The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2001, 09:38 AM   #1
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Elrond the vampire

<BR>I hate to be always on the attack w/ these movies , but I get so much ammunition !<br> <br> I bought an Entertainment Weekly , to check out tj epics [my c'puter does poorly w/ the movie sites graphics] and what is on the cover? <br> a pointy -eared sword weilding arwen.<br> <br> but wait there is more.on p.38 we get some viscious looking orcs [look like they were modelled after evil relatives of the Iceman . [more pointy ears, seems PJ has not read HoME re: non-elvish origin}<br> <br> Gandalf looks positively wooden [and arthritic] at the council of elrond[?] the elves? in the background look pretty good [eventhough they seem to be modelled after Qui-Gon <br> <br> PJ is lounging by a hobbit hole door that gandalf would have to crawl through [seriously]<br> <br> and the finale-<br> Elrond looking like he is about to bite Arwen's neck in some transylvanian castle<br> -we also get to glims=pse the hitherto unknown elvish fondness for statuary that JRRT forgot to mention.<br> <br> All in all , I am afraid that while the ambiance of many scenes may be good , PJ is making a movie other than LotR<br> At least though w/ digital technology , he can remove all the pointy Elf ears .<br> <br> lindil<br> <br> <p>Lindil is often found on posting on the New Silmarillion Canon Forum at the Barrowdowns discussion board. 'The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night, and awaken early before dawn- exchanging lore and wisdom such as they possessed , so that they should not fall back into the mean and low estate of those , who never knew or more sadly still, had indeed rebelled against the Light.' </p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote