The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #81
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Roles have just been randomly selected and I will be sending them out to you shortly.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #82
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Sorry bout the double post!!

Please respond once you have received your role.

Oh, and I'm changing the Unicorn role slightly as well.

Last edited by Glirdan; 07-24-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #83
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Roles are all sent out!!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #84
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

So a player sent me a message bringing up some excellent points that hadn't occured to me until earlier...at which point I was running out my door so I will adress them both now.

For the Lovers who need to find their partner: Night 1 will NOT count as a Night for you to guess as there will have been no posts from the other players for you to guess from. Night 2 will be your Night to start guessing.

The other thing that was asked was about the Seer and False Seer and whether or not I was going to reveal them as such or if I was just going to reveal them as Seer. I've been thinking about this for a little while. Now, I know there will be some biases if I were to ask what you all thought (especially now since you all have your roles ) so this will be an executive decision that I will make within the next hour and a half. Both has it's pros and cons for each side. I'm leaning more towards one right now...but I will give it some thought before deciding.

As it stands, one hour and thirty one minutes until opening naration and the start of Night 1. If there are any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:14 AM   #85
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Mind made up. Seeing as the village has a pretty decently hefty advantage on the Wolves, I am NOT going to reveal the True Seer until the end.

Oh, and game thread is up!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #86
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

There are still a few people I have not heard back from on whether or not they've received their roles. If you are one of those people, be sure to send me a message to let me know.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #87
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I need to say this in time... I got into the game with a questionmark and I will have more or less problems getting online from the coming Saturday to Wednesday. So I might need your swords, bows and axes.

But I'll try to get online even on those days if alive and after our trip I'll be back with all I have. Just to let you know in advance.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:23 AM   #88
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Just so we're clear, there is ONE ordo role as there are 20 players and only 19 roles
Old 07-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #89
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Something I forgot to change that I was thinking about in bed last night in reference to the Mythomane:

He/she will choose on Night 2 and transform Day 2, not Day 3.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #90
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
DionysusGod of Wine – Dionysus is the Cursed. If the Wolves choose to Night kill him, he will join their ranks. Only the player and I will know that they are Dionysus. I will not reveal the Cursed until the end of the game.
So then will xe be revealed as the Ordo?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #91
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
So then will xe be revealed as the Ordo?
Yes

EDIT: Further clarification:

If the Wolf Lover dies, the non-Wolf Lover's allegiance will change to the Villagers for a win with them.

Last edited by Glirdan; 07-26-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #92
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Just a quick favor from everyone:

All those who are PMing amongst yourselves, if you wouldn't mind saving some of your Messages to each other and posting them at the end of the game, that would be great! As the Mod God (sorry, had to use it once ) I wouldn't mind seeing what was going on during the Night's and such.

I myself will be posting a few things post-game (ie: Hunter and Ranger picks, Seers, other such things) along with the way the roles were distributed for there is a little bit of humor that I found in it that I wouldn't mind sharing. This also means that there will be no IMMEADIATE post-game discussion until I have posted everything I need to (ie: I will inform you when you can all post again).

So, this favor mainly applies to the Wolves, Lovers, Shirrifs and Hunter/Hunting Guardian. If you don't feel like doing so, I have no problem. Just a favor.

Sincerely,
Glirdymod

PS: I LOVE being the mod for this right now!!
Old 07-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #93
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Eros: Will NOT be able to guard himself (as he is also part Hunter)

Pah: WILL be able to guard himself but may only do so once.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #94
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The Mod God will be stepping away for a bit of time. Any questions you may have, send me a PM or leave them here or in the game thread (if you're doing the latter, do it in a way that you won't reveal your role!). I will get back to them as soon as I get home. For now, I need to stop staring at this screen for a time. Be back soon.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #95
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Out of all the different Glirdys, Glirdymod is my favourite. Hehe

*goes back to work....will be back for real in 3.5 hours *
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #96
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Game Question

If the Cursed is turned, will that be indicated somehow?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #97
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
If the Cursed is turned, will that be indicated somehow?
I will inform you in the narration somehow.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #98
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Eros: Will NOT be able to guard himself (as he is also part Hunter)
But can he save the same person twice in a row?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #99
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
But can he save the same person twice in a row?
No, and that will apply to both Eros and Pan.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #100
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Considering the amount of people in this game, there will be NO retractions.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 AM   #101
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Wow.....8 pages on Day 1....I have NEVER seen that happen since I've been around
Old 07-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #102
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Just so everyone knows, I may NOT be around for DL!! I'm crossing my fingers that I will be, but there is the chance that it won't happen. I will see if I can find somebody to post who died for me if this should happen. If I cannot, and I am not back on time, please HOLD OFF FROM POSTING UNTIL I GET BACK. I will re-adjust everything accordingly if need be!

Sincerely,
Glirdanmod
Old 07-28-2010, 02:16 AM   #103
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Okay, so quick run down of what will happen for toDay.

Seeing as I was half an hour late with the posting of the death, the day will go till 2:30am.

The Night, however, will lose that half hour so as to get back on track with everything.

Therefore, at the end of Night 3, the DL will still be 2am Eastern Standard! That means, Wolves, Seer, Lover, Ranger(s) and Hunter(s) (the last two depending on whether or not Eros is lynched or killed) will have to have their messages to me by 2am Eastern Standard.

As for an explanation as to why I was late; I took a midnight swim with a couple of friends and ended up being a little later then I expected (I actually was thinking I would be home on time for DL but apparently I was wrong ).

This MAY (not the swimming bit, but the being late bit) end up happening again depending on circumstances!! Please be sure to keep updated with this thread to keep on top of who's missing and what not!!

You are all playing admirably and I would like to thank each and every one of you for participating!!

Much love,
Glirdanmod
Old 07-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #104
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Narration is now up
Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #105
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Sally, in regards to your question about the Mythomane choosing the False Seer:

I had a debate with myself before the game started on what I was going to do if that did end up happening...so I flipped a coin. In other words, if the mythomane chose the False Seer, xe will be a False Seer.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #106
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Really? Really?

(Aka I fell asleep at my computer last night. I'm sorry.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #107
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Really? Really?

(Aka I fell asleep at my computer last night. I'm sorry.)
Okies, but you were not the only one who did not vote last *coughMIRAcoughFOLEYcough*
Old 07-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #108
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Sorryyyyyyy! There was an impromptu Skype session with the sis involved right before I passed the heck out considerably before DL.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:18 AM   #109
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
So as I said earlier, I'm on a trip until Wednesday. I'm not sure if I can get online as I'm going to be in the countryside. But I'll try to come up with something so that I could at least avoid modfiring.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #110
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Okies, but you were not the only one who did not vote last *coughMIRAcoughFOLEYcough*
Eh...yeah, sorry about that. I didn't get back to the computer as I thought I would. But I'm back now, and liable to participate fairly well henceforward. Yay!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #111
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Just to inform you guys that I'll have to vote ridiculously early on Day 4 = today (and I really mean ridiculously early) and I will, unfortunately, miss Day 5 entirely. After that, if I'm still alive, I can participate normally again. Sorry about that.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:52 AM   #112
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
That means, bye bye to you too Wilwa, serves you right....witch!
You're such a big meany.

*snuggles*
Old 08-01-2010, 07:35 AM   #113
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm afraid I'll have to let you know that I'm dropping out of the game. Something unforeseen came up and I can't play anymore. Sorry.

I was Heracles, by the way, so you don't have to wait til Glirdan reveals my role.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #114
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I'm afraid I'll have to let you know that I'm dropping out of the game. Something unforeseen came up and I can't play anymore. Sorry.

I was Heracles, by the way, so you don't have to wait til Glirdan reveals my role.
*hugs you* Hope everything is right with you, Auntie Rikae, and your gaggle of wereducklings. Hope to see you in another game soon?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:12 AM   #115
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Starting today, I'll be out of town for a few days, and my net access will be highly limited. I'll do my best to vote on Day 5, but I can't promise more than that. I should be back in time for Day 6.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #116
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Okay!!

I am finally caught up with all my narrations so you can all go take a gander at them now if you would like.

Just a reminder that the day will be starting at 1:45am Eastern Standard and will be ending at regular time. You all get an extra fifteen minutes toDay.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #117
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Blargh. I thought I'd be able to stay up until DL but I need to sleep. *is lame* I'll be around come mid-Day, hopefully a bit sooner. Until then, sleep well, everyone!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #118
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
I am a massive fail at this game and I apologize. Currently at la casa de Fea, who will probably (hopefully) remind me that I actually have a game to be playing amidst cleaning, baking, snuggling, and hopefully shooting large rodents with guns.

This boils down to participation is going to be awful again today.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:11 AM   #119
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I am off on a 12 hour road trip...I have been assured that there is wireless at my destination but if this screws up somehow I´ll have to post/vote using the internet on my phone. In which case, my participation won´t be more than a post or two.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #120
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Hey, so quick update about something.

If anybody noticed the Night that Zil and Greenie were killed, i ROYALLY messed up Athena's role.

Now, in order to make up for that, I am granting Athena ONE EXTRA VOTE FOR TODAY ONLY!

If anybody has qualms about this, they can take it up with me in private. However, it is the ONLY way that I can think of to make up for screwing up a role I had came up with and keeping things semi-fair.

Sorry, I thought I would post this sooner, but I haven't been able to get to a computer for more then like two minutes until now (had some errands to get done and was getting my tattoo added to).

~ Glirdymod ~