The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #761
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

ninja91 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
Look at the first post, master 91. It's full of useful information that you will be tested on at the end of the year.
Sorry, Hookbill. Sometimes I make noob mistakes. Kinda like that one!
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...
ninja91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #762
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja91
Sorry, Hookbill. Sometimes I make noob mistakes. Kinda like that one!
Don't let it happen again!

I may be sending you a new picture of me soon, Tigerlily. I'm just in the process of thinking of a photoshop situation that will be funny enough.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:12 AM   #763
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
professional photographers can make anyone look awesome.
Except me... The worst pictures ever to be taken with me in them were taken by sc. professionals this year.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #764
Gothmog
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gothmog has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Gothmog
Small update...

I just realised that the robot-look is soooo last year, so I had to change my pic This one was taken to show my new haircut to my girlfriend, but I thought it would be good enough for you too! It's not easy taking pictures of yourself using your phone, I promise you...

It's almost scary to see some people for real, your own inner picture of them is totally changed... Like seeing LotR as movies Some things are too far from your own view of them...

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom
~Lurker...
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #765
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
The worst pictures ever to be taken with me in them were taken by sc. professionals this year.
Were they paid well enough?

I've always had issues with professionals when it came to my school pictures. The problem is they don't have time and you don't really pay them, so it's one click and you're done. It might even turn out better if a monkey were to take your picture.

I endured twelve years of the horrifying "you only get one shot, so make it your best" school picture system. I consider my senior year the first time I faced a real photographer. Two to three hours with one of those guys and something's got to turn out good. Of course, professionals are expensive and only used for special occasions (unless your a model or actor). I know I won't be seeing one until my sister's wedding....
Old 10-13-2006, 07:40 AM   #766
Volo

Umm... Is it just me or does the page not really work... It wants a password when I press the link and the chat-thing doesn't work.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #767
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I've just sent off a new picture for the Photo page. I hope you all like the photo editing I've done. I would have done something more extravagant and complex but... I couldn't be bothered.

For those who can't get the page to work, I'll post it here also...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hookbill's visitor.jpg (31.4 KB, 547 views)
Old 10-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #768
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Troll Thrasher

Hey Hooky give that troll a good hammering, he's trashed your bedroom and ripped your posters of the wall.

Ugh! those smelly undergarments under the bed don't belong to him do they?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #769
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by narfforc
Hey Hooky give that troll a good hammering, he's trashed your bedroom and ripped your posters of the wall.

Ugh! those smelly undergarments under the bed don't belong to him do they?
Yes, well. The poster is usually on my door but its being re-painted and so I had to move it. I couldn't be bothered putting it up properly and didn't notice it was in the picture until it was too late. Oh well.
With the redecorating my room is in a bit of a mess, but I just got a new camera today so I wanted to try it out regardless.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:35 PM   #770
Volo

Hmm... good pic Hookbill, but personally I like your old one more.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:02 AM   #771
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just got a pic of me

My sister managed to take an okay pic of me, but it was so blurry that I had to photoshop it almost unrecognisable before it looked decent enough. Anyway, here it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hannihanni.jpg (21.3 KB, 578 views)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:04 AM   #772
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I like it Lommy, it's artistic.

And here's just what the world needs, another picture of me. I had the urge the other day to take a picture with headphones, as that's what I'm generally wearing when I'm on the computer.

Headphones
Old 10-16-2006, 06:16 AM   #773
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Diamond, I've always wondered how can one have such eyebrows as yours.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:53 AM   #774
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

By washing my face in the blood of virgins.

Heh. Actually, what do you mean? I wasn't aware that they were special.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:02 AM   #775
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Thumbs up

Alatar's little cherubs are just adorable.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #776
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
My sister managed to take an okay pic of me, but it was so blurry that I had to photoshop it almost unrecognisable before it looked decent enough. Anyway, here it is.
That's pretty cool picture, you look like a singer from the 60s. Maybe a folk singer?

Hookbill - is that the woman from McCalls/McColls/Martins in your picture, giving you some lip for daring to enter the shop and trouble her with wanting to buy a newspaper? It certainly reminds me of her...
Old 10-16-2006, 12:46 PM   #777
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
Heh. Actually, what do you mean? I wasn't aware that they were special.
You have cool eyebrows.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:18 PM   #778
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Di, why aren't you blonde! I know you're not, but somehow it always seems like you should be.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:38 PM   #779
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Di, why aren't you blonde! I know you're not, but somehow it always seems like you should be.
Perhaps because if you tell fortunes with ordinary playing cards (light) blondes are usually represented by diamonds. Diamond herself seems to be more of a club type , possibly a heart depending on eye colour.... or you may have read Jostein Gaarder's Solitaire Mystery which uses these associations .... it is a fabulous book btw and I found it easier going than Sophies World...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:14 PM   #780
Volo

Am I the only nasty one to think that Lommy's new picture isn't great? Her old one is waaay better.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:33 PM   #781
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
In her other one she looks sweet, this is moodier more dramatic and sophisticated. ANd as for a singer ...shades of a young Juliette Greco methinks.... though Lommy is prettier..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #782
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Am I the only nasty one to think that Lommy's new picture isn't great? Her old one is waaay better.
I know it's only because the newer one includes a penguin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
ANd as for a singer ...shades of a young Juliette Greco methinks.... though Lommy is prettier..
Why, thank you. I googled Juliette Greco, and in my opinion she's really pretty.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:49 PM   #783
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
Hookbill - is that the woman from McCalls/McColls/Martins in your picture, giving you some lip for daring to enter the shop and trouble her with wanting to buy a newspaper? It certainly reminds me of her...
Yes, I think it is. She doesnt work there anymore, however. It's now populated by teenagers who stare blankly into space whenever the alarm goes off signaling that someone has just left the store without paying for something.

Di, I like the headphones pic. The expression on your face is exactly how I imagine Skittles in ATMII.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:07 PM   #784
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
Yes, I think it is. She doesnt work there anymore, however. It's now populated by teenagers who stare blankly into space whenever the alarm goes off signaling that someone has just left the store without paying for something.
Maybe they wouldn't be so rude if all you wanted to do was to get your latest issue of Smash Hits though (80s era). Oooh, I'll never forget that woman! I'm scarred for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
In her other one she looks sweet, this is moodier more dramatic and sophisticated. ANd as for a singer ...shades of a young Juliette Greco methinks.... though Lommy is prettier..
Now I know why I said 'folk singer' - there is this well-known picture of singer Anne Briggs (as far as Anne Briggs is known, I bet nobody else here knows who she is ) that's in a similar style!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:43 PM   #785
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I hadn't checked that page in a while!

TORE - Love the sideburns.

Fea - Love the hat!
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:03 PM   #786
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I have been able to evade all the cameras for the last ten years or something - at least any digital ones. But here's a very shady picture of me in a party last year... It really is bad...

I hope I can come with something better soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jaanallanettiin.JPG (8.8 KB, 666 views)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:45 PM   #787
Volo

Quote:
I know it's only because the newer one includes a penguin...
It does?
Old 10-17-2006, 02:32 AM   #788
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
It does?
What did you think the thing on the right is, if not a penguin? (I admit the picture's a bit shady, but... well, at least it fits my PT ...)
Old 10-17-2006, 03:43 AM   #789
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well it's not a bad picture Noggie, you just look rather ... startled.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:13 AM   #790
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
IMO it's more of a "Oooh! There's beer in the fridge!" look.

At least, that's what I would look like if there was ice cold beer in my fridge now...
Old 10-17-2006, 04:24 AM   #791
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurreg
IMO it's more of a "Oooh! There's beer in the fridge!" look.
Haha, not that unprobable scenario...

I thing the problem with the pic is that it's a bit shady...
Old 10-23-2006, 06:13 AM   #792
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Ok ok ok ok I finally found a picture of myself I am happy with (I messed about with the colour and stuff so you can't see my bad skin).

Old 10-23-2006, 06:34 AM   #793
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Post nr. 1700

What is this thing about passwords on the photopage? Have i missed some info or is it only me that is expiriencing it?

The reason for my photo not being up is that gmail for some reason refused to deliver it to Tigerlilly, anyways she has it now and it should be in the next update.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:37 AM   #794
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Do I have to email it to Tigerlilly? Can you not just take the picture I posted a couple of messages ago?
Old 10-23-2006, 07:41 AM   #795
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

If you want it up on Tigerlily's site you have to email it to her.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:55 AM   #796
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
What is this thing about passwords on the photopage? Have i missed some info or is it only me that is expiriencing it?
Yay. I didn't ask about this right away because I thought maybe I'm the only one having this problem.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:14 AM   #797
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

It asks a password from me too, but I just closed the wondow and it was normal, except the comments did not show. (The comment screen demanded a password...)
Old 10-24-2006, 09:13 AM   #798
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
same here

Can you explain, Tigerlily?

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #799
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Try hitting cancel when you get prompted.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:36 AM   #800
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
It asks a password from me too, but I just closed the wondow and it was normal, except the comments did not show. (The comment screen demanded a password...)
Quite. Which is somewhat annoying since I love the chatboard. Oh well...
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote