The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #241
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Although it does seem a little silly to try and paint someone as evil based on a correct assumption. I suppose, though, if I'd been on Boro's side yesterday, a Bot-Kitanna would then be using that as "evidence" against me.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #242
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I know... I also assume Legate will be nightkilled if only to avoid the chance of me taking them with me. So I NEED BG to be the bot otherwise It's likely to come down to my vote and only one person wants that...

++BG
Old 01-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #243
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okay, I'm here (finally).

I'm just gonna say it right now - I'm not a wolf. Heck, my name is Blind Guardian not Bot Guardian.

Anywho, I voted G55 (sorry) yesterday, possibly out of sheer confusion, but mainly because of her constant contradictions in her posts and then saying that she was the S.E.E.R. I hoped at first she was the Ranger, but when Sally died, she became Hacker on my list. (I'm not sure what the Hunter does, I'm gonna go look at the roles again.)

No specific quotes from anyone right now. I need to eat dinner, and the I have to go help some friends build the Ark (from Halo) on Minecraft. I'll be back later tonight. Internet = horrible
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #244
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
(I'm not sure what the Hunter does, I'm gonna go look at the roles again.)
Picks someone he thinks is a bot and should the hunter be lynched or killed in the night he takes his choice down. At this point Morsul won't get to use this. As a village we no longer have a reason to lynch him since he revealed and G55 cleared him. And it's too risky for a bot to attack him just in case he pegged them.

++BG

If BG isn't evil I'll be shocked.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:44 AM   #245
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Dark-Eye

There's not much that I can say right now, but I've stayed up late reloading this forum and no one's posted...

Good night and good luck
Old 01-11-2014, 04:41 AM   #246
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Let us finish this, then, and

++BG

Just to be on the safe side.

Btw if I manage, I'd still like to post now some reviews of what were the interactions or what has been said by Kitanna about Boro, Shasta about Boro, and Boro about the two of them - if that might perchance point us in some direction.

And if BG is by some miracle still innocent, then well, need to hire some netrunners next time...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:12 AM   #247
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen

Voting so far:

Morsul --> BG
Kit --> BG
Legate --> BG

Left to vote: Shasta, BG.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:59 AM   #248
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Warning: Huge List Ahead

Okay, this is only for further reference. Especially if I am dead toMorrow, thus trying to contribute as much as I can - with the hope that it is a positive contribution.

All of that of course only in case BG isn't the remaning Bot. It would be nice if she were, even though it would mean I did all this for naught, but never mind.

So, I tried to look at what Boro said about Shasta, what Boro said about Kit, what Shasta said about Boro and what Kit said about Boro...

Boro really did not say much about either of them. Most of his comments about Shasta are only in the context of the fact that Morsul voted him (so there are things such as "Morsul's vote for Shasta..."), with nothing much conclusive around it. But relatively speaking, he posts very little in general and does not mention lots of people at all, so there is no evidence. I think we can conclude that if Shasta or Kitanna is a Wolf, Boro has well avoided mentioning him/her, but we have no way telling which one.

This is basically the only direct reaction we have, and that comes only after both the Seer reveals yesterDay:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Shasta you just botched the vote terribly. I'm not a wolf. Neither is G55. Definitely don't lynch me, but we can't lynch G55 either. We need a bot. I'm telling you that one of them is Legate. Read through the events again, Morsul reveals he's the hunter, and only then does G55 says "I protected you because I knew all along" the real spammer she's protecting is Legate. So, either you just can't waste your time to read and blundered, or you're a spammer with Legate realizing now you can push the lynch onto me and win it if you get another innocent lynched. Kill either Kitanna or BG, and then with your hacker, G55, win it the next day.

I have to go to sleep now, will be back before the DL. I just plead for people to know Shasta's math is wrong. We need a wolf today. And carefully read through the events today to see I'm telling the truth about Legate and G55.
So maybe if that's a way to try to distance himself from a Wolf-buddy...

Kitanna is not mentioned by Boro at all. That's also a way to distance oneself from a Wolf-buddy, though, and a pretty safe one.

Now, on to what Shasta said about Boro. Already on the first Day, we have a funny comment at the situation when Rune, BG and Morsul have 2 votes and Boro has 1 vote and Shasta is about to decide whom he should vote himself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Voting Boro would give me a bit of a chuckle, but I'm not that much of an anarchist at present. The responsible thing to do would be to vote and break the tie in favor of lynching the most suspicious of Rune, BG, and Morsul. Trouble is, they all look innocent. Except BG, but that's because she hasn't been here to look like much of anything. I'd really like to vote Sally, honestly - I can't remember ever seeing an innocent Sally go after the absent player (keep in mind it's late and I'm tired and haven't played in forever) but it's really a moot point in any case since is rather not split the vote any farther.

Very well. I'm uncomfortable voting for BG now that she's shown up (but I had better see some participation tomorrow!) and of Morsul and Rune, I've seen more from Moraul that was even remotely radar-pinging, so:

++Morsul
Dodging the possibility to vote for a packmate, and widening the gap, thus making sure Boro is safe? (In fact, *I* would have considered - and I may have even said so - voting for Boro, exactly had there not been that gap created by Shasta's vote. Three votes is too much to beat from one, given the size of village, and that's how I ended up voting Rune.)

The next thing that could be at least somehow relevant is much later, Shasta reacting to Boro's Seer-reveal yesterDay:
Quote:
And now Boro has claimed Seer. I think I'm still going to have to go with G55, though. The bots basically have to counter the Seer at this point in the game - and besides that, now we know one of G55 and Boro is a wolf. Which means we haven't lost quite yet - if we do pick wrong today (I don't think we're going to, but the possibility is there) we ought to have one more shot tomorrow, unless I'm doing my math wrong.

++Boro
It was fast reaction, true. The funny part is... was Boro's reveal really necessary at that point? I think it was the other Wolf's duty to throw Boro under the bus once he revealed - almost clearly... So that does not tell us much. Really I just keep thinking more and more about the question - why did Boro reveal in the first place? He really did not have to, since G55 claimed she did not dream of any Wolves.

But I find it quite possible that it was all an orchestrated self-sacrifice of a Wolf to make the other packmate look good, and in that case, Boro's reveal would make sense in that light, and Shasta's reaction could then have been a really fast reaction to get rid of a fellow Wolf. Of course one can ask, would the Wolf really act so fast? But I can imagine one does not really have much choice. If Shasta had been doubting and debating whether Boro is lying or not, the next Day everyone would have accused him of being indecisive in order to try to save Boro if it were still possible. So that comes back to the original idea, it would make sense for Wolf-Shasta to be decisive and get rid of a packmate without any doubts, just like he did.

Explanations of the action to G55, and the second one to Boro:
Quote:
That's true, in the technical sense. However, we have one of your dreams being Morsul, who came out as the Hunter before you mentioned dreaming him, which is a point in your favor as far as I'm concerned - and on the other end of the spectrum we have BG who is tooth-and-nail defending Boro, the other Seer claim. I don't recall if she's been a Cobbler before, but I could definitely see her actions being those of a first-time Cobbler desperately throwing her lot in with someone she believes is a wolf.
Quote:
In the situation we're in, if you truly are the real Seer, you should have countered the instant G55 revealed as the Seer. We had no reason not to believe G55 - we're at the point in the game where the Seer basically has to come forward with information, so saying you were trying to avoid being drawn out by the Hacker is silly.
I can imagine Shasta-wolf saying that and making himself seem reasonable, also when talking to a packmate (the second quoted post).

And just a remark from toDay:
Quote:
Although it does seem a little silly to try and paint someone as evil based on a correct assumption. I suppose, though, if I'd been on Boro's side yesterday, a Bot-Kitanna would then be using that as "evidence" against me.
This is nothing against nothing, of course. These are all logical conclusions. But note the same train of thought of what I had just mentioned above: might actually reflect Shasta's actual way of thinking yesterDay - "I have to throw Boro under to bus decisively, because if not, people will use it as evidence against me...".

But that's it. Overall, Shasta posts very little. The thing is, so did Boro, which would explain the somehow little effectivity of their impact on the game thread (as it seems to me, in terms of not wreaking much greater confusion among villagers as I would have expected from a team of such seasoned players. If Kitanna is the other Wolf, the situation would be opposite, because she's been pretty active and managed to, as far as I am concerned, look pretty genuine - so that'd speak of really good job from the Wolf-team of covering their tracks.)

So, on to Kit. She posted a lot, but not very much was directly related to Boro. One, to react to Boro on the Day he hasn't voted, when he later said "oh btw if I had been around, I would have voted for..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a bowl of granola.
Not very conclusive... However, the same post continues with (very early in the game!) analysis of the possibility of why was Zil killed, and there Boro is mentioned. The post ends with this about Zil's death:
Quote:
1) He was killed by bots he didn't mention so as to lead a path to those he did (G55 and Boro specifically) This leaves most of village liable.
2) G55 or Boro or both are bots and thought Zil was seer. Now having been subjected to both of them as baddies I don't know if they'd be so careless as to attack Zil like that given the trail leads to directly to them.
I'd say theory one is more believable. Zil mentioned very few people and those he did were mostly offhand remarks, banter, or flimsy suspcions based on little information.
Looks to me like pretty early to accuse a fellow packmate! Thus more inclined that Kit looks better because of that...

Quote:
While I don't disagree with Boro about potential merits of lynching a hacker I still don't think it's advisable. Especially in a small village. Every body counts in stopping a bot victory.
Disagreeing with Boro - not sure what to make of that, but... She was being inconclusive about him later, too:
Quote:
Boro, Lottie, Legate: No idea. With the exception of Boro's post about the hacker lynching none have said anything that stood out.
And then reaction to Boro's reveal:
Quote:
Didn't you once false reveal as the ranger and get the real ranger lynched? Thus meaning reveals must now always be taken with a grain of salt since there's baddies everywhere.
Similar thing.

Quote:
A staged performance perhaps? Something Boro and Shasta cooked up in the night to deflect suspcion?
And then this - but the same thing as Shasta's today post, it's a logical conclusion that offers itself.

Oops, deadline, gotta work fast, so summing up:

Overall, I think Kitanna looks better MAINLY because of her early (the first thing I quote) mention of Boro's possible involvement in Zil's death. Also overall she looks better. So personally I think Shasta is the more likely to be the Bot we are looking for.

Oops, deadline. So, if BG is not the Bot, then whoever is alove, vote toMorrow well...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #249
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.

Blind Guardian has been lynched. She was an ordinary cyber-slave.

Just kidding. She was the Hacker. Narration to follow.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #250
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hahaa, now I am laughing at myself for posting such huge thing on :59. Well, it's typical me. Good Night, village!

Read the last few sentences of my previous post, if nothing else

EDIT: sorry, x-ed with the Moddess
Old 01-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #251
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

It seemed their captors had mined enough data for the microsecond, for that day the Downers were put to work diverting the course of a river of gushing radiance- an input/output stream. Gruelling though their task was, the slaves worked at it readily, waiting for a spare moment to attend to the real business of the day.

None of them had forgotten the way Blind Guardian, alone of the group, had refused to believe S.E.E.R. or take part in dismantling tomtom's brain. All agreed she must be an enemy of some kind- the question was, what?

"Clearly the Hacker," Shasta declared. "So the last bot is either Lottie or Kitanna."

Someone- no-one was quite sure who- whispered, "Lottie's dead..."

"Well, Kitanna, then."

"You mean Shasta," said Kitanna.

"Nah, I've got you down as the Hacker," said Morsul, "and BG's a bot pretending to be a hacker."

"Probably," Kitanna agreed. "Or she could be a hacker pretending to be a bot pretending to be a hacker. Or a bot pretending to be a hacker pretending to be a bot pretending to be a hacker. Or a hacker-"

"Why are you doing this to me?" Blind Guardian wailed. "I'm not a bot. My name's Blind Guardian, not Bot Guardian."

"Let us finish this," said Legate, and pushed her into the stream. There was a tremendous splash.

"Help!" cried Blind Guardian, treading data. "Help me, lucyyenic! I don't know which you are, but I'm on your side! I could be useful to you. I can hack my way into any database! No firewall can keep me out! Please, all I ever wanted was to become post-human- to be one of you. Lucy, please...,"

But Lucy, whichever of the four she really was, looked on with the impassivity of a true AI. With a final shriek of despair, Blind Guardian was swept under by the current.

Living
Legate
Kitanna
Morsul the Dark
Shasta

Dead
Coppermirror, Lommy– seized by Adult Friend Finder.
Nerwen, Aganzir– poisoned by webcrawlers.
Rune– lashed to death with overseer-bot’s light whip. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)
Inziladun– ICE pick to the head. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)
Sally– pushed down a data-mineshaft. (R.A.N.G.E.R.)
Lottie- rubbed out. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)
Boro- brain unplugged. (tomtom.)
Galadriel55- incinerated by firewall. (S.E.E.R.)
Blind Guardian- drowned in I/O stream. (The Hacker.)
Old 01-12-2014, 06:06 AM   #252
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Legate had resigned himself to death, but nonetheless he was startled when lucyyenic came into his cell bearing a large hypodermic syringe.

"What's that for?" he asked uneasily.

Lucy jabbed him in the arm.

"Ow, that hurt!"

"It's meant to," said the bot smugly. "I wrote it myself."

Legate hugged himself, shivering. The illusion of chills racing up and down his limbs was all too convincing, as was the burning sensation that followed, and the racking pains that came after that- as his virtual self slowly crumbled into a pile of glowing ash.

"Now that's a virus," said Lucy.

Living
Kitanna
Morsul the Dark
Shasta

Dead
Legate of Amon Lanc- caught a virus. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)

Day 5 has begun.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:16 AM   #253
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
GOing to make a relatively long post no one vote until then.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:25 AM   #254
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well well well...

So it's come down to this. Shasta can vote Kitanna, Kitanna can vote Shasta, then I have to be the tiebreaker. I have to say Ifigured this was the only outcome on Thursday or Friday and was mortified.

Then I realized this can be lots of fun for me. I know who I'm choosing, but here's the catch I'm not voting for my pick. I made my pick my target and will be voting myself.

Think about it this is WW history, The game is almost impossible to end with less than two people, because if it comes down to three you have either two innocents vote a wolf so two innocents are left or one wrong move and suddenly it's one wolf one innocent.

we have me. Imagine a lone innocent in th village or a spammer all by their lonesome, I didn't look at every game in WW history(there being so many) but I can guarantee if it's happened it's not more than twice it's almost mathematically impossible with the way the game is set up.

So I invite you two to make history with me. Whether the village wins or loses, the game will certainly have a unique ending.

++Morsul

And an appropriate song
Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #255
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post

Then I realized this can be lots of fun for me. I know who I'm choosing, but here's the catch I'm not voting for my pick. I made my pick my target and will be voting myself.

Think about it this is WW history, The game is almost impossible to end with less than two people, because if it comes down to three you have either two innocents vote a wolf so two innocents are left or one wrong move and suddenly it's one wolf one innocent.
]
You know I don't even care who wins or loses anymore since the last days have been insane. I'd rather risk me being your pick and see this village turn into Highlander.(there can be only one) plus I'm always up for making WW history.

++Morsul
Old 01-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #256
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Dark-Eye

"WW history nothing," whispered the spectral voice. "Don't you know you're playing in a game modded by the sole survivor of the Great Werewolf Massacre of 2010? Nine players lynched at once! Now THAT'S WW history!"

Old 01-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #257
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Now I have to find that game...

EDIT: What did I just read? That was insane....

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 01-12-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:28 PM   #258
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I remember that.

++Morsul
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 01-12-2014, 04:24 PM   #259
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Vote tally

Morsul(3)

Woot
Old 01-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #260
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Vote tally

Morsul(3)

Woot
I await the results with bated breath.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:18 AM   #261
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Morsul, or rather H.U.N.T.E.R., let Shasta and Kitanna out of their cells.

"Egad! No bondage?" said Kitanna.

"Er- no, doesn't seem much point," said H.U.N.T.E.R. "So it's come down to this: I know each of you is going to accuse the other of being a spambot, and expect me to judge between you. The trouble is, I'm only a beta version. My software just doesn't discriminate well between friend and foe. So I've got a surprise for you. I'm going to press this button," he indicated a knob behind his ear, "and hope for the best. The result won't disappoint you."

"Won't it now?" said Kitanna mockingly.

"What's the button for?" Shasta enquired.

"Oh, that activates my self-destruction subroutine. I'll blow myself to smithereens. But you wanted to hear the really fun part."

"I did, did I?" said Kitanna.

"The fun part is, I'll take my target with me! Leaving only one person alive: the winner!" The security program laughed heartily.

"My beloved always did have a peculiar sense of humour," Shasta muttered under his breath. Aloud he asked, "So which of us is your target?"

"Ah," said H.U.N.T.E.R. "That'll be the surprise!"

Immediately he pressed the button his aspect changed, his formerly cheerful face now set in an expression of implacable ferocity.

"Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate," chanted the bot as he advanced upon Shasta.

"Cigar? Toss it in a can. It is so tragic!" Kitanna remarked cryptically.

"Wait, you got it all wrong!" said Shasta. "I'm just a human- it's Kit you want. She's the one talking in palindromes. Get her!"

But H.U.N.T.E.R. was now beyond reason. Relentlessly he pursued Shasta, and soon caught him in a vice-like grip.

"Let me go! I tell you, you've picked the wrong pers-"

The explosion was heard throughout the server.

When the smoke cleared, all that was left was the solitary figure of Kitanna.

At first she just stood there, disbelieving. Then, as understanding seeped into her stunned mind, she began to dance.

Faster and faster Kitanna whirled, and as she whirled she changed. Her body became round and black, sprouting jointed legs that took up the steps of her dance, and clustered eyes that shone with triumph.

"Now I won!" Lucyyenic declared.

And there was much rejoicing throughout the length and breadth of the spambot empire. While some AIs regretted the loss of their cyber-slaves, all agreed that the humans posed much more of a threat than they had suspected. Lucyyenic was proclaimed the Palindromic Princess of Cyberspace, and armed with the knowledge she and tomtom had gained, the spambots went forth to conquer the internet.

Living
Kitanna. (Lucyyenic.)

Dead
Legate of Amon Lanc- caught a virus. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)
Morsul the Dark- self-destructed. (H.U.N.T.E.R.)
Shastanis Althreduin- blown up by self-destructing H.U.N.T.E.R. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)

GAME OVER.

SPAMBOTS WIN.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #262
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom tom View Post
yay! go lucy! go spambots!
Your victory is temporary, you cyberspace fiend!

Well, I hate to see that! I was hoping to be avenged indeed for my untimely demise. Looks like a good job by the 'bots. Nice to see I nailed Boro by my first vote, anyway. Was I thought to be the S.E.E.R because of that? I was semi-trying to look like it, to draw attention away from the actual one.

We'll get 'em next time, village.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #263
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post

Well, I hate to see that! I was hoping to be avenged indeed for my untimely demise. Looks like a good job by the 'bots. Nice to see I nailed Boro by my first vote, anyway. Was I thought to be the S.E.E.R because of that? I was semi-trying to look like it, to draw attention away from the actual one.
I actually thought you might be since your reasoning against Boro was so flimsy.

I was surprised to see Morsul took Shasta down in the end. I honestly thought it would be me and Shasta would be the lone survivor. Though I'm certainly not complaining about it.

I'm glad I could take part in this game. Thank you to everyone for making this so much fun (my life has been severely lacking in WW for months.) And thanks to Nerwin for modding this.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #264
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I keep having to delete everything I type because it's coming out too snarky.

Good game Kit/Boro/BG/Sally (honorary traitor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
I was surprised to see Morsul took Shasta down in the end.
I wasn't.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #265
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This was definitely a very interesting game to watch! Thank you everybody for providing entertainment for my otherwise a little bit duller but even so not very dull workdays!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #266
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Fantastic job Kit and BG.

I felt bad most of the time because my usefulness during the day and night wasn't very good. I might have sent a total of 3 messages to Kitanna....and I know the last one before G55's reveal was "I feel confident to day BG, G55, and Morsul are NOT the seer." And limitted it down to Lottie or Legate. Went with Lottie because she was doing her submarining-getting-gifted-feeling Lottie.

Then hindsight bias slapped me in the face with G55's reveal, because I've pulled that same, acting cobblery when you're the seer. It's rather perfect seer strategy when there is a cobbler as well.

Night 1 there was added temptation to off G55 early, because Nerwen informed us the hacker was cursed and would be switched if we nightkilled him/her. But we went with Inzil. I didn't think he was the seer, because I would have imagined he would have been more subtle maybe not even voted for me. I mean, my WW-playing life is a like a broken record...after a few days people want to lynch me regardless, so historically seers let me have fun for a few days, see if I give any leads to partners and then decide to out me if they have to reveal. I sent to Nerwen something like "Doubt he's the seer, but he's going to be a pain no matter what, and we don't want any pains."

Night 2, Kit said she thought Morsul was the hunter and either G55 or BG were the hacker. I said, I think I can stir the pot between Morsul and Shasta more, and I was more worried about Lottie being a cautious and quiet seer, who like sally expressed anger by all the gifted seer hinting.

Then G55 reveals and sort of spoils those plans. I see the writing on the wall that amongst the unknowns, I'm probably the one who was going to get lynched. And thought maybe a last ditch effort to act like the hacker and thus make people less willing to lynch me would do the trick, since we didn't have to worry about G55 being protected. And to try to keep the cursed hacker (now abundantly clear it was BG) alive for Kit to change over.

Fantastic game concept and narrations Nerwen!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #267
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

WE WON WE WON! Epic game people! Really surprised Kit was the other bot!
Old 01-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #268
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Well, maybe I just am.

Unfortunately, I have no wolves to offer you. What I can give you is names of people not to lynch.
I knew it! Day 1, I said, "I bet she's the Seer pretending to be the Hacker...better insist as loudly as I can that she's the Hacker!" and I was right! Ha!

In other news, brilliantly played Kit - I never really suspected you until after my death.

General apologies for not being able to participate more. I seriously underestimated how much time classes were going to take up. Good game, though! Can't wait for the next one.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #269
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I actually thought you might be since your reasoning against Boro was so flimsy.

I was surprised to see Morsul took Shasta down in the end. I honestly thought it would be me and Shasta would be the lone survivor. Though I'm certainly not complaining about it.

I'm glad I could take part in this game. Thank you to everyone for making this so much fun (my life has been severely lacking in WW for months.) And thanks to Nerwin for modding this.
I actually had as my target the night before you were saved by a technicality
Old 01-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #270
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Good game Kit/Boro/BG/Sally (honorary traitor).
Hey, I was on y'all's side until you killed me. And whose fault was that, my darling? I think you'll find the real traitor here was....well, it was BG, really, but let's not bother with technicalities.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #271
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Looks like tom got bombed. Pity, that.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #272
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
SPAMBOTS WIN.[/B]
Well, hopefully at least that won't be true in RL!

Well done, wolves! That was very well and tactically played!

Quote:
and I know the last one before G55's reveal was "I feel confident to day BG, G55, and Morsul are NOT the seer."
At least my cover worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
WE WON WE WON! Epic game people! Really surprised Kit was the other bot!
I wasn't. A very brilliant thought came into my mind just as I was being burned by that firewall - Boro would not throw himself under the wagon (or the bus) unless his mate was still unseen and out of danger. That would put BG out of the picture (aside from the fact that she was quite obviously the cobbler by the end), and I just happened to dream Shasta. I wanted to scream NO, STUPID VILLAGE!, but I reaized I was no better for when I was still alive and I would probably be no better had I continued living.

In other words, nice one village, and well played to the wolves! And even if we lost, how many times was there a solitary wolf after endgame? WW history it is!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #273
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

SO what we're saying is had I voted I would've won because I would have vote Kit...

I'll get you next time gadget, next time....
Old 01-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #274
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:

In other words, nice one village, and well played to the wolves! And even if we lost, how many times was there a solitary wolf after endgame? WW history it is!
The real question is what is a bot to do all by herself? I suppose I should find some adult friends to help repopulate the village.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #275
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Botanna: As always, a stellar performance, darling! It was lovely to bicker with you again, though said bickering rather tipped me off that you were more artificial than intelligent (which is impressive, considering how cleverly you played this game). You were at the top of your very bloody game and you truly deserved the win here. ++Kudos!

BG: A hacker you were indeed, and you served your purpose well. An excellent (if not terribly nuanced) performance, young Miss. Congratulations on your lynch, as yours is really the only scenario in which it's okay to say so.

Boro: My sweet prince, how could you? Sadly your shenanigans were cut short, but you did quite well, and you put up a brave front against a seer reveal. As always, good show, you clever boy.

Gal: A bold play indeed, Ma'am! I'm sorry I wasn't around to extend your gift, but you did quite well on your own, and at least you made Kit's last Day or two interesting. Well done, and of course lovely to play with you again.

Legate: Terribly sorry I suspected you, lovely. Your words re: Rune didn't sit right with me and I just sort of ran with it from there, not wanting to rush to judgement (again) on Morsul. You played a good game and, as always, it was wonderful to play with you again, even for a short spell.

Rune and Dun: It was a pity you lads had to leave us so early. Dun, I actually considered saving you on the first Night, but opted to protect Morsul instead for some reason. My condolences to you both.

All the other innocents: Well done, all! The bots were simply too tricksy, but you all played a solid game and did your best against the pesky beasts. Just, um, next time don't lynch me in my sleep, okay? It's as much my fault as it is anyone else's, given that I couldn't return before DL, but this is only the second time I've been a ranger ever and I didn't even get to do anything. Still, a wonderful experience. It's been too long since we've played! We must do it again soon.

Botwen the Modbot (and her sultry co-bottess, Agan): A fantastic game, my dear! The narrations were amusing and the concept was fabulous. I thoroughly enjoyed the game both prior to my death and after the wretched event. As always, a joy to play in your game.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:59 AM   #276
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I felt bad most of the time because my usefulness during the day and night wasn't very good. I might have sent a total of 3 messages to Kitanna....and I know the last one before G55's reveal was "I feel confident to day BG, G55, and Morsul are NOT the seer." And limitted it down to Lottie or Legate. Went with Lottie because she was doing her submarining-getting-gifted-feeling Lottie.
That's absolutely typical way of things. I get the feeling this happens really often. So no need to worry about that, Boro.

Did you have any specific reasons why you thought I might be Gifted?

And as for your reveal, so the reasons for it were that you thought you might go anyway, and wanted to create some confusion? I am just wondering if it would have been possible for you to still survive... personally, I was inclined to vote you (in fact, already the Day before), and I know there were others, but would enough people have shared the idea? Then again, it ultimately worked, so you certainly can't say your sacrifice was in vain...

Quote:
Well, hopefully at least that won't be true in RL!

Well done, wolves! That was very well and tactically played!
Just so, just so! I must say, from my part, Kitanna really managed to stay on the "innocent-looking" list all the time and were it up to me, I'd have voted Shasta (sorry, pal, for suspecting you!). I really call this a good performance from a Wolf, and a deserved victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
At least my cover worked.
Certainly did. I was quite convinced, throughout the game, that you have some special role, but I was hovering between Cobbler and Hunter, Seer crossed my mind only shortly. And were it not for Boro's reveal, I could have still suspected you of being a Cobbler. Definitely good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Couple of times it happened. But not that often, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Legate: Terribly sorry I suspected you, lovely. Your words re: Rune didn't sit right with me and I just sort of ran with it from there, not wanting to rush to judgement (again) on Morsul. You played a good game and, as always, it was wonderful to play with you again, even for a short spell.
And likewise so sorry to have voted you... even though it was given by circumstances, mostly. (Really, during the first two Days, I practically had to vote people who already had votes, then in the next two Days I was voting for practically clear Wolves/Hackers... Talk about free will!) It really was such a total fail to vote you, of all people, and I am sure the village could have also done much more had you been still around. Well, hope next time it's going to be better!

But in conclusion, your Highness! Thanks to the Moddess (and to the co-Moddess) for really enjoyable game, despite losing, this was a good game and not only because it was after such a long time of no WW, but also because the theme was fun, the game itself was fun and balanced (no awkward roles or role-changes in the course of the game), people played well on all sides and it was nice.

I will let people talk about this game for a while still (because it really deserves it) and then I am going to ask when's next
Old 01-14-2014, 06:34 AM   #277
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Noteworthy things about the game:

A lone wolf victor. Nuff said.

I said point-blank that I am the Seer and no one cared.

The Night I dreamt Inzil I almost dreamt Kit, and the Night I dreamt Legate I almost dreamt Boro.

We lynch a ranger.

The hunter commits suicide.

The list goes on, I just have to go to school now. You guys continue it.