The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up Paper Telephone.

Okay, this is slightly more unusual than your average Mirth game, but it's worth it.
I discovered this game while on this forum.

I am not sure such an art focused game is a conventional Barrow Downs thread, but when I saw the results, I couldn't hep but think the Downers deserve to share in the experience.

The first player comes up with a sentence and shows it to the second player in private.
The second player draws a picture to illustrate this sentence and shows it to the third player in private.
The third player then writes a sentence to describe this picture and shows it to the fourth player in private.
And so on.

Normally the results are fantastic, but it's slightly more difficult to play on a forum than at a regular party. So here's how it works:

People sign up to play.
I (as the first player) think of a sentence and PM it to the second player.
The second player draws a picture and PMs it back to me.
I PM this picture to the third player, who writes a suitable sentence and PMs it to me. And so on and so forth till the end

This way we have the entire chain at one person's disposal, so that once it's finished it can be posted quickly and easily.

Pictures can be created in any medium - computer-created or scanned. Be creative.

Sign up now. I want at least 10 people so we get 5 pictures. It may take some time, but I think it will be worth it.

Oh, and the first sentence will be Middle Earth related. So worry not.

If you think this thread inappropriate for the Downs, I'll completely understand. But the results of this game literally had me in tears with laughter when I first read it, so I thought some folks here would like it...