Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2004, 03:45 PM   #401
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thanks for all that research, Pio! What with our list of characters, both allies and enemies, growing longer all the time, that's very helpful!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 08-26-2004, 04:13 PM   #402
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Pio,

Your historian friend who can't keep her characters straight truly thanks you!

I will print it out and keep it handy. If and when other characters are added, let's try to keep it updated.

Tehe....Aiwendil is listed as an "odd and assorted character". I definitely knew he was odd, but had never heard that he was "assorted"!
Old 08-26-2004, 04:19 PM   #403
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Will do!

And if anyone sees something missing - or adds a new character or place - please alert me.

By the way - where exactly is the maenwaith city in relation to the Bay of Umbar (if you can tell me in reference to the map I've provided that would be great).

Aiwendil is a bit odd and by the end of the game I hope to have him sorted out at least as far a Rog's understanding of him.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 08-26-2004, 04:44 PM   #404
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril Maenwaith City

If I remember rightly, we decided that the city Wyrma is building is east of the Havens of Umbar, though we didn't choose a precise location or distance.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 08-27-2004, 06:44 AM   #405
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
On the Term Meldakhar

Just a quick and belated note to say that the term Meldakhar, meaning ‘dear lady’, is a term of affection rather than I title, so on Ayar’s death I do not know if it will carry on to Narika or not, but certainly would not be used for Thorn.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:27 AM   #406
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Quote:
If you just want to go into Ayar's tent and quietly say goodbye to a dying woman who is unconscious, you could go ahead and do that now by putting up the saves.
Thanks Child, I think a quiet goodbye would be best. I have added a save to my last post so it comes directly after Ealasaide's for Fador. I will move Kor and Hasrims posts once the Meldakhar has died.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:20 AM   #407
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I will be out of pocket from tomorrow through friday, as i will be in Tallahasee before the Florida Supreme Court. While I might be able to check threads, I will not have time to post.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:53 PM   #408
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Update on Fador

Okay... aforementioned discussion with Hilde degenerated (briefly) into an internet slap-fight so the Profile is not forthcoming after all. I will continue to work on that, but I will have my Save filled by THIS Wednesday at the latest. I will do my best to get it done tomorrow (Tuesday) ... if I don't actually have to work while I am at work.

(BTW - I'm joking about the slap-fight )

Good luck in Tallahassee, Mithadan! I hope it goes well.

Pio - Thanks for the MARVELOUS list. I had been struggling trying to keep all the Maenwaith straight. That helps a lot.

Last edited by Ealasaide; 08-30-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:37 PM   #409
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

I'm glad you were joking Ealasaide! For a rather long hour or so I thought I had entered an episode of 'The Twilight Zone'.

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 08-30-2004 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:50 PM   #410
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sorry, Hilde. I always forget that a sarcastic sense of humor is only sarcastic in print... the humor gets lost in translation. It gets me into trouble all the time.

Anyway, the bottom line is that I am still working on Fador.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:36 AM   #411
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

No problem Ealasaide, and I'm much obliged for your taking up the character!

EDIT: Please note that a few changes have been made to post #276 to reflect that the Wolf clan has been associated with the Wyrms for a longer time than I had originally thought. (And also to fix an annoying spelling mistake! )

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 08-31-2004 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #412
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Palantir-Green

Well, allrighty, then - I have finally filled my Save #277! Fador is up & running!

Also, I seem to be right in the track of yet another oncoming hurricane. This time it is Hurricane Frances. She's not due to strike my location until sometime on Saturday, but, as before, if I disappear for a while after that, it is due to the storm. I was lucky last time & never lost power, while some of my family were without power or phone for over a week. Frances looks to be "bigger n badder" than Charley was, so I hope my luck holds!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:08 AM   #413
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Wyrma's plan has been executed - as have, possibly, some of Falasmir's soldiers and/or servants... (Is he sounding too much like the Queen of Hearts?! "Off with their heads!")
Old 09-06-2004, 06:44 AM   #414
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Pio many thanks for the list of the cast of characters. It is very helpful.

I did though want to mention though, that Surinen's relationship with Fador and Latah is not quite as close at it appears there.

Fador is Surinen's mother's cousin, so that would make Fador Surinen's first cousin once removed (though he calls him his Uncle out of respect).

Latah is Surinen's second cousin.

I don't know if you want to change the designation on the chart, but did want to clarify things a bit. In hind sight it probably was not a wise move to have them written this way, but it seemed to shape itself.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:58 AM   #415
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Edited character list as noted above.

~*~ Pio
Old 09-06-2004, 11:56 AM   #416
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thank you Pio.
Quote:
In hind sight it probably was not a wise move to have them written this way, but it seemed to shape itself.
I meant to say that it wasn't a wise move on my part to make it so complicated.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:44 PM   #417
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Cami

Please check your email - your PM's are full.

~*~ Pio
Old 09-08-2004, 11:09 PM   #418
Child of the 7th Age

Pio and everyone else,

Serves me right! Now I get one of those notices about pms, which I have frequently dumped on so many other heads.

I will get with you shortly on the contents of your e-mail.

But what the hay.....at least we finally killed Ayar off. When Mithadan and I first discussed her death, we thought it would happen very soon and would be a way to ease us into some early action.

Who knew that the woman would hang on so long? Now I know where Ráma gets her stubborn nature!

Oh, yes, Hilde and Nerindel , please check your pms too...

Cami
Old 09-09-2004, 05:53 AM   #419
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Child, read your PM's and will try to respond to it over lunch. (Hmm..I wonder if that could be considered a business lunch? )

Thanks Pio, for adding Surinen's post to #283.

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 09-09-2004 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #420
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

The Days of Mourning

With the death of the Eagle’s leader, it has come time for a ritual to ease the transition for both Ayar and her clan/family. The scene is one of mourning, but keep in mind death is not fearful to them, but rather considered a final transformation.

The proposed rites to follow this death are outlined below, though they are certainly open for discussion. We had thought that days 2 and 3 might be covered rapidly as extended narrative posts to advance the time frame (if everyone is agreeable). Days 1 and 4 could be dealt with in more detail. Does this sound practical for everyone?

The day of the death:
-A small pot of water would be placed outside the tent were Ayar died.
-A high bier would be constructed outside the camp and Ayar’s body washed.
-Thorn would carry Ayar to the bier and place her on it, followed by Ráma and Narika, and then the rest of the clan.
-Narika and Ráma would arrange their mother to be comfortably facing west.
-All remaining possessions belonging to Ayar would be burned in front of her body at sunset, so that nothing might keep her from flying free of her body.
-The clan would join in songs to encourage Ayar to leave for the west, and assuring her that they will be all right.
-A smoky fire is kept near the body, for the next few days.

Day 2:
-At sunset the clan would gather again to sing this time in camp, once more encouraging Ayar to leave as well as recounting tales of her ancestors.

Day 3:
-The body is burned and the remains buried.
-At sunset again the clan would gather in camp singing about the ancestors and adding a new song about Ayar.

Day 4:
- The pot of water is symbolically upturned by family members, and the clan is now free to move on.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:26 PM   #421
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Cami

Dig out Fonstad, my dear Rama, and look at page 53 - where on there is the present Eagle camp?

~*~ Pio
Old 09-09-2004, 10:43 PM   #422
Child of the 7th Age

You are on dangerous ground when you ask Cami for geographical data. The last time one of the Shire founders took my advice about which way to go, their game wandered in circles for 32 days!

However, I may have an answer for you. Take a look on pages 38-39 in the atlas. I had carefully preserved a memo from the illustrious Piosenniel in my filing cabinet: She who is renowned for her geographical insights. Here is what Pio said in her e-mail about the location of the Eagles:

Quote:
Right now, the Eagle Clan is just south of the Largish word Umbar and near the foothills of the northern Grey Mountain chain.
This appears right to me. Pio is fairly reliable about these things, and I think we can rely on her insight.

~Cami
Old 09-09-2004, 11:47 PM   #423
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Ah, good! I thought that's where they were . . .

But you Eagles are flighty critters - I wasn't sure if you'ld pulled up your tent stakes and moved a bit . . .

Old 09-10-2004, 05:47 AM   #424
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

About Thorn

Better late than never I hope! Here is the Bio for Thorn.

Name: Thorn

Race: Man of the Maenwaith, Eagle clan

Appearance & Weapons:
Of middling height for one of the Maenwaith, Thorn has somewhat a comely demeanor, and his deep brown eyes betray little emotion. Tied back with a leather thong at the nape of his neck, his black hair falls in long waves between his shoulder blades. His hands also are long, but rough and calloused.

Thorn often wears traditional robes in muted colors, but prefers loose pants and a tunic, particularly when working with horses. His belt is an ornate strip of knotted leather, and hanging from it by a similarly worked cord, are a curved dagger in an unadorned sheath and a sword. A blank metal disk is ever present on a plain black string around his neck.

Personality:
Overall Thorn is a rather serious person. Skilled in weaponry and horsemanship, and after having lived in Umbar for sometime, he is tolerant of ‘outsiders’, less so than his sister, Yalisha, but weighing what he might learn from them to help his people.

History:
Thorn’s childhood was overshadowed by turmoil in the Eagle clan. In the years leading up to the War of the Ring, the Haradrim grew increasingly more warlike and brutal, and many of the clans of maenwaith chose to move further south at that time. But the eagle clan along with some others did not flee, forming rather, a network of alliances to defend against any Haradrim raids. This strategy they learned through bitter experience, did not protect them sufficiently. And so the Eagles moved, inhabiting the most marginal lands of the desert for two years. During this time their ranks dwindled, but when they emerged after the raids were no longer a threat, and the war in the north had become a part of the past, they flourished once more.

As a youth, Thorn was one of the children selected for further training in the customs and ancient ways of his people. Coming from a respected family who had been staunch supporters of Ayar and the leaders before her, he was following in his father’s path. For Thorn and Yalisha’s father had been expected to become an elder of the clan, but the hale man had succumbed to a virulent illness that swept through the encampment, leaving wife and children. Thorn felt set adrift after, missing his father’s company as acutely as his steady wisdom. Noticing the change in her brother, young Yalisha tried her best to console him. But though he cared greatly for his sister he grew to feel that they were they not only distant in age, but also outlook also.
It was not until Thorn became helper to Surinen, a young boy and servant of Thorn’s family, that he found his bearings. Stepping in after the boy’s designated teacher succumbed to the same illness that had taken his father, Thorn and Surinen encouraged each other, and the two became close friends.

Gaining also the confidence of Ayar, Thorn was proud to stand at her side during the last gathering of clans, and spent much of his spare time with the leader and her family. Realizing that he was growing close to Ayar’s young daughters, when the leader suggested to him that someone be sent to Umbar to glean what information they could, he volunteered to go. For though he felt protective of Ráma, as if he were an attentive brother, he became aware that his devotion to Narika ran much deeper.

Thorn spent a year homeless in Umbar, taking odd jobs. During that time he returned to the encampment frequently to visit Narika, and their affection for one another became evident. But after laying the groundwork, and through the help of friends he had made while in Umbar, he succeeded in securing a position as a horse trainer in Lord Falasmir’s stables. Since that time he had not returned home, until now.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:20 AM   #425
Child of the 7th Age

Hilde -

Thanks very much for that.

In my last post, I made reference to a naming ceremony that would shortly occur where Narika and Thorn would be named the new clan leaders. Ealasaide will be working on this post, and giving us a more concrete look at an Elder or two. So far, we've only known them generically! Many thanks in advance, Ealasaide!

~Cami
Old 09-11-2004, 03:08 AM   #426
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Cami

I was perusing one of the old pre-Star/Barrow Downs Birthday threads.

Came across your mention of that rather lengthy treatise and couldn't resist the urge to put it into a post!

~*~ Pio
Old 09-11-2004, 05:38 PM   #427
Child of the 7th Age

Oh, Pio.....that is sooooo funny. I have a vague memory of having Cami say this. It was a time when we were having many earnest discussions in Books about whether Frodo had actually accomplished his task and what sort of character was he. I remember defending Book Frodo from the charge of being a wimp!

But I can't find the original birthday thread. Can you give me any pointers or a link?

.......To tie this post into the RPG, let me add that anyone is welcome to post for their characters on the general atmosphere in camp and/or the grieving that is going on. You can use examples from the outline or anything you want as long as it doesn't contradict the outline.

Cami, author of many fine books
Old 09-11-2004, 09:48 PM   #428
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

I stumbled across it and can't refind it myself (despite using the search engine).

I know that Cami was distracting Mith with that particular volume (a purple bound tome, gilt edged, 2000 pages!), while Bird and Pio did something nefarious . . .

~*~ Pio
Old 09-15-2004, 07:34 AM   #429
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Thumbs up

Korpulfr's save #285 is finally filled.

and here is a brief outline of the members of the wolf clan.

Wolf Clan

Audúlfr -Father of Halfr, Grandfather to Kórpulfr. Audúlfr pledged an alliance with the Wyrm clan after they helped to save the wolf clan from extinction, but came to regret this decision when he realise what Wyrma’s true plans were. However before he could tell anyone of his fears, he became mysteriously ill eventually dying.

Halfr - (Age 52) Korpulfr’s father and Sorona’s husband. After losing his wife in the great Haradrim raids, he became mad with grief blaming the eagle clan, the Haradrim and anyone else who does not agree with his thirst for revenge, even his own father at one point!

Korpúlfr - (age 25) Halfr and Sorona’s only son. A prominent merchant of Umbar and a loyal member of his clan. (see Bio for more)

Hasrim - (Age 35) Wolf clan Warrior and Kor’s older cousin (Halfr‘s Sisters son). Hasrim lost his mother, father and both his sisters in the Haradrim raids and now brands anyone who will not stand and fight cowards. He believes in Wyrma’s ambitions and plans to be key figure in her new order. However, he keeps these ideals a closely guarded secret especially from his Cousin!

Asrim - (Age 30) Kor’s cousin (Halfr’s brother’s eldest son). Asrim is a merchant of Umbar, he looks after the business when Kor is away, he has adapted well to this way of life and enjoys being a respectable merchants and if forced to choose he would not return to the nomadic life of his ancestors. But he is a strong believer in choices and if he knew that Wyrma was forcing her people into the cities he would be against it, as a confident negotiator he does not hold with violence, but will defend himself or his people if he is called to do so or if left with no other option.

Jahr - (Age 17) Asrim’s younger brother and wolf clan messenger. Jahr loves his brother and looks up to both him and Kor. being young Jahr is not sure what he wants out of life, he often dreams of becoming a powerful merchant like his brother and his cousin. However, when in the city for to long he feels caged and trapped, feeling the call of the desert and the freedom it holds deeply.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:20 AM   #430
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

My SAVE for post #287 is now filled in.

~*~ Pio
Old 09-19-2004, 02:45 PM   #431
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sorry I have been so pokey. I will have my oldy-moldy Save filled in no later than tomorrow sometime. I am working on it! Really...honestly... I'm not a complete slacker!
Old 09-21-2004, 01:03 AM   #432
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

...winking apologies to Mith and Pio for (mis-)using your characters for parodic purposes here...
Old 09-21-2004, 01:42 AM   #433
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Esty

Have mercy! That was funny!

-----

Reading on:

. . . Ent Surprise . . . Cirkdan . . . gasp . . . choke . . . You dare to parody the holy of holies to an old Trekkie

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-21-2004 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:49 PM   #434
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Question

Child and/or Hilde - I'm almost finished with my "Meeting of the Elders" post and have hit a snag.

Is there a ceremony in which the leadership of the clan will be formally passed on to Narika & Thorn? Also, how does this ceremony (if there is one) and the wedding of Thorn and Narika fit into the timetable, considering the fact that the funeral is going to last four days?

Once I get this sorted out, I can finish my post. HELP!
Old 09-21-2004, 03:05 PM   #435
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

I would think that the wedding would happen immediately after the funeral, as planning for both should be progressing at the same time. The shifting of leadership should come directly after that. I imagine there might be a bit of a rush to fill the vacuum, but the two must be married, and that can't happen until Ayar is officially gone. After that things will be one right after the other. Does that sound about right Child? Can’t trust my memory these days!

Hope that that helps.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:36 PM   #436
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Thanks, Hilde, that helps quite a lot. My Save has been filled. I got a little carried away there, so if anyone needs anything changed, please let me know.

Per Child's request, here is a cast of the significant elders:

Fador - Chairman, so to speak, of the counsel of elders. Profile will show up eventually. (Sorry!)

Barakah - a widow, she is small and thin and very old, with bright dark brown eyes and flwoing white hair. Very traditional, she distrusts the Dragons, the Wolf clan and the outside world as a whole, believing that isolation is the key to the survival of the Eagles.

Dakarai - basically, he is Barakah's protector and supporter. He shares her views on isolation as the Eagles' best chance for survival. Of medium height and weight, he is of rather dour countenance and wears a full white beard.

Harith - a small, wizened old fellow with very few teeth. He spent a good bit of time in his youth interacting with the outside world as a trader. He misses the excitement of the city and would prefer that the tribe cast aside their traditions and move in a new direction. He speaks in a high-pitched quavering voice and loves to gamble. Cheats.

Muntaz - very fat and, motivated by an abiding interest in trade and commerce, would like to see the Eagles embrace new ideas and interact more with the outside world.

Hadya - Muntaz's younger sister and Fador's long-time mistress. A widow, she is a sweet and simple soul. Gray-haired and plump, she believes whatever Fador tells her she should believe. She is intensely loyal to Fador and frequently at odds with her brother, although she does agree with him that the Eagles should interact more with the outside world.

Not an elder:
Salihah - Barakah's granddaughter and the best friend and confidante of Fador's daughter, Latah. She is 19 nineteen years old, married, and the mother of a one-year-old child. She is rather plain, but good hearted and wise for her age. She harbors a very deep love and respect for her grandmother.

Last edited by Ealasaide; 09-21-2004 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:05 AM   #437
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Bringing this forward:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARACTER LIST – with a few places and other assorted things added on for ease of reference

~*~

GONDOR

-- Mithadan – Captain/The Lonely Star
-- Airefalas – First Mate/The Lonely Star
-- Avarlond – Airefalas brother
-- Lady Isabel - Airefalas’ fiancée
-- Saelon – Helm’s-man/The Lonely Star
-- Ardil – sailor/The Lonely Star
-- Duilin – sailor/The Lonely Star

-- Piosenniel
-- Cami, Isilmir, Gilwen – Pio and Mith’s children
-- Derylin – friend of Pio and Mith
-- Hester – Pio/Mith’s housekeeper-cook
-- Sinda – Pio’s horse/male

-- Baran the Beorning

-- Morien – Innkeeper/The Seventh Star Inn
-- Mirenin – serving-girl/The Seventh Star Inn

-- Faragaer – Captain/The Scuppered Gull
-- Haladan – First Mate/The Scuppered Gull

-- Tavar – Captain/The Windrunner whose crew is manning the Star’s return to Umbar

-- Hamar – First Mate/The Sandpiper/one of Elessar’s sailors sent to assist in the return of Mithadan and Airefalas

xxx Places/Things xxx

-- The Seventh Star Inn

-- The Lonely Star – Pio and Mith’s ship/renamed (see following entry)
-- The Sandpiper - Star renamed for rescue trip south/old ship which used to sail the coasts to Umbar
-- The Windrunner - Capt. Tavar's ship/crew is manning The Sandpiper

~*~

UMBAR

The Dragon Clan

-- Wyrma
-- Tinar - Wyrma’s youngest of four sons
-- Markal – Wyrma’s 1st son
-- Walat – Wyrma’s 2nd son, serves under Halfr/Wolf Clan
-- Kumat – Wyrma’s 3rd son
-- Elsta – Wyrma’s maid

-- Falasmir – ruler of Umbar
-- Galandor – Falasmir’s right hand man/Wyrma’s dalliance
-- Kalir – Falasmir’s servant
-- Raal, Mahal, Seft – Falasmir’s guards for the Gondorians

-- Musad and Nizar – odd jobbers for Wyrma
-- Wahid and Wasim – Wyrma’s would be, now dead, assassins of Elessar

The Wolf Clan

-- Audúlfr -Father of Halfr, Grandfather to Kórpulfr. Audúlfr pledged an alliance with the Wyrm clan after they helped to save the wolf clan from extinction, but came to regret this decision when he realise what Wyrma’s true plans were. However before he could tell anyone of his fears, he became mysteriously ill eventually dying.

-- Halfr - (Age 52) Korpulfr’s father and Sorona’s husband. After losing his wife in the great Haradrim raids, he became mad with grief blaming the eagle clan, the Haradrim and anyone else who does not agree with his thirst for revenge, even his own father at one point!

-- Korpúlfr - (age 25) Halfr and Sorona’s only son. A prominent merchant of Umbar and a loyal member of his clan. (see Bio for more)

-- Hasrim - (Age 35) Wolf clan Warrior and Kor’s older cousin (Halfr‘s Sisters son). Hasrim lost his mother, father and both his sisters in the Haradrim raids and now brands anyone who will not stand and fight cowards. He believes in Wyrma’s ambitions and plans to be key figure in her new order. However, he keeps these ideals a closely guarded secret especially from his Cousin!

-- Asrim - (Age 30) Kor’s cousin (Halfr’s brother’s eldest son). Asrim is a merchant of Umbar, he looks after the business when Kor is away, he has adapted well to this way of life and enjoys being a respectable merchants and if forced to choose he would not return to the nomadic life of his ancestors. But he is a strong believer in choices and if he knew that Wyrma was forcing her people into the cities he would be against it, as a confident negotiator he does not hold with violence, but will defend himself or his people if he is called to do so or if left with no other option.

-- Jahr - (Age 17) Asrim’s younger brother and wolf clan messenger. Jahr loves his brother and looks up to both him and Kor. being young Jahr is not sure what he wants out of life, he often dreams of becoming a powerful merchant like his brother and his cousin. However, when in the city for to long he feels caged and trapped, feeling the call of the desert and the freedom it holds deeply.

xxx Places/Things xxx

-- The Cat’s Paw Inn
-- Wyrma’s maenwaith city/under construction - east of the Havens of Umbar

~*~

THE DESERT

The Eagle Clan

-- Rama
-- Narika – Rama’s twin
-- Ayar – Rama’s mother – now deceased
-- Claris – Ayar’s grey-haired serving woman
-- Ayka – ancient Eagle crone/lives in the mountains to the south
-- Kyelek – Rama’s trusty steed

-- Thorn – marrying Narika/was spying at Falasmir’s court
-- Yalisha – herbalist-healer/Thorn’s sister

-- Surinen
-- Dinsul – Surinen’s father
-- Mirya – Surinen’s sister
-- Fador – Surinen’s cousin once removed - mother's side, whom he refers to as 'Uncle' (Elder of the Tribe)

-- Narayad
-- Latah – Narayad’s wife/Fador’s daughter/Surinen's second cousin

-- Salihah - Barakah's granddaughter and the best friend and confidante of Fador's daughter, Latah. She is 19 nineteen years old, married, and the mother of a one-year-old child. She is rather plain, but good hearted and wise for her age. She harbors a very deep love and respect for her grandmother.

-- Sorona – trapped in Eagle form/mildly amnesiac
-- Freya – Sorona’s deceased cousin

-- Miri – 7y/o girl/has a brother

-- Kron, Zed, Garel - Eagle tribesmen

Elders of the Eagle Clan

-- Fador - Chairman, so to speak, of the counsel of elders.

-- Barakah - a widow, she is small and thin and very old, with bright dark brown eyes and flwoing white hair. Very traditional, she distrusts the Dragons, the Wolf clan and the outside world as a whole, believing that isolation is the key to the survival of the Eagles.

-- Dakarai - basically, he is Barakah's protector and supporter. He shares her views on isolation as the Eagles' best chance for survival. Of medium height and weight, he is of rather dour countenance and wears a full white beard.

-- Harith - a small, wizened old fellow with very few teeth. He spent a good bit of time in his youth interacting with the outside world as a trader. He misses the excitement of the city and would prefer that the tribe cast aside their traditions and move in a new direction. He speaks in a high-pitched quavering voice and loves to gamble. Cheats.

-- Muntaz - very fat and, motivated by an abiding interest in trade and commerce, would like to see the Eagles embrace new ideas and interact more with the outside world.

-- Hadya - Muntaz's younger sister and Fador's long-time mistress. A widow, she is a sweet and simple soul. Gray-haired and plump, she believes whatever Fador tells her she should believe. She is intensely loyal to Fador and frequently at odds with her brother, although she does agree with him that the Eagles should interact more with the outside world.

~*~

ODD AND ASSORTED CHARACTERS

-- Aiwendil

-- Rôg
-- Abar, Uriyat, Dairaphel (Daira) – Rôg’s father/mother/sister
-- The Elders of Rog’s clan – a curious lot who will appear soon

-- Hazad – Ayar’s assassin

-- Lena – Innkeeper at the Cat’s Paw in Umbar

-- Waitimu – leader of the Bakhpusta/Haradwaith nomads/non-maenwaith

-- Bird – Skinchanger/close friend of Mithadan and Piosenniel/whereabouts unkown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a MAP, too.

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-24-2004 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:48 AM   #438
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thorn's save (#290) is now filled in.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:17 AM   #439
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Quote:
Freya – Sorona’s cousin
Just to clarify Freya's spirit has flown unto the west, she died delivering Sorona's message, this hopefully should become more clear as the story progesses, but I thought I'd better mention just it in case her name came up in passing!
Old 09-25-2004, 02:08 AM   #440
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Rôg is leaving to visit his clan late this gametime night.

He'll be gone about 7 gametime days.