The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2007, 02:24 AM   #481
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Leaf

We need at least one more volunteer for drawing!
Does anyone object to doubles?

- Hookbill (Draw)
- Lommy (Write)
- Volo (Draw)
- Firefoot (Write)
- Finduilas (Draw)
- Legate of Amon Lanc (Write)
- Aganzir (Draw)
- Kitanna (Write)
- ????? (Draw)
- The Elf-warrior (Write)
_____

- Lommy (Draw)
- Volo (Write)
- Firefoot (Draw)
- Finduilas (write)
- Legate of Amon Lanc (Draw)
- Aganzir (write)
- Kitanna (draw)
- ????? (Write)
- The Elf-warrior (Draw)

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 09-27-2007 at 04:00 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:53 AM   #482
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm all for doubles: writing and drwaing are both so much fun and it's always serious trouble trying to decide which one to do!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:59 AM   #483
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Doubles? Great! That would be the first time I'm trying it, it will surely be funny. It's good in trying both (and in the horror of realizing, when it's your second turn, what was made of the original concept you received the first time).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #484
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Works fine for me.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:44 AM   #485
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe

Well, I'll make a start. Although we still need at least one more volenteer. Let us hope one comes before time runs out!

- Hookbill (Write)
- Lommy (Draw)
- Volo (Write)
- Firefoot (Draw)
- Finduilas (Write)
- Aganzir (Write)
- Kitanna (Draw)
- Gil-Galad (Write)
- The Elf-warrior (Draw)
- Lommy (Write)
- Volo (Draw)
- Firefoot (Write)
- Finduilas (Draw)
- Legate of Amon Lanc (write)
- Aganzir (Draw)
- Kitanna (Write)
- Gil-Galad (Draw)

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 11-08-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #486
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i'm in
Old 10-13-2007, 05:54 PM   #487
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Question

May we have an update on where's it going?
Old 10-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #488
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
May we have an update on where's it going?
Eek, sorry, yeah....

Aganzir has the task at the moment.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #489
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Aganzir isn't responding... Is s/he dead* or something?

*Yes, I know this is the Barrow Downs and we're all 'Dead', but I mean the boring sort of dead.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:14 AM   #490
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

No she's not dead , (she was without a net access since Sunday afternoon), but she's back home now so I guess she should be responding soon... (I know her from RL.)
Old 10-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #491
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have now sent my sentence. Sorry for being late - I had no idea my turn would be so soon because when I had a chance to check the Downs last time it still seemed to be Volo's turn. Lommy has already explained the rest.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #492
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

White Tree

We're up to part two! It's really looking brilliant so far!
Old 11-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #493
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'd so much like to see what comes out of this...

Can't wait anymore... Hurry up, people!
Old 11-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #494
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

I'm still waiting for Finduilas' drawing... I think I'll send another PM...
Old 11-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #495
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My greatest apologies to each and every one of you. I will admit that drawing on the computer isn't one of my strong points.

So, Hookbill should get the picture sometime tonight, but it will be... well, far from satisfactory. Ever so sorry.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #496
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
My greatest apologies to each and every one of you. I will admit that drawing on the computer isn't one of my strong points.

So, Hookbill should get the picture sometime tonight, but it will be... well, far from satisfactory. Ever so sorry.
Don't worry, Fin, it isn't one of my strongest points either (and I'm probably right if I say it's not the strong point of all other 'downers either) - but that's the thing that makes it fun! I mean, for example, my pictures wouldn't be half as silly as they are if I really could use paint like pen and paper...
Old 11-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #497
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
People, this one must be really brutal... with the double rounds, when one has the possibility to see how the thing has mutated, he is just left to speculation how that came to this... (I have some ideas on which things developed out of what. But it's absolutely horrific and I cannot explain the process anyway.)

I am really eager to see it all...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-05-2007, 03:33 AM   #498
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well, to be honest I've already forgotten what I drew and I have only vague recollections of the sentence I wrote... So for me at least it will be a brand new surprise...
Old 11-07-2007, 02:44 AM   #499
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

We are almost at the end! I can't wait! Hurry up, people!

...no, you can take your time, of course the better you make it, the more fun it's going to be... just that... I'm really eager to see this one.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:48 AM   #500
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Pipe Sorry folks...

I lost all the information, so we'll have to start again...

- Hookbill (Write)
- Lommy (Draw)
- Volo (Write)
- Firefoot (Draw)
- Finduilas (Write)
- Aganzir (Write)
- Kitanna (Draw)
- Gil-Galad (Write)
- The Elf-warrior (Draw)
- Lommy (Write)
- Volo (Draw)
- Firefoot (Write)
- Finduilas (Draw)
- Legate of Amon Lanc (write)
- Aganzir (Draw)
- Kitanna (Write)
- Gil-Galad (Draw)

Ah, only joking...

We began with some unusual stuff going on in the Downs...

"As the Barrow Wight's head fell off, The Necromancer realised where he might have gone wrong in choosing dead people as his servants..."

Lommy was attacked by a gang of vicious Italian plumbers armed with mushrooms. But she still found time to draw this:

Volo was captured by armed criminals. Then called the police. Then came home and wrote this:

"Sauron is changing sides once again, but has trouble getting rid of his undead army"

Firefoot's fire hands were put to the test for a drawing contest...

There was nothing for it! Finduilas had no choice but the shoot a goose out of a cannon and then come home and write some weird stuff...

"The Army of the Dead marched about to attack Sauron's right flank. Thinking that anything dead and as repulsive as the green army must be his own minions, the walking Sauron reproved them with a terrible voice from his flaming eye. The dead army stared at him in confusion." [I cut this down because it was too long, but the essence is still there. Sorry Finduilas, hope you're not offended.]

Legate was happy to eat the cakes we provided him. All 45000 of them. Then he drew this...

We all hoped that Aganzir wouldn't be tempted by the mountain of chocolate. So we distracted him with some tactful Paper Telephone writing...

"Sauron In Boots tries to scare off an army of Dead Men, Gollum the mummy, a white dwarf and a slimy green thing in order to prevent them attack the Morgul-host"
Old 11-09-2007, 02:49 AM   #501
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Tolkien

Kitanna's face filled with dead. How could such a thing be captured in a picture? Well, we soon found out...

Gil-Galad faced terrible odds. And Evens. But soon all numbers were put aside in favour of words...

"Gandalf countered the With-Kings mummy-Gollum summon with creept ghosts, but alas the With-King said a mighty "go away" and beat them back as well encouraging Gandalf to surrender to W-K's mighty boots"

The Elf-warrior's adventure began with a bang! So they say. But it probably actually started with breakfast and a drawing...

So we began Part 2. Lommy returned with a hand full of soil and a face full of cake for no real reason...

"Three walking eggs fuss around while a beardless Gandalf is begging for mercy and Egg #1 is crying Gollum's name"

Volo drifted off into the sea. But we put a stop to that nonsense...

Firefoot's eyes were given a real hard time on this task... So she learned to read Braille and we were okay...

"Heedless of his companion's advice, Gandalf lost his beard because he refused to hide it under his pillow, thereby turning said companion and Gollum into rather egg-shaped beings with chicken legs."
Old 11-09-2007, 02:50 AM   #502
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Finduilas was just as confused as the rest of us.

Legate had no choice but to write to his local MP. But we intercepted it...

"During Gandalf's stay at Bree, the squint-eyed companion of Bill Ferny stole the wizard's beard in hope to sell it to the Black Riders for a high price. After Strider started to remind his friend about safe ways to protect one from night raids during an inn stay, the angered old wizard, desperate because of his loss, turned the honorable Ranger Captain into an enormous egg."

Aganzir fired several people into the sun. Then drew this...

Kitanna wrote an epic poem. But we burned it in Mount Zoom... So instead she wrote this...

After a pint at the Prancing Pony, Gandalf explains to Aragorn the dangers of letting Hobbits trim your beard when the Nazgul are abroad

Gil was forced to draw a picture whether he liked it or not...

The Elf-warrior finished off this dive into what must be the most unusual Paper Telephone yet...

It was a bad idea giving Boromir a spear back then and it was still a bad idea, Gandalf thought as he faced the prospect of death by spear
Old 11-09-2007, 02:59 AM   #503
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

That was surely one of the funniest this far!

Awesome pics and captions. I laughed so much. And this time the message really changed a lot. Hahaha, I'm still laughing. This really made my day.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:00 AM   #504
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

!!!

Total madness???

(Call me back after a few minutes when I catch my breath)
Old 11-09-2007, 03:33 AM   #505
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.

Oh dear. It's so nice to burst out laughing in the quiet school library. This is the craziest and the funniest I've ever seen.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #506
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I must admit, the pasrt with the eggs was great. I actually still wonder why Elf Warrior drew an egg-shaped WK.

I must say, Legate, you've drawn quite a work of art there. What program(s) did you use?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #507
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Thumbs up

Craziest this was, if nothing more!

Very good phrases here too.

EDIT: Oh my, I just noticed Gandalf's double-back :$
Old 11-09-2007, 11:13 AM   #508
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Oh my!
I really want to know where those eggs came. Oh such confusion!

But hilarious none the less.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #509
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Something I forgot to ask in my previous post: who's going to mod the next round?
Whoever it is, you can put my name on the list. Drawing, unless we'll have doubles again.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #510
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
Thumbs up

Wow! That was hilarious!

I think it's time I came back and joined in. I would like to write in the next round.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #511
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Since this one was so great, I just have to sign up once again. If possible, I'd like to draw, though if there's a problem with the roles, I can take writing as well. Of course, if a mod is found.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #512
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Pipe

If someone else could mod I'd be very happy. I'd like to do some writing or drawing. I hope we has doubles again!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #513
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Dark-Eye

I'm not a good drawer. I did a second drawing, but I figured it wasn't much better, so I decided I would go with my first draft. In the second drawing, the W-K looks suspiciously like a caterpillar.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:36 PM   #514
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
If someone else could mod I'd be very happy.
I honestly promise to mod the one after this upcoming one, but I really can't fill my promise of modding sometime right now as my ww game is starting soon (and that's modding enough for me). Let's hope there's someone who can mod now.

I'd like to sign up, though, and preferably draw, it's so funny.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:38 PM   #515
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Well, looks like no one is offering, so I'll mod again, if that's okay with everyone.

But this time we'll START with a picture... *sinister laugh*

Let us see what happens...

Hookbill - Draw
Nimrodel_9 - write
Aganzir - draw
Legate of Amon Lanc - write
Thinlómien - draw
Volo - Write
The Elf-warrior - draw
The Might - write

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 11-20-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:58 AM   #516
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I'm in!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #517
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Thumbs up

Me too! I'll do either role, but beware my dreadful drawings!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #518
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sign me up for writing.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:56 PM   #519
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

The Eye

Are there any more takers? I'd like to start before Sunday if that's okay with everyone. So, we could do with a few more volunteers otherwise it'll be doubles again...

Hookbill - Draw
Nimrodel_9 - write
Aganzir - draw
Legate of Amon Lanc - write
Thinlómien - draw
Volo - Write
The Elf-warrior - draw
The Might - write
????? - draw
????? - write
____

Nimrodel_9 - draw
Aganzir - write
Legate of Amon Lanc - draw
Thinlómien - write
Volo - Draw
The Elf-warrior - write
The Might - draw
????? - write
????? - draw

*Warning: shoe lace taster may explode and / or not exist.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 11-23-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:39 AM   #520
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

But doubles are great fun. I still wouldn't mind having a few more people, though: the more the merrier...