The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-12-2003, 04:23 PM   #1
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting Stuff they left out of the TTT:EE!

I thought I had it pretty much figured out what kind of stuff they were going to put in the Two Towers: Extended Edition. Stuff like Eowyn, slaying the orc that somehow gets into the caves. If you watch the Two Towers preview again, you'll see a lot of stuff missing. What about that shot where Arwen runs up to Elrond (dropping her clothes as she runs? What IS that? I thought Liv Tyler could at least keep her clothes on for the movie!) and says "You have the gift of foresight, tell me what you have seen." <P>There's also a shot of Eomer in the preview, slowly lowering his spear as he rides. And of course, while we know this will be in RotK, but in the preview Arwen slowly approached the Shrine of Narsil.<P>And though it was too late, I really think Peter Jackson should have chosen to put Saruman's death in TTT:EE. But, he is a man under a lot of pressure, so I guess I can understand it. <P>But anyway, I kind of wanted to see that Eowyn scene at least...why do you think they dropped all these? Do you think it was good, or bad?
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 04:34 PM   #2
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> What about that shot where Arwen runs up to Elrond (dropping her clothes as she runs? What IS that? I thought Liv Tyler could at least keep her clothes on for the movie!) and says "You have the gift of foresight, tell me what you have seen." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If you watch one of the clips from ROTK that are on the internet this scene is on there. There is a thread on this forum about them but I will let you find it. There is hardly a picture on the clips but the dialog explains some things. If you want me to tell you the dialog of this clip just ask. I think since all the movies were filmed at once there were a lot of scenes that could be in one movie or another and PJ didn't make up his mind until the last minute after the preview was out. <P>Ohh and I think that was her cloak that she dropped.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 04:51 PM   #3
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Ohh and I think that was her cloak that she dropped.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, well, she had to start somewhere!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 10:29 PM   #4
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>But anyway, I kind of wanted to see that Eowyn scene at least...why do you think they dropped all these?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think PJ wanted to keep Eowyn's character a little closer to the books. Although since she wasn't even there to begin with, why not finish it off with a kill? I'll never understand that guy .<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Yes, well, she had to start somewhere!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B>Lol!</B> Nice shot .
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 10:42 PM   #5
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

Location: somewhere with hippos that say jolly o and wear spectacles
Trippo The Hippo has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And though it was too late, I really think Peter Jackson should have chosen to put Saruman's death in TTT:EE. But, he is a man under a lot of pressure, so I guess I can understand it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think that is silly everyone who didn't see the extended version would show up wondering where saruman was. It would have been very strange.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:58 AM   #6
Gashberz
Haunting Spirit

Gashberz has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gashberz
Sting

Yes I Concure!<BR> -Cheers!
Old 12-13-2003, 06:30 PM   #7
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I think that is silly everyone who didn't see the extended version would show up wondering where saruman was. It would have been very strange.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, it would be no worse than having everyone wondering throughout RotK where Saruman is...until the EE is released. Oh yeah, & for those who don't up seeing that EE, they'll never now .
Old 12-14-2003, 04:04 PM   #8
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

I don't think we need to be taking pot shots at Liv Tyler because she dropped her cloak (as was probably dictated by the script/directing/etc.) Through all the times I saw the TTT trailer I never thought of it as a stripteeze, but then of course, I'm not a guy....<P>Anyway, I'm glad they didn't have Éowyn fight in TTT. It takes away from the whole deal with her being left behind <I>again</I> in RotK. Up until she takes the initiative and sneaks along, they should maintain the frustration of not getting to fight. Modern non-book audiencies may have been expecting to get the "I never get to fight" issue resolved in TTT already (my dad was, he thought it was kind of stupid that they talked about it so much but it never happened). But that's the whole point of her character, until "the big one". So I'm glad that in this case they thought better of yet another character alteration for impatient audiences.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:10 PM   #9
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree with Diamond18 about Éowyn. And I, being a guy, don't think it was at all a stripteeze.<P>Burzdol
Old 12-15-2003, 04:54 PM   #10
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>And I, being a guy, don't think it was at all a stripteeze.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Of course not. It was a little wierd, though .