The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-02-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Not much new...

Quote:
Today in the mail I recieved the Karl Urban/Eomer autographed pic I'm giving for a gift (and Miss Lynn, if you read this and figure out who it's for, PUH-LEEEZE don't tell her?
Samwise: She won't find out from me.

Not much to add in the collection department. I had to have dental work done also...I needed a new computer...and my clothes dryer went to that big laundromat in the sky a couple of weeks ago. I really dislike having to spend money on these inconsequential things (well, maybe not the computer) instead of my collection. My Arwen coronation banner has still not come...apparently there's a delay with the manufacturer. But I got the Rotk game for pc, and a few new figures:
  • Gondorian soldier on horseback (3-inch)
    King Theoden on horseback (3-inch)
    Éomer on horseback (3-inch)
    Rohirrim on horseback (3-inch)
    King of the Dead (6-inch) **he glows in the dark**
    Merry in armour (6-inch) ** really 4 1/2 inches**
    Ringwraith on horseback (3-inch) **I had to get him--I only had 8 ringwraiths and I needed 9**

I also hung my Aragorn banner and mounted Andśril next to it; bought frames and hung my large TTT poster and RotK poster; and mounted my small Trilogy poster from my 3rd viewing of RotK.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:58 AM   #2
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
So, Alatariel, when do we get to see a picture of your collection?

Nine ringwraiths... brrr.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:16 AM   #3
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Palantir-Green Re: She won't find out from me....

Thank you much, Miss Lynn. Didn't figure you really WOULD say anything, but for some wierd reason a person always feels like they have to say that "Please don't tell!" stuff.

Oooh....I have one Ringwraith mini and that's enough. As stated on another page, I haven't let it out of the box. Unfortunately, Sam and Frodo are in there WITH it, but they're both armed....

If I ever DO take it out, I'll stick it over by my slightly larger "Sam in Moria" figure (armed with both Barrowblade and frying pan) or even better, my 9-inch Polyston Sam and Bill figure.

*CRUNCH*
Sam: Oops. Sorry 'bout that. Ya gotta watch where your goin', Bill...

My dental work begins at 8:30 this morning, which means I've got to get off of here and get going.....x_x

Cute new avatar, Miss Helen. The kids at work were watching the 2nd Lilo and Stitch movie the other day....
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)

Last edited by Samwise; 05-03-2004 at 08:19 AM.
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:30 PM   #4
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Thumbs up Zoinks!

I got word in the (e)mail this morning that the seller of my "Li'l Mr. Wood" pic recieved my payment and will have it out by Tuesday (ack! That's TOMORROW, ninnyhammer!)

So now I'll have and 8x10 Frodo to go with my 8x10 Sam. Just no separating those two...not if I have anything to say about it....

(Got to find a Frodo Toy Biz figure to go with my Sam in Moria....)
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote