The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2004, 02:47 PM   #321
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Pipe

Hey Im wilwarin538,
I`m obviously completely obsessed with LOTR(books and movies). I saw the movies then read the books, LOTR then the Hobbit and Ill be reading the sil soon. The movies were great but I enjoyed the books better, mostly cause the movies cut out alot of good stuff, like Tom Bombadil for instance. So anyway, Im happy to be able to discuss my opinions with you guys.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 01-15-2010 at 10:15 AM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:20 PM   #322
Ophelia
Wight

Ophelia has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up Enjoy being dead ! It does only good to you !

Welcome to the Downs Wilwarin ! Enjoy your stay !

Ophelia
Old 06-18-2004, 08:39 PM   #323
Carnimírië
Wight

Carnimírië has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Welcome, wilwarin538! Enjoy your stay, and enjoy being dead. I know I sure have.

Sister of The Elf Warrior
Carnimírië is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 10:26 AM   #324
AngalotWen

Alrighty then..

My name is Angalot Wen, and here's the story of how I ended up here:

I read and fell in love with the LotR in the year of 2001. I was completely obsessed with it, and at that point I didn't even know that they were making movies! So when I found out, I went mad and died out of happiness. Since then I've been hanging around here, but I've never taken the time to register until now.

Now i'm learning how to speak and write the noble tounge of quenya. (There's a very useful course at Ardalambion)

Ohh! BTW: Guess where i'm from! (Hint: Look at the location-thingy to the left)
Old 06-19-2004, 10:33 AM   #325
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Angalot Wen, Wilwarin, and other recent arrivals,

Please feel free to come to the Shire and introduce yourself in character in the Green Dragon Inn! Once you've done that, we'll be glad to let you know about new RPGs.

Again, welcome to the Downs!

~Child/Cami Goodchild (Shire Moderator)
Old 06-19-2004, 01:32 PM   #326
Alda
Pile O'Bones

Alda has just left Hobbiton.
Hello Everyone!

I have been meaning to join the forum for some time now. Better late than never I suppose. Some of you may know me from the Barrowdowns chat room, I spend way too much time there! lol! Perhaps this forum will provide me a more productive outlet for my spare time.

I have loved the world of J.R.R. Tolkien since before I could read. My father introduced me to the Hobbit as a bedtime story. The imagery and wonder the stories imparted are with me today. And in my minds eye Middle-Earth is still viewed with the color and clarity of a child's imagination.

I joined in hopes of finding like-hearted folks, who share Tolkien's love of beauty, and nature, and living things. I have a feeling I won't be disapointed.
Alda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 02:45 PM   #327
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Welcome, Alda!

Looking forward to seeing you about the forum!

~*~ Pio
Old 06-20-2004, 12:34 PM   #328
nawherra

White Tree

Hello everybody
I'm Nawherra, I'm french and sorry but I don't speak english very well...
I'm 17 yaers old ans studie in letter's section...
I love LOTR ans all art of Tolkien
If you want to know things about me, I wait your question

Thnaks to read me
Old 06-21-2004, 01:54 PM   #329
Lűthien Nénharma
Pile O'Bones

Lűthien Nénharma has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lűthien Nénharma Send a message via MSN to Lűthien Nénharma
Silmaril Im new

Um yeah Im 3 minutes new, this is my first post.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:59 PM   #330
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Welcome, nawherra, Lűthien and all other newcomers! Hope you enjoy yourself here - if you have any questions that aren't answered on the Barrow-Downs FAQ thread, you're welcome to send one of the moderators a Private Message. We'll do our best to help!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:25 AM   #331
Lady Kealin

White Tree Lady Kealin

Greetings and Salutations,
I am Lady kealin a very old newcomer. I am soon to be 51 years old and have been a fan of Tolkien since my early teens. I am married to a scotsman, kilt wearing , bagpipe playing, head of Clan Gordon for Indiana and Kentucky. He reminds one most of a cross between Gimli and one of the Urukhai. Gads what a
picture. I am the eldest girl of seven children. Being sixteen years older than the younger siblings, I used the Hobbit and LOTR as bedtime stories. That begat the rest of the family as Tolkien addicts. Well that should be enough to be going on. I rather jumped in here without even a pocket handkerchief. Elen silva lummen omentilmo. Lady Kealin
Old 06-24-2004, 10:48 AM   #332
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Welcome, Lady Kealin! You'll find that quite a few forum members have been fans of Tolkien's books for many years! To get to know some of them, check out the Tolkien Coming of Age Club thread, where you'll not only find a comfortable rocking chair to sit down in, but also lots of entertaining stories to read. (The first post there links to the predecessor thread, where everything started.) Hope you enjoy yourself here!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:14 PM   #333
Erkenbrand

Hello everyone,

My name is Dylan, and I'm a Tolkien fanatic as well as an internet junkie. I spend most of my time online obsessing about the work of Tolkien. I'm a moderator on LOTRUK.com and I have recently taken the decision to build my own forum to show my admiration for Tolkien and my love for his work.

Offline, I'm a student at a 6th form college in the North-East of England, UK.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:20 PM   #334
Lígligŕst

Shield Hello!

I am new here, and I joined because I am a fellow LOTR lover. I found this site through another LOTR forum- LOTRfanaticsplaza. WEll, I from the States, and have loved LOTR since about 5th grade, but I have renewed my interests recently with the advent of the movies. some other random stuff- I am a hobbit fancier... (secret diaries rock!!) (and a Faramir/Eomer/Haldir/... fancier) Rohan rocks!!!
Old 07-04-2004, 07:32 PM   #335
Fallinel
Pile O'Bones

Fallinel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Fallinel
White Tree

Hello, I'm Fallinel, a Shoreland Piper. I am not new to Tolkien's works; I've read and re-read The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion , and Unfinished Tales . I've read a few volumes of HoME, and I love the Lays of Beleriand . I hope I can add something to a few of the discussions here.

This site has an excellent reputation for RPGs, and I hope I can work my way up from the Shire, to participate in some of the more advanced RP threads here. I am not new to storytelling or Tolkien-themed RP writing either, and I have played a variety of roles and invented many different characters with colorful, heroic, or tragic pasts. There are many more waiting in the wings of my imagination, and I think a few of them can find homes here.
Fallinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 09:11 PM   #336
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dűm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Welcome, everyone! Enjoy the Downs!
Old 07-05-2004, 12:42 PM   #337
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Welcome Fallinel

Welcome to the realm of the un-dead Fallinel. I saw your post in the Green Dragon. I liked it! Look forward to seeing more RPG posts from you. Don't forget to practically end up 'living' in Middle Earth Mirth! It rules.

| Tari
Old 07-05-2004, 08:50 PM   #338
Curufinwe

Hi I'm Chris and I'm 14. I started liking the LotR after i saw the first movie and after that i have loved the books.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:43 PM   #339
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Welcome Chris! or Curufinwe whichever you perfer
Old 07-06-2004, 09:20 PM   #340
Aredhel
Pile O'Bones

Aredhel has just left Hobbiton.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Once upon a time I was here, can't even remember my member name. I was the one with the "Aliens" lime green piccy of Sigorney Weaver. I thought I was Beruthiel, but I'm no longer on the lists. Well, that's what happens when you don't show your face for 8 months.
Anywhoo, for all you Tolkien newbies, I'll be the one scratching my head and looking things up for you, right along with some of the older members here.
I'm turning 40 this year, and I've recently (within the last 2 years) read some of the extra texts floating around, like The HoME, War of The Jewels...and so forth. Wonderful stuff. I learned about it here.
I'll never be able to remember everything, but I do know things Aragorn. You might call me an Aragorn fan. I got hooked after I learned all about him.
Yes, first it was Bilbo, then Frodo, then I graduated to Aragorn. There's no telling if I'll ever latch onto another character. Right now I'm stuck - and it's lasted 10 years.
So let me have it.

Last edited by Aredhel; 07-07-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Aredhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:38 PM   #341
Gil-Galad

ummm...get the broom?
Old 07-07-2004, 07:27 PM   #342
Aredhel
Pile O'Bones

White-Hand Hum...?

Perhaps that's a reference to sweeping out the cobwebs of a dusty Tolkien reader's mind, eh?
Not a very good welcome, especially coming from A Prince of Cardolan.
*grumble*
Nevermind.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:49 AM   #343
Thorongil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Thorongil
Then I'll do it properly. Welcome back! How is it to have died twice?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:51 AM   #344
Gil-Galad

Shield

Meh, i'm on my way to "Dancing Piano-head of Doom" oh yeah, what Thorongil said
Old 07-08-2004, 09:24 PM   #345
goldberry bombadil

Tolkien

hi im jaimee
i got this site recommended to me by gil-galad.
i've loved lotr for a while now .
we bought the first movie and i loved it so i read the books .
i loved them to.
none of my friends have read the books though.
so i hope to find some people who love the books as much as me.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:26 PM   #346
Gil-Galad

Shield

Bravo Bravo!!! that gil-galad guy sure sounds great! why i would take a bullet for him! and give him so much praise, you people should do that too!

"Ah! so cool"
Old 07-09-2004, 07:12 AM   #347
Elven Hunter
Animated Skeleton

Elven Hunter has just left Hobbiton.
Eye hi I'm mato

I'm just here to have fun.
I joined because a friend told me so. I like LotR, but I havent read the books yet.
I'm looking for my friend who says she looks like dee dee. that's all..
Elven Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 07:38 AM   #348
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

welcome, all you newbies (and not-so-newbies...coughAredhelcough)! goldberry bombadil, glad the movies made you want to read the books. Elven Hunter, you'll get more than fun here! Aredhel, do sweep out the cobwebs. we'll all pitch in and help! anyway, hope you all enjoy being dead...

cheers!

Elrond's (other) daughter
Old 07-09-2004, 02:57 PM   #349
Aredhel
Pile O'Bones

Sting Thank you, one and all!

Yes, yes, it's good to be dead again. I found my old member name: Tirned Tinnu.
I'm just waiting for the admins to reply to my plaintive email about resurrecting and rekilling?! my old member name. I had registered at work, and that was a big mistake...not remembering my old password is another! Oh, well. All comes to those who wait.
As for cobwebs, I've none, having been involved with another forum for quite a while. Let my bones rot profitably here for a while, i say. With the slowdowns of conversation on other sites, I'm finding my daily post needs are unfulfulled!
Must... talk...more...Tolkien!
Old 07-09-2004, 11:29 PM   #350
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Welcome, all new 'Downies! I'm glad to see you are enthusiastic about talking Tolkien, Aredhel! Enjoy your dark, eternal stay.
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 09:34 AM   #351
Gil-Galad

Boots

Thats like the fourth welcome Aredhel has gotten.... meh i'll add soem more

welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome email welcome welcome welcome welcome stay in school welcome welcome welcome welcome well...i lost count...
Old 07-12-2004, 10:05 AM   #352
Pippin Pondlily
Animated Skeleton

Pippin Pondlily has just left Hobbiton.
Hullo, I'm Pippin Pondlily. And even though my name is Pippin i'm actually a girl. Fancy, eh? Well I'm new here at the Barrow Downs I think it looks like a pretty fancy site and a good place to enjoy the rest of my lazy summer days and hopefully be able to continue my time here even with school coming up in a little over a month ...

I grew up reading Tolkien and enjoyed the movies. (I'm 16 by the way) I had to re read the books for a summer reading project, actually, and I got absorbed in it again so I thought I'd see what's going on with Lord of the Rings in the superwide world eh?

I also wanted to check out the RPGs hereabouts and see how that works. I'll probably start looking at that as soon as i post this. Anyways, c'est tout.

- P. Pondlily

Last edited by Pippin Pondlily; 07-12-2004 at 10:28 AM.
Pippin Pondlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:45 AM   #353
Thorongil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Thorongil
Welcome, Elven Hunter! Now we have a Squall too. Another member in the Final Fantasy bunch. We already have Cloud and Sephiroth, and I think I saw a Quistis. Welcome to the rest as well!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:39 PM   #354
Elen

Silmaril

Hello evrybody,

I am Elen, and I live in Holland (Uquendor). I discoverd this site last week, it has been a long time, since I had my english classes, so I hope my English will do. I read most of Tolkiens books.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:23 PM   #355
Shadow

Hi there! I'm new here but I'm not new to forums at all. I'm a mod on the Gamezville forums (www.gamezville.tv). My name's Joe and I'm from Manchester. I've mainly come here to role-play as this place has some excellent looking scenarios. I am new to role-playing, since almost all of my friends think it's nerdy so I've been put off the idea a little.

I've read the LoTR trilogy, the Silmarillion and The Hobbit. Peter Jackson's my favourite director, but not for the LoTR movies, but for a film called Braindead some of you may have heard of.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:36 PM   #356
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
salutations my fellow LOTR lovers,

I just got started on this web-site for the fact that a friend of mine told me how much fun it was. My username is ninlaith because a long time before I knew about the discussion forum I found out what my name meant in Elvish so there you go.

I just graduated highschool and will be persuing a theater major when I attend college. My passions are LOTR of course, acting, singing, musicals, and movie going. Just a warning I get very passionate about the books and movies and have spasms of the mouth and can't keep it shut, so if I offend anyone, which I will desperately try not to, i sorry in advance. But thank you for reading if you did and maybe I'll read you out there.

Numarie
ninlaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:24 PM   #357
Gil-Galad

Welcome all Newcomers to the Downs! I'm Gil-Galad and i'll be your guide, if you look to the right you can see a dramatic reinactment of Fingolfin versus Melkor! don't mind Steve the janitor folks!
Old 07-13-2004, 04:52 PM   #358
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

hey all you newcomers! (sorry for using your word, Gil-Galad, but i couldn't think of a suitable substitute) hope you all enjoy being dead. its been fun for the rest of us so far. key words: so far. just kidding.

cheers!

Elrond's (other) daughter
Old 07-13-2004, 05:07 PM   #359
Gil-Galad

so if your elronds other daughter...what was your mothers name, your brothers, and your grandmothers fathers mother?
Old 07-13-2004, 05:55 PM   #360
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
so if your elronds other daughter...what was your mothers name, your brothers, and your grandmothers fathers mother?
oh, dear... do you like tormenting innocent bystanders or something?? anyhoo, now for my answer: just ask Arwen! my brain is too fried right now to do that much research... not that i shouldn't know it right off the top of my head. rats. my memory is going... and i'm still young!!! scary...

Last edited by elronds_daughter; 07-13-2004 at 05:59 PM.
elronds_daughter is offline   Reply With Quote