

Old 04-04-2004, 07:41 PM   #323
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Fine by me, if that counts for anything. Malí's not so good with orcs.

-Aylwen
Old 04-04-2004, 08:09 PM   #324
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Hey, sorry I have not posted for a while, I've been so busy and I haven't been able to keep up with anything. Therefore, I am not going to be playing on here anymore, if anyone would like to pick up my character, it's fine by me, but I am personally too busy to keep up and keep my character enjoyable. Sorry about this

Gird

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk
Old 04-04-2004, 08:17 PM   #325
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

I'm sorry to loose you, Gird.

Cheers,
Imladris

Old 04-04-2004, 09:21 PM   #326
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Silmaril Gggiiiiiirrrrrrdddddddddd

I'll miss you Gird. You were like a brother to.....someone. See ya round the shire. BTW, since he's gone, instead of having him take over, unless it says in the book where he dies, lets kill him!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 04-04-2004, 09:48 PM   #327
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Hello boys! I'm back!!!

Sorry for the lengthy disappearance. Those "immediate-action" prefixes on op directives sure puts a dent in your calendar.

Anyway, I've put up a save. Pyro just PMed about the great *insert creepy music* blank, so it'll be some time before my post is finalised.

Thanks for the patience!

->Elenrod Finrodion.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:27 AM   #328
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
The Eye

Heylo!

I just wrote the post for Lugnush where he and some other Orcs have killed Nazklash's enemies.

He has now returned to Nazklash.

Pyro and Caralas,

I'm terribly sorry about the PMs and stuff...bah, that's what happens when Barrowdowns keeps changing their system!! (Joking..it was my fault)

Anyway, Uzgash should return soon....I think. And then they will wait for the Chief, eh?

Oh, I'll be away from Tuesday to Friday or Saturday. So, just make me a save or two, if you'd like, and I will fill them afterwards. Depends if we get that far on the schedule I made by that time- if the schedule is Okay by you. (Please add things if you, Pyro and Carlas want too.)

Cheers,
Orofaniel
Old 04-05-2004, 03:26 PM   #329
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Please excuse me for my absence! I had to deal with some problems, but the good news is that I'll probably have more time to post here.

BTW: Pio , sorry about the journal entry thing. I couldn't post up and say that I couldn't do it.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #330
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Okay, I posted. I know it's not much of a forwarding post *chagrined blush*, but it will be fill out once Nil Felagund fills in his save.

For now, I would like you dwarves to focus on lingering thoughts after the battle, moving into Moria, etc. It's a little late tonight for me to do more, plus I think it'd be kind of cool to see what you guys find in Moria. Hey, even though I'm the co-game owner, you can't expect me to do all the work, can you?

Cheers,
Imladris

Old 04-06-2004, 09:33 AM   #331
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Silmaril

So, our posts are suppost to be years later? Are we suppost to be remember the days which led us to where we are now?
Old 04-06-2004, 09:58 AM   #332
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up Uzgash's Return

Carlas and Oro,
I'm crafting a post in which Uzgash will leave the battle return to Moria to find Lugnush and Nazklash. I just wanted to let you know that I'm here, and I'm working on it!
~Pyro~
Old 04-06-2004, 10:24 AM   #333
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Silmaril *****600th Post*****

Wait, so we're still writing from where we were monday, or four years later, because i'm confused with Pyro's thing about leaving the battle.

EDIT: THIS IS MY 600TH POST!!! NOW I'M REALLY GROWING ON THIS THREAD, BUT I FEAR THIS MAY BE THE LAST TIME I ADVANCE ANOTHER 100 POSTS ON THIS THREAD
Old 04-06-2004, 11:56 AM   #334
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Ok. Perky Ent , I believe I said sometime before that when it is time to advance to the four or five years, I will do a journal entry, just like last time. If you (or any other dwarf) want to begin writing an entry, this journal post will cover discovering mithril, fighting with orcs, etc. This might be a good time to prepare a journal entry if you want to do one .

For right now , the dwarves will be moving into Moria and thinking about the battle. The reason this is important is because this could affect your thoughts of Balin, who had never really considered the fact that there might be orcs in Moria. And if there are orcs, who knows what else there might be. I will either do the journal on Thursday or Friday. Be as creative and as imaginative as you like about what you find in Moria.

Nil Felagund : I don't know if you saw Pyroclastic's edit to a post of his some time ago, so I'm bringing it forward:

Quote:
Ok, my post is up. It wound up being more than a tad shorter than I expected. Why? I was reading The Fellowship, and discovered that Floi will slay The Great (lines blurred). This strikes me as important. Is Uzgash the great whatever? What's going on?

Anyway, as the fighting continues, I will make some more short posts of the battle form Uzgash's position. I have no problems with Uzgash becoming "The Great Whatever" if such is needed. Let me know. Or, we could allways have Grog the troll escape after nightfall. That might be fun and interesting. Grog certinly qualifies as great in my book.
It's up to you, Nil. The reason I brought it forward is because I didn't see it until I was surfing the thread.

Is everything clear about what we are doing? Just to re-iterate it's like this.
  • For right now, you will dwarves will concentrate on moving into Moria. This includes what you find in Moria. Be as creative as you want.
  • Then a Journal entry that I will write on either Thursday or Friday. This entry will cover four or five years.
  • After the journal entry, that's when things begin to heat up. The game shouldn't take too long to end after this.

Cheers,
Imladris

Old 04-06-2004, 03:08 PM   #335
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Pyro- Will the orcs have left by then, or do you want to find us before we leave?
Old 04-07-2004, 02:38 AM   #336
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! I'm *so* going with the troll.

I guess this is my last post here. Good night! Have fun! Don't fight!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #337
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

Thanks Nil ! It's been great fighting with you! Narin'll kill an orc for Floi later!
Old 04-07-2004, 02:41 PM   #338
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pipe The Balrog

From the beginning of this RPG I've wondered, "Why did the orcs allow the Dwarves to live in Moria for even the small time that they did?" Here's what I figured must have happend:

1) The orcs must have been busy. With the death of a Captain and subesequent confusion, us orcs are busy.

2) They must have had a reason not to. Uzgash wonders in my post what the Dwaves are up to, and wants to keep them around untill he knows. But here's my real thought: When does The Balrog come in? That would keep the orcs busy for the four years while the Dwarves set up, and provide a reason why the orcs didn't bother the dwarves.

I'm thinking that Oro's Lugnush and Carlas's Nazklashs' journey into the depths of Moria to find Turgrog might stir up the Balrog a bit, perhaps give cause for a hasty retreat? It's just a thought, a way to tie up some loose ends.

In any case, I'll bring Uzgash back into Moria, and he'll start looking for Nazklash and Lugnush, but won't find them until I hear from you guys, Oro and Carlas.
Flames for all! ~Pyro~
Old 04-07-2004, 02:57 PM   #339
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

That's a good question Pyro, about the balrog. I never really was clear about the Balrog's relationship with the orcs. They weren't enemies, yet they weren't exactly pals, either. Maybe the Balrog told the orcs to leave the dwarves alone for awhile... doubtful though.

Let's see -- the dwarves did a fairly good job of wiping out a good portion of the orcs and they lost their troll as well (go Floi!). I do know that they flooded the gates of Hollin to keep them out (that's how Oin meets his fate... ) But what about the Great Gates? The dwarves will do repair work there. Maybe the orcs could tear it down again or whatever. So what the orcs could be doing was slowly sabatoging the mission from the first. Balin, in his stubborness, refuses to leave when given numerous chances to do so. Hence, the dwarve's final demise.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Imladris

Old 04-07-2004, 04:00 PM   #340
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Thumbs up Sabotage!

Sabotage, sounds good! I would really like to do a good, destructive post!

Anyway, my latest post is up, and Uzgash doesn't think much of dwarves. I don't think much of Uzgash's poetry. But he insisted...

I'm going to go read the books now, and glean some ideas for destruction!
~Pyro~
Old 04-08-2004, 02:36 PM   #341
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Alright, I should have the beginning of Turgrog's demise up tomorrow, I hope. I never seem to be able to make my own deadlines...

Edit- The post is up...and on time too!

Last edited by Carlas; 04-09-2004 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:19 AM   #342
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

I will be writing the forwarding post tonight.

Perky Ent , in that forwarding post will be Balin's speech at Floi's burial. Please edit your post to that if you would. If you still want Nali to have a bit of a tiff with Balin, I will then edit it into my post.

Cheers,
Imladris

Old 04-09-2004, 11:34 AM   #343
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Silmaril

Imladris, I edited the post. Not as good but still adequet!
Old 04-09-2004, 06:47 PM   #344
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien *wipes brow*

Against all odds, I have done the forwarding post. Here is an outline of what will happen next:

Outline
  • Balin dies
  • On the same day, the other dwarves kill the orc that killed Balin, and many more up the Silver lode (any one knows what that is?),
  • Several days later: They have to barr the gates. I would think from the orcs. Any ideas from both orcs and dwarves?
  • The end game
    The Bridge and Second Hall taken. Frar, Loni, and Nali die.
    Hollin is flooded -- Oin goes to check it out, I presume. Orual , what do you think?
    The Watcher kills Oin.
    The end comes.

We're making splendid time -- I like to think we're a wee bit ahead of schedule, so don't feel obligated to hurry.

Thank you Perky Ent for editing.

Cheers to all,
Imladris
Old 04-09-2004, 10:10 PM   #345
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Silmaril

Wow, the end draws near! This will be the last of Balin! And what does that silver load thingie mean? is it like mithril or something?

i get to die soon!!! And btw, whatever happened to Amanduial? Did i miss something?

Also, something i didn't get. Lin has a fake beard, but don't dwarf women also have beards?

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 04-09-2004 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:08 AM   #346
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Perky Ent,

There's some debate on that. I know Movie-Aragorn jokes about "It's the Beards!" but I'm not sure the canonical evidence is solid for that.

I'm not an expert on the argument, and don't really have an opinion on it; Child of the Seventh Age wrote about a female dwarf once with a false beard, so I went with her opinion.

By the way, I think your name "Perky Ent" is funnier every time I see it. **Very** clever choice.

And now, I have some catching up to do!

--mark12_30
Old 04-10-2004, 08:06 AM   #347
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Silmaril

Mark, thank you very much. I thought it was a good name. Originally, it was The Hasty Ent, but i think Perky works out much better!

Anyways, aren't the mithril lodes a path that leads to Caradras ( wrong spelling ) The only thing is, as far as i know (which is wrong), the pathway to the mithril lodes starts deep underground. I thought you find it by falling from Khazad and walkign and then taking it, but Imladris is the expert, so you tell me!
Old 04-10-2004, 09:33 AM   #348
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Mithril lodes? What are they? Did I miss something or are you talking about the Silverlode? If you are talking about the Silverlode, I went to the Encyclopedia of Arda and found that it is

Quote:
The name among Men for the river the Elves called Celebrant; it sprang from the Mirrormere in the Dimrill Dale, and flowed east through Lórien to meet the River Anduin.
Does that answer the question?

Yes, Perky Ent, your name is hilarious -- one of my favourites on the board.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:39 AM   #349
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perky Ent
i get to die soon!!! And btw, whatever happened to Amanduial? Did i miss something?
Evidently yes I was in Cornwall for a week. Am now back - I will read up tonight and try to post either tonight or tomorrow. Sorry, am very tired due to a seven hour journey back right now...

Happy Easter and Pesach!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 05:39 PM   #350
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Silmaril

Oh, that's where! I have "short term memory loss" (not really but it feels like it) and forgot. Sorry. Very Sorry. So....how do we access the mithril lodes if they're deep under the mountain???

PS. Thank you Aman! And a happy Passover and or Easter to you too!
Old 04-10-2004, 06:31 PM   #351
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Well, Moria used to be inhabited before Balin so the logical deduction is that the other dwarves had their own paths to the Mithril lodes and that Balin & Co will use those paths.

Question answered, I hope?

Merry Easter, Passover, etc...

Have a good one!

Cheers,
Imladris

Old 04-10-2004, 08:27 PM   #352
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Happy holidays to everyone!

Im sorry for the sparse posting, I just had a few things to take care of.

I was hoping there would be someone willing to interact with teh clutzy Maron some more. Im having trouble finding things to post for him! :P

Just let me know if you are interested
Old 04-11-2004, 12:06 AM   #353
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

The Silverlode is the river that runs right past Moria and into Lorien, isn't it?

Also, the time fast forwarded five years, so do we just write according to what the dwarves are doing at this time? You'll tell us when we all start being attacked, right? I'm rather confused, sorry.

Last edited by Saraphim; 04-11-2004 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:12 AM   #354
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

What I would like ya'll to do is to follow the rough outline I have. So what if I have the fact that Balin dies at the top? You have the journal to kind of follow along. If one of you wants to have a skirmish with orcs, go ahead. The outline is a rough guide that's all it is. We could get this game wrapped up in about four days. As it is we have sixteen. Go ahead and have fun with it.

Also, it seems as if people aren't reading previous posts on the Discussion Thread. Just a few posts back I said what the Silverlode was.

As the game owner, I control the way the game goes. However, I do not think I should always have to point the way for you guys (which is what I have been reluctantly doing). Take a step, think of the possibilities. I wrote a journal entry so base your current entry from that if you would like (like mark12_30 did).

Tomorrow I'll have Balin die

Cheers,
Imladris

Old 04-11-2004, 09:31 AM   #355
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Not sure what to say to that last sentence - it seems as if it requires either tears or a cheer...

Thank you by the way, all of you and especially Imladris, for the splendid work you have continued to do on the game over the past week - I was pleasantly surprised to see how well we're doing schedule-wise. We may actually finish on time - most excellent, as you would say, Imladris

-Aman
Old 04-11-2004, 01:02 PM   #356
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bringing this forward:

Imladris' Outline for the Endgame
  • Balin dies

• On the same day, the other dwarves kill the orc that killed Balin, and many more up the Silverlode River (The River Celebrant)

• Several days later: They have to bar the gates. I would think from the orcs. Any ideas from both orcs and dwarves?

• The end game

1.) The Bridge and Second Hall taken. Frar, Loni, and Nali die.

2.) Hollin is flooded -- Oin goes to check it out, I presume. Orual- what do you think?

3.) The Watcher kills Oin.

• The end comes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Silverlode River

The name among Men for the river the Elves called the River Celebrant; it sprang from the Mirrormere (Kheled-zâram in Dwarvish) in the Dimrill Dale (called Nanduhirion by the Elves; Azanulbizar in Dwarvish), and flowed southeast through Lórien to meet the River Anduin.

The East-gate of Moria stood at the head of the Nanduhirion Vale.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:54 PM   #357
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Thanks Pio. Greatly appreciate that.

Old 04-11-2004, 03:08 PM   #358
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Thank you, Pio
Old 04-11-2004, 08:39 PM   #359
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Silmaril

Ohhhhh! Thanks for clairifying that Pio! Lots of action in the future. Even since i joined this RPG, this was what i thought it was all about. this will be fun

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 04-11-2004 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:21 PM   #360
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Balin has been slain. Let the fun begin as the dwarves kill the orcs up the Silverlode.

Cheers,
Imladris