The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-17-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Sting WWJ II: Welcome to Lower Tadfield. The Apocalypse has Now Begun.

The Rules for this game of Werewolf:

A village comprised of 15 people. Roles are as follows:

Wolf: Works with other wolves to decide, each NIGHT, who to kill. Tries to kill as many of the villagers as possible without getting killed. Wins when the number of villagers equals the number of wolves.

Seer: Each NIGHT, dreams of someone and finds out that person's role. Tries to aid the village in finding the werewolves and protecting the other special villagers.

Ranger: Each NIGHT, chooses one villager to protect from the wolves.

Hunter: Each NIGHT, chooses one person to kill if he is killed. If the hunter changes his or her mind during the day, he/she can then choose a new person to kill in the event that he/she is lynched.

Mythomaniac: The second NIGHT, chooses one person in the game. He/She assumes the role of that person for the rest of the game.

Ordinary Villager: Completely innocent. The Villagers win when they have killed all the wolves.

We have:
-3 wolves
-1 seer
-1 ranger
-1 hunter
-1 mythomaniac
-8 ordinary villagers

RULES:
Votes will be NON-RETRACTABLE. Once you vote, you cannot change your mind and vote for someone else.
There WILL be double lynchings. If the same number of votes is cast for two players (and that number of votes is higher than that of any other number of votes that DAY), then BOTH of the players will be lynched. Be careful who you vote for!
If you know you are not going to post on a day, you must post in the planning thread saying so and giving a good reason. If you do not post in the planning thread with a good excuse AND do not post for a two-DAY period, you will be lynched.
Votes shall be cast as such: ++NAME. They should be a new line and the TITLE OF THAT POST SHOULD BE "VOTE". If you do not meet these rules, your vote will NOT BE COUNTED.
Wolves are not allowed to talk during DAY hours. Nobody is allowed to talk about the game outside this thread unless their role requires PMing, in which case they are only allowed to talk about it in those PMs.

It is now NIGHT. Wolves, you may being to PM to discuss strategies, etc. I need a name from the Seer. DAY will begin at 9:00, regardless of when my death is posted.

Last edited by malkatoj; 10-18-2005 at 03:04 PM. Reason: votes
malkatoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Dark-Eye The First Sign of the Apocalypse

The rain thudded on the windshield as Malkatoj and Abercrombie headed back from a long, infernal day. The car was filled with idle chatter as the two discussed different methods of creating a Pinja (pirate ninja). The moon was fully visible through the clouds and rain, perfectly round—it looked exactly like cheese. The night soon grew dark as clouds obstructed the path of the moon’s light, making everything outside the car impossible to see. As Malkatoj searched for the “Heavy Loam” setting on her windshield wipers, Abercrombie screamed. She pointed outside the car, stuttering madly. “It was—I saw—It was a werewolf!” she finally managed to gasp. Malkatoj glanced over her shoulder, searching for the so-called wolf. “I see nothing,” she replied calmly, sure that her friend had gone mad. “That’s funny, I could have sworn I saw something,” Abercrombie replied, much calmed down from before. After twelve minutes of silence, another creature darted in front of the car, confirming Abercrombie’s relative sanity. “See? Wolf!” she exclaimed, determined to prove herself. “Oh no, that’s not a wolf. Much too big to be a wolf. That there—that’s a rabbit, that is,” argued Malkatoj. “But—No! It has big, pointy teeth! It couldn’t be a rabbit!” Abercrombie, distracted, swerved off the road and into a small ditch. “Great,” muttered Malkatoj. They were now completely lost. A long silence followed the accident, as the two stood outside the car waiting for someone to rescue them. Finally, “It wasn’t really a rabbit,” Malkatoj stated, fear evident in her voice. “Malkatoj, what do you mean?” questioned Abercrombie as her face paled in fear. “That—that’s a Balrog, that is. I know a Balrog when I see one.” At this point, Abercrombie could not help but laugh. “Silly Malkatoj, everyone knows that Balrogs have wings!” “Have you ever seen one?” questioned Malkatoj, all too sure of herself. “They don’t have wings. But they don’t not have wings. They have…one wing.” Abercrombie stared in horror. “But that sounds like—” “Exactly.” Malkatoj looked around and then muttered quietly so the creatures would not hear what she was about to say: “One wing—to wule them all!” Abercrombie again laughed. “Now you’re being ridiculous, Malkatoj,” she said as she pulled out her sword. She attacked Malkatoj, who was too fast with her parry. Soon, Abercrombie had no arms, but her determination remained. “Your arms are off!” yelled her opponent, who remained completely confused as to how Abercrombie had not died from blood loss. “It’s just a flesh wound,” she said, charging toward Malkatoj. “Have at you!” Malkatoj, however, dropped her sword in horror, staring open-mouthed behind the bleeding Abercrombie, who turned around just in time to see a giant creature devour the both of them. Before each died, she tried to explain what it was in case any villagers were nearby, but Márcolië, who was waiting to aid them in their passage, could only hear “It’s the creature from Aughhhhhhhh” before DEATH saw them collapse.

ALIVE:
Bergil, m. A 'Superstitious Guy.'
Rune Son of Bjarne, Traveling Cheese Juggler
Wilwarin538, f. that crazy girl who wants to be a butterfly
Glirdan, m. Baker.
WaynetheGoblin. Scientist.
Gurthang. Peddler.
Sleepy Ranger. Explorer from out of town who gets stuck in Lower Tadfield.
Sotty. School teacher
Tar-ancalime. Crone.
Márcolië Lamen, unknown. DEATH.
Eonwe. Friendly undertaker.
Holbytlass, f. tanner.
Hiriel. Connoisseur of pointy objects.
THE Ka. Ophelious Philosopher.
Kitanna. Historian.

DEAD:
Malkatoj (mod) Eaten by one-winged Balrog or Wolf or Something, Night 1
AbercrombieOfRohan (backup mod) Eaten by one-winged Balrog or Wolf or Something, Night 1

DAY has now begun. You may start discussing. The DAY's death will be posted tomorrow at 9 PM, GMT-5.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #3
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Two tragic deaths in one night this is not good.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:30 PM   #4
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
*out of breath having run back to the village* WOLF OR BALROG OR SOMETHING ATTACKING. I HAVE MUCH WORK TO DO. HAD TO WARN VILLAGE FIRST THOUGH. SOMEONE MUST HAVE BEEN AFFECTED. I DON'T WANT TO WORK MORE THAN NECESSARY THOUGH SO DON'T MAKE OR LET INNOCENTS DIE. PLEASE. OH AND CAN ANYONE BRING A POOR DEATH SOMETHING TO DRINK?
Old 10-17-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Headlines: MOD KILLED AGAIN ON DAY ONE OF VILLAGE INFESTATION!

i can't really say that came as a surprise, but ill drink to both their healths (and burials!). both fine citizens of this here Lower Tadfield.

here follows what must be said every Day 1:

nothing is known, but in the coming days, we will be able to piece together little things from what people say. those will all come together near the end. as our evidence grows and our number decrease, our chances of catching our quite friends will become greater and greater.

and here follows what i say every Day 1:

please, please, try to back everything up. in every game ive played, no one tells me WHY something is suspicious, just that it is. WHY was henry's voting yesterDay suspicious? Why would a wolf want to hide in this manner? WHY do you think such and such? i realise that sometimes, you just have nothing other than a gut feeling, and that's all right. just whenever possible, try to tell me WHY.

that is all...
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:02 PM   #6
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Márcolië, I'll see what I can rustle up from my cart, although I'm not exactly sure what DEATH would drink.... But I'll find something anyway. And while I'm at it, I'll have to see what I've got in store as far as weapons and anti-thing tonic. I don't ever carry much of those, but I think I've got a few sitting in the depths of my wagon.

*Hustles to wagon, comes back with paper, a rusty ax, and a flask.*

Here, I've found this... It looks to be directions or a how-to guide or something. It says:

Quote:
In the event of an attack by werewolves, the best way to react to the situation is to kill the person most likely to be a wolf each day, usually by lynching.
Hmm... I don't know if these be werewolves we are dealing with, but that sounds like good advice to me. I'm thinking Márcolië might be a good choice. Maybe DEATH has become a bit eager and taken to prematurely killing people? Or perhaps we should lynch Wayne, just for old times sake? Oh, by the way, does anyone have a sharpening stone? I think I'll be needing this ax.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #7
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

lol, sign up for the lynch wayne bandwagon here! registrtiona only five dollars! get yours today!

just kidding.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #8
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Tis a sad day here in Lower Tadfield. Two villagers slain at one time!! Two very dear friends of mine. Oh what person or thing could cause this monstrosity!?!? I say villagers, we need to keep a sharp eye out for those Wolves or Balrogs or whatever it was that attacked the two. I'll be watching all of you very closely. Now I must run back to my shop. The bread is burning!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 08:21 PM   #9
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
One-winged Balrog?! Odd and very frightening. And to lose two who were so full of life. How very depressing.

Last edited by Kitanna; 10-18-2005 at 11:57 AM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:49 PM   #10
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well, It's awfully silent. I'm surprised that people aren't up and about talking about this monstrosity. Well actually I'm not. I'm an early riser so I don't know who else knows about this awful tragedy.....

I'm going to say right now that I think Eonwe is innocent. Don't ask why, it's a complete gut feeling.

Marcolie is a little suspicious. Is it just an accident that s/he was going there to help our two friends? Or was s/he there for a more sinister reason?

As for the rest, I will have to wait and see...
Old 10-17-2005, 09:11 PM   #11
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Two in one night!?!?!?! Even worse, two of my dearest friends. They were the only ones who encouraged my dream of butterflydom(yes that is so a word). They would always say "You can do it Wilwa, one day you will be a butterfly".

We must find these fiends, and soon, or we could lose the whole village. But I'm afraid I have to take a nap, then tend to my studies, then I will be back to find these lycans.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:30 PM   #12
sotty
Pile O'Bones

sotty has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to sotty
Oh what a sad day indeed poor Malkatoj and AbercrombieOfRohan what a horrible end they met....
Eonwe we will sadly need your expertise in taking care of these poor dead souls, but for now l shall return and search the old school library for any tips and clues on how to recognize such evil.
sotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:14 PM   #13
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Two people dead? Oh no what a horrible time for me to be in town. I shall now proably be stuck here for a while. With any luck we'll be able to resolve matters soon. I am really sorry that the village has lost two really good people.

May you rest in peace Malkatoj and AbercombieOfRohan
Old 10-17-2005, 10:15 PM   #14
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

*Comes back to the group with a newly sharpened and gleaming ax, among other things.*

Wow, I just recalled that I haven't used this ax since my wagon was assaulted by thieves about a year and a half ago. Not the best of memories...

But, yes, I've got some things that will help us.

First, here's a couple bottles of anti-thing tonic. Guaranteed to keep off any foul creatures of the night! Only $17.46... (note: this is a cheap mixture of 55% water, 42% alcohol and 3% sugar. Roleplay accordingly. ) Also, I've got a small sword, a rather bulky shield, and a couple of breastplates. Any bids on this fine equipment?

Oh, Glirdan, I couldn't help but overhear. I've done some calculating, and it's true that the odds are in Eonwe's favor, but you can never be completely sure about anyone. Don't make assumptions now, because once they are in your mind, it is very difficult to get them out.

One other bit of advice. Look not at those who are loud, nor at those who are quiet... our enemies will surely try to keep away from either extreme.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:20 PM   #15
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
I hoped it would never happen in Lower Tadfield. Other places, other villages have been attacked but we have so far been spared.

Let us learn from those who have fought wolves before us. Although we do indeed face the unsettling task of weeding out the culprits, we must never forget that peace may come at the expense of the lives of some of our innocent villagers.

Today, especially, we must be strong in the face of uncertainty. I urge everyone to watch, to wait, and above all to refrain from accusing the innocent.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:26 PM   #16
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar-ancalime
Today, especially, we must be strong in the face of uncertainty. I urge everyone to watch, to wait, and above all to refrain from accusing the innocent.
I feel I should point out that this will not really work. We have to speak up, or else we will never figure anything out. And about the accusing, judging reactions is a big thing. If you accuse someone, you may be able to tell a lot about them by how they respond.

Basically, let the accusations and defenses fly!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:50 AM   #17
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

But of course, Gurthang! I said that we should refrain from accusing the innocent. But I also know that whomever I accuse is sure to be guilty, so no worries there.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:43 AM   #18
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

well, im glad to be in your good graces, but i can't for the life of me make out why im in. i've only made two post and one was a joke. are you doing this to spite me? just kidding .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotty
Eonwe we will sadly need your expertise in taking care of these poor dead souls
well, i've only played two games, and lost both, so i think i hardly deserve "expertise" status, but yes i will do all im my powers to kill our tormentors.

anyway, lets get this thread rolling...
Old 10-18-2005, 06:55 AM   #19
Hiriel
Wight

Hiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Hiriel
Pipe

Oh goodness! Two villagers in one night. This is grim indeed. I perhaps need to start cataloging pointy things so we can protect our beloved village from future tragedies. Either that, or blame somebody.

Hmm...no one is suspecious yet. The first day is always very random and baseless, and most of the evidence against people builds from there. Herm, I suppose I slighty suspect Marcolie, just because DEATH is kinda scary, or perhaps Glirdan, just because. I don't think we should build the Lynch Wayne bandwagon just yet. Hmm. I must to class, but I check on the thread later.

4 8 15 16 23 42 ~Proud Lostaway
Hiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:02 AM   #20
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Oh goodness! Two villagers in one night. This is grim indeed. I perhaps need to start cataloging pointy things so we can protect our beloved village from future tragedies. Either that, or blame somebody.
As long as the pointy things are not claws or fangs/teeth I'm all for it. As for blaming somebody.....blame?....accuse would be a better word, no? Anyway as long as we don't throw it around randomly and think it over logically I daresay we'll be heading in the right direction. At the moment I don't really find anybody suspicious, I mean its just the first day so nothings clear. I daresay we'll have a clearer view of things tomorrow. With any luck we'll be able to take care of things before they get too messy.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:00 AM   #21
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Does Eonwe's demand for explanations strike anyone else as suspicious?

Is she (he?) attempting to prevent villagers from speaking up by requiring a standard of evidence that is impossible to attain, especially on the first day? A good tactic for a wolf--convincing others to be silent with their suspicions, then preying on an uncertain populace with trumped-up "evidence" when the time is ripe.

I admit that in the first shock of this terrible tragedy, I gave some unwise advice: I believe I advised you all to "watch and wait." This was a mistake, and I hope that I have not cost this village valuable hours.

At the moment, Eonwe is my chief suspect.

Also, I would like to hear more from DEATH. Having been so near to hand at the recent tragedy, certainly she has some observations, suspicions, or inklings to share with us.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:56 AM   #22
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

(Eonwe the odds of being a wolf back-to-back are about 1/22. Hence Glirdan's reasoning. But don't worry, I haven't counted out the possibility. )

Eonwe, I believe that the expertise of yours, the one sotty was refering to, is your skill at undertaking, sadly enough.

tar-ancalime: you're making me suspicious. Don't be so jumpy, and don't flip-flop so much when someone says you're wrong. And to say you have a chief suspect this early (I would consider the entire first day early) is not really a good idea. Unless, both you and Eonwe are wolves, in which case it would be a wolvish strategy. Unlikely, that is, but I'm going to keep my eye on you tar-ancalime.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:10 AM   #23
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

well, i see. didn't quite read that right...

well, no ancalime. i don't council not talking, just whenever possible, tell me what you are thinking, that way im on the same page and you don't look suspicious to me. the way i see it, wolves will not have much grounds to accuse people, because they have to accuse innocents. therefore, a baseless accusation registers on the radar as a bit suspicious. but i do realize that everyone will be making baseless accusations, especially in the begining when we have nothing. so if you don't have evidence, say it anyway. if you do have evidence, tell that of course. that's all i was saying.

ps. and im a he .
Old 10-18-2005, 09:18 AM   #24
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
(Eonwe the odds of being a wolf back-to-back are about 1/22. Hence Glirdan's reasoning. But don't worry, I haven't counted out the possibility. )
Aye, that is what I was thinking. I'm not counting Eonwe out as a wolf, but his odds of being a wolf two times in a row are pretty slim. But that doesn't mean I think he's an innocent.

So, it has been a few hours since I was last on and yet there is not much. It's expected of day one though, but I'm going to go ahead and accuse everyone who's spoken already. Baseless, accusing using people's occupations, but just to get something out there.

Wayne~ A scientist who most likely didn't believe in werewolves until he became one.
Márcolië Lamen~ Death, well mmm, let's see Death is always looking for more lives to take. So naturally she must be a wolf.
Eonwe~ Our friendly undertaker, psssh, undertakers are not friendly. He probably wants to see innocents die so he has more work.
Gurthang~ A peddler, never trust a peddler.
Glirdan~ Our village baker, well it's always the baker you last suspect, keep on eye on him.
Kitanna~ A historian, they're good for nothing. She was always a shifty character anyway.
Wilwa~ Wants to become a butterfly, but was disappointed when she became a wolf instead and went after the two innocents who really believed she could be a butterfly.
Sotty~ A school teacher. Teachers tend to like making things hard on their students, so now this wolf is making things hard on the rest of the town.
Sleepy Ranger~ An explorer from out of town? Funny how all this trouble starts when you arrive.
Tar-ancalime~ A crone is an unpleasant old woman. Unpleasant old women like to make things terrible for everyone.
Hiriel~ Connoisseur of pointy objects...like teeth and claws!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:36 AM   #25
sotty
Pile O'Bones

sotty has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to sotty
Pipe

Sadly Eonwe I was referring to your skills in burying the dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
well, i've only played two games, and lost both, so i think i hardly deserve "expertise" status, but yes i will do all im my powers to kill our tormentors.
Any experience will help in these situations, I can only hope that your “help” will be in the best interests of the town as a whole.

Kitanna your list certainly is interesting and since you have posted I'll add your name on to the bottom here....

Kitanna – Historians are known for burying their heads in books and so has learned from the past on how to keep her wolfish tells well hidden
sotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:41 AM   #26
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Shield

Two dead people, the first day I am in town !

This will not be good for buisness! People just dont want to pay for cheese intertainment, after experiencing a massacrer.

And I who have spend the day rehearsing my new Cheddar, Camembert and Crotin du Chavignol. Juggling act.

I think I better stay and help sort this mess out. Cheese can be used for everything you know. Although I might have gone a bit too far when I made that Chesse kayak!

As for the moment I have no suspects, but I will go carefully throug the posts and inform you all later.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:00 AM   #27
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Death Is Speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Márcolië Lamen~ Death, well mmm, let's see Death is always looking for more lives to take. So naturally she must be a wolf.
IT'S DEATH. CAPITALIZED. DEATH ALWAYS SPEAKS IN CAPITAL LETTERS . [AND MY GENDER IS UNKNOWN, I MEAN I'M DEATH]

KITANNA- QUICK TO BLAME EVERYONE BUT HERSELF, 'STUDYING' FOR HISTORY, MORE WOLFISH TO ME THAN MERELY BEING A HORSEPERSON.

OK NOW THAT THAT'S DONE. TAR, I FEEL IS FLIP FLOPPING TOO MUCH, ESPECIALLY SO EARLY ON...

COULD JUST BE LACK OF EXPERIANCE WITH WOLVES, I MEAN WE HAVEN'T HAD THEM HERE BEFORE. TOO BAD THEY TOOK ME OUT OF RETIREMENT.

EONWE HAS THE SAME CHANCE AS US ALL 3 IN 15, OR RATHER 3 IN 14 COULD I SAY?, OF BEING A WOLF, STATISTICALLY. JUST HAD TO MENTION THAT YOU CAN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT PAST ACTIONS FOR STATISTICS.

ON THEIR DEATH, ALAS I GOT THERE TOO LATE TO LEARN MUCH OF ANYTHING. JUST THAT THE WOLVES/BALROGS WERE IN FACT IN THIS VILLAGE. BINKY'S GETTING OLD AND NOT AS FAST AS HE WAS PREVIOUSLY. I'M SAD THAT I HAD TO...HELP DEATHIFY, 'CAUSE ITS NOT KILL...TWO DEAR FRIENDS OF MINE. MALKA AND ABERCROMBIE HOPE YOU CROSS THE DESERT QUICKLY AND REACH WHATEVER AFTERLIFE YOU BELEIVE IN.

WE PROBABLY SHOULD TALK ABOUT STRATEGIES TO SOME DEGREE. JUST BASIC ONES AS NOT TO HELP THE WOLVES THOUGH. LIKE THE WHOLE TALKING. ITS HARDER FOR A WOLF TO HIDE AMOUNG SILENTS SINCE WE KNOW NOTHING.
GIFTED SAYING EARLY ON, BE CAREFUL WITH HINTING AND DON'T START TOO EARLY. DON'T HINT YET ON THE FIRST DAY I DON'T THINK.
AND TO THE MYTHO, PLEASE MAKE A CHOICE WHICH HELPS US.

-DEATH
Old 10-18-2005, 11:03 AM   #28
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Márcolië Lamen
KITANNA- QUICK TO BLAME EVERYONE BUT HERSELF, 'STUDYING' FOR HISTORY, MORE WOLFISH TO ME THAN MERELY BEING A HORSEPERSON.
Ah, but I did blame myself.
Posted by Me:
Quote:
Kitanna~ A historian, they're good for nothing. She was always a shifty character anyway.
Besides it's day one, we need to start somewhere.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:12 AM   #29
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Granted we need to start somewhere but accusations off occupations are rather baseless since the occupation has no meaning. I'm going to do what I did in the last game and just observe for the first day before actually devoting myself in the next when we'll have some harder evidence.

Anyway I'm out for now but I'll be back later in the day and will probably vote then.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:12 AM   #30
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Quote:
Ah, but I did blame myself.
SORRY I MISSED THAT ONE. US APOCOLYPTIC HORSE PERSONS DON'T HAVE THE BEST OF HEARING, ESPECIALLY NOW WITH THE RUSHING BECAUSE OF THE ONCOMING APOCALYPSE AND MISSING ANTICHRIST. SORRY I MISSED THAT.

BEYOND THAT, YES WE NEED TO START SOMEWHERE AND THANK YOU FOR STARTING THE BLAME GAME.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #31
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry to be so long, salting hides does take awhile. And sorry we meet under these awful circumstances. This being the first day, we all realize not much can be deciphered, therefore I have split the village in two categories. As things progress, a more accurate (hopefully) list will emerge. In the meantime.....

suspicious list
Hiriel. Connoisseur of pointy objects
Bergil, m. A 'Superstitious Guy.'
Rune Son of Bjarne, Traveling Cheese Juggler
Wilwarin538, f. that crazy girl who wants to be a butterfly
Glirdan, m. Baker.
Gurthang. Peddler.
Sleepy Ranger. Explorer from out of town who gets stuck in Lower Tadfield.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

not suspicious
Sotty. School teacher
Tar-ancalime. Crone.
Márcolië Lamen, unknown. DEATH.
Eonwe. Friendly undertaker.
WaynetheGoblin. Scientist
THE Ka. Ophelious Philosopher.
Kitanna. Historian.

absolute innocent
Holbytlass, f. tanner.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:23 AM   #32
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
accusations off occupations are rather baseless since the occupation has no meaning.
Of course they're baseless. But this is how I see it. We can spend today sitting around, everyone afraid to say anything for fear of being attacked by an angry mob of villagers and then when someone is killed tonight we start right back the same way tomorrow. Or we could just start blaming people on gut feelings or occupations or what have you and see how they react to them. I don't really plan on using my list of occupations again. It was just a starting place.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #33
Hiriel
Wight

Hiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Hiriel
Pipe

Herm...Just on on my lunch break and things really haven't changed all that much. But here's my thoughts right now.

Kitana: Wonderful list. Your implication of everyone, including yourself, though,doesn't help much though, unless someone gets suddenly very defensive. Which no one did. At least this village has a proper sense of humor, is all I can say.

Marcolie: Hmm. Two things : First you seem to be echoing what Sleepy said about Tar, which interests me, and Kitana did include herself in that list, actually. Second, this is a personal request with no baring on the game, if you could not write in all caps, I'd be very much obliged. It's just kinda distracting to me, entertaining though it is (Blinky!). I think we'll all refer to you, Master DEATH, appropriately.

Quote:
DON'T HINT YET ON THE FIRST DAY I DON'T THINK.
AND TO THE MYTHO, PLEASE MAKE A CHOICE WHICH HELPS US.
To the gifteds: I would say hint or don't hint. There is no try. If you feel like you can hint subtly enough without arousing suspecion of the wolves, then please, let us know who you are, so we don't mistakenly lynch you. If you don't feel you can do that, just slink in the shadows and try to do the best job you can.

Also Marcolie, Who's Us?

No real suspects just yet. I'm a little suspecious of Tar, but I'm willing to write off his flip flopage (is that a word?) as first day/first game jitters. If he writes up another post like his earlier ones, though, I think he'll get on my hit-list.

4 8 15 16 23 42 ~Proud Lostaway
Hiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:25 AM   #34
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Gurthang~ A peddler, never trust a peddler.
Never trust a..! I'm terribly offended! You know, it's for people like you that I can never, ever stay in a town for very long. They always get suspicious. I've even had people go so far as to claim I stole from them to get me out of town! I don't see how you can distrust me simply because I love to travel and so made it into a job. I don't like that attitude at all!

Quote:
EONWE HAS THE SAME CHANCE AS US ALL 3 IN 15, OR RATHER 3 IN 14 COULD I SAY?, OF BEING A WOLF, STATISTICALLY. JUST HAD TO MENTION THAT YOU CAN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT PAST ACTIONS FOR STATISTICS.
Technically, you are right. For this game, his odds are not different from the rest of us. But, you have to multiply the other game for it to factor in. Which comes to 9/195. It's like when you flip a coin, the odds for each toss are 1/2, but if you say you'll get two heads in a row, the odds are 1/4. So depends on how you look at it; if you factor the other game in or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
Granted we need to start somewhere but accusations off occupations are rather baseless since the occupation has no meaning.
What better way to waste the first day and get some conversation started than to banter witlessly about our occupations?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:54 AM   #35
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Ok, I'll talk normally. It'll be easier for me to, was actually debating switching to normal just because it gets rather annoying to keep switching caps lock while typing up a post and talking in IM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Technically, you are right. For this game, his odds are not different from the rest of us. But, you have to multiply the other game for it to factor in. Which comes to 9/195. It's like when you flip a coin, the odds for each toss are 1/2, but if you say you'll get two heads in a row, the odds are 1/4. So depends on how you look at it; if you factor the other game in or not.
I see what you are saying. But I just am bothered by the use of statistics in that way because you can't factor in the last game while looking at this one. They are independent events. But you are right too.

Quote:
Also Marcolie, Who's Us?
Us would
obviously be the village as a whole. You think even Master DEATH would like see people torn apart? I myself would rather die of natural causes...well if I was mortal that is.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #36
Kitanna
Child of the West

In a bit I'm going to have to head off to class and there's no telling when I shall return to post again. Before DAY ends, but when, I do not know.

But I did go through and read everything over again and there is not much to go on. Though there were a few posts that stuck out as I read them again...

Gurthang
Quote:
In the event of an attack by werewolves, the best way to react to the situation is to kill the person most likely to be a wolf each day, usually by lynching.
Yes, this is a good idea, but it also a bad idea. Bandwagoning is just what werewolves want. If the entire village goes after one person and they all vote for him/her then that person proves innocent it is harder to pick the wolf from the voters. I'd say wait to bandwagon until a day or two has gone by. I think it is very dangerous for us to bandwagon on day one.

Glirdan
Quote:
I'm going to say right now that I think Eonwe is innocent. Don't ask why, it's a complete gut feeling.
A follow-up to this was Gurthang saying the odds were in Eonwe's favor he was not a wolf, but not to count him out. I have a feeling Glirdan knows something.

tar-ancalime
Quote:
Gurthang responded to this first by saying we need to talk because silence will not help us. Also though it would be ideal to catch all the wolves in the first three days I fear the odds are not in our favor. It is hard not to accuse an innocent (unless you're the seer ) Tar, you should talk much, do not wait until it is too late.

tar-ancalime
Quote:
But of course, Gurthang! I said that we should refrain from accusing the innocent. But I also know that whomever I accuse is sure to be guilty, so no worries there.
This made me uneasy and confused. Perhaps it is just the way it was worded, but I felt this statement was a little off.

tar-ancalime
Quote:
Does Eonwe's demand for explanations strike anyone else as suspicious?

Is she (he?) attempting to prevent villagers from speaking up by requiring a standard of evidence that is impossible to attain, especially on the first day? A good tactic for a wolf--convincing others to be silent with their suspicions, then preying on an uncertain populace with trumped-up "evidence" when the time is ripe.
This is more to say I agree with Eonwe. I think giving reasons for our suscipions is good. But at the same time tar makes a good point about Eonwe trying to get people to back down. The only adivice I can give here is to shout out who you think is innocent and who you think is guilty. Give the best reason you can, regardless of if it is good or not, please do not be silent. It will only cause trouble.

Gurthang
Quote:
tar-ancalime: you're making me suspicious. Don't be so jumpy, and don't flip-flop so much when someone says you're wrong. And to say you have a chief suspect this early (I would consider the entire first day early) is not really a good idea. Unless, both you and Eonwe are wolves, in which case it would be a wolvish strategy. Unlikely, that is, but I'm going to keep my eye on you tar-ancalime.
I agree with you on tar having a chieg suspect so early. Though for right now I think perhaps the flip-flopping is new day jitters. Though if it continues I will take a closer look at tar. The idea of both Eonwe and Tar has wolves though. Unlikely. Unless these wolves are very confident then I do not think they'd attack one another today.

Márcolië Lamen
Quote:
WE PROBABLY SHOULD TALK ABOUT STRATEGIES TO SOME DEGREE. JUST BASIC ONES AS NOT TO HELP THE WOLVES THOUGH. LIKE THE WHOLE TALKING. ITS HARDER FOR A WOLF TO HIDE AMOUNG SILENTS SINCE WE KNOW NOTHING.
GIFTED SAYING EARLY ON, BE CAREFUL WITH HINTING AND DON'T START TOO EARLY. DON'T HINT YET ON THE FIRST DAY I DON'T THINK.
I'd suggest keep away from hinting until tomorrow. And if you think you have a gifted pegged don't announce it to the village, you may be right and that could spell trouble for us. Also I don't think we're going to get a strategy in today.

Holbytlass
I'm wondering how she made up her list. Holbytlass, what made you decide to stick some people on one list instead of the other?

Hiriel
Quote:
To the gifteds: I would say hint or don't hint. There is no try. If you feel like you can hint subtly enough without arousing suspecion of the wolves
I agree.

So that is what I have so far. Not a whole to go on, but hopefully it will be something for you all to go on. I will return in a few hours.

EDIT: Thank you DEATH for turning off your caps. It was beginning to bother my eyes.

Last edited by Kitanna; 10-18-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #37
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
I see what you are saying. But I just am bothered by the use of statistics in that way because you can't factor in the last game while looking at this one. They are independent events. But you are right too.
Exactly. Which is why Eonwe is not cleared in my mind. Just less... probable.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #38
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Vote!!!!

I have returned.

Now I would just like to say that I don't think people should keep refurring to past games. You can use your past experiences to help you along but you shouldn't be saying "Well in the last game....".

Now random suspicions are already flying around, which is a good sign that we're all very serious about defeating these wolves.

From what I can tell we have less then 5 hours to choose someone. I say we don't lynch the loud ones, but we also don't lynch the very quiet ones, since wolves aren't dumb enough(atleast I don't think they are) to be posting very little. Which leaves us with those who post a moderate amount. Anyway, thats how I'm going to choose who to vote for. So that gives me tar-ancalime, Sleepy and Glirdan. I will now vote for one of them.

++tar-ancalime

Like everyone else's vote, this is random. I literally put these three names in a hat. No hard feelings I hope.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:24 PM   #39
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittanna
Holbytlass
I'm wondering how she made up her list. Holbytlass, what made you decide to stick some people on one list instead of the other?
Nothing special, I'm afraid, just split down the middle and shuffled a few names because it is the first day. That's really what everyone is doing toDAY, except the seer on one person.
Except for Wilwarin, that's just for old time's sake.

Just to be clear, we have until 9:00p.m.EDT(1:00a.m.GMT) to vote, right?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:00 PM   #40
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I say villagers, we need to keep a sharp eye out for those Wolves or Balrogs or whatever it was that attacked the two. I'll be watching all of you very closely.
(I added the bolding) I am now highly suspicious of Glirdan and will probably vote for him toDAY. One might say, but he is the seer, I say no because he is being too obvious. A true seer (or gifted) would not be so blatant especially on the first DAY and Glirdan has been around long enough to know. I think he is a wolf trying to come across as the seer so as not to be lynched. Of course, he would know Eonwe is innocent because all wolves know who is innocent.

Quote:
Ok, I'll talk normally. It'll be easier for me to, was actually debating switching to normal just because it gets rather annoying to keep switching caps lock while typing up a post and talking in IM.
And who are you I.M-ing? Highly suspicious (since of hand I don't know if wolves are allowed to talk during the day) but I'll give the benefit of the doubt until I find out the rule of this village for sure.

Actually, I have to vote now....

++GLIRDAN

Last edited by Holbytlass; 10-18-2005 at 06:32 PM. Reason: putting in VOTE
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote