The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #201
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Th' rest o' th' crew, if you prefer. No one else was considerin' it, but you asked fer th' pros n' cons as if there were a debate 'goin. Nah, I think you just slipped up an' yer only talkin' yer neck into a noose now...
You speak for the rest of the crew now, do you? If I "slipped up" by asking a question, then please, by all means lynch me for showing curiosity.

No one's asked me, but I'll avoid Rikae and her attempt to distract me and say it anyway; while I don't at all advocate mass double-lynching, I think in this case, with Greenie claiming to be our Spy, it could be a good idea. If she is the Spy, she can't help us with her role any more, and either way we get information on Nerwen.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #202
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Ok, one last time:

I thought ye were doin' jus' as I said, Shasta: pushin' th' double lynch (which would be a wasted lynch now) while tryin' t' look neutral.

An' I were accusin' you, not Kath, o' twistin' my words. Or you an' Kath t'gether, as it were.
Doesn't matter who you were accusing, the plain fact is, no one did, so now that you've been caught in a lie...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #203
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

And, as I've already said, I wasn't "pushing the double lynch".
Old 06-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #204
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Methinks dead seers don't dream.
The real one'd still be alive (unless it's Cabbie).
Old 06-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #205
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Wow, that 'as t' be th' most egregious example o' defensiveness I ha' ever seen.

'tis folly t' continue this banter, when ye can all see fer yourselves what's afoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
The real one'd still be alive (unless it's Cabbie).
Ok, now I see what ye be drivin' at, me 'earty.

EDIT: Th' first two lines be in regards to Mr. Shark Tooth.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #206
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, well I need to go now. I was slightly tempted to vote for Rikae, but the way she's attacked Shasta seems to violent and overdone to be wolfish.

I don't feel comfortable with voting someone as I have absolutely no idea who I find innocent or guilty. I will have more time toMorrow (If I'm still alive) to look in more detail at people's posts.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #207
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Okay, you can't attack me and then accuse me of being defensive when I defend myself.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #208
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I think there is a higher likelihood of being able to trust the ones whom are killed during the Night. As I can't see the baddies killing themselves. I could see some suggesting the idea, however whether or not it was followed through with.. not quite. There would be more loss than gain from it.

Zil is reminding me of a previous game.

It seems to me that usually the easier lynch candidates end up innocents.

I wouldn't think of Nog going for the easier choice.
I think some of the reasons, if not most that people gave for their vote were complete hogwash.

Sally.
In #99 you say..
Quote:
I be gettin' a bit of funny feelings from that there Shasta too, but I don't think it be a hunch worth following with a lynch.
Yet in #104 you vote for him.
Hopping on a Wagon of Contradictory much?

Mac. Were you trying to help Nog get wagoned, then retracted when it looked possible. So your hands would be relatively clean. But hopped right back on when it didn't look like others would place their votes that way?

What is with all of the jumping on Shasta? I'm inclined to either think A) He is a baddie B) Jumpers are Baddies or C) ?

If I were jumping on him, I'd say he is innocent. I'm not. Then again, he is Shasta.

Of Nerwen and Nog, you both should know better.

Your vote of Zil looks like someone trying to throw another under a moving ship, based solely on previous pack-mateship, Nerwen. Zil has played.. one previous game before? You could quite likely be a known innocent, if Greenie is telling the truth. I suggest you vote with much more substantial reasons, as some may or may not follow you based on your possible knownshipness. Of course, you could not be an innocent at all.

I think the Captain Obvious thing was from Gwath?

X'd since #184.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #209
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Ok, well I need to go now. I was slightly tempted to vote for Rikae, but the way she's attacked Shasta seems to violent and overdone to be wolfish.
Violent and overdone? What be Steve drinkin' (an' if he be drinkin', why's he holdin' out on the rest o' us?)
Old 06-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #210
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post

Oh yeah, and I just had to mention because it made me laugh so much:

[captain obvious remark]

From Shasta about Eonwe ... sorry Eonwe, but it was funny.
Be ye sure that was from yer mate Shasta?
Old 06-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #211
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Izzy's aboard?

Hm, I believe I'd best be makin' a list, since some stowaways here be slippin' under me radar. Arrr.

Here are the ones that don't:

Shasta: On second thought, mebbe his defensiveness isn't incriminatin' in itself. I remember him bein' a hot-tempered sort o' sea dog, ef my memory don't fail me. The things that first made me uneasy 'bout him still stand, though, an' his defense, if it ain't hurtin' him, ain't helpin neither.

Nerwen - Is a known non-aggressor if Greenie be tellin' th' truth, an' so I obviously won't vote fer 'er now. If Greenie proves false, that's another story.

Greenie - I think mebbe she be one o' th' co-conspirators, but she could also be th' spy. Lynchin' her now won't do much good, but mebbe another Day.

Eonwe - His mistake made him look a bit better t' me, since an aggressor would prob'ly be payin' closer attention.

...an' t' rest t' follow...
Old 06-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #212
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Arr! Me been thinking to have more time during day. Now the deadline be approachin' slowly and many pages to be read.

Just skimmed th' thredd for mentions of me and will now respond to those. Then I'll go try find out which of ye scurvy dogs be scurvier than th' rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
But ye be on th' wrong tack wi' Gunner Nogrod, I reckon.
Arrrr, ye be close to a known innocent at this point, so, if ye say so, I will let him be for now, although he literally begs for me vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
An' he keeps 'em pearly white, Mac.
An' ye be keepin' it out of sight, I reckon?

Some of ye have been wonderin' 'bout me vote yesterDay. I first voted him 'cause he was my best suspect and hoped to bring a wagg'n goin', then retracted 'cause so did Boro, and thus the chance turning Nog into fodder for the fish seemed slim. Arr, but I crossed with Annu's vote for Nogrod. Then I had a quick look at ev'ryone again, but simply didn't find a better cand'ate and revoted him out o' frrustrration.

Last edited by Macalaure; 06-16-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: gramm-arrrrrr!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #213
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Have ye played with Rikae before, mate? Let me tell ye, whether she be sound or rotten weighs no anchor - she be just as like to get worked up. (No offense meant, Rikae.)
Old 06-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #214
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Okay, you can't attack me and then accuse me of being defensive when I defend myself.
Aye, matey, that's worst.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #215
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

-Legless Sally Dawkins - She be givin' me th' same uneasy feeling she always does. Shiver me timbers!
-Puffy Shirt Rikae - Arr. That be me, an' I be no one to be trifled with - that is all ye need know.
-Pirate Lommy the Infected - Where be th' quartermaster t'day, anyhow? YesterDay I thought she merited a closer look.
-Gangrenous Inziladun Jones - A few alarms, but don't know 'im well. Can't be sure.
-Pirate Boromir the Malformed - 'e seems ok, but p'raps a little careful.
-Stutterin’ Wilwa Scab - Arr, she be a-sleepin' under me reindeer.
-High-Pitched Annu - Newbie, no read.
-Whinin’ Eomer Bonny - 'e 'asn't said much, n' not enough fer me t' pin 'im down.
-Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow - Ordinary enough.
-Poop Deck Kath - Seemed a little overeager t' accuse me o' twistin' people's words. Mebbe I lack perspective, but it didn't look right.
-Cowerin' Gwath Slasher - 'e be quiet. I trust Gwath more when 'e's, quiet, but I also don't much approve o' quetness when there are aggressors t' be caught.
-Pirate Nogrod the Fashionably Late - 'e seems like 'imself, conspiracy theories 'n all. I can never read 'im.
-Dancin' Mira Blythe - See Gwath.
-Ham-Hands Izzy - See Gwath times 1000. I didn' even realize she war here 'til just now.
-Short Ruth Mithril - Seems innocent for now.

I don't see why Eonwe n' Gwath seem t' think I be violent an' "worked up". I be nothin' o' th' sort, an' if Shasta responded that way hesel'f, well, thar's why I call 'im defensive.
Seriously, mates, ye don't think I call a body "defensive" 'jus cuz 'e defend himself, do ye? I sez it when th' defense be over-th'-top, out o' proportion - well, ye see wha' I mean.
But on th' other hand, I've seen a few good pirates end up walkin' th' plank because th' crew mistook defensivness fer guilt, an' Shasta's among 'em. I get th' feelin' our aggressors be among th' cautious ones not makin' an impression on me yet, an' in that case, there needs t' be more talk (n' more hands speakin' their minds, instead o' hidin' in th' shadows). Usually Nog would be pushin' fer that, too, which is one odd thing about 'im now.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #216
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:

I don't see why Eonwe n' Gwath seem t' think I be violent an' "worked up". I be nothin' o' th' sort, an' if Shasta responded that way hesel'f, well, thar's why I call 'im defensive.
As a matter o' fact, I warn't callin' ye worked up - I was mostly warnin' our mate Eonwe not to let affect his judgement one way or t'other if ye should get, er, excited.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #217
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Arrrrrr! At last ye start to sound like pirates! This isss more like it!

I did a vote count just for myself while skimming the thread and will post it if anyone's interested. I have a few comments on Day1 voting included. But then I'd like to do some actual mutineer-searching (somethings I think have changed since I last called in).

(I don't like this aesthetics but as there were a few retractions its more informative this way. Also in the end I've put in the minutes of the voting posts for those votes given during the last twenty minutes)

Day1

Rikae ++ Inziladun
Eomer ++ Mirandir
Boro ++ Nogrod
Kath ++ Eönwe
Shasta ++ Boro
Eönwe ++ Rikae
Greenie ++ Shasta
Lommy ++ McCaber
Wilwa ++ Greenie
Mac ++ Nogrod 2
Inziladun ++ McCaber 2
.40 Boro -- Nogrod 1
.52 Annu ++ Nogrod 2
.52 Boro ++ Shasta 2
.57 Rikae -- Inziladun 0
.57 Rikae ++ McCaber 3
.58 Mac -- Nogrod 1
.58 Nogrod ++ McCaber 4
.59 Sally ++ Shasta 3
.00 Mac ++ Nogrod 2
(.01 Gwath ++ wilwa, unbolded)

Okay Boro, now I see where you come with this Shasta / McCaber choice. Even if I still think you were a bit too fast there... (hah, me telling you to cool down with conspiracies and trying to stay level-headed! ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Anyway, from the votes I'd say Nog is ok. I think he realised voting McCaber was the only way to save himself. Doesn't mean he isn't a wolf trying to save himself but this early in the game I'm pretty sure an innocent Nog would think himself more worth saving.
Well, saving a known innocent beats sacrificing him for someone you can't be sure of... and sadly my only known innocent is me.

I saw Mac's explanation and can see the reason for his to and fro now (looking at the times the votes came in - I still don't like it but in the case you're innocent I wouldn't like to see you walk the plank for that).

The deciders were I think me and Rikae (I hadn't seen her vote when I voted). My choice went - besides self-defence (eg. thinking which one could be easier to lynch while not being too happy with either) - based on thoughts on how they would contribute in the long run. There I think Shasta has clearly better credentials of being a lively one and taking part (sorry McCaber).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #218
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Shasta's getting so worked up that he's probably innocent.

Rikae is probably innocent, too, and so is Boro. The rest, except Nerwen, I have no clue about, and that's unsettling.

I need my own fresh perspective on yesterday's voting.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #219
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Short thoughts on everyone:

Shasta - I don't see why some people jumped on him for suggesting that we consider the pros and cons of lynching Greenie, cause I find that there are some pros to doing that. He did get a bit defensive, but I don't see it as looking guilty.

Nerwen - I'm going to consider her innocent for now, since I am inclined to trust Greenie.

Greenie - inclined to trust

Eonwe - Confuses me a bit, and not just because of the pirate talk, seemed very quick to not believe Greenie. Will go over his posts again when I have more time.

Nogrod - seems like normal Nog to me.

Inzil - aswell seems fine to me.

Mac - same.

Mith - uhm, aswell seems fine...wow, I'm too trusting.

Boro - helpful, makes sense, I haven't seen anything that I disagree with, seems fine aswell.

Gwath - Really it's his vote yesterDay that bugs me, and not because it was for me, it was just odd and I think random votes closer at the beginning of Day 1 is kinda ok (and there were a good few yesterDay including myself), but at the end of the day when there are more helpful options you can vote for, it doesn't make sense to just throw your vote away like that.

Rikae - bad vibes, seems a bit intense, I will read over her posts when I have more time (which probably won't be until Day 3 to be honest)

Annu - going to give her a break for now since it's her first game, that ends Day 3

Mira - nothing that she's said has stuck out in my mind

Izzy - has she posted yet? I can't remember, will double check that later.

So yeah, for now the ones that I'm unsure of are Eonwe, Gwath and Rikae.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #220
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
'Bout time we get some passion an' fire on 'tis ship!

Quote:
-Pirate Boromir the Malformed - 'e seems ok, but p'raps a little careful.~Rikae
Quote:
Okay Boro, now I see where you come with this Shasta / McCaber choice. Even if I still think you were a bit too fast there... (hah, me telling you to cool down with conspiracies and trying to stay level-headed! ).~Nogrod
Thar be interestin'...me bein' a little careful, or a whacky conspiracy theorist? Thar seems t' be a bit o' a contradiction thar.

Fo' the record, I be more in accordance with Rikae...me bein' a little careful. That be mostly because I am not sure just what theory I want t' test.

Do I go with a feelin' that Nogrod be a mutineer? That 'e been playin' sneaky, by attemptin' to discourage votin' for McCaber, but still shootin' him in th' back. Although if I be wrong, we lose a mate who I know will participate an' 'ote.

Perhaps Nogrod, ye can share why ye think Inziladun's vote looks more suspicious than Lommy's?...I mean more than simply sayin' ye disagree.

Then we 'ave Kath saying Rikae is twistin' Shasta's words. Rikae sayin' Shasta's twistin' her words, and Shasta sayin' Rikae is twistin' his words. Thar be a lot of word twistin' an' I wonder about testin' whether Rikae be a co-conspirator(Kath seems to be more logical...or mehbe that's just becuz she be honey-talkin' me). Or I wonder if all the piratifyin' be the cause of all th' word twistin'?

But then Rikae actually has been makin' more sense after the Shasta duel...I mean I wonder 'bout testin' whether we 'ave non-confrontational mutineers...people stayin' out o' the scruffles, such as Gwath, Eomer, Mira, sally, Dun, Izzy an' Mac. (Mac more today than yesterday, he be more fiery yesterday). But since Izzy's here, postin' an' askin questions, I feel good about her now.

Mith's been silent, but she be on Nogrod, so I wouldn't count her non-confrontational.

An' seein' as Eonwe's been out here and answerin' some of his questionable statements, I must disagree with whoever it was that said he be captain obvious.

Then I wonder if I want to test Shasta's challenge to lynch him...hmm that be a mighty temptin' offer, I don't know if ye want to throw me that rope first mate.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #221
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh an' Rikae ye asked about Lommy. Ye can check the Cap'ns log, she said she would not be here at all today, she be busy elsewhere all day.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #222
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Just to be clear; I think Rikae's evil and possibly Annun as well.

++Rikae
Old 06-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #223
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
(Mac more today than yesterday, he be more fiery yesterday)
He be less tired yesterday, and, since people (other than Mith, I guess) keep on dissuading me from Nogrod, less clueless.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #224
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Even if there is a chance Greenie is a co-opsie, we would be very foolish to lynch Nerwen on Day2. That would be stupid indeed. She can be as smooth and shrewd as Brinn (and that's saying a lot) but still. Not our first worry, I'd say.

Also I would not want to see any of the first group (following) lynched on Day2 - or any other Day in the beginning of the game: stubborn, independent-minded and talkative people who can make others consider and reconsider are worth their weight in gold when the going gets tough (or the thread dries up because no one posts anything).

That's why the mutineers want these to walk the plank so that we couldn't trust them (even a wee bit) in the future. The mutineers will not be happy to kill people from this bunch during the Night as they can stay and help as "known innocents" (about that). They want the indetermination and insecurity that follows from lynching. So let's not help them in the first Days. It may get different as Days go by though.

-Puffy Shirt Rikae ~ Cabin Boy
-Pirate Lommy the Infected ~ Quartermaster
-Pirate Boromir the Malformed ~ Gunner
-Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow ~ Cooper
-Poop Deck Kath ~ Musician (Pipe)

(I'm not saying that all above are innocents! Not at all! I'm almost sure at least one of them is a mutineer, but let's not start hitting the dark from the direction that the mutineers woud want us to.)

Then come the ones I have no freakin' idea about. Could be good, good be bad. I just don't have a clue or even a decent feel of them.

-Legless Sally Dawkins ~ Carpenter
-Gangrenous Inziladun Jones ~ Pilot
-Stutterin’ Wilwa Scab ~ Cook
-Cowerin' Gwath Slasher ~ Powder Monkey
-Ham-Hands Izzy ~ Striker
-Stinkin' Eön Bloodbeard ~ Powder Monkey

Leaving me with a short list of those I have suspicions, or bad / strongly mixed feelings about. Those will follow with a few comments.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #225
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Perhaps Nogrod, ye can share why ye think Inziladun's vote looks more suspicious than Lommy's?...I mean more than simply sayin' ye disagree.
Okay. It looked more sincere... well the way she thinks and posts in general. Well, she just is like that. You remember the famous "Lommy flip-flop"? She goes this way then that way... looking at it from all angles - and taking personal motives into account.

With Inziladun I think it was easier, possibly more calculative... But anyway quite safe-looking thing: just refer to a few points others have made and then say it's weak but better than nothing. I don't like that kind of votes - hiding behind the backs of others and making it clear you're not wholeheartedly sticking to it.

So Lommy looked more sincere, Inziladun less.

That isn't to say Lommy couldn't be the mutineer...
Old 06-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #226
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

After looking at the voting again:

With toDay's vote in mind, too: Does anyone have an idea what Eomer is up to?

Lommy's vote is too careful for my taste. I'm with Boro: I'm ok with Inzy's.

Nog's behavior is a chapter of its own, but I won't open it toDay.

Slightly fishy votes also came from Kath, Wilwa, and, in fact, Boro.

I don't find Gwath's vote suspicious. Looks like a simple case of last minute panic to me.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #227
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post

Then we 'ave Kath saying Rikae is twistin' Shasta's words. Rikae sayin' Shasta's twistin' her words, and Shasta sayin' Rikae is twistin' his words. Thar be a lot of word twistin' an' I wonder about testin' whether Rikae be a co-conspirator(Kath seems to be more logical...or mehbe that's just becuz she be honey-talkin' me). Or I wonder if all the piratifyin' be the cause of all th' word twistin'?
I be thinkin' that maybe one of the pirates involved in the quarrel could be a mutineer tryin' to sow dissension among the crew. Tryin' to play it up, add fuel to the fire, you know. Which one is anybody's guess though.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #228
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Here be my list of people I trust less than you others (which isn't much either).

-Shark Tooth Shasta ~ First mate
I still have my bad feelings about him but at the same time I agree that his defence was not too agressive as some people say when trying to point at someone being lupine - but actually quite good (it oft'times sounded pretty genuinely enraged indeed). So he's possibly my least favourite lynchee toDay from this group.

-Short Ruth Mithril ~ Cook
There's something in her defensiveness that goes over the top. I mean there were no votes, no serious challenges on her, no outspoken suspicions that would go over the "I have bad vibes from her" -level, she was no talk of the Day on either Days... good if even a few mentioned her. And still she starts the Day with a staunch defence. And ends up making what looks most likely a retaliatory vote. It's not something I like coming from Mith. Still I'm very much hesitating whether it would be enough to lynch her.

-Whinin’ Eomer Bonny ~ Musician (Pur-loined Violin)
How come he's the "Whinin'" one when I do the whining now? But really his way of play is just outrageous. He's done nothing but banter (what three posts in two Days?) and voted Mira on both Days without any stated reason whatsoever. Purely calculting that no one would raise their eyebrows enough to call that behaviour forth thus letting him hibernate the first Days through with no challenge whatsoever? Well sorry Eomer, I would like to call that indeed! Sadly there are no "calls for bluff" as we don't learn the identities of the dead. But it makes me suspect him.

-High-Pitched Annu ~ Surgeon
New player around and should have the benefit of doubt for a Day or two. But she's clearly intelligent enough to follow the tides and to vote accordingly. Her way of trailing the common talking and voting the same way not rubbing anyone else the wrong way looks darn suspicious nevertheless. Maybe not toDay?

-Dancin' Mira Blythe ~ Striker
Day1, one banter-post. Day2 one banter + one listing of what Greenie said (already done by Nerwen) with little or nothing to add. If you talk of someone playing it low, here you have it. Soo careful not to upset anyone, not to be seen other than "a little helpful".

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-16-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: added boldings & corrected typos
Old 06-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #229
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

ooh, just realised I forgot Lommy and Eomer in my list. Well I don't really have any thoughts on Lommy, but Eomer is indeed acting strangely, but really that's nothing new.

So I'm going back and forth between Rikae, Eonwe and Gwath, for reasons previously stated. I'm thinking I will go for Eonwe, he's very confusing (what Kath actually said about him in her list kinda explains what I had already been thinking), yet I really didn't like Gwath's vote either....hmmmm...

++Eonwe

I feel stronger towards him so I think I'll stick to that. Off to bed now. See you all Day 3, I have no plans so I should be around quite a bit.

X'ed with Gwath and Nog
Old 06-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #230
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

A quick thought - Eomer & Mira = mutineer-on-mutineer?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #231
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Btw. I was not thinking of hanging around to the DL toDay (or the later Days if it's not somehow absolutely necessary) as the DL is 7AM here and it's already coming 5AM (I'm on vacation to be sure but still).

So here be toDay's votes so far. I'll have a cigarette and try to decide on my vote.

Day2

Nerwen ++ Inziladun
Mith ++ Nogrod
Annu ++ Shasta
Rikae ++ Shasta 2
Kath ++ Annu
Eomer ++ Mira
Shasta ++ Rikae
wilwa ++ Eönwe
Old 06-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #232
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

--Shasta

++Mira
Old 06-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #233
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Oh, great - I just realized Mira's dropping out. Now I wasted my vote. Brinn, if you're around, do Eomer and I get a chance to vote again?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #234
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Eomer still has his retraction, unless I'm missing something. Care to explain your own retraction, Rikae?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #235
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Why do you think the two are baddies together?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #236
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Oh, great - I just realized Mira's dropping out. Now I wasted my vote. Brinn, if you're around, do Eomer and I get a chance to vote again?
Nope. I'm not modfiring Mira in the middle of the Day, so technically she still is in the game and you guys are welcome to lynch her all you want.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #237
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

If Mira is leaving, Annu is a newbie - and I hesitate with voting Mith or Shasta, it leaves me with

++ Eomer

I'll leave the computer open for a moment just to check before actually dropping out.

Day2

Nerwen ++ Inziladun
Mith ++ Nogrod
Annu ++ Shasta
Rikae ++ Shasta 2
Kath ++ Annu
Eomer ++ Mira
Shasta ++ Rikae
wilwa ++ Eönwe
Rikae – Shasta 1
Rikae ++ Mira 2
Nogrod ++ Eomer
Old 06-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #238
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Nope. I'm not modfiring Mira in the middle of the Day, so technically she still is in the game and you guys are welcome to lynch her all you want.
But you are during the Night if she does not get lynched?

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-16-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #239
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Why possible wolf-on-wolf? The fact that Eomer was going after Mira in that way while Mira ignored it and behaved cautiously (as pointed out by Nog) looked wolf-on-wolfish to me.

It doesn''t seem likely an assassin would just drop out, though, so - wasted vote.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #240
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Oh, great - I just realized Mira's dropping out. Now I wasted my vote. Brinn, if you're around, do Eomer and I get a chance to vote again?~Rikae
Still it might be a good option to stay with Mira...based on the request to be mod-fired, it's likely she's innocent who's run into computer issues (although she could very well be a mutineer). We're apparently going to lose her anyway (and I'm assuming we'd get her role too...?), if we vote to lynch someone else, we run the risk of lynching an innocent (but of course concede the chance of getting a baddie), plus losing Mira. At this point, it might be good to keep the deaths down, and let the mutineers make their selection at night, which would presumably, with a successful kill, give us another innocent.

Quote:
Slightly fishy votes also came from Kath, Wilwa, and, in fact, Boro.
Are you talking about my vote for Shasta, or my retract on Nogrod...or both?

Shasta usually votes for me on Day 1, when given the chance, I don't know if it's a signal that he's innocent (at least anytime he's randomly picked me on Day 1 he's been innocent) or he feels like making a safe vote, being fairly sure I won't be a Day 1 lynch and not wanting to make a bad choice early in the game...whatever it is you'll have to probably ask him.

Anyway, I voted for him, to send a message that I'm willing and ready to duel. I need someone to replace the amazing duels between Menel and myself, so call it a revenge vote, or what ever you want, it was to send a message the "bring it" message to Shasta. And that is why I am still very tempted to take up his offer of lynching him, although voting based on emotions and long rivalries tends to end up not so good. Sometimes, it works out, just ask Menel...

I have a dirty habit to want to mess with retractable votes...and usually I pick someone who is very loud, such as tp or Nogrod. And others, like Lommy and Agan, have picked up that when their are retractable, and I do make that type of early vote, it's guaranteed that a retract will come eventually. I will say I don't do it willy-nilly though, I have a reason...tp knows I'm testing him, I'm not sure if Nogrod does though...

Nogrod happened to fail the test with flying colors, which is why I said I'm debating on testing my theory that he's a mutineer. You might ask well if you think he's a mutineer, why are you debating? The bad news is, whether Nogrod is lynched or not, we won't know his role and thus my "test" really wouldn't tell me anything until I actually did find his role. The good news is, whether Nogrod is lynched or not, we won't know his role, but he will be a ghost and can still participate if he so chooses, and that can tell us more about him.

Does any of that make sense?