The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2004, 12:20 PM   #361
al'Thingolfin
Pile O'Bones

al'Thingolfin has just left Hobbiton.
The last months I've been reading the Dune series by Frank Herbert. Great books!
Old 03-13-2004, 01:50 PM   #362
The Mushroom
Animated Skeleton

The Mushroom has just left Hobbiton.
I'll always love the Narnian Chronicles and Lewis' Space Trilogy, but I don't read very much fantasy other than Tolkien.
The Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 01:53 PM   #363
The Mushroom
Animated Skeleton

Ooops... I'm really sorry for double posting here, but I read George MacDonalds fantasy stories too. Argh! How could I forget about George? I've got a quote from one of his stories in my signature!
Old 03-13-2004, 07:28 PM   #364
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dūm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
There are so many other fantasy books out there that are as good as Tolkien's.

Narnia is good for Children and Teenagers... I should know.

The Death Gate Cycle is really well done, and reminds me of Tolkien's very much. I would suggest it to anyone who likes reading magical fantasy.

The Shadow Wars (I think that's what it's called) are also quite well done. They aren't LotR, but still are very good fantasy books.

Acorna is very interesting. It's a Sci-fi fantacy type book, and I'd recomand it to anyone. They are very well done.

At the moment, those are the only other books that I've really been reading that fit into this catagory, though though the Star Wars books are really cool too.

It's cool to see that other people read the same books as me.

-Eowyn Skywalker
Eowyn Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 12:21 PM   #365
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was brought up on fairy stories, myths and legends so I suppose I was always going to like LOTR, but as I read it at a fairly young age, it made a really big impression and I found I couldn't 'get on' with much fantasy afterwards. It's almost as though I can only have one alternate world to get into. But, there's a few fantasy works I do like, although these all seem to be more on the 'children's' side, apart from Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast.

I loved His Dark Materials - I can't stop telling people how good this is. After I finished it I felt very disappointed that there were no more books in the series to read. I've also enjoyed Harry Potter; yes, she does seem to 'steal' things, but the plotlines keep me wanting to read more. I do tend to wind up Potterites a fair bit, but I secretly enjoyed the books!

I'm thinking of trying 'Shadowmancer' - I hope it's good.

From my younger years I liked the Earthsea books, which I must read again soon. No-one here has mentioned Alan Garner. Did anyone read 'Weirdstone of Brisingamen'? That was a fantastic book, recommended for kids of all ages. And Watership Down was great, an especially well read book growing up in the 70s and 80s!

In the realms of sci-fi, I'm a big fan of Kurt Vonnegut - recommended are Slaughterhouse-5, Breakfast of Champions, Slapstick. I also like JG Ballard, and Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World' is a must for everyone! Read it now!

And for something completely different, some other books I do like to harp on about would include 'Possession' by AS Byatt (recommended for fans of Victorian poetry), 'The Wasp Factory' by Iain Banks (disturbing), 'The Secret History' by Donna Tartt. Also, I enjoy Jane Austen, the Brontes, and Thomas Hardy (all available at bargain prices so no reason not to read them!). I also like some travel and political books, and I especially enjoy poetry!I could go on for ever here....

I'm beginning to get on a bit, that's my excuse for having read so much! And yes, I have read Beowulf.
Lalwendė is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:57 PM   #366
Lhundulinwen
Wight

Lhundulinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lhundulinwen Send a message via MSN to Lhundulinwen Send a message via Yahoo to Lhundulinwen
Silmaril

I thought I had posted this already, but I guess I didn't.

I really like the Anita Blake vampire hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton. Its NOT for kids, but older teenagers and adults would like it, if they're ok with slightly gory scenes every now and then, light romance scenes and a lot of action! I like it anyway.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:09 PM   #367
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, besides Tolkien, I have read...

Terry Brooks, all of his "original" works. But I've found repeated readings get very annoying. The endless endless descriptions!

His Dark Materials: I was thinking of Discworld when I picked this up. I hated it. I felt it was blasphemous, and I didn't really understand it.

Discworld-I've only read the first one, but it's great! Can't wait until the other books come in.

Narnia-They were good, but I got less and less impressed as I went along.

ALL of the Redwall books...boy do they get monotonous. And those stupid hares!!

My Dad's very big on sci-fi, so I've read some Heinlein.

George MacDonald, The Princess and the Goblin, and The Princess and Curdie, and also a book of short tales. Very nice.

Ursula LeGuin, read "Wizard of Earthsea" and own the third volume but am waiting for the second to come along.

There's other stuff too...I just can't remember...

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 03:41 PM   #368
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Lhundulinwen, the Anita Blake books are a tad bit more than "light romance." They talk about things in there that even most adults would find scary.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 04:44 PM   #369
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield Fantasy is Your Friend!

Eek! Just as I was getting used to the old layout!
I've grown up with fantasy as a part of me. When asked (in 2nd grade) if trees could talk, without hesitation I said "yes," even before I read about the ents in LOTR. Needless to say, I would probably give you the exact same answer!

Anyways, here are some of my fantasy faves:

1) The Chronicles of Narnia: I read these when I was younger, and I liked them a lot. I havn't read them recently though...hmmm...*scribbles something on already large "To Do" list*

2) His Dark Materials: Yes, it seemed a bit blasphemous to me to (or at least to my religion). It was very good writing/plot. However, to my consternation, i recently picked up these books and found them mindnumbingly boring. I don't know what happened, but I didn't get past the middle of chapter two.

3) The Magic Circle and The Circle Opens Series: I found these books wonderful and facinating! I have yet to read Pierce's other books, but I can't wait to do so! A very highly recommended read!

4) The Edge Chronicles: Home to my most favorite book character ever: Twig! (I know, not LOTR, but he's so cool!) THese books are amazing! Plus, they have illustrations here and there, spattered across the pages, making it an easy and enjoyable read.

5) The Enchanted Forest Chronicles: For younger readers, but I take every chance to read them to my sisters. A twist on your average fairy tale!

And lastly,

6) Faerie Wars: Very enchanting book. Newly published (I think). Wonderful!

Well, I think that's quite enough for the moment! Bye Bye!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:55 AM   #370
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Currently I'm stuck on Terry Pratchett. I'm swallowing his books every night, can not lay those down until my eyes water, to be honest (that's why poor me is always so sleepy in the office every morning)

But they definitely have good read on them , Highly recommended

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:31 PM   #371
Lhundulinwen
Wight

Lhundulinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lhundulinwen Send a message via MSN to Lhundulinwen Send a message via Yahoo to Lhundulinwen
Silmaril

You are right Finwe! I was only on the 2 or third book when I wrote the post. Later on in the series, it gets really gory and rather dirty. But I still like them. I'm on "Bloody Bones" right now, and it is one of the stranger books. It has some really gross scenes, but there is a really great scene where some of the characters are explained a little better. Definitely an R rated series, I think. Great dialogue, and the characters are really believable. Wouldn't read if scare easily!!!

Last edited by Lhundulinwen; 03-25-2004 at 05:58 PM.
Lhundulinwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:39 PM   #372
The Mushroom
Animated Skeleton

Oddwen- Ah, nice to see another person who actually knows who George MacDonald is. No one I talk to seems to have heard of him. And I know what you mean about the Redwall series! Brian Jaques needs some new material. How many times can he write the same plot over and over? The first few were pretty good though. Heh, hares... (I think I'll sing about food now, wot wot!)

Last edited by The Mushroom; 04-03-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:14 PM   #373
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I am currently reading The Mists of Avalon, and I recently finished The Once and Future King.
I am very much enjoying Avalon. This is the first book I've read in a while that I hold up high with LOTR. The way that it is written just allows the imagery to flow, unforced, into my mind. I've finished part 1 of the book, and I'm on my way through the rest of the story. I just love the perspective that the book gives... not your typical view of Arthurian Legend.
King, on the other hand, I really disliked. Well, I liked the first part, but after that I think it went down hill. My complaint about this book is that I don't like the style in which it was written, and I don't like how most of the characters were written. Too many of them seem like spoiled brats in this book, and they are very two dimensional. I don't mean to be rude to those who like this book, this is just my opinion.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 06:53 AM   #374
starkat
Wight

starkat has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Great books!
starkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:17 AM   #375
TheBladeThatWasBroken
Animated Skeleton

TheBladeThatWasBroken has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheBladeThatWasBroken
Sting

Hmm hmm... let's see...
  • The Chronicles of Narnia-Wonderful, wonderful books... all except The Last Battle, that one really bored me. My favorite ones in the series are The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and The Silver Chair.
  • Harry Potter-Read this before Tolkien, though after I first read TLotR, it was replaced. I used to read it, but...The Order of the Phoenix was just so, so bad that I hated it! (Plus she killed Sirius)
  • David Eddings-Read his books a few years ago after my friend's mom recommended it to me, and I really liked it, especially "The Elenium" series.
  • Terry Brooks-Though I've only read The Sword of Shannara, and thought it was pretty good, but I'm too lazy to read the others =p

Anyone have any good must-reads? I need some more fantasy to read... all I've been reading lately are manga and Sherlock Holmes =_=
Here I set it, but I command you not to touch it, nor to permit any other to lay hand on it. In this elvish sheath dwells the Blade that was Broken and has been made again. Telchar first wrought it in the deeps of time. Death shall come to any man that draws Elendil's sword save Elendil's heir.
TheBladeThatWasBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:34 AM   #376
Gil Galad
Haunting Spirit

Gil Galad has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gil Galad Send a message via Yahoo to Gil Galad
I read haldir potter...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Haldir_Potter.jpg (55.2 KB, 1533 views)

Certainty of death, small chance of success... what are we waiting for?- Gimli ROTK
Gil Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 12:27 PM   #377
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
I've read The Chronicles of Narnia, the Xanth series by Piers Anthony, and a few books a series about dragons, but I can't remember their titles. One was Heart's Blood, I know that much. I forget the author too, but they were rather good.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:51 PM   #378
Silmarwen_Ancalime

Silmaril

Well, I've read a few. Here they are:

Weis and Hickman's Dragonlance: Chronicles, Legends, The War of the Souls, and just starting the Raistlin Chronicles

and

Mists of Avalon

Not a bunch. But I hope these count.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:08 PM   #379
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Quote:
4) The Edge Chronicles: Home to my most favorite book character ever: Twig! (I know, not LOTR, but he's so cool!) THese books are amazing! Plus, they have illustrations here and there, spattered across the pages, making it an easy and enjoyable read.
Sirithheruwen, I could not agree more! They are brilliant, although I think actually all the 'heroes' of the seperate books begin to resemble Twig - for example, Rook Barkwater in 'The Last of the Sky Pirates' and 'Vox'. Twig is brilliant though - I also like Maris in 'The Last of the Sky Pirates' and 'Vox'.

HerenIstarion - have you tried The Monstrous Regiment? It has to be one of the best books even from Terry Pratchett - plus it includes the excellent Vimes, another book character who I can't get enough of. Night Watch is another of the best Discworld books, as is Mort.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:26 PM   #380
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dūm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Re:

I loved the Chronicles of Narnia and I am just getting into the Heritage of Shanara series by Terry Brooks. I also read a really good one called "something rich and strange"
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:55 PM   #381
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Let's see! There are so many fantasy books I enjoy. some of my favorites are
  • The Chronicles of Narnia
  • The Space Trilogy (also by C. S. Lewis)
  • Books by Mckillip (I don't know the authors first name but they are very good)
  • The Star Wars series (my brother got me started on those)
  • Books by Levine (Ella Enchanted is great! You should hear the book on tape)
  • Books by Geaorge Mcdonald (Lilith, The Princess and the Goblin, ect...
  • Roses Daughter by Mckinley (she is an awesome writer to!)
  • ect...
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Lady Alasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 03:38 AM   #382
Vanya
Animated Skeleton

Vanya has just left Hobbiton.
I read Hobbit and Lotr 15 or soyears ago, but Silmarillion only seven years ago. The unfinnished tales were translated this year, so I only finished reading of it, and now I'm confused about some characters and events, since there are several very different versions of them ( like Galadriel's story)

After Lotr, I read lots of SF, and for fantasy books, I can recommend several series:
- The cronicles of Amber - R.Zelazny (great fantasy books, there are 10, but I read only 5)
- The annuals of Thomas Covennant - Donnaldson ( different, but good. 6vol)
- The Book of the new Sun - G. Wolfe ( 5vol, great, but dark. Feels a bit like you are in a nightmare, and can't wake up!)
- Earthsea - U.LeGuin (original)
- Discworld, but you all know it well
I don't remember all the original titles, sorry

Now I'm in dilema whether to start Tolkien's HoME (I don't have heart to start 1-10, so you can recommend the realy importat ones. if you want), or to start Jordan's "Wheel of time" serial, which is also demanding, since they only translated the first two vol., and when I think about reading it in english...
In Serbia, in this moment, Martines's serial "The songs of Ice and Fire" are very popular, but I havent read those yet. People mostly read the firs two vol. since the other two aren't published yet here (but will be very soon)and say it's very interesting, fast, in different style completely (not so epic, more realistic). I'll read it soon, for sure.
Vanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:30 AM   #383
Gothmog
Shade of Carn Dūm

Gothmog has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Gothmog
The first books in the fantasy-genre that I read when I was younger was the Chronicles of Narnia, so of course Aslan has a special place in my heart

Since my eyes were opened for the world of fantasy I've read a lot of different series, but my favourite (after Tolkien of course) author is David Eddings. He's really good at making the reader feel as if one knew the main characters. After finishing 10 books with them, you feel as if you've lost a friend. Besides, sometimes the books are very funny (at least for the ones who know the main characters).

I also like the books of Harry Potter. I know it's a bit childish but I don't care, they're good

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom
~Lurker...
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:13 PM   #384
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I read several of the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony but I thought they got so boring becaus the story was always so close that of the other books that i read that I gave up on him. Eventually his "jokes" got on my nerves.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #385
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

The Chronicles of Narnia~ Of course most people have already mentioned it, but it deserves repeating, great books!
The Fifth Sorceress~ I'll admit this isn't the greatest fantasy book ever written. If my friend hadn't bought it for me I probably never would have read it. While it starts out slow it gets better and better as it goes on. I recommend reading it if you're really into wizards and prophecies and stuff like that.
The Alanna Series~ Great "girl power" books if that's a good term for it. All about a girl who wants to be a knight and disguises herself as a boy so she can make her dream come true. All four books are great, but I think the first one is the best. I say read them espicially if Eowyn is your favorite character.
Any Star Wars book~ I love Star Wars as much as I love LOTR and I'd read anything related to Star Wars in a minute.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:26 PM   #386
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dūm

Ah, yes, Star Wars. New Jedi Order. Very good books.

And, I don't think that this was mentioned, but Passages are very good. I think that's what they're called.

I'll vouch for Narnia any time!

-Eowyn Skywalker
Old 05-08-2004, 11:05 AM   #387
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Sirithheruwen, I could not agree more! They are brilliant, although I think actually all the 'heroes' of the seperate books begin to resemble Twig - for example, Rook Barkwater in 'The Last of the Sky Pirates' and 'Vox'. Twig is brilliant though - I also like Maris in 'The Last of the Sky Pirates' and 'Vox'.
Yes, Rook did seem to resemble Twig quite a lot, and unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my hands on "Vox" yet. Grr. I hate living in the U.S.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:30 PM   #388
LuthienNenharma

Tolkien Fantasy Books

I have read Chronicles o/ Narnia, First two wrinkle in time books, harry potter, a book by Andre Norton and Mercedes Lackey called "Elvenbane", and teh Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey, also some SW books.

[Moderator's note: Images included on this forum must be related to the topic of the post to which they are attached. Image removed.]

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 05-09-2004 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:32 PM   #389
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dūm

Oh, Dragon Riders of Pern... forgot about those. I just finished The White Dragon. Also, read the Acorna books... very good. I started on the Eye of the World... and boy, that book is LONG. But good. That's Robert Jordan, if you were wondering.

Interesting pic. But I'd suggest putting it n the 'What happens when I am bored' thread. That's what to do with those things, as our little group of LotR picture makers see fit to share them. That's Middle-earth Mirth, if you please. I don't feel that this is the place to post pictures.

Star Wars is good. Not fantasy, but good. Read it!

-Eowyn Skywalker
Old 05-08-2004, 04:28 PM   #390
Quicksilver_Sprite
Animated Skeleton

Quicksilver_Sprite has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

The Dragon-Riders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey, His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman, Sabriel etc. by Garth Nix, Neverwhere and Stardust by Neil Gaiman, Ombria in Shadow by Patricia A. McKillip, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, The Baroque Cycle by Neal Stephenson and Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling are my favorite fantasy/fiction books.

I also used to read the Wheel of Time series, but didn't get farther than the fourth book because the slow pace of the plot was irking me.

Dream a dream / And see through angel's eyes / A place where we can fly away
Ride with me upon a shining star, / Above the moonlit sky / We will find Elysium
Quicksilver_Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:57 PM   #391
Mahal
Haunting Spirit

Mahal has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mahal
I've gotten a few new ones. These are about the World of Darkess an Rpg game, set in modern times(does that count?). Their written, by Greg Stolze, its a trilogy. Ashes of Angel Wings, The Wreckage of Paradise, and the Seven deadlies. The first few chapters are good so. The books about Exalted are also good books to read, I recommend them.

Last edited by Mahal; 05-13-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Mahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:04 PM   #392
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Douglas Adams is awesome! Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a must read and when you're done with that check out his Dirk Gently series
Old 05-13-2004, 07:07 PM   #393
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I just started The Eye of the World as well. That is long, but it is really good so far. I also like the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. I started the Chronicles of Narnia, but I don't like them very much.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 07:25 PM   #394
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dūm

I'm working on the Eye of the World, and have determaned that it must be about as long as the entire Lord of the Rings... each book, that is. But it's really good so far.

Also, the book, Borderlands, is really good. Check it out.

-Eowyn Skywalker
Old 06-01-2004, 04:40 PM   #395
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

All of these books sound so interesting... I need to get to the bookstore or library and read some of them!

Some of the books I have read are:

~ "The Lost Years of Merlin" series- the stories of Merlin as a teenager (quite humorous, but wonderful just the same), with interesting foreshadowing of his older years.

~ The Enchanted Forest books, including the "Book of Enchantments", consisting of other, smaller stories from the same fantasy land

~ "A Wrinkle in Time"

~ many "Star Wars" books- as Eowyn Skywalker stated, are very good

~ and some of "Harry Potter"
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:31 PM   #396
Angadraug
Animated Skeleton

Angadraug has just left Hobbiton.
Well I've read almost every book by Raymond E. Feist. I have enjoyed every book I've ever read by him. Also I've read all the Harry Potters and enjoyed them all, they keep getting better. His Dark Materials is a good series, that I've just recently read. Artemis Fowl and the Chronicles of Narnia are also very good. I also like the book Eragon, but the other two books haven't been written yet so I dont' know how good the series is going to be.
Angadraug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:55 AM   #397
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

I LOVE Raymond E. Feist. I read Magician several times and I read all of the books that take place in Midkemia.

Also after seeing Harry Potter I decided to read the third book again. I think the third book is my favourite though it can change.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:51 AM   #398
Lady Kealin

White Tree Lady Kealin

Greetings and Salutations.
I suggest you try David Eddings "Belgariad" series, Mercedes Lackeys "Heralds of Valdemar" series, Jennifer Robersons "Chronicles of the Cheysuli" series. . ..........Lady Kealin
Old 07-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #399
Vanwatholiel

Location: In a dark corner of my mind. Don't look at me like that! I never liked you anyway. Stop staring!
Vanwatholiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Vanwatholiel
Silmaril

i love The Golden Compass trilogy by Philip Pullman and The Sabriel Trilogy by Garth Nix. um... im also a big fan of the adult Left Behind books by Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye. Those books are totally awesome. weeee!!! three cheers for fantasy novels!!!!!! hip hip hooray!!!!! im so silly. im sorry. forgive me.
Vanwatholiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:01 AM   #400
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
I recommend wandering aimlessly through the library and reading whatever catches your eye. I've found some great books that way.

Also, The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea is excellent.