The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2003, 11:26 AM   #441
Tefalathiel
Pile O'Bones

Tefalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hey, how come I'm not on the walkers list? Would somebody fix that, please?
I may not "visit" quite often, but I'm a very good walker!
Just the other day, for instance, I arrieved at Tom Bombadil's house for a little chat with Goldberry and refreshing after standing Tom's loud saving-from-oldman-willow method. Now I know why that tree has to obey him and did not react to my beautifull ( [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ) songs! Ouch, my poor pointy little ears!
So, you see, I DO deserve to be on that list!

P.S. Would someboby please tell me the significations of these icons you use at the begining of each post? Thank you!

[ May 24, 2003: Message edited by: Tefalathiel ]
Old 05-24-2003, 12:09 PM   #442
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Dear Tefalathiel, I would be delighted to put you on the list. I seem to update it about every two weeks, but I'm not sure when I'll get my next chance. I am out of town now, and don't have my usual software here with me. However, when I do, I will certainly add you in, and anyone else that is on this thread and not yet added.

In general, it is extremely helpful to me if people do post their mileage in their "FROM" section in their profile, so that your milage is continually ipdated as you post and I don't have to search the thread for it. If you don't know how to do that, it's simple; go to your profile and edit it, and enter your milage in the "FROM" section (perhaps it's called location.)

Thanks, everyone! Hopefully Rae and I will get a chance to write up a nice report soon. We've been having a blast. We're off to the zoo and the aquarium in a few minutes.

Later, --mark12_30
Old 05-24-2003, 09:42 PM   #443
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm sure we all know how nice it is to have something to show when we've accomplished a goal. So...I have created a certificate of recognition for all those who complete the Walk to Rivendell. Remember, it's not a race, so whenever go get there you have completed something that was worthwhile.

We (mark12_30 and I) have discussed either emailing it to each participant as they enter Rivendell or linking it to her web site. If we email, it will be easier for me to add each of your names on my computer, so they are complete when you receive them. However, if we post it elsewhere, you can print it yourself and put your own name on it.

Well, let us know what you think, and happy walking everyone!
Old 05-25-2003, 10:39 AM   #444
bain_edhel

Sting

Wow, I just discovered this idea a few days ago, and I think it's a really good one. I've walked 12 miles now, so I still have a long way to go, but it helps when you have to walk to school about 4 times every day (my school is about a mile from my house). [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2003, 07:35 PM   #445
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

peony_foxburr has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peony_foxburr
Question

Peony thought we were all going downtown to get tattoos when we reach Rivendell..kinda like that icon of "JRRT" without the "J?"
Peony's alter ego, shocked and horrified, is making her edit the post thusly [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
while Peony tells her alter ego to "live it up, you're not even fifty yet!"

[ May 25, 2003: Message edited by: peony_foxburr ]
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
peony_foxburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 09:43 PM   #446
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

LOL! That's a date, Peony!

Alaklondewen, That's a GREAT idea, too!
Old 05-26-2003, 06:48 PM   #447
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Been seeing quite a few rabbits on the morning walks. I wonder if the hobbits saw as many. I counted 8 in 1 mile! No wonder Tolkien didn’t mention a food shortage at this point! Also have been hearing those “hidden birds”. One of them sounds like a cross between a crow and a badly played high note on a cello. Hear it first thing in the morning. Pretty eery.

The certificate sounds like a good idea!

The tattoo sounds good too, but only if it temporary. I could put it next to the eye on my right ankle. This is not exactly true, but any Lemony Snicket fans might find it amusing. No, I am not a follower of Sauron!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ May 27, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:06 PM   #448
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

I'm now at Crickhollow and am at 74 miles right now. I have recently been in Mississippi(Bucklebury Ferry) walking all over in the forests and around the lakes with my cousins. I also permenantly impressed The road goes ever on and on.... in their minds.
*walks off singing to herself* The road goes ever on and on, out from the door...
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:57 PM   #449
Vardamar
Haunting Spirit

Vardamar has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Vardamar had heard of the Great Barrows, and the green mounds, and the stone-rings upon the hills and in the hollows among the hills. Sheep were bleating in flocks. Green walls and white walls rose. There were fortresses on the heights. Kings of little kingdoms fought together, and the young Sun shone like fire on the red metal of their new and greedy swords. There was victory and defeat; and towers fell, fortresses were burned, and flames went up into the sky.

Hehe…I ran 18 miles in 5 days(3 5mile runs, and 3 1mile runs) just to get away from the infernal racket that some call Tom’s singing. I’m up to 134 miles now, and am wandering the Barrow-Downs! Tomorrow I start my cycling, for I must be ready for the local triathlon this fall…

On a side note, I am now a Wight with 101 posts!
Old 05-27-2003, 10:21 PM   #450
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Way to go, Vardamar!

How Hobbit-like of you Arafangwen; walking with cousins. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 03:45 PM   #451
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Zounds, I am being left in the dust! Some of you hobbits and elves are traipsing along at amazing speeds. I have updated the list (in the first post) as best I can. Please put your miles in your profile, it makes it MUCH easier for me! Thanks to those of you that are already doing that.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:14 PM   #452
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've been forgetting to tell you all my progress! I have now biked 170 miles. Hoorah! Hm, I wonder how my TREK would really hold up in Chetwood.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:41 PM   #453
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I have created a certificate of recognition for all those who complete the Walk to Rivendell.
alaklondewen: What a great idea!! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] I like the idea of e-mailing them to us with our names already printed in. Of course, you know you'll need to do another one when we reach Mt. Doom....

What a relaxing weekend!! Goldberry and I just lazed around the campsite, chit-chatting and having a pint or two. We did take a short hike down to the river and bathed our feet in the water, but that's about it. I saw a gold ring lying on the side of the path, so I picked it up and put it in my pocket. (Don't tell Gollum!!) Only 6 more miles to go before we get to the East Road, and then it's on to Bree!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

--------------------

While they were eating Tom went up to the mound, and looked through the treasures. Most of these he made into a pile that glistened and sparkled on the grass. He bade them lie there 'free to all finders, birds, beasts, Elves or Men, and all kindly creatures'; for so the spell of the mound should be broken and scattered and no Wight ever come back to it. He chose for himself from the pile a brooch set with blue stones, many-shaded like flax-flowers or the wings of blue butterflies.
...For each of the hobbits he chose a dagger, long, leaf-shaped, and keen, of marvellous workmanship, damasked with serpent-forms in red and gold. They gleamed as he drew them from their black sheaths, wrought of some strange metal, light and strong, and set with many fiery stones.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:16 PM   #454
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Somehow I always thought Goldberry the white wine type.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:20 PM   #455
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Peony begins to wonder if the logo on her sneakers stands for "Nazgul Balance" as that pesky blister on one heel WON'T go away!!! And the Elvish medicine doesn't seem to keep it from opening up [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]...Back to lots of big Bandaids over the heel...She does have to walk very fast for her short hobbit legs to keep up with that Longshanks Strider fella. As it began raining quite hard in the Forest today, she walked even faster and estimates she was cruising along at 1 mile in 14 mins. Go Peony!
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
Old 05-29-2003, 05:00 AM   #456
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Go Peony, go! Wow a 14 minute mile...I have been averaging in at 3 miles an hour even in the rain!

I figured that if I were trying to walk 17 miles a day, like our friends, it would take close to 6 hours or more with out any breaks. Then one would have to set up camp, cook, break up camp and so on in there too. Sounds like a realistic distance to me. Barring blisters and other unscheduled events of course! Hope yours will heal quickly!

[ May 29, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 05-29-2003, 11:34 AM   #457
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi all!

I've been a bit aloft lately due to the continuing education. However summer is at my door, and I hope to be able to run my way to Rivendell before winter sets in! I have a few miles to add to my total...but I'm sure I'm way behind the rest.

I'm like that little hobbit who always ends up dawdling at the back of the pack [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 12:11 PM   #458
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Glad to see you're still around, Rochelle, even if you haven't had time to walk.

I'm taking a rest at Crickhollow, I suppose. Since there is absolutely no time to walk and nowhere to go, I've been counting the miles walking around the small cabin and retrieving ping-pong balls for the kids. Now I understand how Frodo must have felt when he arrived at Crickhollow. Everything was being done to make it comfortable and like home, but it isn't home just the same, and you wish you were back. But home is 75 miles away.... (or, if I were to be realistic, 25 - 30 miles). I am also missing my garden, so I can sympathize with Sam as well.

Needless to say, I am still walking, though I haven't had the time to post here.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:41 PM   #459
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril

Wow, it sure took a long time to reach the Road. But now we're only 8 miles from Bree...I think I'll join Goldberry at the Butterbur Day Spa & have a massage too.

Quote:
Somehow I always thought Goldberry the white wine type.
That's just a front she puts on in public. She likes a pint of beer as well as (or better than) any hobbit I know.

--------------------

...at last they saw a line of tall trees ahead, and they knew that they had come back to the Road after many unexpected adventures. They galloped their ponies over the last furlongs, and halted under the long shadows of the trees. They were on the top of a sloping bank, and the Road, now dim as evening drew on, wound away below them.
...They rode down the bank and looked up and down. There was nothing to be seen. 'Well, here we are again at last!' said Frodo. 'I suppose we haven't lost more than two days by my short cut through the Forest!'
...only now when it lay beneath their feet did they remember the danger which pursued them, and was more than likely to be lying in wait for them upon the Road itself. They looked anxiously back towards the setting sun, but the Road was brown and empty.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:51 PM   #460
Tarvasa
Pile O'Bones

Tarvasa has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Took a break, but the last time I was out on the road I kept stumbling, which is way too much for this fat hobbit. I met some high elves, and I am now staying at thier home for a while, I don't want to leave! But, there is that other lovely elven home farther away, I must reach it! Now at 43 miles....Now I am going to go curl up and read the Silmarillion.
Tarvasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 09:01 PM   #461
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Sophia finds herself trudging and trudging. She's still in the Bonfire Glade, though she's come seven miles since her last post. Fortunately with the weekend coming up she should get in a big old hike (around an amusement park).

Stopping to peer into the distance Sophia thinks she spots Alaklondewen a good thirty miles up the road. She hauls up her pants (which aren't noticeably looser, but it seems that they should be with all the running about she's been doing) and sets off in the wake of the quickly vanishing Alak. She has a long way to go if she's to catch up by Bree.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 11:35 PM   #462
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Hey Helen I finally added my milage to my location. I estimated that with all my running, warming up, and races for track, my walking to and from school, walks with my Mom and the dogs in the evening, the work outs on the treadmill, and the two 12 km races that I have completed, that I have probably traveled about 289 miles. Better than I thought I could have done.

[ May 30, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 05-30-2003, 10:13 AM   #463
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Journeying on through the Bonfire Glade, Miss Robin Brandybuck caught sight of Sophia, walking only ten miles ahead of her. Maybe if Miss Brandybuck hurries, the two can walk together for a ways!

Yesterday I took a three mile walk and it was absolutely beautiful. I walked along the lakeside on this beautiful, completely empty trail well-worn from the horses that have passed over it through the years. It took my breath away, especially when me and the young hobbit lad walking with me came to what I call a 'sand-cliff' -which is basically the trail atop the sand which slopes down a long way into the water- with spider plants all over it, making me feel just as though I were on a mysterious and abandoned isle...
Old 05-30-2003, 01:54 PM   #464
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Silmaril

Rushing to leave Crickhollow(she hated crickets) Arafangwen passed through Bonfire Glade and saw Nurumaiel not far ahead but running quickly away. She decided to try and catch up with her and walk with company for a change(even though the urge to stay at the excitingly large fires was extremely tempting). She had decided that walking with her cousins was meriting her as a hobbit, and this she did not like(she was an elf after all [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). *walks off singing, what else!?* (82 miles! Yeah me!)
Old 05-30-2003, 02:05 PM   #465
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Hey.. Ok I am still walking... beeing dragged out of bed by my boyfriend.. running, ice-skating and going to the gym... does it ever stop? Ok I worked it out I have done 138 miles.. not bad [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 04:15 PM   #466
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Hey look, Goldberry!! There's Bree-hill off in the distance. We'll be there tonight. It's a good thing I called Mr. Butterbur yesterday for reservations. He also promised to have supper ready in our rooms when we get there. I don't think I'll go into the Common Room with this ring in my pocket.

--------------------

"I am sorry to take leave of Master Bombadil," said Sam. "...But I won't deny I'll be glad to see this 'Prancing Pony' he spoke of. I hope it'll be like 'The Green Dragon' away back home!" ..."It may be all we could wish," said Frodo; "but it is outside the Shire all the same. Don't make yourselves too much at home! Please remember--all of you--that the name of Baggins must NOT be mentioned. I am Mr. Underhill, if any name must be given."

They now mounted their ponies and rode off silently into the evening. Darkness came down quickly, as they plodded slowly downhill and up again, until at last they saw lights twinkling some distance ahead.

Before them rose Bree-hill barring the way, a dark mass against misty stars; and under its western flank nestled a large village. Towards it they now hurried desiring only to find a fire, and a door between them and the night.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:30 PM   #467
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

Just to let everyone know, Durlossiel and I are still walking. I've about 100 miles, and Durlossiel about 90. (I do more walking than she does.)

I hope swimming counts.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 02:23 PM   #468
Vardamar
Haunting Spirit

Vardamar has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Whether because of Vardamar's skill or for some other reason, they saw no sign and heard no sound of any other living thing all that day: neither two-footed, except birds; nor four-footed, except one fox and a few squirrels.

164 miles, boy you travel much faster on the bike then on foot [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2003, 02:30 PM   #469
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Peony was very curious about all the strange new flowers and plants they had passed in the Chetwood Forest, but no one had time to identify them to her (even if she hadn't been nearly breathless keeping up with the rest of the party!). When they camped for the night, she spied a beautiful vine, as colorful as the autumn leaves, climbing a tree, and pointed it out to Strider. "Don't touch it!" he warned her, and she snatched her hand back. "It is poisonous, and you would break out in a terrible rash of boils that would itch until you scratched yourself bloody."

"Mercy me!" said Peony. "I never saw that growing in the Shire. Only the Enemy would make such an evil plant so beautiful." And she busied herself smearing more ointment on her blistered foot.
-The Return of the King
Old 05-31-2003, 03:42 PM   #470
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Having just walked 4 miles, Nurumaiel spots Sophia only that many miles ahead. She begins to hurry forward, stopping for a moment to let the misty spray from the large waterfall hit her in the face, marvelling at the beautiful sight. Then onward she hurries towards Rivendell, and, at a closer goal, Sophia.
Old 06-01-2003, 12:24 PM   #471
Tefalathiel
Pile O'Bones

Tefalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I made it through the Old Forest and the Barrowdowns [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] . But I still have a long way to go. And the upcomming exams are surely not going to help!
Well, even if I have to slow down for a while, the holliday will arrive. Just wait for it!
Old 06-01-2003, 12:44 PM   #472
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Arafangwen watched as the scenery passed by at a much slower, but more peaceful pace than normal, the Century plants had only just begun to bloom on the path she was taking and she wanted to enjoy the sweet fragrance of them as long as she could. On the other hand, she had just sighted Nurumaiel only a mile or so ahead of her, mabey if she sped up only a little.....
Old 06-01-2003, 03:01 PM   #473
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Aaah!! What a great massage! I didn't realize how many sore muscles I had...I feel much better now. Mr. B had our rooms ready when we arrived, with bread & butter, cheese, mushrooms and a wonderful onion soup for our dinner. And, of course, The Pony's excellent beer. Goldberry was going to do some shopping this morning before heading home, so I left on my own just after breakfast. Even with my new elf slippers, there's still a mighty long way to go. I heard some sniffing outside last night, so I'll cut across country to hide from the Black Riders.

--------------------

It was dark, and white stars were shining, when Frodo and his companions came at last to the Greenway-crossing and drew near the village. They came to the West-gate and found it shut, but at the door of the lodge beyond it, there was a man sitting. ..."What do you want, and where do you come from?" he asked gruffly.

"We are making for the inn here," answered Frodo. "We are journeying east and cannot go further tonight."

..."We are hobbits from Buckland, and we have a fancy to travel and to stay at the inn here," put in Merry. "I am Mr. Brandybuck. Is that enough for you?"

..."All right, all right!" said the man. "I meant no offence. But you'll find maybe that more folk than old Harry at the gate will be asking you questions. There's queer folk about. If you go on to 'The Pony', you'll find you're not the only guests."
Old 06-01-2003, 03:18 PM   #474
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

After Helen and I hiked we both checked our pedometers; Her's said 3 1/2 miles Mine said 2 1/2. Now, a week later mine just bit the dust- stupid thing!

I'm now in the Weather Hills and I see Weathertop in the distance. My injury is slowing me but not stopping me. I guess I'm just too stubborn.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:26 PM   #475
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Hi Again Guys!
My life's overwhelmed me the last couple of months, so I haven't posted. Never Fear, Fëa is here! I haven't quit walking!

My total so far is approx. 120 miles after a 3 1/5 mile hike this morning. Yay! I've finally made it just past Tom Bombadil's House!

I will try to post more often, with this week being the last week of school. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Fëa

[ June 01, 2003: Message edited by: ArwenBaggins ]
ArwenBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 07:39 PM   #476
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Sophia pauses, from the top of the bald hill and looks back. Robin Brandybuck is hurrying along not too far from her. She grins and hopes Miss Brandybuck will catch up soon. Sophia's tired of walking alone.

But, she's found out that a day at the amusement park is good for a whole lot (10) of miles... especially a day in the rain where the waits are minimal. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] This elf's discovered she loves rollercoasters...
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 01:59 AM   #477
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Eye

*phew!*

I'm still walking!
I haven't been going online, but I've been loyal to my treadmill...so far, I've got around 30 plus km on my mileage, which makes about 21.5 miles...long way to go, but i've got some more walks that i haven't added up.

Plus...it's raining...no afternoon walks for me for about two more weeks [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ June 02, 2003: Message edited by: Neferchoirwen ]
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:42 AM   #478
Faenaduial
Wight

Faenaduial has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The elf looked back at the twinkling lights of Hobbiton with fond thoughts of the merry hobbits snug and safe behind their doors.

Sorry for not posting regularly. Unfortunately lifes unexpected happenings have gotten in the way of both posting and walking but I am getting back on track. I've posted the 30 miles I walked before things got crazy.

It's a beautiful day here today and I can't wait to get out late this afternoon and sing some walking songs!
Old 06-02-2003, 07:58 AM   #479
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Sting

Good to see so many of you returning to the thread and/ or to the road! Welcome back, you've been missed!

I'm glad to leave those neekerbreeking marshes behind! Is that lightning on the horizon? I wonder where Gandalf is.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:15 PM   #480
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

It's been lovely weather here in London. In fact, just a little too lovely. I may have to start complaining about British weather in reverse. At least it hasn't been headachey since the thunderstorm...
The problem with good weather is it attracts every Black Rider for miles around. And take my word for it there are many more than 9 around here! They all seem to be topless men who think I'm only going for a walk to be wolf-whistled at, or asked out in an Eastern European accent. Not that I have a problem with Eastern European accents, (it's the idiots their attached to that I mind), it's just...Aaargh! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] . I don't WANT to have to walk around the streets instead to get away from them! Why do so few women walk around here? Maybe it's them...

So, I think I've fgured out why the Nazgul King thought he was safe from women. He was a sexist piG!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote