Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2006, 12:46 PM   #241
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alrighty! Great. That's fine - I figured that the Captain had to post before me. I look forward to his post with excitement.

-- Foley
Old 11-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #242
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
I have posted for Ulfang. If there need to be any changes (perhaps he's a little too crazy?), let me know and I'll make them as soon as possible.

--CoD
Old 11-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #243
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Captain and Anguirel, I don't know if I can't post even now. Ulwarth does not leave for Uldor until he is told to go look for him, or something. The letter hasn't even been introduced. So, I'm still going to wait.

-- Folwren
Old 11-20-2006, 01:07 PM   #244
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I do apologise for a bit too much werewolfing that I have been doing lately. Somehow it takes one's time quite comprehensively if one is to perform his RL duties at the same time. But it will be easier on both fronts from now on and I can come back to this.

Just a few questions after skimming through the threads.

As my initial post was describing a late evening it should be what, last evening (the evening before the emissaries arrived and I would go on posting from the current day onwards now) or this evening (so my next post should be looking back to the day that is current in the game)?

Child/Khandr called us three to his table "tomorrow". Could it be "today"? Otherwise we must just try to fix something for our characters for a pretty long time (RL) as the negotiations between the Ulfing leaders and the elven emissaries will surely take some space and time?

And if I need to come up with something for Fastarr to do for a whole day, would Kath or Fordim be interested to share this day with me? So maybe Fastarr, Huntha and Bergr would do something together (or some of them could)? Or would master Khandr or Briga have something for the good retainer to perform?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #245
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nogrod,

I'll be glad to make the invitation to dinner tonight. I just wanted to make sure that everyone had time to play out any opening scenes for their character they already had in their head.

I know Lailath and I are doing some posts relating to the delivery of the goat meat but other than that and delivering the invitations, I had nothing specific planned.

Do the other Borrim want their invitations to be for dinner tonight (game time)? Please give me some feedback and I'll gladly edit.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:18 PM   #246
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

bill_n_sam has just left Hobbiton.
Child and Lalaith,

I received your PMs so I went ahead and posted. So you two can duke it out a little and then send Gunna off with whatever you decide. BTW, it's goat cheese not meat (I musta had feta on the brain ) not that it really matters.
BS
Old 11-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #247
Child of the 7th Age

Thanks, bill_n_sam. My mistake above. The doctor has temporarily put my husband on a vegetarian diet, and it seems all we can think about are slabs of meat.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #248
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Folwren and CoD,

Can I get permission to manipulate your characters a wee bit in my next post?

Lachrandir will state the basic terms of his mission, but not yet hand over the letter.

I'd like to make Ulfang hedge around for a while and then finally admit he's unwilling to proceed further without Uldor present. Ulwarth will then be sent out to get him.

I don't want to bring out the letter itself yet because it's quite major, and I'd like Uldor to be present when it's at last read by Ulfang.

I'll put up a save to this effect.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #249
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Fordim, you described Gausen as an "old woman". This is not quite accurate...she is a haggardish widow, but only in her late thirties. But I suppose it could reflect Hunta's attitude.

Mith and Celuien, your characters are also involved in the negotiations in the Hall...feel free to post from their points of view.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #250
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
The doctor has temporarily put my husband on a vegetarian diet, and it seems all we can think about are slabs of meat.
That's funny! I know what you mean though. In my family there has been a vegetarian for the past three years and twice I've tried to be one too (and both times fallen off the wagon with a resounding thud!
) So I understand how meat, especially the smell of barbeque or roast, can become quite distracting

I will probably not be around again until the weekend. I hope everyone who celebrates it has a good Thanksgiving!

Last edited by bill_n_sam; 03-06-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #251
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Will do, Anguirel, once I catch up with everything. *mutters about the impossibility of my current studying and interview schedule*
Old 11-20-2006, 08:37 PM   #252
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Anguirel:

By all means, sir! Use Ulwarth as necessary. I expected what you said above to take place before I posted again, so go right ahead.

-- Folwren
Old 11-21-2006, 09:42 AM   #253
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

Oh yes! Of course of you may use Ulfang, Ang!

And if I am needed to post in the next few days, I may be unavailable and will be unable to do so (Thanksgiving and all that family stuff).

--CoD
Old 11-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #254
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

My SAVE is filled in, and I've put up another...
Old 11-25-2006, 03:23 PM   #255
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Ring

I'm really sorry that I haven't posted a single post yet. To tell the truth I haven't even read the game thread fully. RL attacked me really hard and I just can't find enough time and concentration for RPG at the moment. If somebody wants to take my place/character, you're welcome.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:15 AM   #256
Child of the 7th Age

Borrim posters...

Please let me know if Khandr can push the dinner up. Thanks.

I'll go ahead late Monday if I don't hear anything beforehand.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #257
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sorry bill_n_sam and Child, I promised to get something up days ago and have singularly failed to do so. I'll do my best tonight but if time's winged chariot conspires against me, then Child by all means go ahead without me and I'll pick up from where you leave off.

And yes, fellow Borrim, dinner can be anytime that suits y'all, I'm easy....unlike dear Embla...
Old 11-26-2006, 11:42 AM   #258
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm sorry I haven't posted anything. RL appeared with a bang this last week or so!

Child, I'm fine with the meal being on the first day rather than the second. It will give me somewhere to start.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:47 PM   #259
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
As I suggested, I'm all for having the dinner on this day as I presume the negotiations will take time (RL)...
Old 11-27-2006, 03:23 AM   #260
Child of the 7th Age

To the Borrim,

Khandr's dinner invitation for this evening has gone winging out. Please let me know if you will attend.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #261
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

One attendance to Khandr's party confirmed...

And sorry you all local villagers. Fastarr's idea of the town is not very elevating, but that's just his view of it - of the part of the town known to him. I think he may be longing for home.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:16 PM   #262
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Are we having a vacation here?
Old 12-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #263
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Sorry, sorry. So much practice this week! Monday. I will have a post up Monday.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #264
Noinkling
Wight

Noinkling has just left Hobbiton.
SAVE filled.

piosenniel

I mentioned Falki as we discussed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bill_n_sam

Left a surprise for Mem from Granny!

Last edited by Noinkling; 12-03-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #265
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Anguirel, Mith, Celuien, and Captain, I have placed a short post. If no one can continue any time in the near future, let me know (or try to) and perhaps I can egg it on a little bit more.

-- Folwren
Old 12-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #266
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm really sorry about Embla's evaporation. I've barely had time to breathe in RL. I will try to get something up soon, I promise.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #267
Child of the 7th Age

Lalaith,

Outr timing is uncanny. At 11:06 CDT, you posted on the discussion thread for Embla while I was posting on the game thread for Briga!

Now, you definitely have something to write about, since Briga has shooed your character away from the door and told you to go polish cups.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #268
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

I hope that post wasn't too confusing. I thought it would work OK to cover the three scenarios with one post, instead of posting three separate ones. If that's too awkward, let me know and I can edit.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:36 PM   #269
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Folwren, I was going to ask for ashort Tathren post to be inserted but I can follow yours instead - thought I think Ang had better do the letter ..... but it will be tomorrow now

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 12-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #270
Child of the 7th Age

Fordim,

Your character may or may not agree to do what Briga has asked him. You'll just have to decide.

bill_n_sam-

The post looked good to me!
Old 12-07-2006, 02:21 AM   #271
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Back from Oxford me hearties...
Old 12-12-2006, 07:43 AM   #272
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Everyone, this is developing fabulously.

CaptainofDespair, could I approach Brodda with Drenda in the hall? There's currently no one else there with whom he can interact. He'd be interested in a chat with Brodda to fulfil his ambitions of rising in Uldor's service. PM me if you want to plan in more detail.

Ulfing party...would you mind if Gausen dropped by for a cup of tea?!?

Ulfang, Uldor & co plus Tathren...hoping to end this audience relatively quickly, so our characters can be free to have fun outside the hall. Can we come to a preliminary agreement soonish?

Finally, I'm in India from about the 21st Dec to the 2nd Jan. If other people have Christmas breaks perhaps a pause would be in order around then.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:52 AM   #273
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

Anguriel Gausen is more than welcome, although Gunna may have to quickly build a new wing onto her little house

As for me, I will be on vacation 12/22 to 1/2, so a break would be good for me. But if everyone else wants to keep on going, my characters can just be carried along.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #274
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Anguirel,

Drawing the audience to a close sounds fine. Durelin and I have been waiting paitently until Uldor could escape for a while and we could write some together...

But I can wait still longer. Take what time you need.

Have fun in India. (Do you like the food there?)

-- Folwren
Old 12-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #275
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Child: Feel free to post for the "dinner-party" as you feel it being the right time. I think it's better you start it. If I happen to have time I may try to post something for Fastarr before that, but the next days surely look busy enough...
Old 12-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #276
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
CaptainofDespair, could I approach Brodda with Drenda in the hall? There's currently no one else there with whom he can interact. He'd be interested in a chat with Brodda to fulfil his ambitions of rising in Uldor's service. PM me if you want to plan in more detail.

Ulfang, Uldor & co plus Tathren...hoping to end this audience relatively quickly, so our characters can be free to have fun outside the hall. Can we come to a preliminary agreement soonish?
Oh yes! Of course you may approach Brodda! I don't see a need to plan anything in great detail, however. Let me know what'd you like to do, and we'll 'wing it' from there.

As for Ulfang, I can certainly post an 'official' notice of acceptance of Caranthir's request for troops. If you'd prefer, as well, I could have Ulfang turn over the 'details' of the discussions to Uldor.

And that can have several implications.

On that note, I would like to inform everyone that I am leaving college tomorrow for the winter break. I will be able to post during the week, but on weekends I will most likely be unable to.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:00 AM   #277
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Sorry for being absent, but the last week has been crazy. . .I haven't had time to look through the thread, so I have no idea what is going on.

I don't think I will have the time before Sunday or Monday unfortunately. . .sorry.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:25 AM   #278
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

I am going to be gone starting Friday until January 2. As the little get together is going on at Gunna and Dag's house, please let me know if you need me to post anything to move that in any certain direction before I leave. Fordim If you have no objection, I will do a post tomorrow where Hunta steps inside briefly with Gunna, so as to carry the meat in for her, and then leaves in a hurry, not wanting to stay and take tea with a bunch of gossiping hens If you'd like for something different to happen, please let me know asap. Thanks
Old 12-19-2006, 11:59 AM   #279
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sadly for Hunta, but happily for me, our hero is under instruction from the Lord's wife to make some kind of contact with the people of this here village and try to find out what's going on. Although it will be painful for the poor fellow, he's going to try and keep up with the gossiping hens as best he can so he can report back what he hears.

To that end, could you have Hunta come in, introduce him round, offer him some tea (which he will accept) and then he can quietly retire to a corner where he will listen and (try to) chat. I'll get something up for him as soon as I can after you've done this. (I hope it's not too much that I'm asking for you do here -- could all easily be accomplished in just a couple of sentences and then you can go on with your post as normal.)
Old 12-19-2006, 12:06 PM   #280
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

That's fine Fordim. Poor Hunta indeed! I'll have something up by tomorrow.

EDIT: OK, Hunta is in the mix! Hope this works for everyone. Let me know if anything needs changing.

Last edited by bill_n_sam; 12-19-2006 at 01:22 PM.