The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #721
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy deathday Mamawolf! Here's to many more!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:54 AM   #722
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thank you my dear little cub.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #723
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Raising a glass to the Prof who died forty years ago today.

Lands there are to west of West
Where nights are quiet and sleep is rest..

Old 10-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #724
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
When I became a full time Downer, I promised myself that I will be a proper Downer and never forget my deathday (it's like forgetting New Year! ). Took me only 3 years to break that promise.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #725
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
My twelfth deathday was this past week. I am immensely fond of you all, and twelve years is too short a time to be dead among such excellent and admirable wights.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #726
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
My twelfth deathday was this past week. I am immensely fond of you all, and twelve years is too short a time to be dead among such excellent and admirable wights.
Congratulations! Your voice of insightful reason and (sometimes) discrete refereeing is much appreciated.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #727
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Congratulations Esty! Happy dozenth deathday!
Old 01-17-2014, 03:59 AM   #728
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
Indeed! So if this was the twelfth, here's to one Gross! We are happy to have you around, in fact, what would we do without you?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #729
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

If Estelyn is at 12, then I must be too.

Gackh!

(Technically it is on the 23rd, but being up in years at this point, who knows if I will remember.)
Old 01-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #730
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
If Estelyn is at 12, then I must be too.

Gackh!

(Technically it is on the 23rd, but being up in years at this point, who knows if I will remember.)
Happy deathday, and Estelyn too

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #731
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy deathday Kuru!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #732
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

It's been nearly three weeks, but I recently passed 11 years on the Downs!! How did this even happen!?!?
I'm so glad to have met you all. You guys are the best people in my life right now.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #733
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy deathday Hooky! *sends hugs*
Old 05-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #734
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

A decade ago today I joined the Downs and started to contra my time dead against time alive so I stopped ageing (ha, I wish)... really wonder what I did before...

Old 05-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #735
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Woot! Into the double digits! Happy deathday, MamaMith!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:38 PM   #736
tom the eldest
Wight

tom the eldest has just left Hobbiton.
Whats a deathday?
Old 05-22-2014, 03:52 AM   #737
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Anniversary of date joining the Barrow Downs. Since the Barrows housed wights and as a new members first. Post count related title is "newly deceased", we say we died when we joined. And in the busy old days it really could take over your life

Last edited by Mithalwen; 05-22-2014 at 03:57 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:03 AM   #738
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Happy Dd, Mith. Mine is just around the corner.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #739
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Happy D-Day, Mith

Old 05-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #740
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Well I have only been fourmonths dead ... so I am still cutting my teeth.......
Just went to see how it all started

Somewhat nostalgic, to read this and think about 10 years that passed

Old 06-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #741
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Just realized that the 15th was my 10 year deathday! Can't believe it's been that long
Old 06-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #742
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Wilwa! Double digits! Happy deathday muffin!!!
Old 10-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #743
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

When I scrolled to the bottom of the page, I saw that it's morm's birthday, and I felt funny, because I was sure I've wished him happy birthday recently. To test my sanity, I skimmed through the last few months of the birthday thread to see if I mistakenly thought that someone with a similar username was morm, but no, I did not post that anytime recent. I decided that time flies, and then realized that I once again missed my deathday, and if it wasn't for morm's birthday, I would miss it completely.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #744
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
When I scrolled to the bottom of the page, I saw that it's morm's birthday, and I felt funny, because I was sure I've wished him happy birthday recently. To test my sanity, I skimmed through the last few months of the birthday thread to see if I mistakenly thought that someone with a similar username was morm, but no, I did not post that anytime recent. I decided that time flies, and then realized that I once again missed my deathday, and if it wasn't for morm's birthday, I would miss it completely.
Well happy deathday!
Old 10-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #745
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Well happy deathday!
Thank 'ee kindly, sir!
Old 11-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #746
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I seem to miss my death day every year, possibly because my brain is seven years rotted and can no longer keep time. Here's to knowing you fine corpses for many years to come!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:44 PM   #747
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tar-Jêx has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I seem to miss my death day every year, possibly because my brain is seven years rotted and can no longer keep time. Here's to knowing you fine corpses for many years to come!
Luckily, I have a memorable death day. The 1st of September. However, I can't guarantee that I will remember it when it comes around.
Tar-Jêx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:35 AM   #748
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy deathday sally! I think you're not in too much trouble; last year I almost forgot my birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar-Jêx View Post
Luckily, I have a memorable death day. The 1st of September. However, I can't guarantee that I will remember it when it comes around.
I remember the date of my deathday, but I believe I only actually remembered to commemorate it on the day itself once. I think most people here remember the day, or at least month, or their deathday, but it just kinda floats by without you noticing.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #749
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Looks like I missed number seven. Has it really been that long?
Old 12-12-2014, 06:30 AM   #750
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thumbs up

Happy deathday, Eonwe! Here's to the next seven!
Old 12-13-2014, 07:14 AM   #751
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Looks like I missed number seven. Has it really been that long?
Time flies when you don't have a pulse, as they say. Mazel tov, young sir!
Old 12-13-2014, 08:05 AM   #752
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Another Deathday for me already? Fourteen years! It's amazing that as much as has changed for me in that time, this cozy old barrow is still here.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #753
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tar-Jêx has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Another Deathday for me already? Fourteen years! It's amazing that as much as has changed for me in that time, this cozy old barrow is still here.
Congratulations for being here for more years than rabbits live!
Tar-Jêx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #754
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I keep forgetting how decomposed you truly are. Felicitations on another year of death, my friend!
Old 12-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #755
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Thanks much Tar-Jêx and Sally!
Old 12-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #756
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I've been meaning to post on this thread all week -

guess what day it was on Monday?

My 10th deathday!

That's so strange, I mean I definitely remember thinking that my 10th anniversary will be in 2014 and being like "pfft... I will be so old then!" Great.

It does comfort me though that some people are even more decomposed than I am. *lumps lots of belated congrats at Inzil*
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #757
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Congratulations, Lommy! And thanks for my decomposition wish!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #758
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Very happy deathday to Lommy and Inzil, who are both remarkably more decomposed than I am.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:56 PM   #759
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I have just noticed that the Downs was restored on my Death Day. How cool is that? 13 years among you clever and handsome sorts. Cheers.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:10 PM   #760
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I have just noticed that the Downs was restored on my Death Day. How cool is that? 13 years among you clever and handsome sorts. Cheers.
Clearly, it was a deathday present for you. Feel special.

Happy bucketkickingday!