The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2017, 06:22 PM   #361
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Still, I guess it's better there was no lynch than that an innocent Eonwe was lynched? Maybe? Either way, I'm super unimpressed with the probable innocents who let that happen - I'm looking at Sally and Brinn, who should have known better than to let it get that close to a tie. And also who didn't pick up on the very obvious wolf pack behavior by Legate, Lal, and Eomer. That should have been an easy lynch, and they royally messed it up.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #362
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well if we hadn't empowered and Nerwen is telling truth we saved an innocent at least

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #363
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Silly living people.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #364
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The one thing I could think of to explain Sally and Brinn's votes is maybe the GW tried to intervene on a Gifted Legate's behalf, but I think Legate would have just revealed as Gifted if that were the case.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:41 PM   #365
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Brinniel was defending Sally over Shasta as submarine saying she posted more content. Hmm Edit No actually she said the reverse. Well that is another theory scuppered

Anyway http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x227rl we can dance if we want to

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-20-2017 at 10:37 AM. Reason: correction
Old 07-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #366
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Brinniel was defending Sally over Shasta as submarine saying she posted more content. Hmm

Anyway http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x227rl we can dance if we want to
I was just listening to that...
Old 07-19-2017, 06:56 PM   #367
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Splendid

Old 07-20-2017, 12:42 AM   #368
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Indeed!

It's now up to this Night's activity whether the game still continues or not.

The positive side is, that the EW needs to succeed in two different actions (one turning into a wolf and one kill) and the GW seems to have quite a nice track-record in intervening her plans (or stumbling on them) thus far.

The negative side is, that the Evil-side can co-operate whereas the good one probably can't. I haven't yet read the end of yesterDay and it seems (looking at the discussion in this thread) there just might be a possibility for goodies to know things? Well, I'm going to read that myself the next.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:35 AM   #369
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I'm super unimpressed with the probable innocents who let that happen - I'm looking at Sally and Brinn, who should have known better than to let it get that close to a tie. And also who didn't pick up on the very obvious wolf pack behavior by Legate, Lal, and Eomer. That should have been an easy lynch, and they royally messed it up.
I'm a bit worried it wasn't that simple...

Truly, you could read Legate and Lalaith being somewhat annoyed hearing the gifteds might be given knowledge on other innocents' roles. But looking at it from another angle it might also be read as last minute stress when they were afraid a baddie was pulling a major trick on them and they felt powerless against it.

I mean I don't know. I'm kind of drawn to the first interpretation (aka. Lalaith & Legate could be wolves - Lal from the beginning, Leg from N3 could fit). But think also of the possibility Nerwen is a wolf - they knew that if an innocent was lynched they'd only need to manage a conversion or a kill the next Night (so only one of their two actions would be enough) to win. And I certainly wouldn't put it past Nerwen to be able and willing to pull that kind of daring from her arsenal.

The good thing is, there are clearly two parties forming there. So we just need to pick up the right one to back it toMorrow (given there is a toMorrow) - and there are all the odds the Night's actions could give us a clue on that.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:42 AM   #370
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh, and still on a totally different issue.

Now that we have no fresh lynchee, should we check someone - and who? Is there any reason why a certain Night's action would be more interesting to know more about than some other's? Is there actually anything we can learn from the Night-kills, or are we all Night-killed plain ordos by definition (as goodies we wouldn't want to hide any role given to us from each other here, I presume)?
Old 07-20-2017, 02:14 AM   #371
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well Kuru has cleared up my mystery we won't know if you are a visitor til it happens. A hunter kill would require 2 carcases ao unless i am being terminally thick as usual we don't have one among us. Wolf on wolf nightkill seems unlikely. But may as well confirm one night kill. I would rather it not me , not because I am scared just won't learn anything.

I am going to read through with my vote liat and see if it confirma my ideaa and prejudices!

Old 07-20-2017, 02:33 AM   #372
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ugh. Ugh.

I am so confused. Will be back later, but I really don't know who's who in the living thread. Also I don't know what the good wizard is playing at.

Yes we should confirm someone's role. If Morsul was something weird I think we'd know by now. I know I was an ordo. So I'd go for either Mith or Nogrod. Maybe check which one has a weirder narration? Also Nogrod, unlike Mith, hasn't explicitly stated he was an ordo, or then I missed it.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:44 AM   #373
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I rather think our living had stopped worrying about vote trail since they thought game ending. Only advantage goodies had is that the baddies needed to avoid Hunter and GW. I suspect all those who voted for Eonwe are evil . Eomer may be only ordo. If Nerwen is EW she hasn't full complement of wolves or she would have got her kill. Anyway that is my theory. Will see if it pans out.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:20 AM   #374
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Nog
Lommy makes a fair point.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:44 AM   #375
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

]++Nogrod

Old 07-20-2017, 04:01 AM   #376
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I can only say the same as Lommy & Mith, that I myself would learn something from checking another person than me, but well, one can't always get what one wants.

So fine by me. I'm an ordo.

++ Nogrod

The narration the Night I died was pretty weird - but if the only viable extra with my ordoness is that I'm the visitor (which I doubt looking back at the situation both wizards were in), then we won't learn it this way... But anyway. No problem as I don't see any maajor reason to believe that Morsul, Lommy or Mith were some evil tricksters either.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:16 AM   #377
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Get this out of the way:

++Nog
Old 07-20-2017, 06:54 AM   #378
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Well, that makes a majority, and since I am about to step out my door for a brief out of town work trip...

*drumroll*

Nogrod is PREY.

FYI, I won't be available again until a few hours before deadline.

Now, a happy song to build morale!

Doubly appropriate as it is a summer time anthem.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 AM   #379
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Well, that makes a majority, and since I am about to step out my door for a brief out of town work trip...

*drumroll*

Nogrod is PREY.
Good to know he's not leading us astray. An evil Nog is very adept at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Now, a happy song to build morale!

Doubly appropriate as it is a summer time anthem.
Excellent. I feel sunnier already.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #380
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Darnit, missed the reveal...

Well then just for the record...

++Morsul

At least there was a probable innocent saved. I'm inclined to believe Nerwen. Her and Shasta usually team up together which is awesome for us if they're gifteds, but absolutely dreadful if they're wolves.

Shasta's got a point about sally's tone this game too...Granted I was more random and strange than usual, but if she's innocent she's being very unhelpful and careless.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #381
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I say this because while Nerwen is speaking more certainty on her knowledge (certainty that would suggest either gifted or wolf/EW)...

Those who are challenging her "how she knows" aren't going after her to lynch. Lalaith, Legate, Eomer...it's like they're trying to leave her for a night kill if they're able. Because they're trying to cast doubt on her knowledge, therefore she's evil...but then they turn to get Eonwe lynched for basically no reason.

Sorry if none of that makes sense. Basically if Lalaith, Legate, and Eomer were innocent and truly felt Nerwen is evil/false with her reveals yesterday, why did they try to get Eonwe lynched?
Old 07-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #382
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Is there any real point I wonder putting more time in this I feel it is going to all happen without us intervening.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #383
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Is there any real point I wonder putting more time in this I feel it is going to all happen without us intervening.
Certainly our hands are tied for the moment. What comes next we'll see after the Day breaks....
Old 07-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #384
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

As there is a real option the game ends toNight, I see no great incentive to work for hours trying to clear things up to myself - or to you my companions in this predicament. Especially because if the game actually continues after the dawn comes, there will be some critically important new information to chew, possibly making most our toil toNight irrelevant or at least outdated.

So with that I'll probably withdraw now from toNight (I'll check around later if something happens).

See you toMorrow! Hopefully in a game that is still on!

PS. We're going to our summer-cottage tomorrow afternoon (RL = GMT +3) with a gang... including Lommy and Legate. We'll have internet access there and at least our phones - I thought I might take my laptop with me (not sure yet) but as there is no electricity, there is no way to charge it once the battery runs out. And anyway, we'll be concentrating mostly on other things than WW up to Sunday/Monday (not sure yet whether we come back on Sunday evening or on Monday).
Old 07-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #385
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
As there is a real option the game ends toNight, I see no great incentive to work for hours trying to clear things up to myself - or to you my companions in this predicament. Especially because if the game actually continues after the dawn comes, there will be some critically important new information to chew, possibly making most our toil toNight irrelevant or at least outdated.

So with that I'll probably withdraw now from toNight (I'll check around later if something happens).

See you toMorrow! Hopefully in a game that is still on!

PS. We're going to our summer-cottage tomorrow afternoon (RL = GMT +3) with a gang... including Lommy and Legate. We'll have internet access there and at least our phones - I thought I might take my laptop with me (not sure yet) but as there is no electricity, there is no way to charge it once the battery runs out. And anyway, we'll be concentrating mostly on other things than WW up to Sunday/Monday (not sure yet whether we come back on Sunday evening or on Monday).
Ok, sir. Hope you all have a great time unplugged from the world!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #386
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Save that Master Nogrod has forgotten that he may be a visitor but he may have a better recall than I do and not need to make notes. Certainly he and Lommie can sort out his wrongness between themselves...

Old 07-20-2017, 05:45 PM   #387
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

The Cast

Legate of Amon Lanc
Brinniel
satansaloser2005
Eomer of the Rohirrim

Nerwen
Shastanis Althreduin
Eönwë

Inziladun
Loslote
Boromir88
Morsul the Dark
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Mithalwen
Nogrod
Pervinca Took

WEREWOLVES VICTORIOUS!

In honor of the werewolf victory, let us now consider this thread concluded and have our post game discussion in the Living Thread.