The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2009, 02:29 AM   #41
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Noisy and abrasive. Typical Nogrod. As I remember him, anyway. Not much reason to be worried about him now, but obviously bears watching.
Funny because I think Nogrod seems more agressive than normally. . .He says the same as usual, but the way he say it seems more agressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

Cap'n Nog's being a bit of a brute, and I'm not sure I like it. Is he still paranoid from his last voyage or does he have darker motives for being so accusatory?

Rune has picked up on this behavior, and for now I think he'll be allowed to stay, if only because he's very astute and I think he can bring order to this mess.
I doubt I can bring order to anything, infact I am often described as a mess my self.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:14 AM   #42
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I've got to vote; I'm not sure I'll be on at all later and I'm a bit impaired right now; too much rum, you see.

++Nogrod

Fire!

Much more participation from me in following days if I live, everyone. Sorry!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:31 AM   #43
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The night is young and you're so beautiful. B flat.

I'm rather concerned about the way Nog is approaching toDay. I realize that quiet people are easily forgotten but to target them on Day One, when there's not a whole lot to be said anyway, and people are busy, seems less like prevention and more like stirring up trouble.

Brinn, no worries. If you find me suspicious, you find me suspicious. However I'd ask you to consider some other people toMorrow, as there are baddies to catch and I wouldn't want you to waste your time on me. No hard feelings though, of course. I hope you're able to participate more toMorrow though.

Rune, if I was to choose between you and Nog, I'd choose you. You may be mad but you're doing a lot better at making me not want to lynch you than he is right now. I'll not be swearing my allegiance though, since I'm not any more a fan of you....type....than I am of Cap'n Nog's.

Shasta, I rest my case, you filthy scum.

Where could a girl find more civilized company? (And where's Nilp with my refreshing beverage? I need him to help me through this trying ordeal. Perhaps I should go look for him....)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 05-03-2009 at 04:11 AM. Reason: stupid typos
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:08 AM   #44
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Right, I am here, and have read all, it seems most of the people have shown and even contributed, at least to some point. So, here is now a short list of what I think of the situation this far. Already some thoughts are beginning to crystallize (shoton, as people say in my homeland), so I hope by the end of the Day I should have enough to come up with at least partially clear picture.

Kath - so far little input. Kath already makes me feel uncomfortable, as always, and I can't read her. As always.
Nienna - despite the first sort of exchange with Nog, I am inclined now to see her behavior as genuine, and not as a particular intention to fly under the radar. Thus, hope to see her posting more in the future: like I said, this far, the picture seems genuine.
Kent2010 - he did not say practically anything this far. I don't know whether I should take the "let's make a deal" as anything worth considering: actually, I thought that it is a mere in-role talk and thus did not give it any in-game value. Well, though of course, I don't know him, so it may be possible that he would try to win people's favour in this way, "buddying" with them. But anyway, I would need to see more from him to be able to judge anything.
Nogrod - Nogrod is being his normal quiet-people-chasing self, and seemingly something has happened in recent games that made him pursue this habit even more forcefully. Let me say in this place that I agree with him, but this far it seems that hopefully people will post. Nogrod himself does not particularly raise my suspicion: if something happened to him, he's perhaps a bit more of a zealot?
Shastanis Althreduin - posted a bit and even voted, but just a little; so I can only hope that there will be this more participation that he promised in the future.
Isabellkya - stating obvious and dismissing Day 1, well that's quite simple and everybody could do that: I would like to see more.
wilwarin538 - the first impression is somewhat positive, I think she is trying to make some input, I only once again hope that there will be more in the future. It is yet quite some time till the end of Day 1, so let's see...
Nerwen - well hey, I would like some more out-role input...
Nilpaurion Felagund - not have been around yet
Rune Son of Bjarne - he actually reminds me of the typical Rune who weighs arguments of everybody... so he makes me feel him as rather innocent.
Lhunardawen - I guess my dear wife should learn her place, but now I would like to see more than one-(or few-)liner input from her.
Eomer of the Rohirrim - well that is one I cannot quite relate with, okay, he has this "offensive" mask, but overall, I am not quite sure what he's up to. Unclear, I'd say: sort of casting suspicion, or something, or rousing feelings, in a bit unclear way. So is there anything he is okay with, except for hating everybody, or what part of it is actually just roleplaying? Or what part could be casting wraith-y nets with hiding behind roleplaying? (By the way, I think people should slowly quit roleplaying after second, third post they make anyway. Or at least try to not mix the reality with roleplaying to the point that it is unclear.)
Groin Redbeard - not around yet
satansaloser2005 - this far, she's being more or less like her usual self, though it seems to me a bit defensive with her reaction to Brinn's vote, which was, like Brinn said, random. Well, whatever - let's see what comes in the future.
Eönwë - not around yet
Brinniel - all right, seems that she is now mostly busy with RL stuff, so I'm leaving her out for now, hope to see her around more in the future!

Okay, actually, all in all, for Day 1, it is quite good. Might have been worse. I am probably going to leave in a short while, but I will be around perhaps for a minute or two yet. Anyway, I shall be back in the evening (several hours before DL), so then. Hope that by that time, people who haven't posted yet will post, and those who posted will post more so that the picture of the may become clearer to me. So, till later...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:14 AM   #45
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
By the way, I think people should slowly quit roleplaying after second, third post they make anyway.
Absolutely not, it'd be duller without. I say Lommy wants this game to be remembered and what better way than by impressing our 'strongly-drawn characters'.

So, now, let's see, kill all humans, yes, well...

I think we, as a group, can perhaps make this Nogrod go crazy. Let's encourage this healthy suspicion. Did you know he's been thieving Lhuna's coins?

And pilfering Sally's pockets?

I wouldn't cry if we strung him up.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:02 AM   #46
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Quote:
Nilpie hasn't shown up, but I'm assured he's innocent. He couldn't possibly be otherwise, the sweet thing. Together we'll make this little band of miscreants a bit more ship shape, if you'll excuse the pun. Then again, you'll probably not even get it, so why bother to explain? *sighs, fans herself* I think these proceedings are a bit much for my delicate constitution. Hopefully Nilp will bring me a drink when he returns. He's always so considerate. And did I mention innocent?
Thanks, dear.

Shall we elope?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:11 AM   #47
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Most likely I won't be around for the rest of the DAY since I have to . . . attend court and present the interests of my clan after eloping with Sally, so:

++Nilpaurion Felagund

Sayonara!
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #48
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Rune, if I was to choose between you and Nog, I'd choose you. You may be mad but you're doing a lot better at making me not want to lynch you than he is right now. I'll not be swearing my allegiance though, since I'm not any more a fan of you....type....than I am of Cap'n Nog's.
If you where to swear allegiance to me you would be richly rewarded. . .with treachery, a knife in the back!
Why? Because my image of you does not harmonise with it, I kind of expect you to stand on your own feet, change sides a few times and then go up in flames.

I like Legate's list, he seems to have put a lot of though into what he writes, but obviously he does not have any major suspects on a day 1. The one thing that pussles me is that he agrees with Nogrod, yet he is unwilling to consider Brinniel as a lynch target.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #49
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I got to go. . .infact I am running late and I doubt I will be able to make it back intime for the deadline. So basicly I have to decide who to vote for right now. . .a tough call.

Nogrod is more agressive than normal and not bringing anything new to the game, but is that a good enough reason to lynch him on day 1? probably not.

Legate seemed resonable, but then there is small inconsistensies. . .

I think I will go for a person I have not been able to read at all, you know people who have posted, but you feel completely indifferent about their posts.

That would make my list look like this:

Kent
Kath
Isabel
Brinn
Lhuna
Wilwa

Of these Isabel seems to be the most careful. . .could be a sign of an evil doer trying not to expose her self. (Or it could just be a day 1 post)

So basicly this vote is 98% random.

++Isabellkya

Old 05-03-2009, 06:44 AM   #50
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Here be a thing I'd like to share with the company:

Now, I've seen a deal o' bloody work in my time. Sad to say, thing's ain't always friendly among we corsairs. There be fights over treasure; there be sheer boredom at sea, and most of all, there be rum. Often a man be found dead in his bunk with his throat cut, and nought to say which o' his shipmates did the deed.

And then the whole crew takes a vote over who's to walk the plank. And many's the time we've found out that the poor soul were innocent as a newborn lamb (well, apart from everything else he'd done in his career) and that the scurvy dogs who sent him overboard were the guilty ones. (Or, were he a wrong 'un indeed, they'd been all in it together.)

And what's the thing I've heard dogs like that say so often that the ship's parrot starts copying 'em? Why, just "It's only a random vote... it's only a random vote..."

I be not sure whether 'tis the same among landlubbers, but I be keeping a weather-eye out for this Brinniel now. And I be finding it strange, too, that no one else sees fit to comment– not me husband dear, not His Majesty the King O' Harad, not the sorcerer. Why, even the wench she voted don't seem to mind!

'Tis strange. I need to think on it some more.

In the meantime, who's for a song?

Fifteen Men on the dead dwarf's chest–
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
Drink and the Dark Lord had done for the rest–
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!

EDIT: X'd with a host.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:52 AM   #51
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Alrighty, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it back on later as I promised. I feel quite terrible about that, I was hoping that I could have a really productive Day 1 in this game. My Day 2, if I make it, will be far better I'm sure.

So I have to vote now. I won't vote for anyone who hasn't posted, anyone who is new, anyone who has only posted little ones like myself (don't want to be hypocritical), or anyone who has already gotten a vote (don't want to start a chain or anything) . So I believe that leaves (and doing this off by memory to save the little time I have): Legate, Rune and Eomer. Rune, I have to admit that I love him, haven't played with him in a very long time, so I don't want to vote for him. So between Eomer and Legate, I shall toss a coin. Heads Legate, Tails Eomer.

++Eomer

Sorry! Process of elimination really and then some randomness, I'd just much rather vote then not vote at all. Hopefully my logic is good enough for you guys to keep me around.

Good luck everyone! I hope to be able to be much more useful the next Day.

X'posted with Rune and Nerwen
Old 05-03-2009, 07:14 AM   #52
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I won't vote for anyone who hasn't posted, anyone who is new, anyone who has only posted little ones like myself (don't want to be hypocritical), or anyone who has already gotten a vote (don't want to start a chain or anything).
1. That's reasonable.
2. That's not.
3. That's really not.
4. Nor's that.

Sorry Wilwa, but there's no sense in your criteria.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #53
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield My list at this point in time

Kath - Probably up to no good but no proof yet.

Nienna - Not treading on many toes yet. Sneaky.

Kent2010 - Looks like a sly one.

Legate of Amon Lanc - Gives an air of false nobility. Probably a villain.

Nogrod - Hmm, a curious one. Too easy to dismiss him as a candidate for being "too" aggressive.

Shastanis Althreduin - Seems ok I suppose.

Isabellkya - I think she's a clever one.

wilwarin538 - Don't like her vote, and not just because it's for me.

Nerwen - Another clever one.

Nilpaurion Felagund - Inclined to leave him alive (though unconvinced he deserves it).

Rune Son of Bjarne - Seems ok so far.

Lhunardawen - Seems a bit sneaky.

Groin Redbeard - n/a

satansaloser2005 - Probably up to no good but no proof yet. Just like Kath.

Eönwë - n/a

Brinniel - Probably one to kill.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #54
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Thumbs up

Hey ho!

This is looking much better than it did when I went to bed. Lots of things to think and to rethink. For example Nienna looks much better now - and Brinn / Wilwa far worse.

Sadly I need to go yet again, but Ill be around for something like two hours before the DL.

This is looking like a good Day1 indeed for a change.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #55
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
This is looking like a good Day1 indeed for a change.
I'm sure a few of us saw what you were up to, Nog.

Well, have at it.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #56
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield Votes so far

Brinniel votes for Sally, apparently because she likes her.

Shasta for Nogrod, apparently because he's stirring up too much trouble.

Nilp for Nilp, apparently because he's still ill.

Rune for Isabellkya, apparently because he sees her as being a bit too careful with her opening post.

Wilwa for Eomer, because of process of elimination then coin-toss.

--------------------

Sally: 1
Nogrod: 1
Nilp: 1
Isabellkya: 1
Eomer: 1

--------------------

I think Rune's vote is the only one that makes sense, but that could just as easily mean he's a smart Ringwraith - so not too much to go on.

The other votes are all pretty dodgy.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #57
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
The other votes are all pretty dodgy.
Aye, that they be. I be keeping a weather-eye on the sorceress now, too. I never seen no good come o' sorcery yet.

But here be another thing. Accordin' to His Majesty O' Harad:

Quote:
satansaloser2005 - this far, she's being more or less like her usual self, though it seems to me a bit defensive with her reaction to Brinn's vote, which was, like Brinn said, random. Well, whatever - let's see what comes in the future.
But what did the wench Sally say?

Quote:
Brinn, no worries. If you find me suspicious, you find me suspicious. However I'd ask you to consider some other people toMorrow, as there are baddies to catch and I wouldn't want you to waste your time on me. No hard feelings though, of course. I hope you're able to participate more toMorrow though.
Now that be strange, true. The wench be sweet as sugar to the one as tried to hang her– 'tain't in nature, I'd have said. But then why does His Majesty say she's defensive, when she's just the other thing?

I be still needing to think.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #58
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Thanks, dear.

Shall we elope?
Oh, yes please, my darling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Most likely I won't be around for the rest of the DAY since I have to . . . attend court and present the interests of my clan after eloping with Sally, so:

++Nilpaurion Felagund

Sayonara!
Darling, you mustn't talk like that (with the voting that is). But....oooo, the rest sounds promising....

*fans herself*

Obviously I won't be around either, so I shall cast my vote for

++Nogrod

now before we are off. I just can't help thinking there are darker motives at work with Cap'n Nog.

Oh, Nilpie, darling, wait up!

ETA: Sorry, I thought I said this in my actual post, but must have forgotten. Eomer seems a bit defensive if you ask me.

*swoons and runs off after Nilp*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #59
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, back...

Quote:
Absolutely not, it'd be duller without. I say Lommy wants this game to be remembered and what better way than by impressing our 'strongly-drawn characters'.
Eomer, you did not quote the sentence that followed - I said that of course one can post in-role, but it should be discerneable what is in role or not. My point of saying that people should quit roleplaying after second or third post meant: Quit posting posts which are NOTHING but roleplaying! If you post for half a day just about what ships you have looted or what wargs you have cloned, it is perhaps funny, but not the point of the game. This is Werewolf, not the RPG room. You should catch Wraiths and not play pirates. You can do that elsewhere. You can of course put in pirate slang or use a sort of "enhanced" way of expressing your doubts (instead of saying "we should lynch X" you can say "X should walk the plank", like we have seen f.ex. in Nerwen's recent post), that's fine. Or you can open your post with ranting about the lack of troops in your home country - but it should NOT be the only content of your posts.
The problem with you in particular is that I cannot tell how much of your post is in-role: or actually, if there is anything out-role at all. Because even the things you say which sound like suspicions or doubts or in-game questions, are mostly based on some in-role posting. That's why I said in my former post that I don't get you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I like Legate's list, he seems to have put a lot of though into what he writes, but obviously he does not have any major suspects on a day 1. The one thing that pussles me is that he agrees with Nogrod, yet he is unwilling to consider Brinniel as a lynch target.
Well, simply - because if she says she has RL things to do, I can excuse her. Of course, for now - if she were doing this every day and saying "oh, sorry, I can't post" then of course, it would be nonsense. But it is just Day 1, and if such a thing happens once - well, it can happen to any of us, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
But here be another thing. Accordin' to His Majesty O' Harad:

But what did the wench Sally say?

Now that be strange, true. The wench be sweet as sugar to the one as tried to hang her– 'tain't in nature, I'd have said. But then why does His Majesty say she's defensive, when she's just the other thing?
Okay, saying defensive - I simply meant the fact that she is commenting on something like that in such a way. Okay, wrong use of words. By "defensive" I was aiming mainly on the aspect of her saying "I'd ask you to consider some other people tomorrow..." But you are right about the sugar part, yes.

Okay, otherwise: Nilp's appearance and self-vote does not look good to me at all, why is he doing that? I think that's a bit silly, if nothing else. I mean, it's a way of bringing attention, of course, but he could have as well not voted at all. This is just asking for attention.

wilwa's vote and the reasoning behind it is just bad. I mean - okay, maybe she does not have a preference of one subject over the other, but saying "" would be just a too easy cover for . Many people do that. Okay, I see - some just won't have chance to come back again, and have to vote, and it's Day 1, and they don't have that much suspicion - we know the stuff. But I think one should at least try to vote based on his or her best opinion, because then there is some actual stance behind the vote and not just "okay, it ended up that way". All right, true - wilwa basically said that both me and Eomer are equal suspects in her eyes, so it was just a choice between two similar things. But still.

Okay, so for now: I guess I will be watching sally as well as wilwa and Nilp, and Eomer is a whole chapter for me. From those who have not posted that much before, Nerwen now seems quite okay to me from the last reading.

I guess I'll be more or less around from now on, and see and think of my vote then.

Edit: x-ed with sally. Hmm..
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #60
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Defensive? Really?

Because I reacted to a vote against myself, and determined that it was a dodgy vote?

I suppose I could have taken the Sally-route and just shrugged it off and not talked about it.

Well, I have a lazy Sunday here, and I keep refreshing the page every 20 minutes and posting for the hell of it. I've decided that it's been far, far too long since I was a loudmouth in one of these games.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #61
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
1. That's reasonable.
2. That's not.
3. That's really not.
4. Nor's that.

Sorry Wilwa, but there's no sense in your criteria.
Uhm, I thought there was some sense actually. If I voted for someone who has barely posted everyone would be like "wow, hypocrite, you haven't posted much either", and too often has someone gotten trouble later on for copying someone elses vote, so I was not going to vote as someone else did. And rarely does anyone ever vote for someone who a) has never played or b) they've never played with, on a Day 1.

Votes are practically always random on Day 1, there's no way to avoid it, I just tried to put as much reason into it as possible before making my random choice.

Just popped in to see quickly before work, thought I'd put my immediate thoughts down.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #62
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sigh. So it's Day One, and I can't make much out of things so far. I really envy those who are (or seem to be) able to formulate complicated-ish plans and read into people's posts. Yeah, I'm looking at you Nogrod and Eomer. I don't know, but you two feel genuinely innocent to me right now.

Legate still worries me for some reason, I can't quite put my finger to it. Seems to me he's saying too much, and not being too careful about it. Which should normally speak for his innocence, because he's not afraid to speak his mind and be lynched for it, but not in this case. Either he's being too careless, or just trying to make it appear that he's not careful. If that made sense.

Shasta, too, is suspicious. Posts of no significant content and a safe vote for Nogrod. Tsktsktsk.

I can quite sympathise with Brinn, at least for toDay. That pesky RL can be such a pain. But Sally's reaction to Brinn's vote for her is interesting. It feels...patronising. And quite creepy. That probably translates to suspicious. And I'm not sure I like all this cavorting with Nilp, but that's probably just because, well, it's Nilp.

Speaking of whom, I missed those self-votes. Nilp is probably bored and 80% innocent.

Nerwen seems alright. The rest are either unreadable or submarine - at least they are not registering with me. Which is not a good thing.

It's so late her that it's early, so I'll vote in a bit. Shasta or Legate or sally? Hmm.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #63
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eomer, sly I am, but I would suggest that we are not looking for sly, we are looking for scary guys in dark robes - which theoretically should not be hard to pick out from a crowd, but I guess these wraiths have decided to go with a change in wardrobe.

And to Nogrod -
Quote:
Don't be too hasty there... Even the innocents may have reasons to shy away and some people sleep when others are awake.
-Post 21
So are you the only one allowed to be hasty?
Quote:
So "dealing" a friendship? Looks like a baddie trying to make alliances with the goodies...
-Post 21
You misunderstood, Captain, I want to get off this rock - err ship - and Legate has the means to do that. In return I offered support for his insurrection, he might feel good about it now but once he gets far from home and supply lines are stretched...he will find out his rebellion is quite hard to keep going.

But if you have the power to get me out of this hell Captain Nogrod, then my ears are open. You could have a mutiny in the coming days if you keep this attitude. The name is Max von Drake, former master of arms, and my services may help you in the near future. *Pulls out a stack of certificates, and hands to Nogrod "Max von Drake, certified public assassin"*

I will do a more thorough read of the thread and make a decision. From my quick look, the person I am slightly suspicious of is Rune for his response to Nogrod's aggressiveness. Nogrod was one of the players I have had limited experience with and I remember this same fiestiness. Nogrod is someone who strikes me as his style does not let him survive to the very end all that often and that would mean it would be a mistake to lynch him on day 1 based on his aggressiveness.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #64
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
It seems there won't be much happening around this time, and I'm already sleepy, so it's time to vote. I'm sticking to my first and strongest suspicion.

++LEGATE OF AMON LANC

Good morning, everyone.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #65
Kent2010
Wight

Quote:
Uhm, I thought there was some sense actually. If I voted for someone who has barely posted everyone would be like "wow, hypocrite, you haven't posted much either"
-Wilwarin
We shouldn't lynch hypocrits either, it may be morally compromising to be hypocritical, but being a hypocrit doth not a Ringwraith make - or frankly we'd all be wraiths. If you believe a quiet one a Ringwraith make than vote for the quiet one do not abstain because you fear hypocrisy.

Quote:
If something happened to him, he's perhaps a bit more of a zealot?
-Legate
My assumptions about him from my first game still seem to be accurate. And it could just be last Nogrod witnessed Greenie, Shasta, and Lariren, play three extremely quiet wolves - and we are talking about a maximum of 3 posts a day (all three of them missed voting once) and they let the innocents duke it out and lynch eachother.

To believe this will be the exact same scenario will likely get us into trouble, but I am not worried by Nogrod's aggressiveness today.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #66
Kent2010
Wight

Here is where the headache sets in, because I do not have any idea one where to go.

Other than feeling pretty good about Legate and Eomer, everything else is a big blur.

I like Legate because he makes long posts, alright that might be a bad reason, but he talks about everyone, which means if he is innocent he is analytical and he thinks. If a wraith he leaves a nice dirty laundry list. Keep him.

And currently I am agreeing with Eomer about the several dodgy votes. I was first thinking this was a good list of names, and it may be unwise to expand it, because crunching the numbers, there is the probablility of a ringwraith. But then looking at the people with votes, I really can not see a reason to vote for one of them, and that got me thinking about voting early. But this is where I need some help, because I have no clue - there always seems to be a focus on the people who step out early and start suspecting peple. Then others respond with "ooh look at this person trying to steer our attention, lets watch him/her." But what about wraiths trying to focus our choices for later towards the deadline, by voting early and healthily spreading out the choices - making anyone wary of adding more names because we might feel "this is a good list for day 1?"
Old 05-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #67
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent
but I am not worried by Nogrod's aggressiveness today.
Don't be. First of all, we need to suspect and throw the suspicions around to see how people react. Secondly - as I've said a thousand times - the wolves need to be nice and uncontroversial but we don't. And really, aggressiviness? That must be a cultural & linguistical difference as well. I think I have been the most mild-mannered and polite all the time.

Yes. Most of the votes so far have been just terrible. The problem is that not all who have voted yet can be werewolves. Shame on you people.

How can we separate the maliciously bad votes from the rest if everyone votes "randomly" or with no points whatsoever? Every nonsense vote given by an innocent eases the task of the wolves to blend in the crowd of whom nothing can be said about toMorrow.

(Oh, how I phantasize a werewolfing community where random-voting on Day1 would lead to quick and immediate lynch - that way the wolves would be forced to try and play and not just hunker down with their malicious "random-votes")

Okay. One hour+ remaining.

Hoist the sails!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #68
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Lommy!

I didn't find any mentioning of a modfire from the rules. So is there one - and which are the conditions for it - or do we have to decide what to do with the dead load ourselves?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #69
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm not keen on this "confusion" or anti-keenness towards Nog's "newfound aggressiveness". He was similar the last game, and he was innocent. This game, I think he just has more material to back up his 'lynch the quiet' stance.

I agree with the quit roleplaying. Or at least make sure you have enough game related material to counter the banter, in-character stuff. Otherwise, you can just float through the game - looking like you are being helpful and pro-innocent, when you are truly hiding behind your created character.

I find myself agreeing with Nerwen here. The amount of random votes... well they are all random save for Nilp's.

Isn't Nilp known for voting for himself? Even has a .. catch phrase? 'Nilping yourself'?

X'd with Nog x2 and Kent.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #70
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Uhm, I thought there was some sense actually. If I voted for someone who has barely posted everyone would be like "wow, hypocrite, you haven't posted much either", and too often has someone gotten trouble later on for copying someone elses vote, so I was not going to vote as someone else did. And rarely does anyone ever vote for someone who a) has never played or b) they've never played with, on a Day 1.
Okay, now, I haven't played with you before, but you know what? This actually looks to me very, very calculated up to the point that it would raise one's eyebrows. Because what you basically said is (at least the beginning): "I have voted the way I did in order not to seem suspicious." But should not the innocents vote for the best of the village instead of just the best of themselves? Okay, though I am not sure if you would have stated these reasons openly like that had you been a Wraith... but still. Well if you are not, it is certainly not a good reasoning to use. Anything to say to that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Legate still worries me for some reason, I can't quite put my finger to it. Seems to me he's saying too much, and not being too careful about it. Which should normally speak for his innocence, because he's not afraid to speak his mind and be lynched for it, but not in this case. Either he's being too careless, or just trying to make it appear that he's not careful. If that made sense.
Okay, whatever, my lady. I am not sure I got your point, but still, I don't see it as the best beginning of our honeymoon. (Reminds me of some of my former wives, too...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
My assumptions about him from my first game still seem to be accurate. And it could just be last Nogrod witnessed Greenie, Shasta, and Lariren, play three extremely quiet wolves - and we are talking about a maximum of 3 posts a day (all three of them missed voting once) and they let the innocents duke it out and lynch eachother.

To believe this will be the exact same scenario will likely get us into trouble, but I am not worried by Nogrod's aggressiveness today.
Ah yea, so then that would likely speak for the way I thought. Okay...

Well, anyway. I should make my mind as to whom to vote for. I will try to sum up my thoughts now...

edit: x-ed since Kent's 66
Old 05-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #71
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Narya

Quote:
Lommy!

I didn't find any mentioning of a modfire from the rules. So is there one - and which are the conditions for it - or do we have to decide what to do with the dead load ourselves?
Yes, I forgot to mention it. Modfire exists, but it's not based on any set rule, but on the Mod's consideration. The normal "two subsequent Days of no posting or voting" serves as a guideline, sort of...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #72
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*bangs on large chamber doors and is finally let in*

I'm sorry about coming into this discussion so late, but it appears my chamber was locked with me inside, (my computer was acting funny) and I had to break down the door. A great shame that is, because I fear it will not be replaced now that Lomiel, our dear hostess, is deceased.

Late I am, but the fact is, I see I didn't miss much of the discussion toDay. Two pages isn't much for one Day.

Now let me look over the events of the past Day...
Old 05-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #73
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Isn't Nilp known for voting for himself? Even has a .. catch phrase? 'Nilping yourself'?
He's legendary for that. Not that him making it makes him more innocent this time around.

I'm off to review the votes so far - what where the given reasons for them that is. I'm pretty confident we have some easy-going wolves (well one at least) there. Voting early with random-grounds is the safest way to avoid the gallows on Day1 as no one will be ready to lynch someone for that only. And therefore perfect wolf-tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
The normal "two subsequent Days of no posting or voting" serves as a guideline, sort of...
Okay. At the moment I'm inclined to vote either Groin or Eönwë. But they have an hour to change that inclination.

And maybe something better will come forwards before voting-time... hopefully.

EDIT: X'd with Eönwë... Bright timing!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #74
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I'm not keen on this "confusion" or anti-keenness towards Nog's "newfound aggressiveness". He was similar the last game, and he was innocent. This game, I think he just has more material to back up his 'lynch the quiet' stance.
Though it may just be a cover for his wolfish self. If someone is known for something which makes them seem normal, then they can use that to form an "I'm always like this" excuse. Same goes for Nilp. Not that I find any of them really suspicious (Nog a little, Nilp I'm not sure). All I'm saying is that it pays to look from both sides.

Quote:
Funny because I think Nogrod seems more agressive than normally. . .He says the same as usual, but the way he say it seems more agressive.
Could just be his dialect. I'd keelhaul the lotta ya if ya keep talkin' like tha'! No, I can't really do it.

edit: x-ed w'Nog
Old 05-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #75
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
(Oh, how I phantasize a werewolfing community where random-voting on Day1 would lead to quick and immediate lynch - that way the wolves would be forced to try and play and not just hunker down with their malicious "random-votes")
What a nice vision

Anyway, of course, Nogrod is right... well, I will be a minimalist here and just hope that the random votes will at least end with Day 1. And if possible, of course, that the people who are going to vote yet will avoid them.

Quote:

I agree with the quit roleplaying. Or at least make sure you have enough game related material to counter the banter, in-character stuff. Otherwise, you can just float through the game - looking like you are being helpful and pro-innocent, when you are truly hiding behind your created character.
All right, Isabell actually continues to scare me: it is basically that when you appear to post, you agree with a few people and then go again. Sort of unconflicting behavior - and you are giving input of your own.

Isabellkya is actually one of those I am considering for my voting. Others could come from the list of people I am watching: wilwa, sally, Eomer... I am more positive on Kent now after he started to post some substance. Let's see, I will think now about my vote.

Quote:
Is he? Really? If so, then okay. (Well, not "okay", but at least nothing bad with that.)

Edit: x-ed after Lommy
Old 05-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #76
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Interesting you don't feel the need to say the same about Wilwa (never says anything on Day1), Kath (always excuses herself from Day1) or anyone else being like they are in most of the games they're in...
I appolegise for not replying to this earlier.
I did not say it about Wilwa because I have not played with her for years, I simply cannot remember how she usually plays.

Kath has done this before, at least in some of the latter games, but it could
be chance that has made it so and I do remeber games when she was active on day 1.

Your comments on the other hand was 100% deliberate. . .there in lies the differense.

That being said. . .maybe I should have said something about Kath, but I am not with out flaws.

(oh and btw, Nogrod you are no trophy)
Quote:
Well, simply - because if she says she has RL things to do, I can excuse her. Of course, for now - if she were doing this every day and saying "oh, sorry, I can't post" then of course, it would be nonsense. But it is just Day 1, and if such a thing happens once - well, it can happen to any of us, right?
I don't see the difference in Brinn being busy and Kath saying she cannot post until she has slept. . . If you are pro lynching quiet people, just because they are quiet, then surely it does not matter why they are quiet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
We shouldn't lynch hypocrits either, it may be morally compromising to be hypocritical, but being a hypocrit doth not a Ringwraith make - or frankly we'd all be wraiths. If you believe a quiet one a Ringwraith make than vote for the quiet one do not abstain because you fear hypocrisy.
I think what Wilwa ment was that she would feel like a hypocrit if she voted for a silent person, just because the person was silent.

Oh and there must be coming a lot of great votes now. . .backed with a ton of evidence, without a shred of randomness in them. Well, that must be the conclusion after reading through peoples complaints about the voting.

EDIT: Cross Posted with Legate and Eonwe

Old 05-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #77
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
True Nog, but it was mostly directed at Legate's #59..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Okay, otherwise: Nilp's appearance and self-vote does not look good to me at all, why is he doing that? I think that's a bit silly, if nothing else. I mean, it's a way of bringing attention, of course, but he could have as well not voted at all. This is just asking for attention.
The entire concept of suspecting someone, or having ill feelings towards someone; based purely on their standard behavior practices, is really silly.

Suspecting Nilp because he self-voted, well he does that frequently. True, it does not make him innocent, nor does it make him evil, it just makes him - him.

I can provide other examples. I just find the entire concept a bit silly. 'tis like suspecting someone because their name starts with a particular letter.

X'd with Rune, Legate and Eonwe.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #78
Kent2010
Wight

++Rune

I disagree with Eomer that Rune's vote was the only "sensible" one of the bunch. Rune said his vote was 98% random, how is that sensible? Also, his reason for voting Izzy was she feels 'too careful?' I know now not to expect much out of Day 1 reasons, but I am more worried about someone slapping on a general feeling of uneasiness, then a random early vote, or people making role-playing posts.

I will continue to attempt role playing syle posts, when the time seems right, because afterall the name is Jeremy and I am an entertainer. We all are entertainers of sorts, seeing this is mirth and mirth is fun. The way I see it, we chose characters for a reason, why choose them if we are to not have fun with them?

Edit: was interrupted by having to set up a table crossed with everyone since Nogrod's post
Old 05-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #79
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I don't see the difference in Brinn being busy and Kath saying she cannot post until she has slept. . . If you are pro lynching quiet people, just because they are quiet, then surely it does not matter why they are quiet?
I was not speaking about Kath either. I was speaking generally. I simply agree with the fact that quiet people are no good, but of course, they may have their reasons. But they need to have the reasons. Somebody is busy toDay, okay, I can pardon him, but if he keeps doing that with no particular reason, I am on Nog's side. I am here for the DL, so I can wait, if I wanted to vote somebody quiet, until the very end of the Day if somebody who posted nothing before does not post something of substance (especially after being warned or such).

As to who that would be... well, I am still thinking of Isabellkya. She might be as well my pick #1 for toDay. But still a short time till DL.

EDIT: x-ed with Isabellkya and Kent
Old 05-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #80
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
++ Sally

*sorry dear* *cough cough* "I mean ... GARRRR... Walk the Plank"

Your vote for Nog worries me a bit. It almost seems like a bandwagon vote and those are never good. Nog was being a little zealous but I addressed my issue with that and he doesn't seem suspicious to me.