Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2006, 11:10 AM   #401
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I don't quite see your problem Nogrod. We are a distance from the town now, just haven't posted lots. Bregos are just entering burnt village now, it should take perhaps a full day before we meet.
According to Arry #191, very near (the stars are already shining as you move a little out from the village...) indeed. If we would be just a night-walks distance from it to north, we would be within a couple of miles distance of each other. You wouldn't use 1½ days to that one...
Old 03-13-2006, 11:13 AM   #402
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
AAAhhhhh I see well I guess we will have to leave that up to Arry to decide!
Old 03-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #403
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
AAAhhhhh I see well I guess we will have to leave that up to Arry to decide!
I think so too.

Although, there is the possibility, that we just happen to be writing about things happening around roughly the same place, but actually, there is one day's difference in our posts: so you Wulfhamers write about things that happened a day before the things we are now writing about...

But that would mean, that we Brego's should write one more, really fast day (one post perhaps) to actually take you up...

Arrryyy!

EDIT: PS. I don't know, which is the normal procedure here, but from the gaming point of view, it would be best for us to meet pretty soon? Maybe your day spent finding new people & burning the bodies could be the 1 day we're behind? That would leave us with ½ a days trailing behind (we'd be ½ days ride from the burnt town). So if we rise up early and ride fast as Wulfhamers oversleep a bit, we might meet at the next evening (game time), a day's ride from the burnt village?

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-13-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #404
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
I've readjusted one of my previous traveling posts to shorten the time between the two groups and one other positioning post for the present Wulfham camp.

So, now we are all in the same time period.

Bregos - you are on the small rise just overlooking the burned village. It is within easy walking distance from there to the village proper.

Wulfham, we are two hours south of the burned village. And this is a day we plan on replenishing some of our food stocks.

Bregos, you can possibly reach us by noon or a little later, depending on whether or not you travel more slowly through the burned village to see what happened.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #405
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I would like to have some conversation with one or two of the people in the Wulfham group today (game time), but I don't know how talkative Athwen's going to be on her own. Who would like to break the ice?

-- Folwren
Old 03-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #406
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
I've readjusted one of my previous traveling posts to shorten the time between the two groups and one other positioning post for the present Wulfham camp.

So, now we are all in the same time period.

Bregos - you are on the small rise just overlooking the burned village. It is within easy walking distance from there to the village proper.

Wulfham, we are two hours south of the burned village. And this is a day we plan on replenishing some of our food stocks.

Bregos, you can possibly reach us by noon or a little later, depending on whether or not you travel more slowly through the burned village to see what happened.
Great!

This sounds really good now.

Undómė: I hope Raedwald has some time to talk with Sythric in the early morning hours. If R is in guard and S wakes a bit early, they might share a pipeful before we all go. I'll end my post with that...
Old 03-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #407
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Quote:
I would like to have some conversation with one or two of the people in the Wulfham group today (game time), but I don't know how talkative Athwen's going to be on her own. Who would like to break the ice?

-- Folwren

I don't know if any of the men really would approach you first, and Vaenosa definatley wouldn't!!

I will do that for in my next post and maybe go hunting and show Athwen how my rock thrower weapon works!

PS--I'm sick today, so it may not be my best writing.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #408
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alright. That sounds good. I don't know where exactly Athwen will be. Probably sitting rather dully around the camp. Looking forward to it. Will you be able to write it today?

-- Folwren
Old 03-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #409
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Folwren, it will be today but maybe not until very late today....sorry
Old 03-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #410
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dūm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Since Leod and Athwen know each other, I would like them to speak briefly about what's happened to their village. Would that be alright? I'll wait, however, till Naria finishes the post for her own character. The discussion can even be after we leave this location and meet up with the other group. I have a feeling that Leod and Athwen's feeling of loss and grieving for the village won't go away in just a day or two.

By the way, does our village have a name? Maybe I missed it.....

Folwren - Would your character possibly approach Leod at some point, or should I do it later on?

Now, off to do some fishing....
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #411
Undómė
Shade of Carn Dūm

Undómė has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Nogrod

I've left a save for Rędwald - but I'm going to work soon, and won't be back til very late.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 03-13-2006, 03:34 PM   #412
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo
By the way, does our village have a name? Maybe I missed it.....
Sythric has called it Scyffold, as he has been there a couple of times - not that he knows the village well, but then again, knows the place roughly.

Maybe the villagers had some nicknames for it etc. but as I didn't find any mention of the name for the village in your previous posting, I took the liberty to name it...

Undómė: I think that's no problem, because you have the save there.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #413
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dūm

Valier,

Your last post has a sig you might want to erase.

Just wanted to remind you that Leod is near to being a tottering grey beard! You can certainly be afraid of his gruff demeanor, but he likely wouldn't hurt a flea unless directly attacked.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #414
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Thanks Telvido! I have edited it!

I'm sure Leod's a nice grey beard, but Vaenosa is more uneasy about older men then young. I am sure they will get along later. Maybe he could approach her somehow and chat. He could be like a father figure to her maybe?
Old 03-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #415
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dūm

Let's do this slowly. My character is definitely a curmudgeon. The easiest way for Vaenosa to trust Leod would probably not be for them to talk. Leod is not too good at heart-to-hearts. He may talk with Folwren's character but he has known her since she was a wee babe.

But, if Vaenosa got in any kind of trouble --needing help to get out of a little jam or having some kind of injury, Leod would be there to help her in a split second. Perhaps we can work something out as the action goes forward.

P.M. me if you get any ideas.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #416
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Arry may I ask when again in *rl* we plan on having our groups meet? I want to be around for that! Shall we be meeting at night or at day?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:08 PM   #417
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tevildo and Folwren just go on without me for now. I'm way too sick to be on my computer for any length of time, so I won't be getting my post up today.

Sorry
Old 03-14-2006, 04:03 AM   #418
Undómė
Shade of Carn Dūm

Undómė has just left Hobbiton.
SAVE filled -
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 03-14-2006, 04:12 AM   #419
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Folwren

Do you want to have Athwen come down to the river and hang out a bit - I'm sure Brand would find something for her to do. He likes to organise things and, of course, "Many hands make light work".
Old 03-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #420
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Tevildo
Since Leod and Athwen know each other, I would like them to speak briefly about what's happened to their village. Would that be alright? I'll wait, however, till Naria finishes the post for her own character. The discussion can even be after we leave this location and meet up with the other group. I have a feeling that Leod and Athwen's feeling of loss and grieving for the village won't go away in just a day or two.

Folwren - Would your character possibly approach Leod at some point, or should I do it later on?
Quote:
Originally posted by Arry
Folwren

Do you want to have Athwen come down to the river and hang out a bit - I'm sure Brand would find something for her to do. He likes to organise things and, of course, "Many hands make light work".
Um. . .I'll decide who to approach after I catch up on the reading. A lot happened in the game overnight.

Tevildo: It's probably likely that Athwen and Leod will end up talking sometime. I don't know how soon. Maybe immediately, but maybe not. It depends. They weren't altogether close to each other, if you see what I mean, but they did know each other. That could either make it easier, or infinitely more difficult to talk about their village and friends and family immediately. Chances are, Athwen (if not Leod, too) won't want to talk about it for a few days, at least. And, yes, you're right - they are not going to be getting over this in two days. So. . .p'raps we should wait a bit until they start to talk. I don't know about Leod, but I think that Athwen will be comforted by merely knowing him and that he survived, even if they don't talk much. It's too over whelming just now to talk about what happened out right.

Arry: I'll consider your offer. That might be good. Depending on where Tevildo has put Leod and what everyone is up to, Athwen might decide to take a small walk and come across you.

But, as I said, I won't make any firm decisions until I've read the RPG.

By the way - my sister is back up on her feet and will be coming into work tomorrow. So, I have today and then I'm not here tomorrow, and then I'll be back for Thursday.

EDIT: Okay, I've written a post and am now approaching all the gentlemen. It turns out my task was rather simple this morning, seeing as everyone was together.

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 03-14-2006 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #421
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Folwren, I think you may have misunderstood me a little bit. I wanted the group to do what they wanted and talk or whatever and not have to wait for me to do my post. I don't have a problem with the first part of your post, Incana being awake already and cleaning the fish and saying 'good morning'. What I do have a problem with is this(bolded):

Quote:
Incana said nothing, having the excuse to stay intent on her work. Athwen watched quietly for a moment before asking, ‘Where is everyone else?’

‘The men are gone fishing,’ Incana answered, motioning towards the river with her knife, ‘and Vaenosa is over there with the horses.’

‘Leod is with the other two?’ Athwen asked. Incana nodded, not quite knowing what to say to the look in Athwen’s eyes. Athwen paused a moment, and her eyes rested on the fish. Her stomach turned with uncommon sickness at the sight and she drew back involuntarily. What was it? The sight of the entrails, perhaps. . .but it had never bothered her before. . .before yesterday.

She got up quickly and brushed the stray grasses from her skirt. ‘I’m going to go look for him, I think,’ she said. Incana nodded again.

‘They’re over by the river. A little down stream, I think, but I’m not positive. Haven’t left camp this morning yet and that was only the general direction they went in.’
Incana is not like this, she would not just nod at a statement, or have a cold one word response. My character wouldn't have a problem looking into Athwen's eyes, in fact she would have noticed something wasn't right with your character that morning. She also would not have let the young girl go away from camp without offering some tea and/or something to eat. Also, Incana would have noticed that Athwen was fiddling with her hair and would have offered to brush it for Athwen before she went down to the river.

If you could change these few things in your post and/or leave them out that would be great. Thanks
Old 03-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #422
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oi. Sorry. Terribly, terribly sorry. Will change it at once. I was trying to make it brief with your character but not uncomfortable, without you writing. I wasn't sure how you would mind me using your character. . .some people don't mind, but others do, and that's fine. I'll change it immediately. Give me a few minutes.

How 'bout if Incana offers her some tea, but Athwen declines? Will that work for you?
And, also, when she was messing with her hair, she was already walking away. It was rather something in the middle of nothing, actually. . .can we let that one slip and Incana not notice? Perhaps being pre-occupied with the fish?

-- Folwren
Old 03-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #423
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I don't mind someone using my character, as long as I know ahead of time. I don't mind at all if Athwen declines Incana's offer. Thanks Folwren!!
Old 03-14-2006, 11:02 AM   #424
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No problem! I know entirely how it is not wanting your character messed with. I apologize for misrepresenting her, and if you ever want me to change anything concerning your character again, don't hesitate to tell me. I'm glad you told me this time. I'm about to post my edited post. Read it, and let me know what you think. If I don't have it right this time, maybe you could write out how you would have Incana react and I'll put it in.

EDIT: How's that?

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 03-14-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:11 AM   #425
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Way better, thanks again!
Old 03-14-2006, 11:50 AM   #426
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dūm

Naria - I'm glad you're feeling better.

Folwren - Sounds good to me. I'll let your character decide where and when to approach Leod and the type of conversation they'll have. Leod will respond in kind to what Athwen says.

I see you mentioned Leod to Incana, so I'll just wait and see where this leads.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #427
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

All players

I'm just announcing, that I will be having a couple of weeks of more intensive working periods (RL), and won't be posting as frequently as I have this far - or then only less substantial reaction-posts (I hope I will have a chance or two to look at the situation more closely during the time, and I'll try to make something more relevant for the game from my part then). Kind of nasty, as things are just coming to get really interesting...

Bregos'!

I've made a save where Sythric thinks of going to take a look at the town (see the thread: I have a short depiction there). And just before my quieter time, I would like to make another post where Sythric checks the place and comes to some conclusions. After that, feel free to use Sythric as you see fit... I'll reclaim, if I think you have done something very badly in regard of his personality (=probably not).
Old 03-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #428
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Just to be on the safe side, I'll mention that Osmod will not want to stay in the village. He has been there already and so he'll go down to the village with the group (Should they decide to do it) but will not stop to look around in the village as he feels they must hurry to prevent the same destruction happening to Bregoware. Any riders wanting to scout ahead with Osmod will be accepted

Also, during this scouting we could finally run into the Wulfham group!!

What do you all say?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #429
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Just to be on the safe side, I'll mention that Osmod will not want to stay in the village. He has been there already and so he'll go down to the village with the group (Should they decide to do it) but will not stop to look around in the village as he feels they must hurry to prevent the same destruction happening to Bregoware. Any riders wanting to scout ahead with Osmod will be accepted

Also, during this scouting we could finally run into the Wulfham group!!

What do you all say?
We seem to have cross-posted!

I thought, that S would be ready to go beforehand to assess the situation. I quess that's alright by you Farael?

S would hope for all of you to see the disaster, to strengthen you to face such things, but surely it's up to you and Osmod... (and if Raedwald manages to change your mind - if he's got Sythric's idea to begin with... or thinks the same about it).

Just don't run away just yet: if you have a post ready to scout things ahead, let me make a save first for Sythric in the village? Inform me about your decision, so that I can act to it immediately...

EDIT: I'm not suggesting lingering at the village either, just hoping for the others to see it and have a taste of war to help them later...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-14-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:05 PM   #430
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nogrod:
Don't worry, it won't all happen in one post... After you offer going to the village Osmod will have something to say about it and he will still go through the village (If the group decides to do it anyway). Once there, he'll let whoever wants to stay for a bit to look around do so while he gets ahead. On another post (after giving time for you guys to post or at least put up saves) he may or may not run into the Wulfham group later on the day.... I'm waiting for Arry's ok on that, so Arry? what do you say?

Also, this time Osmod will not want to run alone as he has done the previous day, so any other characters who want to join in will be welcomed.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:12 PM   #431
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Nogrod:
Don't worry, it won't all happen in one post... After you offer going to the village Osmod will have something to say about it and he will still go through the village (If the group decides to do it anyway).
Sounds good. I'll fill my save in one hour, about.

I'll try to write my other post (Sythric going about in the town before the others) tonight, but will see, when is the best time (RL) to post it actually...

Quote:
I'm waiting for Arry's ok on that, so Arry? what do you say?

Also, this time Osmod will not want to run alone as he has done the previous day, so any other characters who want to join in will be welcomed.
Let's hear from Arry, and then keep going. You can take Sythric with you to scout. I can make "shorter" mails the next days anyhow. If anyone else want's to go, go. I'm not reserving a place here, but just giving Farael a chance to have someone with Osmod, if anyone else does not want to do it / has not time to post for approval before Farael wants to move us forwards...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-14-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #432
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Bregowarians!

I filled my save. Hope you give me a leave...

I'll start writing that "Sythric in the village" -stuff quite soon, and will put it in, when I see it appropriate (after Farael's post I think...).

Then just let's go for it!

PS. Quite a good aprroximation:

18.12 (GMT)
Quote:
Sounds good. I'll fill my save in one hour, about.
Compare to this one: 19.13 (GMT)!

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-14-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #433
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Farael

By "later on the day" - do you mean the Bregos will run into the other group later in the day, game time - or you will try to run into the Wulfham group later on today, Real Life?

Today or tomorrow RL would be good - just let us know.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #434
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Arry & others!

I just noted, that you Wolfhamers were having a fire lit up in the morning - a good one indeed. Could it be seen from the hill? The distance would be ok., but is it in a safe position, looked at from the hill? That could give us some directions to actually come that way (to see for possible rescued people etc.?)
Old 03-14-2006, 01:45 PM   #435
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
Farael

By "later on the day" - do you mean the Bregos will run into the other group later in the day, game time - or you will try to run into the Wulfham group later on today, Real Life?

Today or tomorrow RL would be good - just let us know.
Sorry Arry, I meant later on the day gametime... I will probably post the response to Nogrod's last post tonight, and so we'd be meeting tomorrow RL.... works well for you?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #436
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
I will probably post the response to Nogrod's last post tonight
I hope you are letting Sythric go, for I intended to write my post at the town before I go to sleep (in a couple of hours), and will be putting a save there too for that one (that surely can be cancelled).

Note me, if you have other intentions...
Old 03-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #437
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I hope you are letting Sythric go, for I intended to write my post at the town before I go to sleep (in a couple of hours), and will be putting a save there too for that one (that surely can be cancelled).

Note me, if you have other intentions...
Oh, no.... Osmod won't forbid anyone to go into the town and look around if they want to. Post your in-town thoughts whenever you feel like it, I'll adapt to them if necessary.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:05 PM   #438
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Oh, no.... Osmod won't forbid anyone to go into the town and look around if they want to. Post your in-town thoughts whenever you feel like it, I'll adapt to them if necessary.
Will be posting them before I go to sleep (1-2 hours from now on).

And if I'm not online when you write your post (which probably is the situation), please use Sythric as you will. You should at least meet him - either in the town center or at the SW-corner - as you choose: S will be there waiting for you. He might even volunteer as a scout, as he seems to be very fresh this morning! (You can write him volunteering and coming with Osmod) I am happy also, if someone else wants to go with Osmod. Just giving Farael some space to maneuvre fast, for we really should start meeting those Wulfhamers...
Old 03-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #439
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Bregowarians

I filled my "in the village" -post also.

I have a couple of things to note.

1) The wulfhamers posted about chicken running loose, but never took the topic over again. Well, now Sythric has catched them, and found some eggs too.

2) That is the reason, why Sythric won't be at the place where we made a deal. Please feel free to write Sythric's coming in, late, and be sorry - and kind of excusing his being late with the chicken and the eggs. Being at a good mood - the present situation notwithstanding

3) Especially Farael (others too): feel free to interpret anything from Sythric's earlier post concerning his findings. They hopefully are vague enough to have different options to be considered? (feel free to make him tell of his findings, if you wish)

4) Farael: if others do not volunteer as scouts, Sythric will be with you.

... and as I am not sure, how often, and how much I can post the following days, I hope you do not stop waiting for Sythric's response, but go ahead with him. I can yell for corrections afterwards. So use him as you see it fit.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:22 PM   #440
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Folwren

Brand has caught sight of Athwen