The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #1
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
I can name a few women who were good rulers or otherwise instrumental for their fight against evil.
  • Melian, the first woman-behind-the-throne. It was her power that protected her kingdom. It was her council that her husband listened to. Up until he didn't, which was when all the trouble actually started.
  • Idril, whose premonitions were a key to the survival of the majority of her people. She and her husband constructed an escape tunnel right under the noses of both her father and the 'enemy within', so to speak, for months on end, without either of them finding out.
  • Haleth is the epitome of this. She traveled through the lands where few dared to tread, and fought evil creatures of all kinds, from spiders to Orcs. She was also on semi-friendly terms with the son of the greatest Elf that ever lived, who granted her permission to dwell in the lands under his jurisdiction
  • Eowyn qualifies too, I believe. She is of royal blood, and married a man of high political standing at that. She killed Sauron's chief lieutenant.

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.

Last edited by Urwen; 05-22-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:57 AM   #2
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
??? No, it would have been good, as evidenced by the fact that I was talking about how I disliked the three Ruling Queens of Numenor because they apparently prevented any Third Age Ruling Queens.

You could've started a thread on female rulers without implying I'm against it.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:59 AM   #3
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry.

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote