The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #441
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Also doing political work

Lots of really interesting projects! Making television dummy, demo, pilot or whatever it is called, and attempting to start my own little business. Unfortunately both are really time consuming and demands a lot of research and work to be done. At the same time it is not likely to make me any money worth talking about, for quite some time.

So it would be much more sensible for me, to spend some of the time hunting for a proper job.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #442
tom the eldest
Wight

tom the eldest has just left Hobbiton.
I kinda not understanding the rules.can anyone explain it?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #443
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the eldest View Post
I kinda not understanding the rules.can anyone explain it?
Rules for what?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #444
tom the eldest
Wight

tom the eldest has just left Hobbiton.
I mean,what can you assign to orthanc?anything,or are there some limitations?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #445
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the eldest View Post
I mean,what can you assign to orthanc?anything,or are there some limitations?
This thread, What Do You Assign To Mordor, and What do you "assign" to the Shire have no "rules" as such. Just conform to the thread's intent.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #446
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
White Tree

The tragedy of You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #447
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
The tragedy of You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.
This is the saddest-funniest thing I've seen all [insert time unit]! I was about to rep this, but I encountered the tragedy of You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Aganzir again. Your tragedy sounds much better, though.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #448
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Receiving an early Christmas present from a spouse that is very much a wanted item, but expensive enough feel guilty about.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:20 AM   #449
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Staying up till 2:30 skyping with fellow Downers and reading old threads (if you've received a weird rep point, that's why). Going to work the next morning.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:10 AM   #450
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Surgery. A necessary evil for certain.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #451
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Surgery. A necessary evil for certain.
The other night I've been procrastinating on doing my work by studying various types of bone fractures and their surgeries. Does that make me Saruman?

Also, I assign Werewolf games. So many people online - but everyone is invisible, and ignores all threads except for the game.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #452
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
The other night I've been procrastinating on doing my work by studying various types of bone fractures and their surgeries. Does that make me Saruman?
I guess not. Elrond was 'a master of healing', but then the books don't mention Frodo's surgery aftereffects. Hopefully a good supply of 'weed' was on hand for an anesthetic.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:17 PM   #453
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I guess not. Elrond was 'a master of healing', but then the books don't mention Frodo's surgery aftereffects. Hopefully a good supply of 'weed' was on hand for an anesthetic.
Nah, they just spat in the wound.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:50 PM   #454
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Being done the midterm rush, finally having completed the last one... three weeks before the finals start.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #455
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Grass-cutting with a push mower. Pros: Exercise, thinking time. Cons: Heat, bugs, tired legs.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:41 AM   #456
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Discovering, after driving over a mountain range in a hurry to get to the nearest dentist, that my inflamed gum was not an abscess after all but merely the result of brushing too hard.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:36 AM   #457
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Discovering, after driving over a mountain range in a hurry to get to the nearest dentist, that my inflamed gum was not an abscess after all but merely the result of brushing too hard.
Can relate. I just had an incident with a bitten cheek which swelled and was shooting pain through half my jaw. "It will heal on its own". Yes, so would a broken bone. "You can close your mouth". Well, technically you can step on a broken leg too if you raise the pain threshold high enough. And I *can't* close my mouth completely and unlike you I can feel it, so let me be the judge of that. "You should go to the dentist, normally-shaped jaws don't bite cheeks". Normal legs don't break easily either, so instead of putting on a cast let's go do some tests for osteoporosis.