Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #681
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
as a result, maybe the phantom can delay Aldarion's emotional reaction to when we're writing the 'live' performance?
That's fine- if Sador already had it planned to perform the thing obviously there'd be no chance to change anything and Aldarion would recognize the pointlessness of voicing any complaints until after all is said and done (all it would do is encourage the actors to pull away from the performance), so yes, he'd continue with his fine dedication as indicated in my last post. (Though it's possible that Gloredhel would know that Aldarion found a couple things odd about the script, either due to subtle expressions or just from knowing his deep-seated likes and dislikes.)

But where are we performing precisely? Layout? Audience? Since the guests are yours, did you wish to determine reactions and such? Aldarion didn't plan any of this and is in unfamiliar territory, so I don't feel I can advance any of the action at this point, but I'll certainly react to what you put forth.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #682
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mnemo, tell me if you want me to change anything for Brinn.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:32 AM   #683
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Thanks for forcing me back into action, Galadriel55. In general, Brinn's going to be a bit gentler and probably painfully maternal. I'll PM you with some dialog, so that you can work in Thiliel's reactions to it.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #684
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Just posting to say that I'm alive, but after this gasp of air I'm diving again. I'm back in Boston after the summer, but with moving and such I won't have reliable internet until next week. At that point I *hope* to get back into RPing... but we'll see what happens. School also starts then...
Old 08-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #685
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A revised version of my post is up.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #686
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
All right, I had a rough semester, but now that things have finally cooled down I have the time to dedicate to getting this project back on the road (if anyone/everyone else is on board).

Anguirel PMed me letting me know he was withdrawing from the game, but he kindly left some notes regarding the plot of the rest of the day and I'll be forwarding them to the phantom.

After that (if we can get enough other people to sign on) I'd like to see if we can set a week of real-life time to roleplay one day... since the plot of the whole thing takes a week and we're already a few days in, this means we could draw this to an effective conclusion within a month.

Before we start up fully again, though, I'd like some input from everyone else, to see how effective we can make this, thanks!

~Mnemosyne
Old 01-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #687
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I am most certainly definitely surely positively undeniably absolutely in.

I'm not sure I will be able to dedicate a whole week right now, only snatches. But in a couple weeks I should have more time. Though I am able to post at least once in 2 days for sure even now... so whatever works best.

I am quite hazy with which character is where and what were they doing there, but I think I'll get back on track once I reread a bit and start writing. Judging by my last posts on this thread, it's still the insane evening. Are we finishing that first, or moving right on to another Day, covering the rest in flashback?

Ang, whatever keeps you away from this game, good luck with it, and I'll miss your court intrigue posts...
Old 01-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #688
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Did Vëandur's last words move Cirdacil to a heart attack?

I'm very sorry to see Ang bow out too, for it's due to him I've got any notable part in this.

If there's any suggestions on what I could do now, let me know. I've had a lot of fun thus far.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #689
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++King's Players Revival

I'd definitely love to revive this, it's too good a story and was too much fun to write to leave it perpetually enshrined in its present undead state. So yeah, of course I'm in.

A week to a Day sounds like a manageable ratio. My personal problem at the moment is that I'm currently trying to start a Werewolf game, and once it takes off, I'll be busy counting tallies and writing narrations and such; on the other hand, signup has been rather sluggish and I'm still a player or two short, so I have no idea when it's going to start (if ever). I'm on some annual leave until the 23rd, and I think I can squeeze the odd RPG post out of myself between Modding until then, but after that not so likely. What this all boils down to is that it's at the moment difficult to foresee how much time I'll be able to dedicate to KP Reloaded in the next couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
I am quite hazy with which character is where and what were they doing there, but I think I'll get back on track once I reread a bit and start writing. Judging by my last posts on this thread, it's still the insane evening. Are we finishing that first, or moving right on to another Day, covering the rest in flashback?
Yes, I think it's still the insane evening, and as for my part, Coldan and Asta were just sneaking into the manor where they would meet Aldarion, Gloredhel, Sador and probably Cirdacil and Vëandur too, and everything would go POOF in one way or the other. Harrenon would probably be on his way back to the inn, where Brinn was having a motherly talk with Thiliel, and what the rest of the gang was up to is everybody's guess.

Much as I have to admit that the insane evening™ has already consumed an insane amount of time and words, I'd be loath to have it glossed over in a flashback. There's been a long buildup to this point more or less from Sador's first appearance, and giving it short shrift like that may be good for speeding up the game but would IMO mutilate the story. That's not to say we couldn't fast forward a bit - say, to the performance of Sador's play, which IIRC was to be the climactic point where everybody would confront each other.

I think one of the problems with the IE was that it left the rest of the p/Players hanging in the air with not a lot to do. Maybe this could be amended by, say, Harry turning up at the inn with news of Asta's and Coldan's secret enterprise, or maybe even better something unrelated happening like e.g. the return of Branor and/or Therian?

Anyway, pity Ang can't be with us anymore; the eloquence and quaint irony of his writing was one of the highlights of this game for me. I'm sure tp can handle the plot, it just won't feel the same. But whatever, Ang, good luck and best wishes; I hope we'll meet again!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #690
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
If I can get a sparknotes version of where the troupe is at in regards to the performance/production Bran can weed his way back in.

I forget whether I told you Mnemo, if Bran fell deathly sick or if he was going to fix the bridge with Therian? I don't think Fea will be able to come back for Therian, but I'll ask her anyway.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #691
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Hey, I'd love to get this going again.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #692
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I would definitely like to see this RPG properly finish, but I have to admit that I have a *lot* of not-writing inertia to overcome. I've been out a bit longer than some, because it didn't make storytelling sense for Amdír to show up during the very dragged out evening. Couple this with the deaths in my family, and I've been out of it a very long time.

That caveat stated, I would definitely like to see this return, and I think I would probably be able to commit to it--assuming it doesn't run another year. If we wrap up April or May, I should be okay. With the wedding in June, it gets dicey thereafter...
Old 01-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #693
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Fea will be unable to continue with Therian, but I knew the general plan she had for the character and can use that to weave Bran back into the story, as to why he had disappeared for a time.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #694
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay, folks, here's an edited version of Ang's plottishness, so we can see if we can hammer out how to handle our resident antagonists. These characters are now up for grabs by whoever wants to play them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Sador (real name Beren) is in love with Gloredhel and wants to show Aldarion up by making him too convincing in the part of Maeglin (a delusional plan worthy of a semi-mad playwright)

Sador, with his sister's help, is the Middle-Earth equivalent of Shakespeare, though not yet so successful

Aldarion was to be lured back to the Swan Players after Cirdacil was replaced as Master of the Revels by Gloredhel's father, leaving Gloredhel's brother in charge of the Swans, and giving Aldarion his old role back

Sador, finally, wanted to be the Swans' playwright too

Cirdacil - repentant after meeting his long lost great nephew - may be inclined to undo much of this plan.
I've also got a lot of lazy writer's inertia, so feel free to hold me accountable (aka harass me) for keeping this running.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #695
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

So are we doing this? I'm good with starting any time, but the main event of the evening doesn't involve my charcter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
If I can get a sparknotes version of where the troupe is at in regards to the performance/production Bran can weed his way back in.
Aldarion is at Sador&co's party. Asta and Coldan have gone to "rescue" him out of there. Harry is returning from Cirdacil's house. Brinn and Ronan are getting over their row - Ronan in the common room and Brinn in the wagon, talking to Thiliel. Everything has been shaken by the news that the plot is all wrong, and no new plan was made yet. No production is anywhere in sight.

Does anyone remember how many days we have until Comrare? (Judging by the progress, though, the Players would have to improvise )
Old 02-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #696
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Ooo, there are posts on here since the last time I checked! A bunch of them!

Mnemo- just PM me when you're ready. I have an idea of which way Aldarion's going with Sador and the play-reading, but I want to be certain I don't skip a plot point that Ang has passed along to you.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #697
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
And fortunately the premise of a moderator is such that unintroducing a character such as yourself is equally easy...
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Old 11-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #698
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mänwe View Post
And fortunately the premise of a moderator is such that unintroducing a character such as yourself is equally easy...
"It" deserves Angband for raising my hope of a revival of this RPG.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #699
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

Spammer banned....

Any hopes that this RPG will be brought to a conclusion??
Old 05-29-2015, 05:36 PM   #700
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
~*~ Moving this thread to Elvenhome ~*~

Today is 5/29/2015 - last post to this thread was 11-09-2012.