Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2006, 09:32 PM   #321
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Bregoware

Sorry friends, just in case you are waiting for me to go on, don't. I'll just put up a save and then I'll post Osmod giving directions to search for ropes and such. If this happens again (me disapearing) just move on, feel free to leave a save up if you think I'll need it but don't let me hold you back.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #322
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Um... two things...

We could conveniently say Eostre brought some rope and forgot about it... she seems logical enough to have brought some, at any rate. And, two... a possible solution for getting across, if no one thought about it... at least, to get a rope across. Both of us girls have bows. It might be possible to shoot a line across and into a tree. If we're searching the town for rope, we could probably come up with a few lines long enough to reach across and string a line across that way... then one of the men could cross.

Of course, it'd have to work by narratorial convenience, as the chances might be a bit slim. But it's just a thought.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:29 PM   #323
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry Eowyn but I don't think it's possible to get an arrow across the river carrying a strong enough rope to support a man. Even if the arrow managed to get across rather than being pulled down by the weight of the rope, there would be no-one on the other side to secure it. It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it's very plausible.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #324
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Wow, looks like the Wulfham group has come to a stand-still...hmmm or are we just waiting for the Bregoware group to catch up.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:39 AM   #325
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Naria

Actually, you could carry on from Valier's post - #166.

Folwren can always move her SAVE post as needed. She has limited access to the internet this week.

I'm waiting for Tevildo -- Brand is talking to Tevildo's carry along character.

And yes, we are sort of slowing down for a while - if we go any further south, the Bregos will be too far behind us.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #326
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Telvido: Not to bug you but, we still need you to be Dorran as well!! Naria's last post does not really leave her open to speak again. Please I need Telvido or Folwren to post, so I can continue with my posts. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #327
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Folwren cannot really do too much, because no one has addressed her as of yet.

I agree with Valier though, I have not left myself open enough to start a dialogue with Athwen. Tevildo, could you do a small post as Dorran and I can take it from there. Also, perhaps since you have a carry-on now you could post like Undome does with her two characters, having both characters communicate in the same post. Just an idea and it would really help.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #328
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Save is filled... I changed my mind, and I will let someone else to figure out the plan if you wish to do so. Osmod just saw a pulley and thought of getting a rope across, he has not yet realized that it won't be easy to do that on the first place. Up to you guys (and gals) if you want to find the rope, formulate the plan as a whole or offer other ideas.

P.S: Maeggaladiel, you forgot to add "Bregoware" to your last post
Old 03-09-2006, 12:19 PM   #329
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Save is filled... I changed my mind, and I will let someone else to figure out the plan if you wish to do so. Osmod just saw a pulley and thought of getting a rope across, he has not yet realized that it won't be easy to do that on the first place. Up to you guys (and gals) if you want to find the rope, formulate the plan as a whole or offer other ideas.
We seem to have filled our saves simultaneously, Farael. I'll change my version to fit in with yours! Just a minute, as I come up with something.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:40 PM   #330
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
How about I just have Rædwald take the rope he's found and we can get going across the ford?
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 03-09-2006, 12:42 PM   #331
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
Folwren cannot really do too much, because no one has addressed her as of yet.
lol! Well said, Naria. But I think Athwen has enough feelings and thoughts right now to provide me for something to put into a post. Though. . .I do hope someone addresses the poor girl soon.

But, I can't write that said post now, because last night's storm that passed through here really soaked our store. . .the roof leaked gallons upon gallons and I've been busy all day vacuuming the blasted water up. I'm on lunch break now, only long enough to say something here.

I will do my utmost to write something later today. If not today, then I will manage to be here tomorrow, I hope.

-- Folwren
Old 03-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #332
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
How about I just have Rædwald take the rope he's found and we can get going across the ford?
Works for me, I just didn't want Osmod to do everything.

P.S: Sythric, let me know when you are done and I'll see if my post needs a little edditing as well.

Last edited by Farael; 03-09-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #333
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Works for me, I just didn't want Osmod to do everything.

P.S: Sythric, let me know when you are done and I'll see if my post needs a little edditing as well.
I've altered my post quite drastically now. Sythric makes a suggestion about the use of the rope, and after that goes to his bussiness of soup-making.

Undómë: please check the suggestion in Sythric's last post and decide, whether Raedwald would go for that idea, or have a better one. And should he eat something before he goes? The soup is ready quite soon!

One post about Fionn there was, but what is Eostre up to?
Old 03-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #334
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Save filled - now all you have to do is get Rædwald back to the eastern ferry dock. Have some soup, load up the barge and cross the river.

Rædwald will tie his horse on the western dock and pole the barge across as you all pull him across. I imagine there might be some crude contraption which you could wind about with a large sort of handle that might work the pulley . . . or you can just heave-ho like sailors and reel him in . . .
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .

Last edited by Undómë; 03-09-2006 at 04:22 PM. Reason: correcting spelling
Old 03-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #335
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Ok, guys, sorry. But I was a little uncertain what to do. Incana said she heard a sound and kind of looked at Dorran to see if he'd investigate. Then Vaenosa wrote that we were approaching her with the woman at our side.

I thought that Fowlren would answer and explain what's happened. Since she didn't, I've gone ahead and tried to fill in the missing time. If there's anything I wrote that people aren't comfortable with or I've misunderstood something, let me know and I'll edit. Basically, I tried to do as little as possble to get the four of us together.

If you think this is alright, one of the women could go ahead and try to get the stranger to talk.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #336
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
One more thing Telvido, I put in my post that Vaenosa approached you guys and Folwren not you approaching me. I don't know if that makes a difference but I thought I would let you know.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #337
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Will fix that now. Thanks.

P.S. Edit done.

P.P. S. That's really weird. My post on the discussion thread shows two times! I don't know why. I've gone ahead ahead adn erased one.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 03-09-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #338
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, I've written a post. It is not where my save was. I wrote it where my character is now with Incana, Dorran, and Vaenosa. She's really said nothing at all, but she has finally gotten some of her wits back together. You needn't be frightened - she won't be bursting into tears with you. She can't, evidently, poor thing.

I'll be back tomorrow! Yehaw.

-- A very tired Folwren, who hates vaccums and water together very much indeed.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #339
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks Tevildo and Folwren, it really helps!!

I can't help feeling sorry for poor Athwen, my heart actually ached for her when I read your last post Folwren *sniff*

Great job!! I'll get mine up asap.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #340
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Just trying to come up with ideas, considering I'm not doing anything... -_- I didn't bother plugging in a save because there were, like, three Bregoware saves in a row... and I actually can't get online any earlier in the day than I'm posting now. Patience! Worry not, I'll get her a post up!
Old 03-10-2006, 02:52 AM   #341
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Here's what needs to happen now:

The pulley rope on the eastern side of the river needs to be attached to the pulley. Rædwald will then tie his horse to the western ferry dock and pole the ferry-barge back across the river as all those left on the eastern shore use the pulley contraption to get the barge back to the eastern shore.

Can someone please write that - that the ferry-barge gets safely to where we all are at the eastern ferry dock.

Then, either that same writer can write a short paragraph on how we all load on and get the the other side . . . or I can do that if you wish . . .
Old 03-10-2006, 03:25 AM   #342
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Bregos

Yes - please take advantage of Rædwald's having got over to the other side with the rope and get your group across the river . . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tevildo

Leod and Brand have done a little search of his section of the village and have now come to where Brand's three companions are staring at Athwen. I sort of carried your character along . . . and if you need anything changed at all please let me know . . .
Old 03-10-2006, 03:40 AM   #343
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thumbs up

Lookin' good!

Folwren,

Check your pm's please.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:59 AM   #344
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Bregoware

Quote:

Can someone please write that - that the ferry-barge gets safely to where we all are at the eastern ferry dock.

Then, either that same writer can write a short paragraph on how we all load on and get the the other side . . . or I can do that if you wish . . .
I might have some time writing this weekend. Let's just make deals about who writes and what.

How about, if I write Raedwald safely to the eastside: depicting it from Sythric's point of view? Undómë might make a post for Raedwald in the ferry as the others pull him back, or something - and then to dry his clothes in the fire & eating?

We should eat - one post, two posts? And then someone writes us over the river? If everyone makes even one post this weekend, we'll be over the river on Sunday (RL).

Other ideas? F.ex. should we haste and just run for it? I wouldn't like to just rush over, for we have discussed or revealed our thoughts quite little lately...
Old 03-10-2006, 07:31 AM   #345
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well Nogrod, I beg to differ. I think that we have idled enough and if we have expressed our thoughts very little it's because we have all been busy to make good posts. I don't want to hold the game back and I fear we (Bregowares) are doing so a little bit. I'd say let's get a quick lunch and across the river in two-three posts and on our way again.

Come on guys, I already want to start arguing with those little (or big) brats from Rohan proper that think they are too good to be in the company of us outlanders . Of course, Osmod would never put it that way.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:17 AM   #346
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Well Nogrod, I beg to differ. I think that we have idled enough and if we have expressed our thoughts very little it's because we have all been busy to make good posts. I don't want to hold the game back and I fear we (Bregowares) are doing so a little bit. I'd say let's get a quick lunch and across the river in two-three posts and on our way again.
Suits me perfectly. What if I write Raedwald back and say that people eat & Raed gets his clothes dry and eats too?

Would someone then write an "eating and packing" post?
EDIT: just saw Eostre already eating and kind of having it there. So anyone, put somewhere here or not...

And Farael, would you like to write us on our way (or someone else)?

If we have something like a plan, we will get this smootlhy and fast...

I guess that there, between now and (possibly Farael's) "let's go over" -post, there would be space for anyone's additional contributions... which at least I would very much like to see.

I make a save to bring Raedwald back and describe us all at the fireside. Take it away from that on... I'll be filling the save late today (GMT).

EDIT2: Undómë. It might be good, if we would have something from you too concerning Raedwald (and Meghan). Now as I can't make any rollcall to eat something for everyone, it looks funny if it is just I who make Raed. back and away...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-10-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #347
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
I can't help feeling sorry for poor Athwen, my heart actually ached for her when I read your last post Folwren *sniff*
Thanks! I actually feel sorry for her myself. . .

I've put up another post. Athwen is rather heart broken, but she's doing her best to rally her spirits and not look it. I think it won't be hard convincing her to ride with you, especially since Leod is going with you.

Tevildo, I've replied to your PM, and I've mentioned that they know each other in the post. However, it might seem like my PM and my post contradict each other - them not being too close or not knowing each other too well, especially with Athwens apparent delight seeing him (for a second). But. . . you must understand, it's got to be a relief to see a familiar face, even if it is of someone that she doesn't know well.

If I need to change anything, anyone who thinks so, please let me know.

-- Folwren

Edit: Ha. It just occured to me that Athwen hasn't told her name. . . hope that's not too troublesome.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #348
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Actually - I'd prefer to write for Rædwald . . .

So, let me make the post that gets him and the barge back to shore

Then, some one please get us all onto the barge and moving across the river
Old 03-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #349
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Actually - I'd prefer to write for Rædwald . . .

So, let me make the post that gets him and the barge back to shore

Then, some one please get us all onto the barge and moving across the river
Why don't we do it both?

I'll write about what happens at the east side ie. how we get Raed. from there, and you write, how he felt and what he did? (That kind of was my intention in my earlier mail - I wasn't in anyhow suggesting to "write Raedwald"!!! Sorry if I expressed myself poorly)
Old 03-10-2006, 11:15 AM   #350
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Actually , I'm done with the post - and it's mostly an action oriented post. We will have plenty of time on our ride south to meet the Wulfhamers for the more personally oriented posts from him and Meghan.

I did not go into as much detail as might have been written, but the priamry purpose of the post is accomplished. The barge is now loaded . . . everyone needs to get on board.

Meghan and Eostre, since they are the smallest of the group, should probably sit in the center, while the four men work in unison to pole the barge across the river. Or perhpas one of the women can sit nearer the back and encourage the horses not to panic as they move along.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:20 AM   #351
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Actually , I'm done with the post
Ok. I'll just have to rethink my post to fit with this new situation... I'll fill my save, but it will take some time.

Quote:
I did not go into as much detail as might have been written, but the priamry purpose of the post is accomplished. The barge is now loaded
Just a bit sad though, I had all those details thought over and written once... Well served as a good practise for me...
Old 03-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #352
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nogrod

Why don't you move your SAVE - to after Undome's and post about getting going to the western bank . . .
Old 03-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #353
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
Nogrod

Why don't you move your SAVE - to after Undome's and post about getting going to the western bank . . .
My post concerned getting Raedwald back to the east shore: what people did, and how the ferry works... Now those both things are already done (in a bit different manner), so it doesn't fit. But I'll have some work to adjust my save to the current situation, and I'll try to see, if I can use parts of my post in it...

We seem to be rushing towards you now - and probably that's just good. It opens totally new possibilities...
Old 03-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #354
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It would perhaps be good if the groups got together say by the start of next week at least.

Arry proposed a 12 week game, and 6 weeks of it are now gone.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #355
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
It would perhaps be good if the groups got together say by the start of next week at least.

Arry proposed a 12 week game, and 6 weeks of it are now gone.
If there is just anyone writing, I quess our groups could meet on RL Sunday (one post over the river, one or two, or perhaps one/each riding posts, and then meeting the Wulfhamers).

Could that kind of a timetable work?
Old 03-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #356
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I've filled my save.

I have mentioned Fionn and Eostre being the one's to bring the rope (as Raedwald was at the other shore, Meghan was eating and Osmod was talking to Sythric quite late). I hope this is fine with you. Other choices would break the logic, I think.

All this latest hassle, I think, was due to the uncertainity, about when people would be able to post, and who should take charge, and how soon.

We probably should discuss these matters more openly at this discussion thread. It's quite frustrating to come up with a good story and then to make it all over again... leaving the nice parts out, because they don't fit the story, meanwhile told, anymore. It's all ok. by me now, but let's be more careful in the future?

My first contribution to this: I hope someone else gets us over the river, pretty soon - as we seem to be in a hurry...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-10-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #357
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nogrod

That would be good . . . what do the rest of the Brego's say?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wulfhamers

We'll need to be setting up camp at least for a while - say at Leod's cottage, where there wasn't much destruction.

Does someone want to propose doing that? Maybe we should drag all the bodies of the villagers together and burn them in a funeral pyre of some sort to honor them and keep their bodies from being picked apart by the carrion birds. I don't know that Brand will want to even touch the dead Orcs, so we could just leave them to rot.

Anyway that would occupy some of our time while we wait for Bregoware to catch up to our position.

What do you think?
Old 03-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #358
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, I put up a save, hopefully to be filled this afternoon after my lab. Should the lab take more than expected it'll be filled by tomorrow morning at the very latest.

Sorry Nogrod, I didnt' catch what you meant =) Would you mind explaining again?
Old 03-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #359
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Sorry Nogrod, I didnt' catch what you meant =) Would you mind explaining again?
Must agree! Didn't kind of catch, what was it that you didn't catch...

But I suspect you haven't read earlier posts or compared them to the actual story-thread.

We kind of cross-posted with Undómë - after she had first requested that someone else might depict how Raedwald got back. I promised to make it from Sythric's point of view: to narrate the happenings from the east shore and try to find out a way to use those pulleys with some effectiveness (and to get us all in some reasonable places and doings as everything seemed to be so astray). Then I spent some hours coming up with it, and meanwhile Undómë had gotten us all to a ready-loaded ferry, with quite different basic-ideas...

And Undómë, I'm not blaming you on anything! I understand you were anxious to get us going. I understand that, because I have been as anxious too! I know the feeling!

That's why I talked about us talking more openly here on the discussion thread about when people are able to post and when not. So that we wouldn't have these unhappy situations where the active writers - both trying to save the day - cross-post each other...
Old 03-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #360
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh, alright.... Now I got it =) Sorry, I had read that before but it slipped my mind =) Thanks for the clarification. Sounds good for me... maybe we could also leave a tentative schedule for when we'll be available? you know, so that if I'm (or any other of us for that matter) doing nothing when I know one of you might be around, I come over here to see if I'm needed. Lately I haven't been doing much "nothing" but you never know =) What do you all think?