The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #81
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Oh how I love to fill these out...

Name: CoDzilla. Because if anyone can beat Godzilla, it's me. Sometimes I respond to Apocalyptic Voodoo Monkey...you know, when I'm getting my Voodoo on.

Quest: To find a sandwich that is 3 years old and still tastes good. Because I've yet to find one...

Favourite colour: Black, for it is the color of awesome.

Most beloved Tolkien character: Sean Be...I mean, Boromir.

Least beloved Tolkien character: All of the Hobbits.

Worst habit: I love all of my habits equally (in theory)...except for fingernail biting. That one is what you might call my "red-headed step-child".

Best habit: Writing. Or Sleeping.

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: I am not sure I have any?

Weirdest hobby: Singing at random. Or doing impressions at random. I do a mean Sean Connery.

Best place in Middle Earth: Angmar.

Best place outside of Middle Earth: I'll take 'My Mind' for $300, Alex. Oh, that sounds like I'm talking to myself again...or is I?

Most embarrassing moment: I cannot recall anything really bad recently, so I'll choose the time I was sitting in my chair and it fell out from under me rather quickly. Laughs ensued all around.

Most daring moment: I do not recall ever being very daring...stupid, yes...but not daring.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Sean Bean.

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Orlando Bloom.

Theme song: Fighting Dreamers.

Style guru: That I cannot say, as I have no style.

Most crucial accessory:

Greatest weakness: Tickling.

Greatest strength: My mind.

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: The Shire.

Best Downer Buddy: Durelin.

Parting shot: Game over!
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #82
Elmo
Pittodrie Poltergeist

Elmo has just left Hobbiton.
Name:He Who Arises In Might sans spaces

Quest: Laser

Favourite colour:Reds, As in 'Come on you...'

Most beloved Tolkien character: The drunken wood elf

Least beloved Tolkien character: Tom Bombadil

Worst habit: My Irishness

Best habit: My Irishness

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Kirsty Wark I think I'm going to put her in Orthanc

Weirdest hobby: Lord of the Rings messageboards

Best place in Middle Earth: Any inn

Best place outside of Middle Earth:
Any inn

Most embarrassing moment:
Happens when I'm drunk, can't remember

Most daring moment: Sitting in the home end in Ibrox when I couldn't buy away,

Favourite "LotR" actor: Sean Bean

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Whoever played Merry

Theme song: Loser by Beck

Style guru: Myself...

Most crucial accessory: Myself...

Greatest weakness: Hilarious anecdotes

Greatest strength: I can't think of one, it's probably due to my Scottish cringe

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: It's all good

Best Downer Buddy: I quite like The Might, he gave me my first ever good rep

Parting shot: BANG!

Last edited by hewhoarisesinmight; 04-15-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #83
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Name: Legate of Amon Lanc, Legate; even Amon (by (c)Gil-Galad) or Leggy (by (c)Elempi).

Quest: To learn, and to pass on what I have learned. (no, this does not concern only the Downs or only Tolkien!)

Favourite colour: Probably blue or orange.

Most beloved Tolkien character: Hard to choose. I came to adopt all of them as parts of one great family (read: work). But if I had to name someone... well, no, I cannot. Radagast, Ulmo. Galadriel? Tuor. Mr. Baggins. Saruman and possibly Gorbag for the bad guys. That's the narrowest choice. You can make a picture out of it.

Least beloved Tolkien character: Saeros. Eventually, Daeron.

Worst habit: From certain time, checking the Downs only to see if I haven't missed anything important frequently at the time I should be doing something else.

Best habit: Uh - do I have any? Besides, it would be quite immodest. Hey, there you go - being modest. So forget I said it.

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Jennie Garth.

Weirdest hobby: The Downs. Sorry, but it is weird.

Best place in Middle Earth: Hey, what about CIRITH NINNIACH!

Best place outside of Middle Earth: probably Českomoravská vysočina, the village of Polom and nearby.

Most embarrassing moment: Momentarily I can't think of any but one where I misspelled something, but the "joke" is untranslateable.

Most daring moment: Oh, hmm, I don't know.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Christopher Lee or Ian Holm.

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Probably... hmm... Viggo Mortensen *runs for cover from fan girls* EDIT: How could I forget Legolas? *runs for even more cover and starts to dig a hole* No, but actually Legolas is only for that all the fair-haired elves look terrible. *starts changing the hole into atom bunker* Don't shoot, don't shoot... nothing against Orlando in other films, but this is just... *BOOM*

Theme song: "Breakthrough" sung by Richard Wright. Omnia mutatur, though.

Style guru: hey, what's that? (yes, that pretty much sums my opinion)

Most crucial accessory: *scratches head* The Bible?

Greatest weakness: though I am constantly trying to break it, sometimes I can be just terribly lazy.

Greatest strength: God is my strength. Sorry, but if I posted anything else, I'll be high and la-di-da.

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: Quiz Room, Mirth, or Books... you cannot choose one, obviously.

Best Downer Buddy: as one would guess, The Might. Not only for his constant contribution in the Quiz Room, but also other thoughtful, or funny, comments.

Parting shot: Shine on!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #84
Ataralasse
Pile O'Bones

Ataralasse has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

Name: Ataralasse

Quest: To beat through my thick skull a certain equation (God + 0 = enough)

Favourite colour: I have several. Black, indigo, dark blue, spring green

Most beloved Tolkien character: Hmm ... I have several of these as well. Boromir, Faramir, Legolas, Gandalf ...

Least beloved Tolkien character: ... Um. Tom Bombadil.

Worst habit: Probably forgetting things, procrastination, cowardice, forgetting lots of things (ha. Ha.) ...

Best habit: Well, I try to utilize good English and spelling ... ?

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: I don't really get crushes. I get minor obsessions. (Hard to explain, but minor obsessions are actually less severe than crushes.)

Weirdest hobby: I start something (like writing a certain kind of story, or water-colors), then it sort of trails off into something else.

Best place in Middle Earth: Mirkwood!

Best place outside of Middle Earth: Rock River (I think it's called that) in N.C., also Chimney Rock, N.C.; anywhere else really scenic.

Most embarrassing moment: I'm not telling. I suppress them. Too many.

Most daring moment: Probably sand surfing in Brazil. Or talking to strangers about God.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Er ... argh ... um ... don't have one.

Least favourite "LotR" actor: I don't like the views of some of them (on the TTT commentary I wished the actors would just SHUT UP about the war in Iraq. ARGH. ::strangle:: ::deep breath:: I'm okay now.)

Theme song: Don't have one.

Style guru: ?

Most crucial accessory: Well, it isn't strictly-speaking 'crucial', but I always seem to wear my 'Battleship North Carolina' baseball cap.

Greatest weakness: Hm. Probably smarter people. I'm rather gullible. EDIT: How could I forget computers?! Give me a computer, I'm gone. I'm also easily amused.

Greatest strength: God

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: I haven't been here long enough to know.

Best Downer Buddy: I don't seem to make many friends on forums.

Parting shot: This was the way the voices told me to write it.

Last edited by Ataralasse; 04-15-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Ataralasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #85
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Name: Galadriel55, Galadriel, G55

Quest: Trying to make people believe that Tolkien is great (yeah, I'm that fanatical)

Favourite colour: I'd say blue

Most beloved Tolkien character: I have like 50 favourites

Least beloved Tolkien character: they all have their charm. Maybe Daeron

Worst habit: Trying to make sense

Best habit: Making sense

Really: worst - exagerating
best - doing things on time (mostly)

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: I hardly know who the celebrities today are, much less have a crush on any.

Weirdest hobby: Checking the Downs every minute that I have access to a computer... well, almost every minute.

Best place in Middle Earth: Rivendell

Best place outside of Middle Earth: My room. No, wait, that's the worst. The best would be in the middle of nowhere near lake Huron.

Most embarrassing moment: every time I talk about something without understanding what I' saying. Also, I made a typo in the name of my first thread - instead of "Gandalf - great or a joke of a wizard" I wrote "Gandalf - geat or a joke of a wizard".

Most daring moment: ummm... how about posting all this?

Favourite "LotR" actor: probably Cate Blanchett

Least favourite "LotR" actor: the guy who played Denethor (I forgot his name )

Theme song: none

Style guru: ?

Most crucial accessory: hmmm... nothing that's really crucial

Greatest weakness: chocolate. or reading in class. or both.

Greatest strength: Not bragging right now

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: Mirth

Best Downer Buddy: all of you guys!

Parting shot: I'm awesome! Aren't I?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #86
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Much changes in six years...

Name: Fea

Quest: to loophole my way into getting every single thing my heart desires while still helping out the world (still valid)

Favourite colour: yellowish-blue (still valid)

Most beloved Tolkien character: I'm torn between Fingolfin and Eomer (still valid)

Least beloved Tolkien character: Ioreth (no longer valid): I don't really like most of the Dwarves in the Hobbit.

Worst habit: getting people to agree to something without actually asking them to do it (note that I'm in the clear if I didn't start it ) (still accurate, but I have worse habits): messing around on the internet instead of buckling down to get work done.

Best habit: see my worst habit. (there is validity in the internet play, but...): assuming nothing is ever 'good enough' and always working harder.

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Hugh Laurie (a wee bit old for me, I'll admit, but who can resist a drug-addicted jerk that so cleverly saves so many lives?). (no longer valid): Giles from Buffy.

Weirdest hobby: define weirdest. (still fairly appropriate): hunting megafauna with no desire to kill it.

Best place in Middle Earth: Rivendell (still good)

Best place outside of Middle Earth: home (addendum needed): home is a state of mind, not a location.

Most embarrassing moment: walking into a random soda machine (of course there's more to the story, but that's quite enough to go on) (no longer valid): walking into a critique situation, knowing my work was not the best or even my best, and knowing I could have prevented that.

Most daring moment: raising my hand and sharing my opinion in front of a couple dozen distinguished professors and a world-renowned expert at a bio-terrorism lecture, all old enough to be my parents or even grandparents (no longer valid): falling in love.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Sean Bean (yes)

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Craig Parker (grumble... yes)

Theme song: Defying Gravity from the Wicked soundtrack (not even close): unwilling to chose, because the songs I feel most strongly drawn to, regarding my life and motives, would suggest I'm fiendishly depressed, and I'm not.

Style guru: I've not got one (wrong): E&S of academichic.com

Most crucial accessory: my green and orange arcade bracelets. They don't leave my right wrist. (they died my freshman year of college): my wristwatch.

Greatest weakness: white chocolate mocha lattes. I can't make it through a Wednesday without grabbing one before I head off to my first engagement of the day. I mean... I can... but I really hate doing it. (life changes and I no longer have access to white chocolate mocha lattes on a daily basis, ergo...): tea.

Greatest strength: my confidence (addendum): my ability to ignore my own lack of confidence and get things done really well

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: my PM inbox. Thanks to you (by 'you' I mean 'you guys know who you are'), my day is often brightened with random chat about religion, hair color, art, politics, psychology, Aldous Huxley, high school phys. ed. teachers, education systems, and writing, as well as whatever else crops up. It's such an education. (no longer true): I lurk on the Downs, but my favorite place to visit For the Downers is Facebook.

Best Downer Buddy: I flatly refuse to choose. I'm too fond of too many people, and for too many different reasons. (slight alteration): Since writing this, I met and adopted Mira, and she became a member. I have to love my sister best.

Parting shot: Live long and prosper.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #87
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Do you really want to know this much about me?

Name: Inziladun, Zil.

Quest: I seek the grail! But in my spare time I try to guide my family in the right direction, and raise my daughter to be an exceptional person.

Favourite colour: Grey or blue tends to be what I prefer.

Most beloved Tolkien character: Faramir. Which is one reason I so despise what PJ did to him.

Least beloved Tolkien character: Radagast, for leaving off fighting Sauron in favour of becoming a Disney Princess who hangs out in the woods and talks to animals.

Worst habit: My attention span tends to be rather short, unless I'm doing something I really enjoy.

Best habit: Hmm. Perhaps my constant desire to learn new things and expand my horizons.

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Kate Winslet. The best-looking and most talented actress alive.

Weirdest hobby: I watch Youtube videos of people playing video games that I've played (and beaten) myself.

Best place in Middle Earth: Lindon, after the Fall of Númenor.

Best place outside of Middle Earth: The Gulf of Mexico beaches.

Most embarrassing moment: Ramming another car from behind because I'd assumed he was going to go and took my eyes off the road to check for cross-traffic. No one was hurt, thankfully.

Most daring moment: Not sure. Maybe the time I made beep beep backing-up noises when my boss (who'd just announced he was going on a diet) came into the room.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Ian Holm. I liked him in Aliens and Time Bandits.

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Orlando Bloom.

Theme song: Chemical World by Blur

Style guru: What's that?

Most crucial accessory: Well...there are some people here who know. Think about it, Finns.

Greatest weakness: Impatience

Greatest strength: My eclectic store of knowledge.

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: The Books has to be # 1.

Best Downer Buddy: Impossible to say!

Parting shot: A herd mentality just leads everyone into the river where the crocodiles wait.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:43 AM   #88
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
Silmaril

Name: MellrynxMaiden, Mellryn or MM

Quest: To be considered as an honorary Ranger! No seriously, I do "rangering" in my spare time; So my quest is to become a most exceptional Ranger.

Favourite colour: Earthen colors and the color blue

Most beloved Tolkien character: Halbarad (does it have to be JUST one? *whines* cause there's Lord Elrond and Glorfindel and the Twin Sons of Elrond and...).

Least beloved Tolkien character: I don't know if I HAVE one...maybe Eowyn, or atleast Movie!Eowyn. This truly is a difficult question for me...

Worst habit: Speaking before thinking, most times.

Best habit: My ability to make others smile

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Marton Csokas *whistles*

Weirdest hobby: Most people tend to think my Ranger reenactments are weird.

Best place in Middle Earth: Lothlorien, Imladris or Mithlond (I could go on to say the Angle because it's a Dunedain settlement).

Best place outside of Middle Earth: Wyoming

Most embarrassing moment: Haha, let's just say when you ask a stupid question, you get an equally stupid answer (I can't post said stupid question on here, haha!).

Most daring moment: I'm a very self assured, daring person; I have these moments everyday!

Favourite "LotR" actor: Marton Csokas *grins*, Viggo Mortensen, Sean Bean, Ian McKellen...oh, just one, you say?

Least favourite "LotR" actor: I don't know if I have one, really. Elijah Wood can be obnoxious, but I don't dislike him.

Theme song: Well, my mother say Highway to Hell by AC/DC...but I say If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback (atleast this is my outlook on life). Honestly, I can't choose. You Can't Take Me or Here I Am by Brian Adams OR Get Off of My Back from the Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron soundtrack fit me too.

Style guru: Joan Jett

Most crucial accessory: Does a bow and a quiver of arrows count? How about a hunting knife?

Greatest weakness: Impatience

Greatest strength: I have a way with animals, mainly horses.

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: The RP section or quotes section.

Best Downer Buddy: I quite enjoy conversations with all the Downers!

Parting shot: Aurë Entuluva!
~|And all will turn, to silver glass. A light on the water, Grey ships pass, Into the West. |~ "Few now remember them...yet still some go wandering, sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness, guarding from evil things folks that are heedless."

Last edited by xMellrynxMaidenx; 02-07-2011 at 01:52 AM.
xMellrynxMaidenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:33 AM   #89
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Name: Urwen/Lalaith

Quest: Rendering CoH alive once more

Favourite colour: yellow

Most beloved Tolkien character: Lalaith, Turin, Nienor, Beren, Luthien, Tar-Miriel, Aredhel, Idril, Turin, Nienor, Eowyn, Hurin and Maeglin

Least beloved Tolkien character: Eol, Feanor, Mim, and all Feanorains (except Maglor)

Worst habit: I'm not good at communication

Best habit: Honesty

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: (none)

Weirdest hobby: Laughing...

Best place in Middle Earth: Gondolin

Best place outside of Middle Earth:

Most embarrassing moment:
Most daring moment:

Favourite "LotR" actor:

Least favourite "LotR"

Theme song: Harvest of Sorrow (fits me and my family)

Style guru:

Most crucial accessory: glasses

Greatest weakness:

Greatest strength: patience

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: The Quiz room

Best Downer Buddy:

Parting shot: Laughter is the best medicine

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #90
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Most crucial accessory: Well...there are some people here who know. Think about it, Finns.
Your coffee? Your donut? Your police badge?

Name: Maria. Because my BD name is obvious anyway.

Quest: Travel round the world, then move into a cabin in the middle of a forest and live there with a dog, cats, goats and a horse, growing herbs and painting.

Favourite colour: Prussian blue.

Most beloved Tolkien character: Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, Boromir & Frodo.

Least beloved Tolkien character: Thingol.

Worst habit: I am mean and egotistical.

Best habit: I am sweet and affectionate.

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Jean-Pierre Barda.

Weirdest hobby: Reading obituaries and counting the age difference between the oldest and the youngest deceased.

Best place in Middle Earth: Faelivrin & the Old Forest.

Best place outside of Middle Earth: Hungary, Washington, and Clan Nogrod's summer cottage.

Most embarrassing moment: It's no use being embarrassed about things you can't change.

Most daring moment: Growing up.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Sean Bean & Christopher Lee.

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Liv Tyler.

Theme song: Lycanthropy by Patrick Wolf. And of course Maria from The Sound of Music.

Style guru: Benito Mussolini.

Most crucial accessory: Pocketknife.

Greatest weakness: It's no secret that sweet girls make me purr.

Greatest strength: Ability to say no.

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: Mirth. I'm usually too impatient to read properly anything on The Books.

Best Downer Buddy: The one I live with (ie Lommy). There are so many people I freaking adore, though - and who I would never have met without the Downs.

Parting shot: I'm better than Mufasa was.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #91
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Worst habit: I am mean and egotistical.

Best habit: I am sweet and affectionate.
Not to mention a bit schizophrenic.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #92
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Most daring moment: Growing up.
Oh, definitely! I'm not sure I wanna dare that one for another few years...
Old 02-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #93
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Greatest weakness: It's no secret that sweet girls make me purr.
Mrow?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #94
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Your coffee? Your donut? Your police badge?
Pick one.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #95
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Oh wow, I was the first to ever fill this out (like 5 years ago)! I'm going to sorta copy Fea and put my old answers in italics, see how accurate they still are:

Name: wilwarin538, or Wilwa(most popular), but in the "real world" it would be Vanessa.....those are indeed still my names

Quest: to become a butterfly.....aww, wasn't I adorable, my new quest is to finish University

Favourite colour: blue(but I think that might be a little obvious)...now my favourite colour is pink

Most beloved Tolkien character: Nessa.....haha, no, it's Pippin

Least beloved Tolkien character: Bill Ferny....sure

Worst habit: accidently ignoring people I don't want to ignore
Best habit: accidentely ignoring people I do want to ignore
.....both of those are amazing answers, and still very true

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Alan Rickman(yes I have old man crushes too)......yes!

Weirdest hobby: I like to learn alphabets, not the actual language, just the alphabet (ie. greek, hebrew, arabic) it amuses me ....don't do that anymore, I'm not really sure what my new weirdest hobby is.

Best place in Middle Earth: Lothlorien(cause of all the pretty trees)......yes!

Best place outside of Middle Earth: Canada......yes! Though there are many places other than Canada that I love, but it's certainly number 1

Most embarrassing moment: the time I didn't know what "Tell the Mormegil that Wilwarin is here." was refering to, that was very embarassing (it was in one of the WW games)......I have no memory of that, my current one is recently when I went through a Tim Hortons drive thru (it's a coffee place, super popular up here), and after paying I started driving away without getting my coffee, and I had to back up, then when I started to go to leave I was still in reverse (luckily no one was behind me)

Most daring moment: when I modded WWX, which turned out ok....haha, not so much anymore, I think going on a 13 hour bus ride to Geneva (by myself) and letting the bus driver drop me off at a sketchy truck stop on the side of the highway until Mac could pick me up, was probably pretty daring

Favourite "LotR" actor: Dominic Monaghan....hmm, John Noble has taken over

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Liv Tyler....no, I like her now, the guy who played Elrond bugs me (so much so that I can't recall his name)

Theme song: Veggie Tales!!!!!! ......no, I think Steer by Missy Higgins just about sums up my life right now

Style guru: (<---confused smile)....aww, I was cute. I make my own style! :P

Most crucial accessory: my blue butterfly necklace.....now a silver butterfly necklace!

Greatest weakness: I'm very shy, though that can be a good thing, depends......not as shy anymore, now my biggest weakness is caring what other's think of me too much

Greatest strength: my music.....still relevant, and I'm not afraid to ask questions

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: Middle-Earth Mirth....yes!

Best Downer Buddy: all of you!!!! Actually that would be Glirdan.....yes, still my Glirdy, and now an even greater emphasis on the "all of you"

Parting shot: Vote for Pedro! (first thing that popped into my head).....ha, I was such a dork :P let's go with: "avoid holding onto ideas just because you are used to them"
Old 08-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #96
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Name: Oddwen Floddball. For some reason, all my friends end up calling me Malice.

Quest: I am looking no farther than going to England next year.

Favourite colour: All of them except orange and yellow. I can stand some peaches and corals, but orange is hideous and yellow is an unfriendly and ugly color. I like the blue/purple/grey ranges a lot right now.

Most beloved Tolkien character: Denethor is pretty cool. Uhhhh, Samwise and Pippin. Faramir. Gandalf in "The Hobbit". Smaug. Maeglin, Eol and Maedhros, perhaps, it's been a while since I've read the Silm.

Least beloved Tolkien character: You know, I think it might be Aragorn. Strider is ok, but Aragorn can't make a decision without Gandy by his side. Bergil is kind of annoying.

Worst habit: I talk too much about myself when I think I'm being paid attention to. I talk too much. I encourage too much silliness.

Best habit: I smile, like, all the time. It's creepy.

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Lee Pace is kind of cute. I wouldn't say "crush", though.

Weirdest hobby: Staring.

Best place in Middle Earth: Rivendell.

Best place outside of Middle Earth: Woodsy places.

Most embarrassing moment: I'm sure it's one of the times I've talked too much.

Most daring moment: Getting on a plane and visiting strangers in...Wisconsin. Haha! After that, going to Finland was easy.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Sean Bean, Billy Boyd and Ian Holm are the only ones I can endure.

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Everyone else.

Theme song: "No Rain" by Blind Melon, "Tall Tales Taste Like Sour Grapes" by Fair to Midland.

Style guru: The mood I'm in.

Most crucial accessory: Glasses, alas, cool socks if the weather is right. Sparklies to wear in my skin.

Greatest weakness: Narcissism, antisocialism, deviousness, lack of willpower. Going out of my way to ignore things I don't understand or want to understand. Being afraid to begin things. Giving up too easily.

Greatest strength: Patience with other people, general upbeatness, the lack of personal drama.

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: Mirth, Mirth, oh, and Mirth.

Best Downer Buddy: Eamane Aldarion (she hasn't posted yet, but I will have her on here before Britmoot!), Oliphaunts_Rule (she only lasted about a month here, sisters, pfft), and everyone I've met or chatted with.

Parting shot: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:12 PM   #97
Lotrelf
Shade of Carn Dűm

Lotrelf has just left Hobbiton.
Name: Jigyasa
Quest: To become an astronaut
Favourite colour: VIBGYOR
Most beloved Tolkien character: Frodo, obviously. Also Gandalf, Sam, and everyone else of LOTR & TH. It's very hard to choose a second favorite. So all are my one favorite.
Least beloved Tolkien character: None. They're all great for their different reasons
Worst habit: Getting angry.
[B]Best habit[B]: Being curious.
Unlikeliest celebrity crush: An actor who I saw in a youth show in India. My friends still tease me saying he's my "Mr. Perfect". That's crazy.
Weirdest hobby: Not talking to the people very much in real life.
[B]Best place in Middle Earth[B]: The Shire.
Best place outside of Middle Earth: My home. This place is like the Shire.
Most embarrassing moment: I think most of the time I act like an idiot, so there are many.
Most daring moment: don't know. I panic on many things and after finishing the task I think it was very daring!
Favourite "LotR" actor: Ian Mckellen.
Least favourite "LotR" actor: None. They're all good.
Theme song: No idea.
Style guru: No one.
Most crucial accessory: I think my Phone.
Greatest weakness: Being too sensitive.
Greatest strength: Being able to move on.
Favourite place to visit on the Downs: The Books
Best Downer Buddy: Wonder if there are.

Last edited by Lotrelf; 08-17-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Lotrelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #98
Corsair_Caruso
Haunting Spirit

Corsair_Caruso has just left Hobbiton.
Name: Corsair_Caruso, or "Balgand," according to Realelvish

Quest: to become a world famous opera singer, voice teacher, and fiction writer

Favourite colour: Hmmm... bluish green?

Most beloved Tolkien character: I really like Finrod. I think I'm going to have to call him my favorite, with Ecthelion and Glorfindel coming close behind him.

Least beloved Tolkien character: Hmm... I mean, there are plenty of characters to hate, but you usually love to hate them. I think... maybe Eol? Although Caranthir, Curufin and Celegorm were pretty awful. I think I'll say even worse than Eol.

Worst habit: procrastinating

Best habit: when I get into it, working out and eating healthily

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: um... hmmm... unlikeliest... probably Jamie from Sorted Foods.

Weirdest hobby: spending untold hours on AlternateHistory.com...

Best place in Middle Earth: Probably Ost-in-Edhil before Annatar showed up. That would be my favorite place to visit, anyway.

Best place outside of Middle Earth: Ooh... hmm, that's hard. I don't think I can come up with a definitive answer, but the south-west of France was gorgeous.

Most embarrassing moment: Um... I actually don't think I can share that; it was literally shameful, as in, I am truly, deeply ashamed of that. So... my mom changing my bandages on wound where the cyst used to be right above my butt.

Most daring moment: Um... hmm... when I was a kid I jumped into a pool to save a little girl who I thought was drowning. I think I was right, but I was too small to be doing that, so the lifeguard had to pull us both out.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Probably Sir Ian McKellen.

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Um... hmm... I thought Elijah Wood was kind of lacklustre, compared to the rest of the pretty stellar cast. Hmmm... oh, wait! I thought Karl Urban was kind of awful as Eomer.

Theme song: My theme song? I would spend way too much time overthinking what song would actually symbolize me and know way too much about music history to give a good answer in a reasonable amount of time. Pass!

Style guru: If I had to pick one... Jason Statham from the transporter. He looks great in a suit, balding with a buzz-cut. That's how I'd like to look all the time.

Most crucial accessory: probably my iPhone.

Greatest weakness: being selfish and procrastinating; they get me into equal amounts of trouble.

Greatest strength: intelligence!

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: I'm very new, so I don't really have a favorite place yet.

Best Downer Buddy: I don't really have any yet. I've only been here for a few days, so while I've met some nice people, I can't really claim to have any buddies yet.

Parting shot: See you, space cowboy!
Corsair_Caruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #99
FerniesApple
Haunting Spirit

FerniesApple has just left Hobbiton.
Name: FerniesApple

Quest: coffee every morning. without which I make The Mouth of Sauron look like a sweet bunny flumpykin.

Favourite colour: Any shade of Grey

Most beloved Tolkien character: Tom Bombadil

Least beloved Tolkien character: Gollum, annoying little moaner

Worst habit: sarcasm has led to getting punched a lot, or being banned from TORn.

Best habit: Not giving a hoot

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Alan Rickman

Weirdest hobby: scratching my bum in public, it only gets itchy in public places.

Best place in Middle Earth: Ithilien

Best place outside of Middle Earth: finding the door to get in Middle Earth

Most embarrassing moment: Having a badly needed weewee in front of some of that mirror glass/one sided police window stuff thinking the building was empty but in fact housed a busy call centre office full of outraged middle aged telephonists, gawd.

Most daring moment: walking away with head held high, toilet paper trailing from one shoe

Favourite "LotR" actor: Love em all to bits but Sam is my favorite

Least favourite "LotR" actor: those annoying escaping kids

Theme song: Always look on the bright side of life.

Style guru: Severus Snape

Most crucial accessory: silent but deadly farts

Greatest weakness: kittens make me go gagagoogooweee. kittens Rule!

Greatest strength: Bloody minded obstinacy in the face of, well, everything.

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: dunno yet, anywhere the natives are friendly.

Best Downer Buddy: anyone with a warped mind will do.

Parting shot: Thongs are over-rated.
FerniesApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #100
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Anyone who gets banned from TORN is my friend, I was going to say, but then all the rest of your post was even better. Anyone who dresses like Severus Snape is also my friend.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #101
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Splendid, love opera and getting banned from the site where the PJ cultus makes Kim Jong-il jealous is practically a badge of honour. Thongs as in flipflops or..?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #102
FerniesApple
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Anyone who gets banned from TORN is my friend, I was going to say, but then all the rest of your post was even better. Anyone who dresses like Severus Snape is also my friend.
Thanks and I actually got banned twice.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #103
FerniesApple
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Splendid, love opera and getting banned from the site where the PJ cultus makes Kim Jong-il jealous is practically a badge of honour. Thongs as in flipflops or..?
er the underwear that makes one when its too tight.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #104
Smug the Fabulous
Pile O'Bones

Smug the Fabulous has just left Hobbiton.
Name: Smug the Fabulous

Quest: To become a filmmaker and writer

Favourite colour: Black

Most beloved Tolkien character: Sam, because I've had many friends like him and sometimes I've been that kind of friend.

Least beloved Tolkien character: Sauron

Worst habit: Procrastination

Best habit: Acting out scenes from stories I have in my head...it's all improvised and it gives me ideas on how a scene will turn out. Though I always do it when no one's in the house.

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Christopher Lee (when he was younger, of course)

Weirdest hobby: Picking the bark off sticks

Best place in Middle Earth: The Shire, specifically somewhere near the borders of Buckland

Best place outside of Middle Earth: Tenby in Pembrokeshire

Most embarrassing moment: Oh God, we'll be here all day...

Most daring moment: Acting in a school production of "A Christmas Carol", playing a small part and deciding to go over-the-top in my last performance, making the audience laugh...in a way, it was an act of revenge for not getting the part of Scrooge.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Ian Holm

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Liv Tyler

Theme song: "Give Me Chocolate" by Babymetal, 'cause I like metal and I like J-Pop

Style guru: Blondie from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Most crucial accessory: My digital camera

Greatest weakness: Social anxiety

Greatest strength: Creativity

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: At the moment, The Movies

Best Downer Buddy: I've only started posting recently, so I've yet to get to know you guys

Parting shot: ORANGE SPACE MONKEY!!!
"It is everywhere. It is everything. Its scales glisten in the bark of trees. Its roar is heard in the wind. And its forked tongue strikes like... *lightning strikes* whoa! Like lightning!"-Merlin, Excalibur(1981)
Smug the Fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote