User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2003, 07:39 AM   #81
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dūm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

How about we pass through a small village. Police won't let us through. Someone loses temper, kills some of the local police force, is caught and to be hung the next day. We ride in save him/her from the gallows and ride off.

Any ideas about this Himaran?

~Burzdol~
Old 02-28-2003, 07:41 AM   #82
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dūm

The Eye

This is just to spice up the way to Bree.

~Burzdol~
Old 02-28-2003, 08:08 AM   #83
Dain Ironfoot
Haunting Spirit

Dain Ironfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
How about we pass through a small village. Police won't let us through. Someone loses temper, kills some of the local police force, is caught and to be hung the next day. We ride in save him/her from the gallows and ride off.
Hey, wait a minute, I thought we were the "good guys" and the Orcs and the traitors were the "bad guys". I like action, but we need something more subtle than that. Plus, if we slay another person for a reason like that, we aren't much better than brigands.

This would be a more interesting twist. One of our traitors would try and engineer a fight between one or more of our company and the local police. That could have led to an all out brawl and maybe somebody getting killed. But, at the last minute, someone would come to his mind and draw back from the confrontation.

Maybe Kaldon spreads a rumor among the companions that the local police are plotting against us, or maybe a lie that he ha overheard a conversation where they threaten to kill us, thinking we are a band of brigands. We come face to face and are squaring off too fight, but at the last minute back off. Then some of us try to figure out how the whole thing got started.

What say you?

Dain

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Dain Ironfoot ]
Old 02-28-2003, 08:17 AM   #84
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

I like Dain's idea:

However, it will happen AT Bree, not BEFORE Bree. We need to keep the story moving. I am about to set up a thing at Bree. READ IT CAREFULLY! EVERYONE WILL HAVE AN ASSIGNED JOB TO DO!

Subplot:

Kaldon spreads a rumor among the police force that Bali is a brigand. Then the local police are plot to capture him. Everyone attempts to hide Bali, with Burzdol staying near him. When Kaldon tells the police where he is hiding, and they reach where Bali is, Burzdol steps out and comes face to face with them.

They try to push past him but he trips one. That one falls and hits his head on something hard, dying thereafter. Then Bali and Burzdol are BOTH wanted. Soon it is morning and the company smuggles the "Wanted Pair" out of Bree.

What do you think Eruantalon? Gamers?

Either way, we are getting to Bree after I post.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:39 AM   #85
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Note To Gamers:

We are now at Bree, inside the Green Dragon Inn. You should all have your characters walking around and meeting people. Now is the time to get some extras for the trip; the more the merryier!

Burzdol: Check your PMs.

Himaran
Old 02-28-2003, 01:07 PM   #86
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Gamers:

Kaldon was discovered by Arlómė, and has fled the company. He will return into the story later on. We may catch sight of him and his band on the journey. The new person taking his place is Belfalod. He is a young man, a ranger, with green eyes and short blond hair. He has a bow and twin knives, though he does not throw them. He is the new traitor, but please don't suspect him right off. He is going to be much more comrade-like, friendly, and polite than Kaldon was. Not the type you would expect to be the evildoer.

Also, several men from Gondor are now on the journey. They can be killed during a battle, at the discretion of Gamers.

Burzdol, as you go on your way to tell Bali that Kaldon has deserted, notice the wanted sign for Bali. I will take over from there.

The game is starting to get a lot more interestion.

Himaran
Old 02-28-2003, 01:40 PM   #87
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Yes I agree with the suggestions. I would like all our charctors to interact a little more. There seems to be a lot of. He was stting or standing when posts. Not as much interactshion as there should be. Bree could be a good place for us all to get our charctors more friendly with each orter.

Maika,

Was it your charctor that was singing the night they camped? Erulon is going to approach you and talk to you a little. Maybe you can break into a song.

Himaran

What did you think of the suggestion that Erulon could make a song at the mountains that might make there journy a little easier.

To everyone,

Does anyone have a problem with us all sitting at a table togther and talking. It could be a good way for our charctors to get to know each orther better. At the inn at Bree.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:07 PM   #88
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thats a good idea about the new guy Belfalod being bad. Nobody would suspect an evil ranger. Since Arlome and Belegond are both rangers, they should be the quickest to befriend Belfalod.

To Kaldon:
I was thinking that Arlome and Kaldon run into eachother while Kaldon is escaping from Bree. Arlome and Kaldon get into a little fight, but since Kaldon is concentrating on getting away, the fight doesn't last that long.

Also while Arlome is out looking to warn others, I can run into Belegond so thats when those two can make a " ranger connection."

By the way, I like that idea about everyone sitting at a table and interacting more.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:57 PM   #89
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Earendi:

Its just fine is Kaldon runs into Alome as he is leaving Bree. Perhaps Belfalod can save Arlome, and the two become friends. No one will suspect him.

But remember, Kaldon gets away. He will return at a later time in the story.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:05 PM   #90
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Burzdol: I'm from Mirkwood, but I've traveled through both Lothlorien and Rivendell.

My Deal: I'm at the apothecary right now, making amends with an old friend, but I'll be back. I'll arrive around the time when Kaldon rides off in a hurry and Arlome (if they fight) is fighting him. I'll see Kaldon ride away, and Arlome recovering/standing up/ whatever he's doing. I'll run to find out what happened, then go inside the Inn where the police are confronting Bali and Burzdol or whoever. Well, I'll take it from there, but that's my plan. Ok ... ? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Eurlon: Yes that was Ani Dao singing. That sounds good. You post first and I'll go from there. Deal?

Phew ... this is so much fun. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Namarie noldonyar,
Maikafanawen

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 02-28-2003, 08:10 PM   #91
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I should probably check up on this thread more! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Anyway, for all of you who didn't know, Yanthė is a girl. I thought I was clear when I said in her bio that she was a "feminist" (lol). Oh, and then I'm sorry about not referring to names, sometimes I don't know the names, and other times I thought I was trying to spice up my writing. Hmmm. Thanks for telling me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2003, 08:58 PM   #92
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Is there anything I can do in all of this?
Old 02-28-2003, 11:17 PM   #93
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

ok, I'm going to post and pick a fight with Kaldon now.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:49 PM   #94
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

Here is the situation now:

Arlómė and Kaldon have gotten into a little squabble in front of the apothecary (for the convenience of Ani Dao finding Arlómė out there, so he can fill her in). But Kaldon had to bail because local guards were coming so now he is out of Bree. The scene is ready for Ani Dao to come out and see Arlómė and hear what happened.

This is getting pretty cool. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 06:44 AM   #95
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Belfalod meets Arlome and Ani Dao outside the apothecary, and he and Arlome become friends.

Arvedui III:

All members are encouraged to come up with there own subplots during "free time" such as this at the inn. It just so happens that Ani Dao and Arlome happened to be outside where Kaldon passed through to escape.

However, once Burzdol finds the wanted notice, everyone will be helping to hide Bali and fend off the police. This will be happening soon.

Himaran
Old 03-01-2003, 06:48 PM   #96
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

I have to leave this game and the Barrowdowns. I don't know if I'll ever come back. I am sorry and hope no one is to mad at me. So I am leaving both games I am in. Anyone who wants to take over my charctor is welcomed to. I wasn't kicked off I am leaving on my own accord.

I'm sorry Himaran Goodbye for now.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:51 PM   #97
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Eruantalon:

Sorry about whatevers going on. You are an excellent writer and have been a good friend. I will gladly take over your character.

Himaran
Old 03-01-2003, 09:25 PM   #98
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Are we at some sort of pause in the story? Because I'm not exactly sure what happens next ...
Old 03-01-2003, 09:35 PM   #99
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

We are waiting for Burzdol to some back from getting wupped by Kaldon and notice the Wanted sign for Bali. Then Bali will be hidden and all character will work to fend off the police and mercenaries searching for him. This will give all players a chance to get into the action!
Old 03-01-2003, 10:02 PM   #100
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Haha! Yes! Here that Carlas/Durin? You getta fight!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2003, 04:56 PM   #101
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Well it's been about two days and no ones been posting so I'm going to post one in the RPG, that may be wrong, and full of errs but I want to keep this moving. I will delete it, edit it, etc if Himarin does not approve, cross my heart!

-Maikafanawen
Old 03-02-2003, 05:11 PM   #102
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Burzdol, pm me your post about burzdol finding the note and I will post it in the saved post I made.

Everyone else, full speed ahead!

Himaran
Old 03-02-2003, 05:32 PM   #103
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Everyone is going to gather downstairs now. People are going to be asigned tasks. Here they are: LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!

Burzdol: You are going to guard outside Bali's room. you will have mercenaries and guards attack you, and you must fend them off. Eruantalon (who I will play) is going to be with you.

Ani Dao is going to guard the stairwell leading up to the dorm area. Lots can happen there...

Astarielle will be guarding the other stairwell. A lot can happen there, too.

The dwarves, all of them, will spread throughout the inn. They will be listening for people going after Bali. They will then dispose of them...

The two rangers and Yanithe will leave the inn, and look for a way to get Bali out of Bree. They will be attacked by roughians outside... perhaps they can bribe the gateman to let them sneak Bali out...

The gondorian extras and Belfalod will be out gathering supplies. Who wants to do that anyway?!

This will give EVERYONE a chance to get into the action and coordinate with other people.

All gamers really have to check the discussion thread often. It is where the game is born.

Himaran
Old 03-02-2003, 05:48 PM   #104
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Where exactly is my stairwell? Can I be seen obviously by people in the common room. I'm not familiar with the lay out of the Prancing Pony. Where am I close too, and who will come upon me in my position?

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 03-02-2003, 08:39 PM   #105
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

To maikafanawen:

I'm going to have Arlome and the new dude he recruited, Einen, go out and help guard Bali's wagon due to my assignment in the above post. Sorry he can't stick around in the inn [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] but I think you guys can handle it [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Just to let you guys in on Einen:
race:Man
He is really eager to go on this trip. He never has been out on dangerous journeys before so he is eager to prove himself. He has just a sword and a knife strapped to his belt. He is inexperienced in warfare, but Arlome will look after him.

Would it be ok if Einen was like a mini character? I kind of wanted him to be like Arlome's sidekick, and that he doesn't die as soon as the extras. I want him to be like a secondary character for me, if thats ok with you all.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:49 PM   #106
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Earilendil Halfelven:BALI IS NOT IN THE WAGON!!!!!!

There was a messup, but Bali is still in the room. Your assignment is to set up and escape plan. You know, make arrangements, get the wagon in the right place, and fight off the baddies outside the inn. Bali will be brought down when you have a plan set up to get him out of bree.

Himaran
Old 03-02-2003, 09:25 PM   #107
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Note To Gamers:

Everyone has an assigned position now! Check my earlier posts in this thread and Maikafanawen's latest post in the actual game to see where you are.

We tried to make it so everyone would have an exciting job to do!

Himaran
Old 03-02-2003, 09:46 PM   #108
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

Ok. I'm deleting my post that I just posted since it is based on the post that Bali is in a wagon. It going to be deleted and I'll post again when I come up with an escape plan.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:56 PM   #109
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

To Yanithe, Belegond, and Burzdol:

Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions on an escape plan? We need on quick! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
I suggest that first since there are 4 of us that we each check out one of the gates. for example-Arlómė will check the west gate, Yanithe will check the northern gate, Belegond will check the southern gate and Burzdol will check the eastern gate. We would be checking them for guards to see if the guards are checking wagons for Bali. Then we meet up with the results in front of like the Pony or whatever meeting place we think of, and decide on what our plan should be. In the mean time, my dude Arlómė will meet up with Einen.
What do you guys suggest?
Old 03-03-2003, 06:58 AM   #110
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Earilendil HAlfelven:

Burzdol is not with you! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But I suggest you sent Einin to check the fourth gate.

Note: THERE IS TO BE NO KILLING OF GUARDS!!! Just knock them out, we are good guys remember?! As for mercenaries, don't TRY to kill them. They are not orcs!

Himaran
Old 03-03-2003, 11:04 AM   #111
Kili
Pile O'Bones

Kili has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This is Arien speaking:

Earendil , have set up the situation with the gates, Belfalod has gone to get supplies. I have gone to the south gate and yourself and Yanithe have gone to west and east. I have said we would not be able to get out of the North gate because it is the main gate and would be heavily guarded. The south gate is unguarded, but for one guard. I have knocked him out and I am now retuning to the spot outside the Inn where we left. We could take the South gate as it would be easy to escape out of....What do you think?
"'Kili at your service!'said the one. 'And Fili!' added the other; and they both swept off their blue hoods and bowed. 'At yours and your family's' replied Bilbo, remembering his manners this time. 'Dwalin and Balin here already, I see' said Kili. 'Let us join the throng!'"
Old 03-03-2003, 04:29 PM   #112
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

I'm really sorry. Something happened to our internet acess and I couldn't get on.

~Burzdol~
Old 03-03-2003, 04:36 PM   #113
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Are my posts ridiculously too long?

-Maikafanawen
Old 03-03-2003, 05:42 PM   #114
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

I've a classic idea of putting Bali in a barrel. He would fit! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Good way to get him out of town. . . and perhaps Yanithė could use some of her womanly charms. . . [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2003, 05:58 PM   #115
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

Alright, lets go ahead and take the southgate. We don't want to have all your hard knocking out go to waste, do we? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Arlome will meet up with Einen on the way to the west gate and I'll introduce him to everyone else when we meet back up.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:32 PM   #116
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Think Bali will get a little cramped in a barrel?

Maikafanawen-No, your posts aren't to long. They make the story interesting. I'd rather you had long ones than barely having enough. By the way, good posts!

~Burzdol~
Old 03-03-2003, 06:38 PM   #117
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dūm

The Eye

Himaran: Maikafanawen did the notice instead of me. That's okay.

~Burzdol~
Old 03-03-2003, 06:49 PM   #118
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Hey, would you guys mind if Yanithė sang the little drunken gate guy to sleep and snuck our beloved leader out through there? I won't post until ye say yay or nay. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2003, 06:58 AM   #119
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Here is the plan I like the sound of. Erulon leaves through a window, gets the wagon and a barrel. With help from Burzdol, they carry the barrel up (hoist it), load it with Bali, then Erulon drives it to Yanithe. I like her idea of singing.

What do you guys think?

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A REDICULOUSLY LONG POST!!!

Himaran
Old 03-04-2003, 02:56 PM   #120
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Sounds good to me. As long as I can fight more police and such of the sort before it. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

~Burzdol~