Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2003, 12:46 PM   #121
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Gamba, dislodged by Mornie, flew gratefully through the air and landed with an oomph. He looked back, and saw all three wolves engaged by brave and daring elves and a man wearing an assortment of pots and pans, and he gave a very grateful sigh of relief.

But there was an unanswered question, still. Mithadan! Where was he? What had happened?

He grabbed another torch, and headed backstage. One of the large wargs headed towards him, and he hastily fed the torch to him and ran between his legs. Gurgling howls of rage echoed behind him and two more wargs gave chase, getting closer; but Gamba had seen someone he recognized, and without thinking, ran up to safety along her tail and her back.

"Angara, WOLVES!" he yelped in terror. Angara spun in surprise at the footsteps on her back, and sent a snort of flame behind her. It so happened that it singed the two warg's shouts, and they backed up snarling.

"MOM!" Gamba yelled. "How is Mithadan?"

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 05-06-2003, 12:46 PM   #122
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Oh dear. Ooooh dear. Honestly can this get any worse??" Manardariel stuffed a piece of chocolate in her mouth. She was nervous, she was paniking: something was wrong with Mith, Aman was looking REALLY frantic, and Lush had -unpurpously of course- ruined the best pun in her presentation speech by dissapearing.

A random stagecrew-person addressed her.
"Are you Manardariel? Because if you are, you´re next." Okay. It could get worse. "But...But..." she blubbered. "Sorry. No discussion" the guy said and was gone. "Okay," she told herself "Here we go."

She stuffed a piece of chocolate in her mouth -always good against stagefright- and walked outside. Music sounded, cheering errupted. She noticed she had forgotten her notes. Damn! Improvisation it should be, impro it would be. Blinking in the dazzeling flashlight she made her way to the mic. Deep breath... here we go.

"BARROWDOWNERS MAKE SOME NOISE!" It worked. Cheering, clapping, screams errupted from below. When they had calmed down a bit, Manardariel cleared her thoat again.

"Now unfortuntly I was so stunned by the WONDERFUL AUDIENCE- " she stopped, as more cheering came from down "I forgot what I wanted to say." Occasional Awwwwws from the audience. "But I think I still recall what it was... ahh yes. I am here to present what sounds like an... interesting award. And it´s for a person without who the Downs probably wouldn´t really go round... we´d probably be going sideways!" Laughs. "And Ladies, Gentlemen, Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, Hippo and Chiken I am proud to say the Three toed toad award for the slowest Mod -and if may add that, the NICEST- goes to the One, the only, the faboulous PIO!!"

The audience positvly exploded. Cheers, yells, screams.... Manardariel was almost sure she saw some grout fall off the walls. She reached for the mic again. "And in case you don´t know the music, that´s Angel by the Dave Matthews band.. I guess the title´s self explanitory!" She grinned, turned to the big portal and waited for Pio.

Angel
I call you up
You pick up
You call my bluff
On the card to love
You hold too close
Your hands to your chest
I can read your eyes
But I confess
It's lonely far from you, oh

Even when you're right by me
It's only why I wait for you
To take my hand

Why do I beg like a child for your candy?
Why do I come after you like I do, I love you?
Wherever you are
I swear
You be my angel
You

I play my cards the best I can
But I lose my luck when you're not here
My darling heart
Won't you please give in?
I may be strong
But I want you back again

When you're not here it's hard to pretend
It's all alright again
When you're not here love it's hard to pretend
It's all alright but still
Why do I run after you like I do, I love you?
Whatever you are
I swear
You be my angel, you

Watch the deck
Count your cards
Makes no sense
That I'm always losing
When you're gone

Why do I come after you like I do, I love you
Whatever you are
I swear
You'll be my angel, you
When you're gone
Old 05-06-2003, 12:47 PM   #123
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Durelin padded softly behind the Elf. Apparently the two Man-child friends had abandoned Pio and she was headed back toward the MASH unit, her fingers caressing the glowing red jewel at her throat.

The Warg watched as the Elf rummaged on a high shelf in one of the cubicles for something, then drew down a silver case. Snick . . . snick . . . went the latches, and the top section was pulled up revealing a softly glowing screen. The amber, power indicator light gleamed brightly in the left hand corner of the keyboard.

Welcome, Pio! What do you wish to do? scrolled across the screen at the touch of the Elf’s index finger to the identipad.

Just a minor readjustment, my friend. she keyed in quickly.

Removing the red jewel from the thong around her throat she seated it in the specially made port to the right of the ‘Escape’ key.

Press to enter program. flashed on the screen in small red letters.

Her finger hovered above the red jewel, a smile playing on her lips . . .
Old 05-06-2003, 12:47 PM   #124
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Lyra cheered for all the people who won awards, they were nearly all people she knew! It was very exciting, like being part of a happy family. Then they got to Helka... She gaped, exchanging grins with Rytien.
"Elf boy's getting what he deserves. I bet he'll be upset it's not 'Stud of the Downs'" she said, smiling. "Suitable song though..."

There was a lot of frantic Mod scurrying around going on by the looks of things, and various cries of "Murder"- well what do you expect of the Barrowdowns? Suddenly she scowled.
"What I want to know is if they're so short of presenters, and people keep not turning up why won't they let me?"
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 05-06-2003, 12:50 PM   #125
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Arien took a deep breath and stepped out onto the stage, with a full glass of coke and rum in one hand and the Downie award in the other. After the little scene Mith made when he apparently fainted and The Saucepan Man had seemingly beaten the poor Wrag creature to almost death with his iron the crowd had calmed down and were back to their usual rowdy selves. She walked straight to the podium, her heart pounding, why was this so hard to do? She took a little sip from her glass as she reached the podium. Arien settled both items down on its glass top and brushed her hair out of her face.

“Hello Barrow Downs!!” she shouted into the mic. This was followed by a few minutes of shouting and cheering , during which she waited patiently. “I am here to present the H.E.R.O.S award. For those of you who are no associated with them, H.E.R.O.S stands for Help Eradicate Rasty Orcs Society.” she paused and was greeted by a loud cheer from the audience and nasty looks from the orcs guarding the doors. She shrugged, “Over the years H.E.R.O.S has helped those small villages in danger of eradication in the hands of those evil orcs…..” she was greeted by a couple of boo’s from the guards.

“Oh stop your whining, its true!” said a random voice from the crowd.

“Thank you, this award will be presented to the Downer for their outstanding service in leading and executing the elimination of 15,000, yes you heard me right 15,000 orcs with the assist of fellow downers!” Arien was greeted by more cheers from the crowd.

“Of course, this needed great planning and although some of the company died, *cough Belegond cough*, he did an amazing job in saving Erebor! So Himaran this award is for you!!! Cue music!”

Michael Jackson, Heal the World Starts to play, and the crowd starts to chant Himaran, Himaran.

Himarans Post

Himaran stepped forward, gladly accepting the award from Arien. "Thank you, I had never dreamed of getting downy. And, surprisingly, it wasn't just for doing something stupid!.

I'll make this short, because we have many other awards to give out! I'd like to give a note of gratitude to all the members of my group. Without them, I would never have defeated the army, or finished the rpg for that matter. Also, A special thanks to my brother, Carrun, for introducing me to the Barrow-Downs. Keep playing in those rpgs!!!"

With that, he left the stage, to the rousy applause of the audience.

[ May 08, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 05-06-2003, 12:50 PM   #126
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami could hear a lot of noise and snarling going on outside. She hoped that someone would come to the aid of whoever was being attacked.

She ran over to Mithadan's prostrate form and tugged fiercely at his sleeve. "Oh, please, wake up, Mr. Admin." she pleaded. "Don't be more dead than you already are. I promise to answer your e-mails right away, and not sneak any more books of magic into the Inn. Just don't be dead."

In desperation, Cami turned her pockets inside out and finally found what she was seeking: "Instant Athelas, Good for Whatever Ails You" At least, she'd had the wits to put in an order from Melificent at the same time that she'd gotten the poisoned fruit. Cami quickly skimmed the directions. This didn't seem to be a canonical remedy. Still, she couldn't be choosy.

She poured the brew down his mouth, and sat back on her heels to wait as he coughed and gagged, then struggled up to consciousness. The Wight sat up quite suddenly with a grim look on his face. He glared over at Cami, "Don't think that innocent hobbit routine is going to save you today. You three are going to be sorry. If you think you had it bad before, just wait till after the party ends."

"Yes, I'm sorry, really sorry," Cami spluttered out. "But you have to listen to me. There's something funny going on here. Pio is carrying around a bag and she won't show anyone what's inside. The wargs growl and snap when anyone comes near. She bought Bethberry and I tickets for a two-month cruise, but I don't think she planned to go herself. She was trying to get us out of the way."

"Mithadan, you have to get up. I don't think she'll make her move until the awards are over. Please get the show on the road. But, whatever you do, be careful. I think Pio has something funny up her sleeve."

With that, she stood the wobbly Mithadan on his feet and pulled him along behind her. As she emerged through the doorway, she caught a brief glimpse of her son, and responded to his question, "How's Mithadan? Feeling much better, much better indeed. Just a little misunderstanding." Now let's get him back on stage so he can make sure and give all these deserving people their awards. She hurriedly shoved Mithadan in Gamba's direction, and was about to scurry off to try and hunt for Piosenniel when Aman came running towards her.

Outside she heard the cheers for Himaran's award. Oh, boy, she thought. One of my favorite games in the Shire. He certainly deserves all the applause he's getting.

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 05-06-2003, 12:51 PM   #127
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As alasse stared up into the wargs fangs she saw her life flash before her eyes. Was this the end then? she wondered. noticing that the faint clanking sound was gradually growing louder, she saw out of the corner of her eye a shinging, Armored?, figure dash up the stairs to the stage. It weilded a large Iron Frying pan? It must be Saucepan man!
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Old 05-06-2003, 12:56 PM   #128
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Gamba reached up and took Mithadan's arm. "You okay?"

"Let's get to the stage, " Mith growled, unsteadily.

"Right." Gamba obeyed, and Angara sent another puff of flame after the wargs, who slunk off. Gamba steadied Mith as he walked back towards the stage, and then Gamba slipped behind a curtain as the Captain went onstage and spoke.

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 05-06-2003, 01:00 PM   #129
Lady Alasse
Wight

Sting

The Warg looked up suddenly its eyes intent apon something behind Alasse. Craning her neck back to saw a slightly shakey figure emerge from behind the blue curtain. Mithadan? Yes it was. Suddenly the warg cringed. Then It turned tail and ran down the aisle.

YES! she thought, someone must have made it to him in time! we've won!
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Old 05-06-2003, 01:02 PM   #130
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman ran down the other corridor. She had come to apparently the wrong door, and came into the corridor at the other side of the room just as Cami was waking up Mithadan. She stood breathlessly in the doorway.

Mithadan, you have to get up. I don't think she'll make her move until the awards are over. Please go get the show on the road. But, whatever you do, be careful. I think she has something up her sleeve."

Aman heard Cami desperately speaking to Mithadan, before she shoved him through the door. Aman looked from the still dazed and more than half asleep Mithadan to the panicky hobbit.

"Cami...Cami, what is....where is....why are...huh?" She finished, rather lamely. The little hobbit looked at her, her eyes full of anxiety and worry.

"I dont know, Aman. Its something to do with Pio, she got some cruise tickets for herself, Bethberry and I, but...well, I dont think she meant to go! I think....I think she may have been trying to get us out of the way." Cami finished.

Aman stared at her. "Trying to get you out of the way? But...why?"

"Hey, you're full of questions Aman, and I can't give you any of the answers."

Amans mouth suddenly tightened as an idea formed itself in steel in her mind. "Well, there's only really one person we can ask, isnt there? Mithadan, come on, we need to get you out there. And then Pio has got some explaining to do here..."

Aman took one arm and Cami took the other and together, they tried to steer the still unsteady Mithadan back to the stage...
Old 05-06-2003, 01:04 PM   #131
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Mithadan took the stage with a smile and a wave. Not surprisingly, there was little applause and more than a little grumbling about the "bad joke". He whispered into his microphone as he walked. "Gravlox, find Piosenniel, she...needs to accept her award. And put out all those fires, please."

Stepping up to the podium, he said in a loud voice, "An award for Piosenniel! Has anyone seen Pio?" He ignored the sounds backstage of the Uruks breaking down doors...
Old 05-06-2003, 01:09 PM   #132
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

“To present The Gonzo Award for the Moderator Most Likely to Go Postal and Wipe Out the Population of an Inn, Head of the MAMI (Mothers Against Magical Influence), feminist, and leader of the BAEB (Ban All Evil Books) campaign…
Daphne Benelli!!!”
(Insert splattered applause)(Ainaserkewen was going to present the award, but disappeared suddenly beforehand, Veanca could not be found either, so they found the nearest person and used her.)
A very strict and stiff woman walks up to the podium. She is wearing a crisp plain white blouse and a very modest length grey skirt with black flats. Her hair is in a tight low bun, and she wears glasses.
She sets her laptop on the podium, and begins her speech.
“Fist and foremost, I would like to express my disgusted disappointment in each and every one of you! Your beloved author of the evil devil books you love so much is corrupting this world’s children to evil! Magic! Dragons! Elves! Shame on you all!”
Stunned silence fills the room. There is no clapping or any noise except the lone cough far away.
“MAMI and the BAEB will be paying you all a little visit very soon!”
Jaws dropped and a hobbit in the back starts to cry. Everyone is speechless, too horrified that there ever was such a person, to be angry. Who let this bozo in anyway!!!
“But getting on with things…” She continued. “The Gonzo Award for the Moderator Most Likely to Go Postal and Wipe Out the Population of an Inn, whom the winner has been enjoying Tolkien’s books for over 35 years, goes to…”
She opened the envelope slowly for effect. There was a drum roll and a trumpet fanfare.
“Before I tell you, know that you are all aiding with Satan’s plan’s for conquest.
The winner is…The Child of the 7th age, Cami Goodchild!!!”
Tremendous applause erupts. People are standing up and clapping, whistling and hooting.
Over the din, the pit band starts to play an odd Canadian song that Ainaserkewen had picked out. A new group called “The Arrogant Worms” who were known to write very unusual stuff.

It’s great to be a nerd,
It’s great to be a nerd,
The only light we ever see
Is from our monitor,
We hate watching sports, cause we reading Carl Seggen,
But we’d watch the Olympics if they played “Dungeons and Dragons”
“I’m a hobbit!!!” Someone cried.
It’s great to be a nerd,
It’s great to be a nerd,
We think Tolkien was a genius
And Shakespeare was a turd!

People liked the song, but it was really weird.
Cami laughed good-naturedly along with it anyway.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Old 05-06-2003, 01:10 PM   #133
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Madly trying to follow the reams of paper dropped on the floor when Mithadan had fallen, Bêthberry valiantly attempted to guide and direct the presentation of awards in order to distract the frantic audience from any malfeasiance that had been played out. So far, it had worked, with several more Downies being presented.

Then, she saw Cami push a wobbly Mithadan out towards the front of the auditorium. Bêthberry ran towards him, quite relieved to see him less dead than he had been at their last meeting. She ran towards him, wondering if he needed any of her herbal remedies or if he was in need of yet another healing ritual. There was a swimming pool behind the auditorium and surely he would know how to swim?
Old 05-06-2003, 01:13 PM   #134
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

"Don't panic!" yelled the Saucepan Man, as he launched his pannic attack.

The momentum of his headlong hurtle down the auditorium (punctuated only by the odd clatter as he tripped, rolled over and kept running) carried him straight into the first of the canine terrors. Reacting instantly, he brought the huge black frying pan to bear on the wolf's muzzle. The beast let out a terrifying whimper as its legs crumpled beneath it.

As he whirled round with surprising grace, the trusty pot in Saucepan's other hand met the chest of another of the beasts as it leapt towards him, jaws snapping furiously.

"Back to Pan-demonium with you, Hound of Hell!" he cried victoriously as the unfortunate wolf was knocked back and landed against the side of the stage with a howl.

As the assembled Elves and Hobbits surrounded the two felled beasts, a third crept up on Saucepan from behind. Attempting to catch him in its mighty maw, its jaws met only the steel of a large cooking pot. The wolf retreated and then, as Saucepan turned, jumped at him. Its weight knocked him flying back against the wall of the auditorium with a mighty crash.

As he slumped to the floor, Saucepan briefly caught a glimpse of Mithadan wandering back out onto the stage before he lost consciousness, more in complete and utter shock at the surprisingly co-ordinated and effective nature of his attack than anything else.

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]
Old 05-06-2003, 01:14 PM   #135
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami slunk back terrified behind the stage curtain when she heard her name announced to receive an award. This was truly awful. If she'd felt a little guilty before for what she'd done to Mithadan, she felt a lot more guilty now. Perhaps, he'd even nominated her for this cherished award.

Why had she ever listened to Piosenniel? As was usually the case, the Elf probably had some secret up her sleeve. Cami sighed and pulled herself together so that she could listen more carefully to Daphne Benelli. After a few minutes of listening to the presentation, Cami was rapdily developing second doubts about both Ainaserkewen and Mithadan. Where had the two of them come up with this bozo? Surely, they could have found a better hobbit than this to present her award. This Benelli seemed to be putting a definite damper on things.

Still, an award is an award, and she couldn't afford to be picky if she wanted to claim her Golden Tombstone. Cami straightened her skirts, pushed her hand through her curls, and stepped up to the microphone, coyly smiling. "From all of us out in Nerd-land, I'd like to offer my deepest thanks." Cami looked at Mithadan and tittered a little nervously. He must have had some idea of how she'd spent her college years in the late sixties for her to receive an award of this particular nature. "And I'd also like to thank all of my friends in the Downs. You know who you are. Especially in the Shire. That is, all my friends except for Piosenniel who had the bad sense to lead me astray." She glared around looking for the Elf, but could not see her anywhere.

Then she gave a little curtsey to Mithadan, nodded to the audience, and cradling her Tombstone in her arms, before walking off stage.

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 05-06-2003, 01:17 PM   #136
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Cue a previous scene . . .

Strains of Dave Matthew’s Angel floated faintly into the cubicle where Pio sat. That and the mention of her name.

Someone had given her an award!

Reluctantly, she snapped shut the laptop, and putting it under her arm, ran helter-skelter to the stage. Manardiel stood blinking in the spotlight, having been pushed to the side by Gravlox as the next presenter took the stage.

Pio giggled as she read the inscription on the Downie. The word ‘NICEST’ leapt out at her. ‘I guess I won’t be getting this again next year!’ She gave Manardariel a big hug and thanked her for the presentation. ‘I hope they don’t pelt you with tomatoes for giving me this,’ she said, jamming the award in her pants pocket.

‘Take care!’ she said, leaping from the stage and dashing for the door. ‘See you back at the Shire!’

Durelin followed, snapping viciously at anyone who tried to lay on hand on the escaping Elf.

She slowed down as she neared the exit, a few more steps and she would be through the door. The dulcet tones of the revived admin hit her like a shock-wave, spurring her on more quickly . . .
Old 05-06-2003, 01:18 PM   #137
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Gamba looked out from behind the curtain at the brilliant final victory over the wolves. Aside from a little mopping up, it was the SaucePan Man who was the decisive blade-- er, pot-- er, utensil-- nevermind. Anyway, the wolves were vanquished, and Cami was getting an award ("Yay, Mom!" Gamba hollered, but it was lost in the hubbub.)

He'd been there long enough. He slipped out into the audience, rounded up his four kids, and they made a quick exit. They objected.

"Come on, we'd had enough excitement. With Piosenniel on the rampage, there's no telling what else will go crazy. We'd better just move on." They found some woods, and Gamba breathed a sigh of relief and headed deeper into the forest.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:20 PM   #138
Lady Alasse
Wight

Sting

Alasse dragged herself to her feet noticing several wargs which were slumped unconsious around the floor. Looking over she saw Saucepan man lying unconcious against the wall. she made her way gingerly over the fallen wargs and knelt down by Saucepan man.

"Wake up!" she urged as she shook himnone to gently, "Saucepan man Mithadan is back! Wake up!"

She glanced up just as Pio dashed up to the stage to receive her award and then ran helter-skelter down the aisle yelling, "See you at the Shire." She had nearly made it to the door.

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lady Alasse ]
Old 05-06-2003, 01:23 PM   #139
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Mornie awoke to a man wielding vioriously a saucepan. He wondered if he was in a coma like dream or something. but then he heard the loud cheers and saw the beated wargs and remembered that he was thrown from the warg just before the pan man's arrival. He thanked him, but in the corner of his eye he notice an elf hurrying suspiciously to the exit, he decided to follow her.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:27 PM   #140
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Annun watched the chaos with growing irritation. It was seriously disturbing the awards ceremony. Things are getting out of hand here and I know just who to blame! She reached once more for her precious cell phone and dialed the familiar number.

“Well hello, Pete! … Yes, I’m fine thank you but now you’ll just listen to me for a while. I’m pretty upset at the moment and guess whose fault is that?? … Don’t know what I’m talking about, huh? Well let me tell you! Wargriders, hobbits and elves doing stunt-tricks and whatnot. Ring a bell? … Yes, do that please! … Just hold on a second.”

Annun did some more searching and finally, with the help of Sophia, she found a loud speaker which she connected to her mobile (got to admire this modern technology!).
“Ready when you are”, Annun exclaimed to the phone.

“CUUUUUUUTTTTT!!!!!!!” came the somewhat commanding voice calling for everyone’s attention. The auditorium hushed in a second, the odd wargs disappeared as if by magic and all the action ceased.
Annun sighed with relief, unplugged the loud speaker and spoke again to the receiver.

“Thanks a lot, PJ. Yes, that took care of our little problem here. Yes, there’s potential in some of them, natural talents I might say. … I’ll tell them you might be interested… Ok, let’s talk about business later, the show must go on now. Bye!”

With that she ended the call, gave the orchestra a mark to carry on and took her seat between smirking Sophia and Alak. The room waited in dead silence for the next award to be presented…
Old 05-06-2003, 01:36 PM   #141
Lady Alasse
Wight

Sting

"Hey wait for me." Alasse cried to Mornie. She jumped up and rushed after Mornie and Pio, noticing as she ran that another huge warg was protecting the elf's escape route snapping at all who came near!

Alasse reached for her flute which hung from the small belt around her waist. She stopped for a moment and lifted the instrument to her lip. A long high note echoed through the hall and then stopped. She quickly re attached the flute to her belt and ran out towards the great wooden doors. The Warg lunged at her and had almost grabbed her skirt in its mouth when suddenly a large dark shadow flew through the open door and grabbed it by the scruff of its neck, and then dropped it.

"You called?" the Lord of the eagles questioned as Alasse leaped unto his back, gesturing for Mornie to do the same, "Yes! Follow that Elf!"
Old 05-06-2003, 01:38 PM   #142
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Firondoiel breathed a sigh of relief when everyone was finally calmed down. She has missed most of the action because she had fallen asleep. She had just woken up in time to see the Saucepan man clobber a few wargs and Mithadan wobbling onto the stage.

"What happened?" she asked Arafangwen who was just returning to her seat.

"Don't ask." was the reply.

Firondoiel glanced at Menelien who shrugged then turned over and appeared to go back to sleep.

Firondoiel sighed. Just my luck to miss all the action. she thought then turned to look for LinGalad.
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Old 05-06-2003, 01:41 PM   #143
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Saucepan Man struggled to his feet. Then he yawned migtily and extended his arms. The result of this action was that pots and pans swung about wildly. Unfortunately, at least for some, the vector upon which Piosenniel happened to be racing for the door happened to intersect precisely with the arc taken by one of S. Man's larger pots.

The resulting CLANG was overshadowed only by the dramatic backflip and crash to the floor performed by Piosenniel. She did not wake for some time, and when she did, she was surrounded by friends, comrades and a large contingent of Orcs. The bag containing the laptop was firmly in the grasp of Angara...
Old 05-06-2003, 01:43 PM   #144
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Sting

Mornie Leaped upon the eagle's back thanking him.

"What is that Elf up to?" he asked.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:48 PM   #145
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

"Has anyone seen Cami?" Ainaserkewen said sitting down again with Veanca.
"She left in a hurry." Veanca said.
"Where were you to present that award?" Arafangwen asked, she was sitting near them.
"Uh, I had to leave for a moment, but who filled in?"
"Some phyco lady who was shaming us!" Firondoiel said.
"Yah, but then Cami didn't show up, We planned this and everything!" Ainaserkewen was really sad now.
"Don't worry about it. It was pretty crazy over here. Did you here PJ? CUUUUUUTTTTT!"
Ainaserkewen giggled at Arafangwen.
"No, but sounds like we missed alot."
"It was great."
"Oh well, who's up next?" Veanca asked.
I don't know, but I need to excuse myself for a moment to visit the little girls room, anyone need to join me? Common Arafangwen, I have oodles to tell you!"
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Old 05-06-2003, 02:00 PM   #146
Lady Alasse
Wight

Sting

"I'm not quite certain myself." The elf maiden mutterd to Mornie. Just then one of Saucepan mans many pans arched through the air barely missing Alasse, Mornie, and the eagle they were riding. It crashed down on Pio's head with a loud bang and she sank unconscious to the floor.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:00 PM   #147
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio gasped as she woke and saw the ring of leering Orc faces. She shook her head, driving away the image of a night she and Bird once spent in some dive on the river level of Gondor.

Her heart nearly stopped when she saw Angara had the bag with the laptop. Then she relaxed and smiled. She’d had an entire year to learn about ‘double-encrypted password protection and instruction guided from only designated persons devices’.

No need to fear any real interference from the concerned group who stood looking down at her.

‘My laptop, Angara. Hand it over, if you please . . .’
Old 05-06-2003, 02:08 PM   #148
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Sting

As the eagle flew to the circle of orcs and landed Mornie jumped off to se the warg that had been knocked out by the eagle, getting ready to ponce on the lady holding Piosseniel's laptop. He rushed for the lady and just before the warg reached her Mornie collided with the beast hurtleling it across the room.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:10 PM   #149
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

Taking advantage of the lull in the proceedings, Cuthalion took the stage. He adjusted the mike to his over-average height and smiled, squinting into the spots.

"Greetings, gentle-beings! The person I was so graciously chosen to present an award to truly needs no introduction, but since I'm here...let me take the time to thank Anuion for giving us all that memorable sound-effect "KALBANG!" *snickers uncontrollably* And Mithadan, I have my eye on you...interesting PM's.

Back to the award. Here she is folks! First Lady of Calamity, Mistress of Mischief...and yeah, yeah of Sauron...rrrrrrrr! Here to recieve the Beanie Baby Award for the Nicest, Least Threatening Member...wait, did I read that right? Anyway, put your hands together for MAIKADILWEN!!"

The Maestro cued the orchestra and 'Devil With the Blue Dress On' by Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels filled the room as the spot crews panned the audience for the award's recipient.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:12 PM   #150
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I sit confused...more than usual...
"What just happened?" I muttered. "And what is still happening?" Maybe dozing off wasn't such a good thing at an awards ceremony.

Old 05-06-2003, 02:12 PM   #151
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

"Here to recieve the Beanie Baby Award for the Nicest, Least Threatening Member...MAIKADILWEN!!"

At the mentioning of her name, Maika woke up with a start. She had drifted off after Cuthalion had left her sitting alone without his supporting arms. Maybe she shouldn't have got that last drink after all....

A bit confused she rose from her seat, but as soon as the spotlight hit her, she put on the playful smile everyone knew so well and went up on the stage where she was greeted by Cuthalion.
With a big kiss she accepted the award (whatever it was, the shape was a little suspicious) and went to the mike, looking at all the people who expected her to say something.
With a smile she raised the award in a greeting.

"Uhm..... Thanks!" she said and turned to go, but immediately she was grabbed by the shoulders by Cuthalion who did his best to persuade her to say just a little more.
Sighing, Maika stepped back in front of the mike.
"Ok, so I'm supposed to actually say something clever here. Well, since I didn't expect to get an award, I haven't prepared a speech, but just in case, I've brought a small list with a few names and key-words..."

With those words she pulled out a scroll (how she had managed to hide a thing that size in that dress would remain a mystery) and when she held up the first page, the end of the list had reached the floor in front of her.

"Well, I'd like to thank... uhm..... Now what does it say here? Mithadan? No way, that can't be! Uhm... I'd like to thank...."

Cuthalion held a hand to his head, sighing. This was going to be a very long night.

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 05-06-2003, 02:13 PM   #152
Lady Alasse
Wight

Sting

The warg went one way Mornie went the other. Alasse stared down from her perch on the eagles back She was almost dislodged from it when The Eagle swooped down and under Mornie catching him as he fell.

"Look out below!" she cried as the eagle dived. The various Elves Hobbits, and creatures attending the awrads ceremony ducked as it skimmed through the air just inches from there heads.

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lady Alasse ]
Old 05-06-2003, 02:31 PM   #153
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rie folded Talômi's collar down and fussed with his hair for a moment, her face flushed with nerves. She tucked her own loose wisps of hair behind her ears, cracked her knuckles, adjusted her necklace, fiddled with her earrings, checked her shoes, checked Talômi's outfit, and fidgeted with her dress until Talômi gripped her hands.

"Honestly, Rie. Calm down," he said in a soft voice. The tech crew milled around behind them, making sure everything was functioning. They were up next, and Talômi had the envelope in his hands. Rie stopped, and smiled sheepishly.

"I'm just nervous. I want to get it right," she said. "I really don't want to mess this up."

"You won't. Come on, we're up!" He half-dragged her onto the stage, and suddenly there were lights everywhere.

Trying not to squint, Rie waved and smiled brightly. The applause died down, and Talômi took the podium.

"The role-playing games on the Barrow-Downs are a place where writers with often little more in common than a love of Tolkien's work are able to gather and create impressive works together," he began.

"And one of the many attributes of the best writers on the Downs is their ability to write characters of various affiliations," Rie continued. "It takes a strong writer to write a character very different from her, whether she's good, or has her own nasty side to her."

"And of course, there are enough of our writers who have their nasty sides," Talômi snickered. He continued to snicker until Rie elbowed him in the ribs, at which point he broke off with a grunt. Rie smiled sweetly at the audience.

"Many of our writers have played good characters and bad, but there are only a few of them who have played both sides in a single RPG," Rie said, while Talômi was still gripping his side, muttering to himself. "So it is our pleasure to announce the winner of the 'Look Fairer and Seem Fouler Award' for Performances in Multi-Ethic roles in a single RPG."

Talômi straightened and handed the envelope to Rie, who opened it carefully. She unfolded the paper and, grinning widely, said in unison with Talômi,

"Nurumaiel, for her performances as Angelica, Fosco, and the evil Bill Ferny, in Shadow of the Star!"

The room erupted with cheers, Rie's and Talômi's not by any means quieter than the rest. "Magic Mirror" by Leon Russell began to play.

Many people look my way
Many pass me by
In moment of reflection
I wonder why
To the thieves I am a bandit
The mothers think I'm a son
To the preachers I'm a sinner
Lord I'm not the only one
To the sad ones I'm unhappy
The losers think I'm a fool
To the students I'm a teacher
To the teachers I'm in school
To the hobos I'm imprisoned by everything I own
To the soldiers I'm just someone else who's dying to go home
The general sees a number
A politician's tool
To my friends I'm just an equal in this whirlpool
Magic Mirror
Won't you tell me please
Do I find myself in anyone I see
Magic Mirror
If We only could
Try to see ourselves as others would
To policemen I'm suspicious, it's in the way I look
I'm just another character
To fingerprint and book
And the sellers think I'm merchandise
They'll have me for a song
The left ones think I'm right
The right ones think I'm wrong
And many people look my way
Many pass me by
In my quiet refection I wonder why
Magic Mirror
Won't you tell me please
Do I find myself in anyone I see
Magic Mirror
If we only could
Try to see ourselves as others would
Old 05-06-2003, 02:49 PM   #154
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Helkahothion stepped up the stage and looked at the crowd.

"Gosh, this came totally unprepared for all of you. I was away yesterday and had no time to prepare any speech, so Ill do it from my heart, because I really hate notes. No offence to anyone intended there." He said shy and stumbling.

"Well, I guess that this is the award I least expected to get. I thought I was going to get one for the most off-topic posts or something. But I am so glad with this one. I feel really honoured. This award has a lot to do with RPGing, so I will start with thanking the lovely Maikadilwen. I remember that I talked to her a while ago. I asked her, newsier as I was, what is an RPG? She had some trouble explaining it to me, since I am a bit slow, but she managed. And I am very thankful for that since most of my posts are in the RPG section. Than came Garen LiLorian. He allowed me to play in my very first RPG: The wolf run. And there I encountered the Warg pack of the lovely Piosenniel for the very first time. It was a rough battle, but we all managed. Along RPGing I got hooked up with some other Downers whom I grew very fond of. I consider them my friends and hope they do to: Durelin, Amanaduial the archer, Aylwen Dreamsong, Lyra Greenleaf, Brinniel, Elentari Greenleaf and Dragoneyes. They are the best you can get when it comes to RPGing. Of course there are the Mods. They have assisted me a great deal. You all know that my first language is Dutch and that I have some problems with the spelling and Grammar. They have always been so nice to point me to such things. Although I got mad at some for that. I apologize for that again. You all mean well I know. Than there is the wickedest guy of them all. The founder of this site. Barrow-Wight. I can't thank him enough for letting this happen. He is quite smart of you see what he has managed here. And a cutie too. If I have forgotten anyone, sorry!!!!! I had no time to prepare. That is not Aman's fault. I was away for personal business. But hey, can't be here all the time right? But I'm babbling again. I got the "Patience is a Virtue" Downie. Well, that really surprised me I must say. Patience is a quality I lack if you ask me. I understand I got it for sparing the Wargs played by Pio. I must say that I have been blessed with he fact that Pio asked that. They reappeared in another RPG, so I had the honour of slaughtering Carchmoroth's pack again. And they will be again. I don't know if they will be so lucky next time. I just tell you Carchmoroth: If I meet you in a dark alley, Ill personally break of your head. And don't think that is a joke! With all respect to Pio of course. Well now, I thank you all for the Award and will certainly be here again next year. Although I don't know if I get another one hahahahaha. Good night you all!!!"
Old 05-06-2003, 03:01 PM   #155
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Poppy awoke with a sudden start as the crowd cheered for Helkahothion. Applauding with the rest, she blinked blearily and surveyed the room. It looked a little more…chaotic…than when she had gone to sleep. Orcs were still repairing some damage, and she heard some mumbling nearby about Mithadan…and an apple…

Rubbing her eyes, she sat up straight, watching the proceedings on stage.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:00 PM   #156
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Nuru grinned widely and blushed furiously as she stepped up onto the stage to accept her award. She gave Rie and Talômi enthusiastic hugs and went forward to the microphone to make her speech.

"I would like to thank Rie and Talômi for being so kind as to present me with this award," she said, "and I'll try not to make this too lengthy, but there is a little to say!

"I suppose the first thing I'd like to say is that In the Shadow of the Star is by far one of the best RPGs I've ever had the fortune to be in, and I'd like to thank those responible for inviting me to play the roles I currently am playing, as well all who are participating in it.

"Secondly, I'd like to say a few names that deserve recognition: Child of the 7th Age and Piosenniel taught be to be a better writer and RPer through The Long Winter RPG as well as the Dragon. Bethberry also deserves my thanks.

"Manardariel, Eruantalon (who sadly had to leave the Barrow-Downs), Durelin, Sindae, and all the others who played in the first RPG I owned, Hobbit's Gift. Without their help I couldn't have been a successful game owner.

"Orual deserves special thanks for all her help and kind words, and also gracing most of the RPGs I've been in with her presence.

"mark12_30 is also a very special person indeed, though we don't know each other very well. She deserves much thanks for introducing me to the Walk to Rivendell, but also for her wonderful portrayal of Frodo in The Shadow of the Star, nearly bringing tears to my eyes as Frodo returned through her writing.

"I would also like to thank Bekah for her arguements with me concerning Faramir." Knowing that that discussion was rather touchy to some people, she rushed on. "That helped me develop my skills in defending my opinions which in turn got my brain warmed up enough to write Angelica and Peony's scenes during the birth of Pio's twins.

"And, though she doesn't yet belong to the BD forums, thanks goes to my friend Nicrabanwen who had given me her undying support throughout the years, even when I'm the lowest in my writing."

Nurumaiel paused for a moment, then said, "Thank you all and, to be bold and dare say it, God bless," and stepped down from the stage.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:43 PM   #157
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

A paunch middle-aged Hobbit with graying hair entered the auditorium, glancing around suspiciously. She stood in the corner for a little while, observing the shocking blue transformation and departure of Lush. “I thought her purity was a bit put on…” Lousewort Chastitybelt muttered to herself. But she had little time to dwell on the scarlet woman of the Downs, as the poisoning of Mithadan soap opera unfolded upon the stage with numerous subplots. This was all quite shocking to the Hobbit, and she shook her head at the shocking behavior exhibited by even the Mods in this strange place.

Finally, after a while, she caught sight of the person responsible for dragging her to this party. Diamond stood up in her seat and applauded loudly when Estelyn received the Canon Award for the RPG Most Faithful to the Spirit of Tolkien. Diamond, as the woman responsible for such Tolkien-True characters as Pimpiowyn Took (the daughter of a hobbit lass and a man) and Vogonwë Brownbark (the half-elven son of the third cousin of King Thranduil, thrice removed) was thrilled to see the woman who had made this possible, acknowledged with such a prestigious award. A true Patron of the Arts, was Estelyn Telcontar!

Filled with these heady feelings of gratitude and admiration, Diamond leapt up and dropped her beer can as she tried to instigate an impromptu wave for Estelyn, the Parody Queen. Doing thus, she made herself visible to the Hobbit lurking in the corner. Lousewort cautiously made her way over to stand by Diamond’s seat.

“I want to go home!”

Diamond paused and glanced at her. Sighing, she muttered, “Oh, go sulk somewhere else, you wet blanket.”

“You said there would be a donation to the Garden Club in this, and you lied!” Lousewort accused, pointy a pudgy finger at Diamond.

“What do you mean? Didn’t you find the lady in the breastplate?”

“Yes, and I tried to speak with her, but she ignored me completely!” Lousewort complained. “I stood at the bar for hours trying to find out if she had a contribution, but all that got me was being subjected to watching hours of wanton drunkenness!”

“Maybe she didn’t notice you,” Diamond suggested. “Hobbits are awfully small. Perhaps you didn’t speak up loud enough. Now, look over there, in the front row. She’s sitting there with her Hobbit escort. Now would be the best time to approach her.”

Lousewort looked where Diamond pointed, and was about to refuse to comply. But then she considered the great expenses which had been expended to purge the Shire of that flagitious article a few weeks back. Not to mention how much it had cost to arrange the protest outside the Party. The Garden Club was feeling the pinch, and as the Treasurer had resigned recently to start a brothel in the South Farthing (not that the GC would publicly admit this) it was up to Lousewort to take care of funds.

“All right,” she agreed reluctantly. “I will try again.”

She walked up to the front row and sat down next to the odd looking sheildmaiden and the bespectacled Hobbit. She cleared her throat and said, “Um… Excuse me…”

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 05-06-2003, 04:54 PM   #158
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Ith was quickly falling asleep on Brinniel's shoulder as the awards were presented. She had discovered long ago that she did not do well with sitting and listening for long periods of time, and this show, however momentous it was, became no exception. Brinn sat and watched patiently through Helka's acceptance speech, then politely applauded as he went offstage. Ithaeliel opened her tired eyes, gave a few halfhearted claps, and returned to resting on poor Brinniel's left shoulder. "Wake me up when I have to clap again," she mumbled to her pillow before sinking into dreamland.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:57 PM   #159
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

The Saucepan Man was busily attempting to apologise to the Elf whom he had unintentionally floored with his errant cooking pot, but she seemed far more interested in the large Dragon standing before her holding a lap top. Rubbing his eyes, he looked up in time to see a great Eagle swooping erratically over the heads of the audience with another Elven maid clinging on for dear life.

Deciding that he had most definately had enough excitement for one awards ceremony, and noticing that the awards were still being handed out on stage, Saucepan slunk quietly (well, as quietly as he could considering his strange attire) back to his seat at the back of the auditorium and settled down to enjoy the remainder of the show.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:59 PM   #160
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Menelien hadn't been quite asleep, so she had heard all that had gone on, but only now did she really wake up. She jabbed Eladoriel, who was asleep, in the ribs, but she didn't wake up, so she got up and stretched a bit, sighed, and sat back down. My awards presentation is almost ready... she thought.