The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2003, 02:16 AM   #41
Alexandria Lumiere

Sting

My name is Lady Halladiliel.I'm new here,just registered a few minutes ago,actually.I heard of this site from my friend.At first,I thought nothing can beat Harry Potter but I was wrong.For me they're equals.The truth is,I've read the Two Towers and Return of the King.As for the Fellowship,I just watched it on the cinemas.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:39 AM   #42
Jamiel Hartington

Sting

Hey Lady Halladiliel,
The picture you sent me are so beautiful.When can we see each other personally?
Old 12-12-2003, 01:33 PM   #43
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Alexandria Lumiere, Lady Halladiliel, welcome to the Barrow Downs. I am also pleased to say that I like HP too. YOu realy aught to read The Fellowship of the Ring. It is a bit difernt from the movie. And on and on I could go. But welcome. Enjoy the deadness of the Downs.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:52 PM   #44
dubleu
Pile O'Bones

dubleu has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

ey casadillio I love eating anyone else like to eat? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 05:43 PM   #45
Eol Telemnar
Haunting Spirit

Location: At my house, on my computer (where else would I be?
Eol Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hey, I think i'm a little late about posting on this topic. I'm Eol Telemnar, The Dark Elf. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2003, 05:39 PM   #46
Podo Sandybanks of Frogmorton

Shield

My name is Podo Sandybanks, a hobbit from frogmorton. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] I just joined

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:34 AM December 15, 2003: Message edited by: Podo Sandybanks of Frogmorton ]
Old 12-15-2003, 09:25 AM   #47
candlelight

Sting

evelyn but you can call me evie...or eve...or candlelight...
Old 12-16-2003, 02:43 PM   #48
Jess
Pile O'Bones

Jess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hi I'm Jess as you can see by my name, ya I'm new, I just joined yesterday. I'm thirteen and in eight grade. I started to read the books right when school started and ended a couple of weeks ago (ya I'm knida a slow reader and I never have time). I started to read the books after I saw the movies because I thought they were really good and I thought the books would probably be better. I do have a couple questions so if anyone knows where I can ask them please tell me. Thanks!
~*Jessica*~ [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:50 PM   #49
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Hey Jess,
About your questions, depends on what kind of questions they are. If you're confused about Tolkien's writings, check out the books forum, if it's on the movies...check out the movies forum. If you're questions are very specific, you could try the search option, or I'd be happy to answer any I could, and if not me, I'd probably know where abouts to find the thread that concerns them.

-Stay Puft.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 05:25 PM   #50
Jess
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

Hi Ainaserkewen,
Um a lot of my questions are on the creation of Middle-Earth, the Valar, Valinor, and the history of Middle-Earth and the inhabitant. I don't want to sound like a loser asking though, you know becuae I feel kinda weird not knowing a lot about this stuff and seeing people talk in depth about stuff I have no clue on.Thanks for replying!
Old 12-16-2003, 05:44 PM   #51
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Greetings, Jess! Don't worry, you don't sound like a loser. Everyone's a beginer at some point. Either check out the Books forum (Dang, they get into some insightful disscussions there! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ) or feel free to PM any of us other people here. Happy deathday to all the other newlings! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 05:52 PM   #52
Jess
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Thanks Rilwen Gamgee.Do you or anyone know if there arw any websites that would give me that info? If you do know that then thanks!
Old 12-17-2003, 04:03 AM   #53
Thorongil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Thorongil
Sting

Another newcomer coming your way! I became a fan when I heard of the first movie. My christmas wish was the book, and that did it. I have searched the libraries for all the books I could find, because this was really interesting. It seems that I can gain some knowledge here by reading posts too. A great web page! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2003, 06:57 PM   #54
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Happy deathday! I hope you'll have fun here, and that you'll learn a lot. The Books forum can be rather educating, but if you feel you're in over your head there, you can drop by the Mirth forum and have a good laugh. Let me warn you though, some of the jokes can be rather... how do I put this... hormonal. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:09 AM   #55
Thorongil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I think I'll be okay. I dont have that much knowledge of lotr, but I am eager to learn, and I find out new stuff all the time.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:27 PM   #56
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hi you all newly deads, I am willing to answer any questions I can, but be forwarned I am a space case!!!!! Welcome welcome....

Jess if you ar intersested in the dreation of Middle Earth go to thelibaraie and read the silmirilion.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:21 AM   #57
Thorongil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I have just read it. It was a great book. And I might have a question from time to time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2003, 02:39 PM   #58
Melkor89
Pile O'Bones

Melkor89 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey...I'm a lonely freshman guy with a huge love for LOTR. It began when I was 7years old and my Dad read me the books. Now...aside from collecting LOTR stuff...i spend my time playing violin...trying to learn bass guitar...acting...fencing i did for a while...and basically doing anything to protect myself from the boredom of life. Well peace out y'all. And ladies........don't fight over me too much. J/K. See y'all 'round.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:49 PM   #59
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Freshman in High School or freshman in College? (No, I'm not going to stalk you. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

If anyone has any questions, Tolkien-related or not, feel free to PM me, and I'll answer them.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:37 PM   #60
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hi welcome. I think that this is only gonna be a weekly greeting to all the newly deads.

Melkor89 Have fun here. Don't be afraid of the Mods and Pm any one if you feel the need. Freshmen in what? Also, fencing sounds fun.

Thorongil , welcome. Congrats on reading the books. That is a great feat, not kidding. It took me a while, but I tend to read other books at the same time too so that may be it.

Enjoy the deadness here.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:18 PM   #61
Arcuwen
Pile O'Bones

Arcuwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arcuwen
Sting

'Ello all! I'm Arcuwen (Royal Bow Maiden in Elvish), an avid reader and writer who is, of course, obsessed with Lord of the Rings and the other works of J.R.R. Tolkien. A friend told me about the Barrow Downs and I've really enjoyed the forum so far (thanks Thule!). Finally, a place where you can talk about the actual stories rather than how "hot" so-and-so is. My interests include reading, skiing, tennis, spending time with friends and family, playing with my bird and dog, walking in the woods, and writing my own fantasy stories. I have a site dedicated to my writings, which is my homepage. Feel free to visit, but I must warn you, it is under major construction and some parts of it are off limits to the public. I'm currently starting the Silmarillion. What a book!
Arcuwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 03:15 PM   #62
Wilwarin Bluemoon

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Hey everybody my real name is VANESSA wich means BUTTERFLY wich is WILWARIN in elf quenya, so thats how I got that name and i just thought Bluemoon sounded cool. You can call me wilwarin or wilwa wich ever you like.I love LOTR!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2003, 03:23 PM   #63
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Welcome Wilwarin, and i hope you have a great time at the downs.

P.S I love LotR to [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].
Old 12-23-2003, 11:54 PM   #64
Enedbelethiel
Animated Skeleton

Enedbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hello! I'm Enedbelethiel, and I'm a college student on the east coast. I'm very much new to the Lord of the Rings, though a friend introduced me to The Hobbit in junior high. I have since fallen in love with the trilogy and the movies, and I love anything to do with them. My newfound appreciation was even noticed by my mother, who bought me Nenya last year as a gift. I always wear it, and it's a little piece of the LOTR that I can carry around with me always! I'm very glad to be part of the Barrow-Downs community, and though I've just become a member at the conclusion of the movie trilogy, I am still quite content to talk about it and discuss the past movies and books as well. We still have the ROTK EE to look forward to, so I'm glad of that! Thanks for welcoming me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2003, 12:43 AM   #65
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Welcome, Enedbelethiel! Enjoy being a fresh corpse and participating in ghoulish discussions...

Ah! Alas for the lack of money to buy LotR things.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:37 AM   #66
aleesa
Animated Skeleton

aleesa has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to aleesa Send a message via AIM to aleesa
Hi..I'm Aleesa. I've just registered. I've been a fan of the books since I was a teen. Seen all the 3 movies and I think the latest LOTR:ROTK was sooooo cool. Looking forward to making new friends and enriching my knowledge of Middle-Earth.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:24 AM   #67
Sirithrodwen

Sting

Hi everybody, I'm Lindsay. I just joined yesterday.

Quote:
Don't talk to me about colleges because I WILL slap you... or something!
You're not the only one. I'm a senior in high school, and I get "the question" just about everyday. I have no idea what I'm going to do after high school, is that so bad? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2003, 12:32 PM   #68
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ghostly welcomes to Arcuwen, Wilwarin, Enedbelethiel, Aleesa, and Sirithrodwen!

Quote:
Finally, a place where you can talk about the actual stories rather than how "hot" so-and-so is.
Well said! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] (I don't mean to burst anyone'ss bubble, by the way, if you DO happen to think someone's hot. My appologies if I have.)

Quote:
Ah! Alas for the lack of money to buy LotR things.
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'm in the same situation. I only have... 8 dollars!
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 02:38 PM   #69
Sirithrodwen

Sting

Quote:
My newfound appreciation was even noticed by my mother, who bought me Nenya last year as a gift. I always wear it, and it's a little piece of the LOTR that I can carry around with me always!
My dad got me Nenya this year has his Christmas present to me. I showed it to him, and he said, "If that's what you want." It's such a beautiful ring, I know I'll always wear it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2003, 02:28 PM   #70
Aragalen

Shield

Hello! It is very nice to be here. I've been a Tolkien fan for about thirty years. I've read the books so many times it isn't funny- yet I still find new things every time. I really enjoy debating nit-picky trivial points of the stories. I have also seen all the movies- Rankin-Bass, Bakshi, Jackson. Except I still haven't caught the Return of the King. Soon, I hope! Well, thank you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2003, 03:07 PM   #71
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Welcome to all newcomers! Aragalen, with that many years of enjoying Tolkien's books, you definitely qualify for "membership" in the Tolkien Coming of Age Club. Unfortunately, there's not an actual place we can meet, but those of us who have been reading Tolkien at least 18 years meet on that thread to share and compare experiences. Come on over - there are enough rocking chairs for all! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 06:30 AM   #72
Gayahuaniel

Sting

Hey all of you, I'm new around here. My name is Gayahuaniel. Don't know really waht to tell about myself. I'm addicted to Lord of the Rings and everything related to LotR and Tolkien. I write my own stories, fantasy stories.

What you want to know, ask!
Old 12-28-2003, 07:42 AM   #73
Arnostae

Ring

*waves shyly* Hi everyone. I'm Alison, and I've been a bit of a lurker on here for a while now. Not really a regular lurker, but a lurker nonetheless. And after going to see RotK for the second time last night and having no one to talk about it with, I ended up actually registering on here, just so I could put in my opinion that Sam's "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" line is the best in the film.

I'm Scottish, in my last year of High School before going on to Uni, and ever so slightly crazy. But I'm sure you'll discover that for yourselves fairly soon. You have been warned. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2003, 09:05 AM   #74
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Arnostae, the majority of the people here on the Downs are completely crazy, so you won't feel out of place!
Old 12-28-2003, 03:40 PM   #75
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Silmaril

Hail the conquering hero!

Well, I am not exactly sure why I am intorducing myself here, for I am actually not new to this site, but I have not been able to come here for nearly a year, so I thought that I'd come and say hi to everyone.- HI!

Well, I really must be going, but I would just like to say, "Welcome!" to the new folks in this country, and may you enjoy being one of us dead folks. Trust me, dead people parties are much better than live people parties. :-) Namarie.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:25 PM   #76
symestreem
Face in the Water

symestreem has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Man tindome! (Good twilight... I don't know the elvish for "evening"). I don't exactly qualify as a "Newbie". Maybe an "agianie"- I joined about a year and a half ago but had to desist for a while. Then my name became invalid. So know that I have told you my sob story [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Oh, i believe my name before was Willowsilver.
My name wasn't supposed to come out as symestreem... it was supposed to be Tasarewen (Willow Maiden) but I like symestreem anyway. Yes, that is spelled with two "e"s.
Looking forward to having academic and totally nerdy discussions about Middle-earth and the finer points of elven etiquette. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Greetings and welcome to everyone here. We shall enjoy being unliving, shall we not?
Old 12-29-2003, 05:24 AM   #77
Bill
Pile O'Bones

Bill has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Hey, I'm William from the Earth > S E Asia > Singapore!!
The Barrow Downers here
are really friendly and cool!
Barrow Downs Rocks!! *hehe!~*
rising to a great height, where its reeking head was swathed in cloud."

- Book six, The Land of Shadow -
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:00 AM   #78
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Welcome all you newly deads. Enjoy being dead on the Barrow Downs.

Annalaliath
Old 12-29-2003, 01:33 PM   #79
FabdaEclectic

Pipe

Hi everyone. I'm Fab da Eclectic. I write screenplays, novels and produce music. This seems to be a great place to hang out. Looking forward to a long membership at Barrow Downs.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:34 PM   #80
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Looks like we've got some really cool new members! Greetings to all newly dead, and enjoy thy deceasedness! I look forward to discussing all things Tolkien with you all!

My new year's resolution: Read UT and HoME, and post more often in Books.