User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2004, 07:34 PM   #41
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thali

Please put a short character bio on for Amaryllis so we know what kind of character she is. She can be a carry along character for you. No post for her is needed.

Get your friend on soon for Laryelion – and please remind him/her that posting in the Green Dragon Inn is a must before playing in a game.

If you can’t find someone to play Laryelion – you can just post a bio for that character – and anyone can use him in a post as needed.

You can do the same for the Anarya character if you wish.

------------------------------

Gaya

Please put up a short character bio for Deagon so we can know what kind of character he is. He can either be a carry-along character of yours, or he can be the kind of character that people can use in their posts as needed. No post is needed.

------------------------------

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 09-07-2004, 07:18 PM   #42
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Please put a short character bio on for Amaryllis so we know what kind of character she is. She can be a carry along character for you. No post for her is needed.
OK, here's the Short Bio for AMARYLLIS - and if she decides she wants to replay the role herself, I have no objection!

NAME:Amaryllis

RACE:Silvan Elf

WEAPONS: Usually carries a staff and a small blade

APPEARANCE: Long black hair, usually braided, when unbound reaches nearly behind her knees; her eyes are lightest grey, almost blue

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: A sensitive elf, gentle in her ways, dealing with both woodland creatures and her fellow elvenfolk. Usually avoids confrontaional combats, she is capable of defending herself if need be. Very loyal to her companions, and above all her King and Prince.

HISTORY: Her roots can be traced back to elven lineage that has always been loyal to the ElvenRealm of Greenwood (Mirkwood). Her forefathers have proudly fought for Oropher and Thranduil.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:02 AM   #43
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thali

The proposal is getting close to being done:

1.) Have you found someone to play Laryelion? If not – how do you want to handle that character?

2.) What are you going to do about Anarya? Do you want her to be another character you carry along, since she seems to be connected to Rudchamion?

------------

As I said in a previous post:

If you can’t find someone to play Laryelion – you can just post a bio for that character – and anyone can use him in a post as needed.

Old 09-17-2004, 03:05 AM   #44
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Gaya

2 things:

1.) Can you carry Deagon as a carry-along character? If so – then just post a brief character description of him here on the planning thread.

2.) Thali wrote a post for Rinurion –

Quote:

Thalionyulma’s post for Rinurion

The Party at the Elven King’s realm:

The breeze rustled the leaves above the branches over head. Rinurion looked up, still in deep thought. Alot had happened the past few weeks, and a growing uneasiness in him would not go away.

It had all began when his patrol with Legolas had intercepted a group of men. The ElvenKing had let one go, but a dark elf followed his trail. Anarya and Prince Legolas had gone as well to watch where the man headed to. Although Legolas had returned shortly, Anarya had continued the quest with the dark elf. No word had come back since then.

No, his uneasiness stemmed more from another elf. One who was one of them it seemed. But he had been unable to pursue his suspicions. He and three others were captured in the ElvenKing's territory by orcs. No one knew how they were able to enter the kingdom without detection. It had been another elf from Lorien that aided their rescue.

Deagon still lived and continued to join the patrols. Rinurion could do nothing more than watch closely.

Another elf appeared nearby, it was Laryelion of Lorien. He walked over to where Rinurion sat on a fallen bole.

"How went the patrol?" asked Laryelion.

"It has been quiet for some time, but who can say for how long?" came the answer.

"You watch him closely," Laryelion said quietly. Rinurion looked at the elf at that and wondered if he should share his uneasiness.

Gayahithwen carry a basket of berries from the woods. Several other elf maidens were with her. She espied the two and came over.

"Good day Rinurion! Everything is well, I hope?" The young elf maiden asked, smiling.
Can you please get your post written for your character, and place it here on the planning thread.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:00 PM   #45
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
Thali

The proposal is getting close to being done:

1.) Have you found someone to play Laryelion? If not – how do you want to handle that character?

2.) What are you going to do about Anarya? Do you want her to be another character you carry along, since she seems to be connected to Rudchamion?

------------

As I said in a previous post:

PIO,

I'm giving my friend 2 days more to post in the Green Dragon Inn so he can play Laryelion. If not, then I'll take up your suggestion!

Anarya's character may end up as a carry along character - its hard to find someone who'll play her. Easier to make new characters .
Old 10-07-2004, 05:17 PM   #46
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Where are we at? What is the status of the RPG?
Old 10-08-2004, 02:23 AM   #47
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thali – These 3 areas (I, II, III) need to get done:

- I -

Gayahithwen needs to do these 2 things – please PM her about them, as I have already placed several messages on the discussion thread to which she has not responded:

1.) Gaya posted a bio for her character named Gaya – she needs a First Post to go with it.

NAME: Gayahithwen.

RACE: Silvan Elf.

WEAPONS: A knife.

APPEARANCE: She is on the shorter side for an elf, but otherwise quite typical with black, fairly long hair; grey eyes and fair skin. She is most used to wear dresses, but at the start of our game, she is seen wearing leggings and a tunika, due to recent happenings.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: She is calm and thoughtful and easily gets caught in her own daydreams. She is very friendly and her trust in other people is almost ridiculously high. She is a fairly good cook, but a lousy fighter, and would rather run away than stay and fight - not because she's cowardly, but because she knows her limitations.

HISTORY: She grew up in Mirkwood and her history to this point had been quite uninteresting. She worked as a kitchen-elf in Thranduil's castle, and the most exciting that ever happened was her getting in trouble for daydreaming a few times, and all the interesting guests she'd see around the place.

----------

First Post for Gaya: ----- STILL NEEDED

(For this Gaya can refer to this post Thali did for Rinurion) –

Quote:
The breeze rustled the leaves above the branches over head. Rinurion looked up, still in deep thought. Alot had happened the past few weeks, and a growing uneasiness in him would not go away.

It had all began when his patrol with Legolas had intercepted a group of men. The ElvenKing had let one go, but a dark elf followed his trail. Anarya and Prince Legolas had gone as well to watch where the man headed to. Although Legolas had returned shortly, Anarya had continued the quest with the dark elf. No word had come back since then.

No, his uneasiness stemmed more from another elf. One who was one of them it seemed. But he had been unable to pursue his suspicions. He and three others were captured in the Elven King's territory by orcs. No one knew how they were able to enter the kingdom without detection. It had been another elf from Lorien that aided their rescue.

Deagon still lived and continued to join the patrols. Rinurion could do nothing more than watch closely.

Another elf appeared nearby, it was Laryelion of Lorien. He walked over to where Rinurion sat on a fallen bole.

"It has been quiet for some time, but who can say for how long?" came the answer.

"You watch him closely," Laryelion said quietly. Rinurion looked at the elf at that and wondered if he should share his uneasiness.

Gayahithwen carry a basket of berries from the woods. Several other elf maidens were with her. She espied the two and came over.)

"Good day Rinurion! Everything is well, I hope?" The young elf maiden asked, smiling.
---------------------------------------

2.) Deagon – is supposed to be Gayahithwen’s carry along character, you said earlier. I need her to put a short bio on this thread for that character. Can you see if you can get her to do that, as I have already left messages on this thread to her about it.

- II -

You were going to have someone play Laryelion – I have not seen anyone post a bio yet for him. Can you post a short bio for him so he can be a carry along character that anyone can use as needed.

- III -

You need to decide if you are going to drop the character Anarya or will you post a short bio for her so anyone can use her as needed? If you decide to let her be a carry along character, then please post a bio her on this thread.

Once the 3 areas above are done – I’ll open the discussion thread for your game and then people can apply to be one of your 3 additional Elves you have listed: 2 Mirkwood Elves – 1 Lorien Elf.

~*~

Can you please see to getting I, II, and III done?

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-28-2004 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:49 PM   #48
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

Thali

Thanks for your PM.

I have placed the bios for the carry-along characters on the Discussion thread.

Now we need Gaya's First Post for her character and her short bio for her carry-along character, Deagon.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-09-2004, 08:08 PM   #49
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sorry for my very long absense....

My computer had to be reformatted. It was a real mess, ad I could rarely view webpages. I sent a PM to Thali to make sure I wasn't considered uninterested in the game

Pio: I'm most sorry I fell out of touch with the Palantiri game. Now my computer is back and running, it won't happen again

Thali: I am more than willing to play Anarya. It does make sense, as I know a bit about her. I'll just have to go over the thread.

Once again, very sorry!

Tara
Old 12-16-2004, 02:09 PM   #50
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

I've moved the original game and discussion thread to Elvenhome. You can find them through these links:

Original MIRKWOOD RPG - Here

Original MIRKWOOD DISCUSSION - Here

~*~ Pio
Old 12-26-2004, 02:10 AM   #51
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pio,

I don't know about the others... but I haven't heard from Gaya. Shall we set her characters as carry-on as well?

Eiz has taken an interest on the character Deagon, but was hesitant because we couldn't contact Gaya.

Tara,

Great! In many ways I know you'll do Anarya's character justice!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!
Old 12-26-2004, 11:44 PM   #52
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thali -

It's really up to you - since Gaya has dropped from the game by her absence, you as the game owner, can let Eiz pick up Deagon if you want.

Who will carry along the "Gayahithwen" character? How do you want to handle that?

~*~ Pio
Old 12-27-2004, 02:10 AM   #53
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pio,

well... I think I'll develop the "Gayahithwen" character in the elven realm end. Should we get any new characters/players they can choose either to interact in the Legolas' territory or down south where Rudh's company will be. That way should the real owner surface she can jump in (I'll keep in mind the character's bio - good thing part of it is the character's personality/trait as a guide).

Along the storyline both parties will be meeting up anyway. It would be interesting how the story will unravel.

The question would be who (character) will survive the adventure, right?
Old 12-27-2004, 11:45 AM   #54
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

OK -- so Eiz needs to post a character bio for Deagon either as a main character or a carry along. Either way is fine.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-30-2004, 02:15 AM   #55
Eiz
Pile O'Bones

Eiz has just left Hobbiton.
Pio,

ok... I'll be reading up on Deagon so I can post an appropriate character bio plus a post (I'm thinking of making him not just a carry along character ). That way the story'll have some interesting twists.

Thali,

is it correct to that I can expect to get this character killed? Hey... that'll make both of my characters killed...
Old 12-30-2004, 02:19 AM   #56
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Eiz

Once you make the character your own - you can decide whether he dies or not.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-31-2004, 09:36 PM   #57
Eiz
Pile O'Bones

Sorry folks for the delay on posting Deagon's Bio. I'm still digging the RPG... did Gaya post a bio for this character?

I've been working backwards on the Mirkwood posts until I realised I should be looking in the discussion forum of it.

I'll post a bio even w/out Gaya's if I am unable to find it.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:55 AM   #58
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Eiz

Mirkwood was an RPG from the original Barrow-Downs' forum. Many of the characters did not have written out character bios.

This is a new game for the most part - go ahead and design Deagon the way you want him to be.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:23 AM   #59
Eiz
Pile O'Bones

I finally got it! Ok, I based Deagon's personality with what Gaya started with... I'll put up the first post for Deagon tomorrow!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME: Daegon

RACE: Silvan Elf

WEAPONS: Bow & arrows, hunting knife

APPEARANCE: Blonde hair, grey eyes. Is in common elven hunting attire and has a dark green cloak.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: He is rather good at fighting with most weapons.
Had been the leader of a scouting group. He was known to be faithful to his friends and would never abandon them in battle.

HISTORY:
He had a younger sister, Elenloth, who had been very dear to him. They had lived at the outskirts of the elven realm of Mirkwood, they no longer had their parents. One day Elenloth was captured by some orcs scourging the edge of Mirkwood. Furious about it, Daegon had tracked them down, but was forced to strike up a deal with the enemy or his sister would die a very slow & painful death.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How's this Pio & Thali?
Old 01-01-2005, 02:50 AM   #60
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

That sounds fine to me, Eiz.

~*~ Pio
Old 01-10-2005, 02:25 PM   #61
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Please do not post here unless your name is on the list already. The Game Proposal is not yet done and is not open for new players.

Thanks!

Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 01-27-2005, 04:31 AM   #62
Eiz
Pile O'Bones

Post to Deagon character

Deagon walked silently through the path in the forest. He had just finished with the patrol, and as usual left the group to be alone. The tall elf was aloof nowadays, even from those who were his friends and companions.

He was in deep thought when he caught sight of Gayahithwen and the other kitchen elves. She waved to another elf. He stopped when he saw who it was- Rinurion. And with him was the elf from Lorien, Laryelion.

Rinurion was the one elf in Mirkwood he had constantly tried to avoid. Everytime they crossed paths, he could see in the other's eyes the distrust. And the heavy guilt he bore pained him as much as the helplessness he felt.

He sighed and walked away. To be alone again. Alone since Elenloth was captured by the enemy. It was because of that fact he had tried to trade Gayahithwen and another elf maiden Amaryllis for her release. Rinurion had foiled that, and with Laryelion's aid, had rescued them. There was an argument between him and the orcs. They refused to take him to Elenloth, nor assure him of her release.

Amaryllis and Gayahithwen had persuaded Rinurion not to deal harshly with him. He had been released after being cleared. The elf maiden had said that the orcs had ambushed them. She had not revealed he had led them to the orcs. She had spoken to him afterwards, but he had kept silent.

What could they do even if he told them that his sister had been captured? Should he seek aid, it would endanger Elenloth's life. He had made a bargain, forced upon him. He had tracked down the orcs, but they were many. His companions were killed or taken, but he was released. And he was promised the freedom of his sister if he fulfilled part of that bargain.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:42 AM   #63
Eiz
Pile O'Bones

PIO & THAL,

sorry that came with "some" delay!

The Deagon character is going to shape up quite differently from my Muru character, thanks for the advice Pio!

He's somewhat tragic by the looks of it. Although it'll be up to the story's development if he dies or not. I don't think Thranduil will let Deagon live once his duplicity is revealed. At this point, although I think I'll consider Elenloth already dead (or a lost cause) even though Deagon still thinks she's alive.

So when is the story going to get started?
Old 01-27-2005, 02:30 PM   #64
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Everyone

The Game Proposal is now all filled in!

Can everyone please check in so we all know you're ready to play.

Once that's done - I'll open the Game's Discussion Thread - there were still 3 characters you wanted to pick up - 2 Mirkwood guards and 1 warrior from Lorien.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thali -- CLEAR YOUR PM's PLEASE!

Once everyone has checked in here - I need you to be able to handle the Discussion Thread when it opens - what date is good for you?

I'll close this Planning Thread, then, and everyone can use the Discussion Thread.

Once you've gotten your 3 Elven players I'll open the RPG Thread up for play.

How does this sound?

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 01-27-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:13 PM   #65
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question At what time will my room be available..?

This is GW checking in to Mirkwood Endgame RPG. He prefers the non-pipeweed rooms, if you please.

* Twiddles thumbs (or lack thereof) and waits. *

GW
Old 02-01-2005, 04:05 AM   #66
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Oopps... sorry Pio! PM's all cleared ma'am.

and I'm now checking in!
Old 02-01-2005, 04:13 AM   #67
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Thali

I've heard from Taralphiel - she is out of town until mid February, but definitely wants to play.

Have you heard from Vitto? or Eiz?

And when will you be able to oversee the Discussion Thread when I open it for your game to take on the last 3 characters?

~*~ Pio
Old 02-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #68
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

I've heard from everyone now but Eiz and Vitto.

Once they let us know they're still playing I can set up the discussion thread.

~*~ Pio
Old 02-03-2005, 02:42 AM   #69
Vitto

Checking in!

Old 02-03-2005, 11:59 AM   #70
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Question

Eiz!!!!

You there?

~*~ Pio
Old 02-03-2005, 11:42 PM   #71
Eiz
Pile O'Bones

Sorry... I wasn't paying attention, hehehe.

CHECKING IN!!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 12:45 AM   #72
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Alrighty, then - I'm going to open up the discussion thread for the game so that gamers can apply for the last 3 slots.

~*~ Pio

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~*~ THIS IS THE END OF THE PLANNING THREAD ~*~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-05-2005 at 02:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:55 AM   #73
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Eye Mirkwood Endgame Discussion Thread

~*~ THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE DISCUSSION THREAD ~*~

Thalionyulma invites you to play in:

Mirkwood Endgame RPG

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:

The War of the Ring begins in 3018 Third Age.

At the time of this game, the Necromancer, Sauron, is no longer in Dol Guldur – he was driven out in 2941 Third Age, the same year that Smaug was killed.

Three Nazgul retook Dol Guldur in 2951 Third Age. Armies from Dol Guldur attacked Lorien and the Woodland Realm during the War of the Ring. Dol Guldur was finally torn down after the fall of Sauron when Celeborn took it and Galadriel threw down its wall and cleansed its pits

~*~

From Gilthalion’s introduction to the original game:

The story for this game begins several years before the War of the Ring. The characters will not be aware of the events surrounding that war, since they have not happened yet! Nevertheless, some of the characters from LORD OF THE RINGS are alive and active at the time, so the characters might meet one by chance.

Mirkwood in these days is largely inhabited by the Silvan Elves. There may be some men on the northwest fringes near the valley of the northern Anduin. The Elves of the Golden Wood are far away and have not been seen in many, many years by their distant relatives in the Woodland Realm of Thranduil. The great forest has become unwholesome in many places, especially in the south. Dol Goldur is there, and the Necromancer has been vanquished. Yet, the evil place stands and has been left unguarded since that day...

Here is the original game from which this one came:

Original MIRKWOOD RPG - Here

Original MIRKWOOD DISCUSSION - Here

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-05-2005 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:56 AM   #74
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

BASIC STORYLINE:

A small group journeys from Thranduil's Realm towards Dol Guldor, in hopes of uncovering the dark events happening in the mighty forest once known as Greenwood the Great. Men and other dark creatures have been invading the Realm, bringing disturbing news. Elven abodes have been raided, inhabitants killed or captured for unknown purpose. Each event getting closer and closer to the quiet Woodland realm. An assasination attempt had been thwarted, puzzling clues gathered. The group must uncover the origin of these events and its evil intent before darkness engulfs the Woodland Realm.

The small group now draws nearer Dol Guldor, but each path that brings them closer, brings them closer to danger they've never expected. Another group unexpectedly is captured and also is headed unwittingly to the same destination. And unkown to all, an army gathers at the foot of Dol Guldor - an army intent on one thing. The destruction of Thranduil's Realm, preventing any assistance to their kin in the West.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:58 AM   #75
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

PURPOSE OF THE STORY:

Uncover the mystery of the events happening all over Mirkwood. Discover the truth within Dol Goldur, and journey back to Thranduil to warn the Woodland Realm of the dangers that lie ahead.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:59 AM   #76
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

STARTING LOCATION: Near the foothills of Dol Guldor

LIKELY DESTINATION: The main destination is to penetrate Dol Guldor's defenses and enter the dark hill. Final destination is to get the information back to Thranduil.

WE WILL KNOW THE GAME IS DONE WHEN:

Once the truth has been discovered and news delivered to Thranduil & a warning sent to Lorien, the story has ended. The army's powerful characters being eliminated, its purpose temporarily thwarted, then the game is resolved.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:59 AM   #77
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

TIME FRAME:

The year is 3014 T.A. - four years before the War of the Ring.

The storyline or plot for the story requires: 4 months gametime - (Afterlithe(July) through Winterfilth(October)

This game requires a time commitment of: 3 MONTHS (12 WEEKS) from me, the game owner, and from the major players.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:01 AM   #78
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

TIME LINE:

Afterlithe (July) -- 2 WEEKS REAL TIME

The story begins near the foothills of Dol Guldor
  • within a week Rudhchamion's group discover Muru, as she attacks Taralphiel, in an attempt to capture the young maiden
  • the group discovers the Wargriders raiding party
  • dark elf discover Warzgarz's patrol whic leads them near the Orc encampent ( are delayed in deciding to head back to Thranduil or continue)
  • Rudhchamion decides to continue on, planning to enter the fortress of Dol Guldor after Khelek discovers the hidden path
  • The group encounters an ALLY

-------------------------------------------------

• Rinurion patrols and sees Deagon leaving the designated patrol areas. Tells Laryelion and Gayahithwen of his supicions. The group is still unsure of Deagon's true nature
  • Gayahithwen learns of an attack at the eastern border of the realm from another patrol. Tension grows in the Realm as the elves tighten their defense.
~*~

August (Wedmath) -- 4 WEEKS REAL TIME
  • A near capture by a group of orcs, 1 enemy escapes
  • several cavern entrances are discovered, a decision is made after some time
    stumbles upon a great spider's lair
  • forced to backtrack and choose another cavern
  • discover the presence of prisoners, noted the near mindless state of each
  • they discover & follow a group of hooded figures leading a small group of what looks like male and female elves & witness to their horror, how the prisoners, human & elven are "bent"

• Rinurion ever growing suspicious follows Deagon. Laryelion and Gayahithwen follow the warrior, they are joined by Amaryllis and others.
  • Deagon goes deeper into the woods and meets with strangers there is an argument and he is "captured" by the unknown group of men. Gayahithwen follows to try and aid him and is captured. She is then used as bait to lure the others.
  • Rinurion and Laryelion fall into a trap as they try to rescue their companion.
    The group decide to delay escape attempts until they learn more.
  • Deagon learns of the truth of his sister as Muru confronts him unexpectedly. He attacks the vampire to no avail and is wounded mortally. Gayahithwen watches helplessly.
~*~

September (Halimath) -- 4 WEEKS REAL TIME
  • they catch a glimpse of another group, and 1 who is familiar to Taralphiel
  • Encounters Muru & her minions... Muru is slain (vanquished), but for a price 1 companion is badly wounded
  • after hiding & resting for some days, the group continues as they decide a rescue
  • by another path they come closer to Eriador's prison and a rescue is made
    more tales unfold by Eriador and another freed prisoner
  • patrol is tightened, the group is forced to use another path
  • they learn of the Nazgul inside
  • the group decides to head back to Thranduil

• Laryelion persuades the group and they attempt an escape. Over-powering their human and orc captors they are able to make their escape.
  • The group find themselves in the middle of Mirkwood. They encounter several of Muru's minions and warg-riders.
  • They are divided if they should continue northward back to the Realm or towards Dol Guldor.
~*~

October (Winterfilth) -- 2 WEEKS REAL TIME
  • they are met by Warzgarz's troops, Rhud recognizes the orc captain as at his people's slaying, a fierce fight ensues & barely escapes
  • are assisted by Lar & Rin back to the Thranduil's Realm, passing through nearly the eaves of Leog Ninglorin/Gladden Fields
  • Thranduil is told all of what the group has seen & witnessed, Laryelion bids the King's permission leave to give warning to Lorien
Old 02-04-2005, 02:03 AM   #79
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

Thalionyulma's characters:

1.) NAME: Rûdhchamion

WEAPONS: Hunting bow & arrows, jewelled hunting knife (a gift from his sister- deceased)

APPEARANCE: Tall, with long dark raven-black hair, usually untied; grey-eyed; Garbed in green & brown leather hunting attire, aiding him to blend in the forest surroundings

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Rûdhchamion is a solitary being, quiet and easily content wandering & hunting in the woods. Has easy rapport with animals in the woods, and can communicate with most of them. He is an experienced fighter, possessing both excellent hunting and scouting skills. His thirst for vengeance blinds him at times, making him insensitive to those who try to get close to him. Although slow to anger, his temper sometimes gets the best of him, once it is triggered.

HISTORY:
The Dark Elf came from a nomadic group of elves who refused to be ruled by any king. He had been trained by his father to scout during the War of the Last Alliance at a very young age. Although he lived with his kin after the battle, roaming the eaves of the Great River, Anduin, they had lived last near the Gladden Fields (called Loeg Ningloron by Rûdhchamion's people). Two strangers were welcomed one day to rest awhile during one of their gatherings when his people was attacked by a group of orcs and men. His immediate family was killed, his twin sister Perennnauriel had died in his arms after being hit by a poisoned dart that was aimed at him. Only a handful had survived. The Dark Elf had devoted his days to hunting down his people's murderers. He had reached deep into Mirkwood, tracking down men he suspected would lead him to the murderers.

Thalionyulma's post - Rudchamion ----- FIRST FOR GAME

The Dark Elf stirred slightly in the tree branch, hidden in the foliage of the leaves. The dawn was breaking in the horizon, streaks of gold and violet to red, splattered across the sky. From a distance, a faint sound of a bird's morning song started, then faded. These parts of the woods seemed darker and more somber. Not even a chirp could be heard for long.

The small group had been travelling for days. The two elves had come from Thranduil's Hall. One bidden by the Elvenking, the other because of a personal oath of vegeance. They had eventually stumbled upon the white wolf pup and a young human in their dangerous travel. They had reached the foot of Amon Lanc, now mostly known as Dol Guldur, a few days before. They had been unable to get closer as they avoided the orcs and patrolling parties of wargriders.

The Dark Elf took in his surroundings and sighed inwardly. He had never counted in doing the Elvenking's bidding, but it had served his purpose at that time. Because of mysterious raids and events in Mirkwood, Thranduil had had tightened his patrol in the Elven Realm. It had lead to the capture of the humans Rûdhchamion had been following, in hopes to finally get his revenge. Because of unexpected events, he had then met Anarya SilverBranch, who was biddened to follow the man upon his release. Of course Legolas, the Elvenking's son, knew the Dark Elf would follow the human. But he eventually left Anarya with Rûdhchamion to continue the quest. The human, Micanar, had lead them to the patrol of orcs, raising the suspicion something forboding was about.

He had unfortunately killed the man when they had fought. Which of course made things more complicated in reaching the rumored stronghold. Now a new enemy was making its presence known, haunting their human companion. Something ancient and dark that reeked of evil and decay.

Rûdhchamion stretched a bit, shaking himsel of the dark thoughts. He then lightly jumped to the ground soundlessly. His companions were still resting in the hidden alcove of the underbrush. He espied Taralphiel still sleeping soundly with an arm around Khelek's neck. The white wolf pup opened his eyes and lifted his head questioningly at the elf. Anarya was resting next to young human maiden, one hand still holding her bow.

Sleep lightly. I will scout a bit and forage. Keep alert. The Dark Elf silently communicated with the protective canine.

The pup whined softly.

I will not wander far and too long. He smiled assuringly, then walked towards the stream nearby.

---------------

2.) NAME: Rinurion

WEAPONS: Longbow & arrows, short sword & dagger

APPEARANCE: Very tall; long dark brown hair, usually tied back; light grey eyes, nearly blue; clad in brown & dark green hunting attire common to the patrolly guard of Mirkwood.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES:
Has good leadership skills, marking him as one of the captains of Thranduil's patrolling companies. Excels in hand to hand combat, and proficient in most woodland combat weapons, particularly with the longbow. He is very wary of those not of Mirkwood, and does not readily give his trust.

HISTORY:
Rinurion has always been of Mirkwood. Like his father before him, he serves the Elvenking unquestioningly. This elf has always had the honor to patrol with the King's son, Legolas.

Thalionyulma’s post for Rinurion

The Party at the Elven King’s realm:

No, his uneasiness stemmed more from another elf. One who was one of them it seemed. But he had been unable to pursue his suspicions. He and three others were captured in the ElvenKing's territory by orcs. No one knew how they were able to enter the kingdom without detection. It had been another elf from Lorien that aided their rescue.

Gayahithwen carry a basket of berries from the woods. Several other elf maidens were with her. She espied the two and came over.

Old 02-04-2005, 02:04 AM   #80
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

Taralphiel's Characters

3.) NAME: Taralphiel

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: Taralphiel has only a dagger in her boot. She has had little training on how to use it, with the exception of hunting for her own food.

APPEARANCE: Taralphiel is 5’ 7”, with waist length blonde hair and striking green eyes. She is dressed in simple riding gear, with sturdy boots and a long cape. Though with her long time in the Woods, her clothes have become very worn.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Taralphiel has undergone a great change once leaving her home in Calembel. Once a rather bright and carefree young woman, she has learnt much of hardship. At first this brought her into a great depression, leaving her wondering if her choices were at all wise ones. But recently her companions have noted a great resolution and determination to save the one that she loves.

Taralphiel has no great skill in battle or strategy, often leaving her to be rescued by her Elven companions. However, she has begun to show a keener sense to the world of evil surrounding the woods, and it is unknown how this gift will effect her.

HISTORY: Taralphiel grew up in Calembel, a small town lying between Rohan and Gondor. She was betrothed to a local town leader, but instead chose to marry a young Rohirrim warrior by the name of Eriador. Leaving her town, they were separated when Eriador was called to a great duty. Now Taralphiel seeks him out, convinced that he is somewhere in Mirkwood…

SEE JOINT POST FOR CHARACTERS BELOW

--------------

4.) NAME: Eriador

RACE: Human (Rohan)

WEAPONS: When he is fully armed (and not captive.), Eriador carries two daggers on his belt, and a broadsword, made by his father. He is also proficient in the bow, but does not carry one, as he prefers his sword and closer combat.

APPEARANCE: Eriador is about 6 foot, with the characteristic features of a strong young man of Rohan. He keeps his shoulder length blonde hair, making his brown eyes more visible. But his face is younger and more boyish than the hardened warriors of the Eored, among these men is his father.

PERSONALITY/ STRENGTHS/ WEAKNESSES: Eriador is a young man that follows his heart. That is what lead him to Taralphiel is the first instance, and to Mirkwood in the second. He has a strong loyalty to his heritage, and forever values the strength of Rohan. But such traits can lead to stubbornness. He will not give up on a good cause, no matter the cost to himself. However, when those dear to him pay that cost, he begins to wonder if this attribute in him is such a good thing…

HISTORY: Eriador grew up in Edoras, and was trained to be a member of the Eored. When he was around 25, he left on a journey to Gondor, and chanced upon the small village of Calembel, where he met and wed Taralphiel. His plans were to take her back to his family in Edoras, but they changed when news was brought to him of a disturbance in Mirkwood. Now he has found himself captured in a dungeon, unaware of his exact location, and not knowing what has become of Taralphiel.

Taralphiel's post for Eriador and Taralphiel

Taralphiel slumbered restlessly in the branch of a tree, her cheek pressed against the soft fur of the wolf pup Khelek. She had lost count of the nights she had spent just this way, and the increasing disturbance of what she saw while she slept.

Hr dreams lead her through another dark passage, her fingers could feel the moist dank of the rough walls. And in the corner, shown only with a sliver of the moons’ light, a figure sat slumped in the corner. Her hair dangled off his brow in dregs, down over his eyes. He looked in rags, though her skilled eyes could make out those rags had once been regal garments of a soldier, a warrior. His breastplate still shone, though dully. But all other sign of his place were gone, not a sword, nor a shield.

Taralphiel did not need any more detail to discern who this man was. She called out to him, her voice becoming hoarse, though those slumbering beside her could only hear whimpers. She cried out his name, and pleaded with him.

“Eriador, please! I am here! Listen to me!”

The figure looked up, his eyes still veiled, his head moving about, his shoulders stretching back. Even in the muck of his prison, Eriador looked as though he held some hope, though his body would not recognize it. She could hear his laboured breathing as he whispered to himself.

“This dreams…they are so vivid. I wonder what it is she is doing now…”

Eriador lifted his head to the small gap in the tall cell, so the moonlight could light up his face, and Taralphiel could see his familiar, yet now care-worn face.

“I will work my way out of this cell, and back to her, so I am not haunted so….”

Taralphiel jerked her head up from its rest against Khelek, and sighed. She sat up and pressed her palms to her face, shrugging her sore shoulders with effort. Khelek turned a curious glance up at her, and she threw him a weary smile.

“These dreams grow longer, that is all. I shall manage…”