Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2006, 12:56 AM   #161
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
I need the basic outline of your surprise - you and whoever else is in on the planning can handle the details.

-- Arry
Old 02-20-2006, 03:15 AM   #162
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Save filled.

I certainly hope Brand is close behind on that trail, or Dorran will be toast....

You just can't trust those cats one bit!
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 02-20-2006 at 03:22 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #163
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Whew! I'm back. Sorry I was offline all weekend; things are getting busy.

Yeah, I realize Fionn is kind of a stereotypical naieve hero-type, and I'm hoping I can kind of flesh his character out a little bit over the course of the game. Not quite sure how I'll do that, but I'm considering it.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:04 PM   #164
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Will it be alright with the Bregowarians if I write a post to get us to late night - so that Nogrod can come on board?
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 02-20-2006, 05:06 PM   #165
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
Will it be alright with the Bregowarians if I write a post to get us to late night - so that Nogrod can come on board?
Works for me... I was waiting for you to talk to Raewald, but if you want to get us ahead in time, just make sure you add somewhere that Osmod made a little drawing with a branch again. (Edit: and if you feel like asking what it is, he didn't tell anyone what it was without being rude either... just sort of vague)
Old 02-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #166
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have this whole week off school, so I can post frequently if others are around too!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #167
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Bregoware

Quote:
As you might quess, that's all right by me...

Just don't forget the night-watch. You need someone there!

Probably you would have to decide, whether to let the fire go on (keeps animals away, but might attract "visitors") or to kill it (no-one sees you, but you'll be cold).

I'll write my "coming in"-post according to your decisions about these ones'. I sure have seen your fire earlier on in the dark, and can find your place following that sighting.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #168
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nogrod

I've left 'Osmod' at the first watch . . . Rædwald will take the second. So - it's up to you who your character encounters. If it is my character, then please do allow me to write whatever response is needed for him.

The fire will be left going - it's well banked, so it will no doubt die down to glowing coals to be left for the morning.

You can, of course, instruct the group the next night about the possibility that leaving the fire going might not be a good idea.

~ U
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 02-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #169
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Nogrod

I've left 'Osmod' at the first watch . . . Rædwald will take the second. So - it's up to you who your character encounters. If it is my character, then please do allow me to write whatever response is needed for him.
Well, if you don't mind, I 've written a quite easy "coming in"-path. It had to be Raedwald at guard, because the time would be nearer to two or three o'clock am. when Sythric arrives. If you - or anyone else would like to have a more dramatic entrance, please let me know. I can do that too. But because I think we should firstly and foremostly go for the relationships and character-building, I think this is the easiest way to go forwards...

Undómë: If you mind myself coming in this easily, would it be allright, if I just quitted my message after the fourth paragraph? You can continue from that one on, and I can delete the last paragraphs after you have reacted, and then go on within the lines you have opened.

But even with my post as it is, you can (and should!) make your own viewpoint to be voiced! It would be good to have your post next to mine, describing the situation from Raedwald's point of view - and probably getting it forwards from the situation I have left us in...

Well, basically it's the question about how big a thing we will want to make this to be... I would be ready to slip in just this easily, have some discussion, and then leaving the rest for tomorrow. But if you think this is bad, I'll be sending you a more careful "approach"-post tomorrow (RL-time).

But anyhow: an experienced soldier would not approach a friendly camp that doesn't know of his arrival with stealth! So it's clear, Sythric will declare himself from a secure distance...

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-20-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:33 PM   #170
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tevildo

Well . . . the cougar is dead . . . or nearly (if you want to deliver the killing blow).

At any rate - Brand is bleeding (left arm and right side of face have long deep gouges); he's fallen on his back (ooh! visions of Elijah Woods' Frodo) and has hit his head hard enough to be knocked out.

You can either load him up on Lady and take him home or perhaps if you're done in a bit, too - the women can have to come find us . . . any way's fine with me

-- Arry
Old 02-20-2006, 11:43 PM   #171
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bringing this forward -

A few reminders:

Remove your signature from EVERY post to the RPG thread, including SAVES.

Fill in your SAVES in 48 hours, please.

Do not use smilies or any Post Icons on your Game posts.

Don't put 'Reasons for Editing' on your game posts - if it's important that the other gamers know you've edited something - use the Discussion Thread to tell them about it.

Please remember to use other writers' characters very carefully. Don't speak for them or have them perform actions unless it is okayed by the character's owner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

If you see an 'edited by piosenniel' on your game post - it will be to remove your signature or an icon.

Anything else that needs to be edited will be addressed by PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:44 PM   #172
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Telvido if you want I can treat Incana, Maybe rouse her (depending on what Naria thinks) and come find you men and drag you back to camp as well....
Old 02-21-2006, 12:14 AM   #173
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Friends from Bregoware,

How should we go from here? Now we are all aboard, I'd say we get to the rafts in two or three posts tops, another two for crossing the river and if Arry agrees, no more than three until meeting up with the guys from Wulfham? they look to be in pretty bad shape, it would make sense that they'd ask for our help now that they need us, even when they might have rejected us otherwise.

I was thinking something along the lines of posts by Nogrod and Undome (for Raewald) as they take the lead of the group and get us to the rafts. Then maybe Eowyn could tell us how Eostre finds the two newcomers. I'd like to get a chance to post for Osmod (after all, he has been displaced from being the leader of the group) and then maybe Maeggaladiel can find the other group. I just think Fionn is the most likely to 'go to the rescue' of others in need. I have left out Undome's Meghan because I'm undecided on whether she should post for her when Eowyn and I post or maybe after Fionn comes back with the news of a group in distress.

Just for the record, that's a tentative outline... I'm not the game founder nor mod so feel free to criticize it!
Old 02-21-2006, 01:17 AM   #174
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Wake up, Vaenosa.....

You may need to extend your current post.....

I think that Vaenosa is the only character who's truly unhurt from the Wulfham brigade. Dorran needs help getting Brand back to camp. Dorran isn't badly hurt but he has twisted his leg and is a bit dazed so can't carry Brand's body on his own.

Vaenosa - You're welcome to get the two of us back in the glade. Feel free to use my character to help you lift and carry the injured Brand back to camp.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 02-21-2006 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:23 AM   #175
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
If anyone wants to conspire over PM to come up with some random stuff, I'm open to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Then maybe Eowyn could tell us how Eostre finds the two newcomers.
Hm? Can someone fill me in as to what was decided about my character whilst I was away for... less than a day... Just explain that a little better, yes?
Old 02-21-2006, 01:23 AM   #176
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I posted while you were posting! should I edit it or wait for Naria?
Old 02-21-2006, 01:26 AM   #177
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Can you go ahead and edit. Use a few sentences to go back to the glade with Dorran and help carry Brand back?

If that won't work, let me know on this thread. I'll have Dorran get no answer near the camp so he will go back on his own to the glade and drag (literally!) Brand back.

Either way is fine (unless someone else has other ideas/suggestions). Let me know.

I am off to bed now but will make any needed adjustments in the morning.

Last edited by Tevildo; 02-21-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:47 AM   #178
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn Skywalker
Hm? Can someone fill me in as to what was decided about my character whilst I was away for... less than a day... Just explain that a little better, yes?
Nothing was decided for your character - Farael was simply saying that it would be good to have "Eostre" be able to give her opinion on the 2 newcomers to the Bregoware party -- Rædwald and Sythric; in addition to his character being able to give his opinion. And this was all in reference to his suggestion that the Bregoware party try to catch up to the Wulfham party in say 3 posts.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:48 AM   #179
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Tevildo, I have put a save in. I will fill it as soon as I can tomorrow. My character has to wake up soon, so I think this would be a good time.

Valier, could you have you character not quite awake? It would fit in better with what I'm planning. If not I can work with the original as well.

Last edited by Naria; 02-21-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:08 AM   #180
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

That sounds fine. I'll wait till you two (Naria and Valier) work out your sitution and then respond with whatever is needed.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:15 AM   #181
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Bregoware

Since Undómë and Nogrod have just posted - perhaps Farael, Maeggaladiel, or Eowyn Skywalker should step in with a post about the arrival of either or both newcomers to your group.

Then - who is willing to get the group across the river and started south? And as a point of information for me, will the crossing of the river take most of the next travel day for you? (Exactly how far is your present camp from the ford?)

The reason I'm asking is that I'm going to hold up the Wulfham group for one game day; that is, the characters will spend their second game day in camp, recuperating.

Our third day out from the village we'll be on our way again, most likely at a slower pace . . . and hopefully, if things go well, and your group gets across the river, then Wulfham will be say just a little less than 30 miles ahead of the Bregos.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:28 AM   #182
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arry,

I can't imagine why the Wulfham folk might want to spend a day in camp.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:33 AM   #183
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
Bregoware
Then - who is willing to get the group across the river and started south? And as a point of information for me, will the crossing of the river take most of the next travel day for you? (Exactly how far is your present camp from the ford?)
We probably need some posts before we go back to sleep for some hours. We should be on our way at early morning, and reach the rafts at noon as discussed earlier. So we should be at westbank of Anduin early afternoon perhaps.

Maybe we will be sent forwards in the morning by the one that has then time (there still are some posting to do before it)?
Old 02-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #184
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I'd like to get a chance to post for Osmod (after all, he has been displaced from being the leader of the group) and then maybe Maeggaladiel can find the other group. I just think Fionn is the most likely to 'go to the rescue' of others in need.
That's fine with me. But I'm still kind of confused as to when we should be running into the Wulfham party. From what I understand, we're waiting until morning, and then we'll cross the river. After that, should I "send" Fionn to scout ahead, where he stumbles across the Wulfhams? And will he run into the entire group, or will Brand and Dorran still be off by themselves by that time?
Old 02-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #185
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Please remember that by the time the Bregos cross the river, the incident with the cougar will all be done. (The Wulfham's first day is 3 days game-time before the Brego's first day)

So - by the time the Brego's cross the river, the Wulfham group will be on its way again. And we will be about 45 miles in front (further south down the river) of your group by then.

I doubt that Fionn will be able to scout us out at that point.

Once the Bregos cross the river and begin going south (and I expect this to be done by this coming Sunday), I have something which will slow the Wulfham group down again, without loss of blood .

At that point the Bregos can come upon the Wulfhamers.

For right now - please start your reactions to finding yet another person has joined your group. Do you welcome the addition. Did you even like the fact that Raedwald showed up? What do you think about the council sending a babysitter for you - are you a little relieved . . . or peeved that they thought you couldn't come up with solutions on your own?

There should be a discussion of who will lead the group now and how will they lead. How is Osmod feeling about all this - relieved? And what about Eostre and Fionn? Undome hasn't voiced her opinion out loud, but I noted she's given Osmod an appraising look, wondering how he's taking this all in since he had started out as their group's leader.

Can you get all that going on the game thread, please . . .

Last edited by Arry; 02-21-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #186
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well.

I trust Arry to do this meeting stuff for us, so let's not care about that! Let's just play our game.

I've ended my post in a way, that Sythric turns away from the others - after a pure monologue - and goes to tend his horse.

Please anyone, ask after him and make him come back to react!

Well, that's not necessary... but feel free to do it!

But as I think, we should have quite a lot of conversations going on tomorrow (game-time), and Sythric's need of sleep is quite obvious.

You are welcome, anyone, to use Sythric at the early morning hours, to just get us on and away. He should seem older than he is, and really dragged in the early morning hours. Just too little sleep in a couple of days...

Also: Osmod and Meghan should feel quite free to open a discussion with Sythric, for they know each other somewhat. Check the post I did quite early on the planning thread: Sythric would be acquainted with both Osmod (his father is a bussiness-company with Sytric's brother, the head-man of Skara), and Meghan is known to Sythric via Raedwald - not the "best friends", but still brothers in arms.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:26 AM   #187
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Telvido or Arry: I was wondering how you want me to post my next post? Should I just help Dorran back then retrieve Brand and the horses? If either of you has seen this before I wake up Any ideas? If not I will make something up when I wake up tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:28 AM   #188
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Well it looks like most of us Wulfhamers are on at the same time

Arry ,Tevildo and Valier I have filled in my save.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:32 AM   #189
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naria -- the post looks good.

Valier - You can bring back Brand on your own (dumping off Dorran in camp ) , or use Dorran to help get Brand back to camp together. Either way, you are welcome to use my character for this purpose.

After you post, I'll probably put up something where Dorran makes some kind of friendly gesture to Vaenosa (if that's ok to you).

Also, Valier, you can gather the horses if you want to in your post, but they'll likely come back to camp on their own. I know mine will, and I have a feeling Lady may follow closeby as Brand is brought back into camp.

I think this will work.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:35 AM   #190
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sounds good to me but I can't say Vaenosa will be OVERLY nice to Dorran just yet...she's getting there...or at least more toleratable. I will post in the morning!

Oh and yes please have Dorran attempt his friendly gesture anyways!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:36 AM   #191
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sounds good to me, too. No, Dorran won't expect to be welcomed with open arms, but we can maybe take the first step of not killing each other.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:38 AM   #192
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Oh I also wanted to know who has healing skills? Do any of us?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:52 AM   #193
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hmm...

I knew we forgot something. As far as I know, none of the Wulfham group has skills as a healer. My character Dorran who works in the stables has had a lot of experience treating injured horses but nothing with people. If we're desperate, he is probably able to search for herbs and make a 'poultice' for wounds. But if someone else has healing experience with human beings, please pipe up.

I'm not even sure if the other group has a healer. I remember Undómë's carry along character also had experience treating animals but I can't think of anyone else.....

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:20 AM   #194
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn

Just to clarify - Meghan's brother, Leof, sent Rædwald to look after her. Leof is back at the village with his wife, babies, and mother.

I think I'll have Rædwald hit the sack - so, if Eostre wants to take the watch, that would be great.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:02 AM   #195
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

About healing skills:

All of us should have some degree of healing skills. Households in such a village as we've come from did most of their own doctoring - so, and I hate to be sexist here, but the girls should have picked up some skills from mothers or aunts or grannies or any female relatives. There should be 'cures' handed down through the generations for fevers, and cuts, poultices, etc.

And any of us who are animal workers - Dorran with his horses and Brand with his sheep flock will have some medical skill. Much of what can be done for an animal can be done for a human, too.

About Brand's wounds - water boiled with a little salt and then allowed to cool to clean them; willowbark tea for pain; and a nice salve of comfrey, marigold, and beeswax (which you might find in Brand's pack - he's brought some remedies along he's used on his flocks - in a small wooden box).
Old 02-22-2006, 07:02 AM   #196
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thanks, Arry! So thoughtful of Brand as well to being along the salve.

Valier, Dorran is well enough to bandage his own ankle and can take care of Lady. Do you want to tend to Brand?
Old 02-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #197
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well everyones back at camp. I left it fairly open so do what you guys will and I will join again in a few posts.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #198
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I did put forwards a post where Sythric had nightmares and needed some company to get rid of them. So the one of you, who will in the end take the night-guard, should perceive Sythric's approach and go on with that one.

Sorry to have rushed forward in this manner, but I thought this a good chance for building Sythric's character a little & getting him to interact with one of you others before the daybreak. The reason for my haste being the fear, that someone would write us to the morning in the next post...
Old 02-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #199
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Bregoware guard!

PS. to the earlier one. Whoever takes the guard, feel free to use Sythric f.ex. asking how the day went, or what is the general feeling of the group / the guard him/herself. Those are kind of things Sythric would be asking - and you can go on making a post without waiting for me to do any questioning of that kind...
Old 02-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #200
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wulfham

I've gotten us to the next day - a day spent recuperating in camp.

Incana, if your character is up to it, she could bring in a small deer for us