The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2004, 02:19 PM   #1
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots How did the other BDers change you?

I hope this isn't a duplicate thread. I tried looking and couldn't find another one like this so perhaps it can stay and flourish.

I don't think there's any doubt that the Barrowdowns as a whole has affected us in a way, whether great or small. However, what of the individual Downers? In what ways have the people you have met on this website affected your day-to-day life?

A notable change for me has come about because of Diamond18 and her uncanny humour. Once upon a time, in the old 101 things they'd never say thread she posted as follows; Frodo: "Well ruffle my hair and call me Bingo!" It has since become one of my favourite phrases and I use it all the time when I step back into the 'real world' (does that surprise you at all Diamond? ).

Just take the title of this thread as further evidence. I would normally have typed Downers instead of BDers but Fordim's thread in Mirth convinced me that the latter version was more striking.

So please share your ideas if your fellow BDers have altered your life in a good (or even bad) way.

Old 08-01-2004, 03:37 PM   #2
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Well, a lot of smart people here taught me more about expressing ideas and paragraph formation than my teachers...and I'm not really kidding.

And I guess the saying 'you don't know what you got till it's gone' fits here perfectly. For instance, I realized these days that Heren Istarion's absence made the Quotable Quotes forum a much less lively place... *holds up large banner 'We miss you, HI!*

OT: Hey, it's so cool someone remembers that 101 things a LOTR character would never say thread! It's one of my favourite threads of all time, I used to read it over and over again and laugh hysterically at some entries. Maybe it's time someone bumps it back to life...
Old 08-01-2004, 04:29 PM   #3
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well ruffle my hair and call me Bingo, that just makes my day, Eomer!

Well lots of BDers have had an affect on me, which is only to be expected considering the amount of time I have spent here since September 2002. I often find myself thinking about posts or topics when away from the computer, and there is no doubt the smart, witty, eloquent, thought provoking posts I have encountered here have helped to shape my perceptions of more than just Tolkien and Middle-earth.

To try and come up with some specifics.....

littlemanpoet changed my life exponentially when he invited me to join the FaerieWordweavers writing group (Shameless Plug) and though much of the stuff I have learned and many of the people I have met there are not technically Barrow Downs related, I would never have gone there without first being here. Some crossover members like Nar and Kalessin deserve mention too (though I don't think they have actually posted here in a very long time).

Esty, Squatter and other REBers have done more than just amuse me and laugh at my jokes in turn. There are so many things I encounter in 'real life' that make me think of REB, or certain posters; for instance I will never think of the word 'manly' in the same way again. I seem to compare all comedy to REB, these days.

And to tell the truth, any time someone gives me a Reputation comment, or replies to one of my posts, etc., even in the smallest ways, it lifts my spirits and gives me confidence. And that does affect the way I am in the 'real world'.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:13 PM   #4
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Well, let's see...

Vala (who sadly seems to have left us long ago ) is personally responsible for my joining of the Barrowdowns, as I joined specifically for the purpose of posting on her thread, Dreams of what must come and what must be! (it's linked to in my siggy) Though I most likely would have joined eventually, it was Vala who provided a reason to join sooner.

Luthien Tinuviel and Morgul Queen and all the other Golden Ring Marathon planners got me to branch out and join another forum...and Luthy and Morgy have become some of my best friends (and Mental Triplets).

Eomer of the Rohirrim gave me a reason to show my cheeky side in What do BDers Look Like? and I have since become much more cheeky and, well...Lush-ish.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:50 PM   #5
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Changed? Me? Never. Actually, that simple statement just turned me into a liar... *trails off into muttering about assumptions and people who don't know me*. Well, I've been changed in vague ways (writing style, tone and such), and in more specific ones. The simple fact of my being a member of a worldwide forum has been highly educational, and very eye-opening.

My vocabulary has grown immensely, and the spelling of a lot of words in my writing are the "European" versions.

Eomer of the Rohirrim and Nirvana II have improved my analysis and deductive skills, by being so sneaky about their appearances.

I know I've been changed more, but my mind has gone amazingly blank... Great thread, Eomer.

Fea
Old 08-02-2004, 12:33 AM   #6
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Before *quickly does math* eight and a half months ago, I would not have spoken up for all the gold in Middle-Earth.

Now, because of you fine people, I find myself posting on threads that I would have avoided like the plague before. I know I don't always have the funniest or most philosophically wise things to say, but I say them.

So, you see, it's your fault I talk so much now. My real-time friends are out for your blood. I'm much more annoying in person.

In particular, one BD'er stands out.

Eomer of the Rohirrim, your posts and threads (this one included), are always entertaining, and often inspire my input as well. Our battle on the Somethin' Somethin' thread has kept me guessing every time I log on.

You complimented me the other day on that thread by saying that "your imagination is only equaled by your mirth". Well, neither one of those qualities would have surfaced if not for the amazing imagination and mirth of you, and everyone else on the forums. I can only hope to be equal with many of you here.

So, in the conclusion of a very boring and uncharactaristically serious post, I say thanks.
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:20 AM   #7
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Shucks! You guys are too nice for your own good.

Most of you brought up the subject of language/writing techniques. I must say I agree. Some Downers, in particular The Squatter of Amon Rudh, just amaze me with the eloquence of their posts. As a result I have endeavoured to improve the quality of my own writing, and I must give credit and due thanks here.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:20 AM   #8
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

SaucePanMan-Cryptic Clues those late nights searching for a answer I would never get

Gil-Galad- Little pokes challenging me to try harder especially when she told me I try too hard

Bombadil the original stalked He wqas pretty good with Triviaa

there are more but those are most porominent
Old 08-02-2004, 09:55 AM   #9
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Silmaril Lush

I won't say that Lush changed me, because that isn't exactly accurate. It's more that the ideas I already had got strengthened by her. For example: she once said that she goes to the library in mini skirts to break stereotypes. Between her and a close friend of mine, it's occured to me that I can dress however I want, and still be who I am. Just because I'm looking like a "lil hottie" in makeup, a skirt, and all, doesn't mean I'm not a complete nerd who likes watching hockey games and lighting off explosives. I'm me, regardless, and just because I gave myself a pedicure while I was grounded the other day, doesn't mean that I can't (or won't) beat the tar out of people who mess with me. Or, more often, just out-think them.

Fea
Old 08-02-2004, 07:48 PM   #10
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fea gave me greater confidence in my ability to trick people into thinking I'm British...
Old 08-02-2004, 08:04 PM   #11
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Elennar taught me just how easy it is to lie about your identity online.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:18 PM   #12
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Thanks for making this thread Eomer, now the truth can be revealed! ...just kidding. However, my writing has grown tremendously since I've been on the downs (which isn't saying much since I'm not that good of a writer to begin with), which is why if I ever win a Pulitzer Prize (which I won't. This is just fun speculation), the first thing I will thank is the Downs. Now, for the people who helped.

Arvedui III, Arvedui introduced me to the downs. Got me started, and always offered advice. For this, I am very thankful. Although Arvedui is no longer present on the downs (for now), the lessons well always remain.

Finwë, I remember when I was just a little pile of bones, wandering the Barrow-Downs in search of meaning. Back then, I was a newbie if ever there was one. I remember one moment in particular, Finwe went on a posting spree (which I do often now). I read every post, and I agreed. Finwë was my role model. If only I showed it better, instead of posting "I'm with Finwe on that one!" after every single post she made. That got me a talking to from the Wight, but what can I say? I was a Pile of bones. But, Finwe kept smiling and helped. Although also not on the downs, Finwe and I still talk. It's nice to know.

Piosenniel, Pio, from my first post in the Green Dragon (which needed drastic editing ) to where I am now, owning an RPG, Piosenniel never frowned (although it did come pretty close some times). Another thing I'm greatful for from Pio is getting me into the habbit of the standard rules of RPGing, which saves lots of time now. Pio is always a great help whenever I call upon it. Truly a great helper and friend.

Bombadil, Gil-Galad, Pyroclastic (who has left the building...uh...I mean downs), Symestreem, Firefoot, you guys (and or gals) are the people who really make me laugh. There are others, but I can always count on these people to welcome me back to whatever forum I'm posting in (which, as it happens to be, is almost always the Quiz Room and Middle Earth Mirth). Good, decent people who deserve a pat on the back!

I really owe those people a lot. Well, It's nice to get that off my chest. I'll have to do this again with some other people I haven't mentioned. Oh well, til then!

- Perky
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:35 AM   #13
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

A group of people (sorry, having trouble with individual names at the moment) made me appreciate my own humour. Some of my posts in Mirth seem to have gone down well, and it makes me happy to see that there's something I can contribute to here.

Also thanks to the Mirth board: since I've been here, I've felt welcome for the first time in my life.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:21 AM   #14
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
for me it was really Beren that helped me get to know all the other people in the downs and alot of other people i can't quite remember right now, probaly in Perky's list...but it was mainly Beren, oh yeah and Saucy, hes a good friend as well
Old 08-05-2004, 05:26 AM   #15
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
well, well...

Quote:
holds up large banner 'We miss you, HI!*
Well, Evisse, I'm flattered, indeed

As for the topic:

BDers/Downers (whatever suits you best) with Rimbaud and Squatter in the lead, made me spellcheck my postings in particular, and improved my mastery of English in general . I tend to believe that my Master Yodda - like misplacing of word order is less obvious now (as well as there are less spelling blunders) thanks to this two.

Besides, thanks to Rimbaud again, I try to avoid cliches like 'my two cents worth', 'IMHO' etc

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:02 AM   #16
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Elennar taught me just how easy it is to lie about your identity online.
I didn't mean to...I said I'd learned all that out of a book...but you must have forgotten...I just let you keep thinking that, it was too amusing!

Sorry...
Old 08-06-2004, 10:15 AM   #17
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
Sorry...
Oh jeez, no problem. Another thing I learned: sarcasm doesn't always show through online. It was just a bit of a reality check. You may mean well, but someone else may not. See? I could actually tell you right now that my avatar isn't myself, its my 16-year-old loveslave or something REALLY weird like that, and you'd never know. Thankfully, it is actually me. But see what I mean? But the biggest thing I've learned is to respect other people's opinions, whether or not I agree, and to know when a post-deletion is called for (accidentally offending someone, or other such things.)

Fea
Old 08-06-2004, 10:22 AM   #18
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Here's a tip: Show sarcasm or other un-seriousness with a smilie; this one works well-
Old 08-06-2004, 11:31 AM   #19
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Wonderful thread!
I have felt I'm wecome here ever since Sapphire_Flame gave me the most deadly greetings (that being a good thing since we're at 'Downs) after my very first post. And that, of course, has 1) made me spent much more time in Internet than before 2) made me more familiar with computers 3) got me studying English harder. And I might add that I'm rather fast using a dictionary nowadays

Also, Piosenniel was patient enough to answer my PM about roleplaying and encouraged me to post in the Green Dragon. I got my first touch on roleplaying there. I think, though, I abandoned my RP character at the inn... I'm really sorry!

All you guys in "the books" forum have taught me to analyse the books and the characters more.
And all those people in "the Mirth"...well, you have twisted my sense of humour
Thanks!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:21 PM   #20
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Thank you to Airehiriel for changing me. If you hadn't started the "Make Your Own Crazy Scenes With Pics!" thread, I would not have been so involved in this wonderful site. I doubt that I would have remained active at all.
As a result, I can call myself a Barrow-Downer. I am also involved in many other wonderful online projects. The confidence reaped from that one thread alone has propelled me onward.
Thank you.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 04:19 AM   #21
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
And to tell the truth, any time someone gives me a Reputation comment, or replies to one of my posts, etc., even in the smallest ways, it lifts my spirits and gives me confidence. And that does affect the way I am in the 'real world'.
Same here, Diamond. So I hold those people who have given me rep comments in gratitude. You know who you are.

Maeggaladiel was the first BDer I have ever PMed, and that was for the Nearsighted Elves Society. Without her, I'm sure that my PM box is still empty. Oh, and so is my Downs social life. She made me look forward to visiting the Downs every now and then, so that I could see if there are any new members or something.

I'm also thankful for all the "encounters" I had with HerenIstarion, because during those times I've felt that I'm not so alone in the Downs. And he made me realize that I am turning into a stalker little by little.

They would be too many to mention, but all those Downers whom I have discussed things with (especially in the Books) helped me develop critical thinking and analysis. You know, those things they don't teach in school.

For these reasons (and more) I have spent countless moments dreaming that I am in front of the computer and staring at a black-and-green background, looking forward to the next time I can be online--even actually sneaking into the Downs during Computer Science class! Thanks a lot, guys.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 09:51 AM   #22
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

I must thank SamwiseGamgee for introducing me to the Downs. Who knows what my life would be like without it? Probably spending a lot of time lying in the gutter shouting threats at passers-by, whilst holding a large bottle of Scotch and clutching a copy of yesterday's Sun tabloid.

*shudders*
Old 08-07-2004, 07:53 PM   #23
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have a lot to thank Eressie Ailin for, I've realized. If she hadn't PMed me about my Les Miserables siggie and started a great discussion of musicals in general, I wouldn't have been checking out the musicals section of my library's CDs, and wouldn't have found Riverdance, and wouldn't have taken Irish dance classes, and wouldn't even know there is such a thing as an Uilleann pipe, much less want so badly to learn to play one, and probably wouldn't be learning to speak Welsh either.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:16 AM   #24
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Oh, I have forgotten to thank the various Mirthies, extending to those around during the good old Mayhem days. They have given me something to laugh about with my demented brother Nil Felagund every now and then, especially when we feel terribly bored, with Tolkien ignorants around us.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 08:27 AM   #25
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Oh Fea, am flattered, though am also hoping that your family doesn't come after me with sticks (or lawyers).

My conversations with Squatter really helped my writing along. I became a little bit less self-absorbed, and a little more subtle. At least I think so.

Bethberry and Rimbaud introduced me to really good music.

Estelyn gave me indispensible relationship advice and introduced me to the coolest summer drink ever.

I could go on and on...

[edit]Yeah, at a crucial point in life Squatter reminded me that not all men are pigs.

And HerenIstarion helped.[/edit]

Last edited by Lush; 08-13-2004 at 08:32 AM.
Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 09:53 AM   #26
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
The coolest summer drink ever is clearly Pimms. So I hope that fine English beverage is precisely what the Princess suggested. Music is my radar.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:02 AM   #27
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Wrong, Rim - but only the really cool people get that served to them by me! (Want some relationship advice instead? )
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 10:09 AM   #28
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Just so long as the relationship in question is between me and the coolest summer drink ever, your Highness.

On topic, grudgingly: Esty once nearly told me the coolest summer drink ever. Small world.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:12 PM   #29
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
Oh Fea, am flattered, though am also hoping that your family doesn't come after me with sticks (or lawyers).
No worries, Lush, they won't come after you. They think the sudden transformation was boyfriend-induced. I'll admit they're partly right, but... eh... whatever. Why not be feminine once in awhile?

Quote:
Estelyn gave me indispensible relationship advice and introduced me to the coolest summer drink ever.
I don't suppose that might be something that I (a youngster) could drink [legally]? Still looking for the perfect drink this summer, and its almost over...

Fea
Old 08-13-2004, 04:18 PM   #30
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Meh. We didn't have a summer in Scotland. Just as well we have Irn-Bru, the only drink of the summer (or, indeed, any other time of the year).

Or tea, of course. These conversations in the Barrowdowns forum do seem to centre around tea don't they? I only have to come onto the Downs to realise how important and essential tea is to life itself. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2004, 04:35 PM   #31
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
Meh. We didn't have a summer in Scotland.
We usually have summer in NY, but this year it decided to be cold, rainy, and miserable instead. The nice weather will start when I'm back in classes.

Quote:
These conversations in the Barrowdowns forum do seem to centre around tea don't they? I only have to come onto the Downs to realise how important and essential tea is to life itself. Thanks!
The conversations center around tea because tea is crucial to my sanity, and presumably other people's. A friend of my da's has turned me into a tea snob. I'll still drink Lipton... if there's nothing else... but PG Tips is SOOO much better. Lighter, smoother, such a delicate blend... And chai. I got an entire floor of a college dorm addicted to chai latte, starting with my eldest brother.

Fea
Old 08-13-2004, 04:53 PM   #32
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Rimbaud:Always brings out the best in topics he posts in -- making me susceptible to thinking before I type. And that you don't have to have a witty signature to win people's attention.

Elennar:Is so friendly that she always seems to give me a boost of self-confidence

Perky:Taught me you can never spend too much time on the Downs--that and Hobbes lives!And mind-boggling scrambled-words CAN be solved...given time.

Morsul:That you don't have to be evil to have a 'Morsul the Dark' username and that you can be friendly at the same time

Eomer of the Rohirrim:Side-Show-Bob is still better than Krusty--and that I can never keep up with his posting( )

lindil:Your signature forever echoes within the crevices of my brain
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #33
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
... And chai. I got an entire floor of a college dorm addicted to chai latte, starting with my eldest brother.
Oh, chai is good...but I'm mostly a peppermint tea sort of person, that and red clover...despite that it tastes like the smell of rabbits...

Quote:
Elennar:Is so friendly that she always seems to give me a boost of self-confidence
Aw, thanks! I feel so loved...
Old 08-13-2004, 11:14 PM   #34
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
esga for stalking me
Inkling for say i changed him...im nicknaming you Inky is that ok inky?

though I will admit with a stalker that says i make her laugh theres that pressure not to disappoint
Old 08-14-2004, 01:55 PM   #35
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Inkling, I was thinking the same thing about you.

Plus, isn't it clever how rimbaud's signature is so brilliant in itself? I appreciate!
Old 08-14-2004, 02:38 PM   #36
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

More people I've neglected...

Aman and Imladris were the owners of the RPG Last Hope for Moria, my first RPG ever. It was there that I delved into my writing skills and I thank you two for that, as well as mark12_30 for helping me with an interesting plot twist and Perky for being just being interesting.
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:03 PM   #37
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark
Inkling for say i changed him...im nicknaming you Inky is that ok inky?
Alas dear darkling I am a she! Maybe I should change my avatar...And call me what you wish It's a bit difficult to find a nick for you "Morsey", "Darky"?...I'll come up with something.
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 08:02 PM   #38
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Every time someone says something nice about me it brightens my day immensely. There are far too many to list, but ye know who ye are! Thanks!

And of course we must all thank the wonderful Barrow-Wight for making it all possible!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:20 PM   #39
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Woah i feel like i was almost no help or friendlynessthing to anybody!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:44 PM   #40
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Gil-Galad is funny that changed by making me laugh