The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2002, 12:20 PM   #1
Uruloki
Pile O'Bones

Uruloki has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Ooo! Pick Me! Pick Me!

If you were gonna make up a sports team, say for example basketball or football or even a tag team in wrestling (you get the idea) then who from middle earth would you pick to be on your team?
Uruloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 12:31 PM   #2
Starbreeze
Ghost of a Smile

Starbreeze has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Starbreeze
Silmaril

Now thats an interesting one! Hmm, lets see, if I was playing basket ball I would choose Legolas, Haldir, elves in general I think, you know - tall, graceful, nimble, fleet of foot and all that. American football - definitly a dwarf or two! They're made of strong stuff ya know! Otherwise I'm not sure...

To write is to make dreams, to make dreams is to awaken the fantasy of the mind, to awaken the mind is to be a master.
Starbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 03:17 AM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Having just read the "Now for something completely different" thread, I guess I would choose Gimli for my marathon team! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 03:37 AM   #4
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

let's see... gimli and friends would be all-stars amrican football,they are extremely tough, football because they have amazing endurence, and wrestling for obvious reasons, and a little track and field.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:36 PM   #5
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
i'd choose a group of hobbits for any food-eating competition, but that's not really a sport, is it.
i guess i'd choose elves to do running or archery competitions, but, like Estelyn, i think dwarves would be a good bet for running, too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
and i think i'd choose orcs for a wrestling team.
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 03:39 PM   #6
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Orcs for wrestling.
Elves or Gondorians or the Dunedain for basketball and baseball.
Elves for swimming
Ents for basketball too.
Hobbits for relays (like running under things, going through obsticles).
Lothiriel Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 04:56 PM   #7
Merry
Animated Skeleton

Merry has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh yea, hobbits and elves would be great for obstical courses.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:19 PM   #8
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

For a football team, I would have dwarves on the offensive line and trolls on the defensive line. For running backs, tail backs, and receivers I would have elves. Well for tailback maybe a hobbit would work better. A dragon or two would work well for nose guards or centers. And lastly for fullback I would have a troll probably.

[ November 07, 2003: Message edited by: Gimli Son Of Gloin ]
Old 06-21-2002, 05:55 AM   #9
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just saw a new French Extreme Sport on TV this morning; "The Course". (Don't know how to spell it in French.) You jump off of rooftops, vault railings, climb walls, etc. It looked like fun!

Elves would be great at "The Course". Hobbits, I'm afraid, would hit the wall! Splat!
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 10:17 AM   #10
Uruloki
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

Elves would be excellent at Snowboarding and stuff that involes balance! Maybe Gymnastics? (pictures Legolas in a Leotard, interesting thought! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])
Old 06-24-2002, 12:05 AM   #11
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hobbit's would be great for relays as long as they don't have to jump over anything. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2002, 05:30 AM   #12
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Indeed Rose, interesting....

Hobbit comes to brick wall says, "Well when you can't beat them sit down and have a pie" *sits down to pie* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Uruloki your Gymnastic idea is indeed scairafying!! *shudders in pain of mental picture*
Old 06-24-2002, 09:13 AM   #13
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hobbits could make the best hide-and-seek team in the world (with the possible exception of Elves). I guess hide-and-seek isn't really a sport, but it's all I could think of for now...
Old 06-24-2002, 10:05 AM   #14
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

How about an Uruk-hai or two for archery? they aren't *that* bad, considering one killed Boromir...
Old 06-24-2002, 02:07 PM   #15
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

I think I'd want Beorn on my wrestling team...Shelob as my entire defensive line in football...the Rangers for my Marathoners...just imagine the Rohan equestrian team...Legolas for the javelin throw and archery...Gimli for the Hammer Throw...and of course, Bandobras "Bullroarer" Took on my Golf team...how about "the dead" from the Paths of the Dead in sailboat racing...Gollum on the fishing competition...and SAMWISE as Middle-earth's IRON CHEF!!
Old 06-24-2002, 02:12 PM   #16
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

I think I'd want Beorn on my wrestling team...Shelob as my entire defensive line in football...the Rangers for my Marathoners...just imagine the Rohan equestrian team...Legolas for the javelin throw and archery...Gimli for the Hammer Throw...and of course, Bandobras "Bullroarer" Took on my Golf team...how about "the dead" from the Paths of the Dead in sailboat racing...Gollum on the fishing competition...and SAMWISE as Middle-earth's IRON CHEF!!
Old 06-28-2002, 12:54 PM   #17
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Eye

Dwarves would definitely be in my baseball team.

For soccer, I'm not quite sure...
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 09:17 PM   #18
NazgulNumber10
Wight

NazgulNumber10 has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

imagine hobbits in a ladder match!! lol
frodo and sam VS merry and pippin
[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
NazgulNumber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 12:05 PM   #19
Uruloki
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

Ladder match?
Sorry if thats astupid question, I'm a little sprotally challenged..........
Old 07-04-2002, 08:20 AM   #20
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Quote:
Ladder match?
I'm quite challenged in that field too.

Now that I've thought much about it, I think Bilbo would be in my baseball team as well.

Still wondering about soccer (Brazil rocks!) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote