piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just checking into the thread.

~*~ Pio
Old 04-29-2005, 12:58 AM   #602
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pio,

I know that Hilde is working on a piece that goes before the scene where Narika and Thorne are confirmed in the headship. When she finishes that, the ball will be back in my court to tie up the naming of the leader with a short post.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:02 AM   #603
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Should have the post up Saturday night at the latest.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:53 PM   #604
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Well, I was planning on the post being a little 3 paragraph one, but it just kept on going!

Block #325 has been expanded to include what Latah is up to. Sorry if it it a bit tedious to read.

Esty, are you planning on posting for Tinar anytime in the near future? I didn't know if I should be polishing up the post for Narayad next. (It looks like that one might prove long as well!)
Old 04-30-2005, 10:50 PM   #605
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I can post for Tinar soon, telling of his and his brother's arrival in the city. However, I won't have time the next couple of days, since I will be busy with the Barrow Birthday Party.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-30-2005, 11:59 PM   #606
Child of the 7th Age

Ealasaide - Please check your pms. I want to check with you about Fador and see if this is how we should handle this.....

"Thorn, although time is short, there is something I would share with you." Fador stepped over to the young maenwaith, leading him to a spot a few paces distant where few guests lingered, and then spoke in a lowered voice. "We must start the ceremony. Yet I would be remiss if I did not mention one thing. The times are difficult. It is hard to know what to do. You are brave and hardy, yet still young. I merely want to let you know that I am here to help. If you should need me any time, day or night, do not hesitate to ask for counsel. For my own part, I will do everything I can to support you and your wife, to offer sage advice that will bring our clan through this time of trouble. But now it is time for us to begin. Step forward with your chosen wife to assume the leadership of the clan." He turned and smiled encouragingly at Narika who had walked up in silence during the latter part of their conversation.

The young couple made their way over to the embroidered mat in the middle of the gathering on which Barakah had already set out the few simple things that would be used in the naming cermony. On the rug sat a beaker of water, a pearl of great beauty and luminescence, and an ornate dagger with its hilt emblazoned in jewels.

Fador hurried to the front and, hastily brushing Barakah to the side, raised his hand to the assemblage asking for silence. "We come now to our final task," he continued. "Our dear leader Ayar is gone, but she has left us with good counsel. It was her wish that Thorn and Narika should wed, and that these two jointly take on the headship. Narika will protect our customs and lore that we may follow the ways of our ancestors, while Thorn will be the bulwark of our defense, shielding the clan from its enemies. Together, with my assistance and that of the other Elders, these two will make the decisions that must be made in these hard times. Narika, my lady, would you go first?"

Narika walked onto the mat and sat down cross legged. She reached over and picked up the pearl cradling it gently against her body as she intoned the traditional words, "May I guard and protect the traditions of our clan just as I shield this pearl today within the safety of my palm. For like this gem, our traditions once gone can never be replaced. They are part of who we are and, without them, we are but shifting sand."

At that moment Thorn came over and sat beside her, reaching out his hand to lift up the dagger and brandish it before the assembled guests. "May I fulfill your trust in me. I will not take up any weapon lightly, but when danger assails the clan--whether from beast or invader--I will stand true until that danger has passed. And I pledge to do so even at the cost of my life."

Finally, Thorn picked up the cup of water and drank from it, and handed it to Narika who did likewise. For a final time, she spoke: "This cup is filled with water, that which is deemed most precious. For desert dwellers, it represents the boon of life. May Thorn and I make wise decisions that will preserve the life of our clan as well as the lives of all who make up this circle today."

Fador stood forward and placed a hand on each of their shoulders, urging them upward. Then he turned the couple around to face the crowd, calling out in a loud voice, "What say you then, Eagles, would you confirm the choice that Ayar and the Council have made?"

A cry went up from the gathering, a cry of jubilation and hope that rang through the assemblage and thundered out onto the sandy reaches that surrounded the camp. Holding his hands above his head, Fador responded in kind , "It is so ordered then. May Ayar's wish, and that of the Council and the people be honored. Thorn and Narika, you are awarded the headship of the clan. Your fate and that of the Eagles is bound together as one. And may I be the first to share my best wishes."

The Elders crowded in to offer congratulations. Barakah was the first to reach Narika and extended her hand in welcome, "You are our hope, little one, a promise that better times are possible. May that hope find its fulfillment in the coming months and years." Then she turned and hugged Narika and Thorn as the crowd surged forward to offer its good wishes and support.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 05-01-2005 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:12 AM   #607
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thanks, for the preview Child.

Birthday party? Is it that time of year already!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:56 AM   #608
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Thanks for the preview, Child. Looks great!
Old 05-01-2005, 09:00 AM   #609
Child of the 7th Age

Quote:
Thanks, for the preview Child.
So you thought I was doing this to be nice? Actually, I had hit a writing block. Sometimes it helps if I compose on the screen (and pray that AOL or my computer doesn't crash!)

Hilde -

You have the post, just altered by a few words, in your mailbox. Please paste it up. Many thanks.

YEAH! - We are now free to get on the road. Ráma is impatient and has decided not to wait for the rest of the crew who will be going out to rouse the other clans. She will be leaving in the morning (game time at least).
Old 05-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #610
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Got the PM Child, and I am putting the post up now.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #611
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

For the time being, this game will be stashed safely in Elvenhome.

Both it and the Game thread can be resurrected upon request.

~*~ Pio