The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies > Best of ... Movies Discussions
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2001, 02:54 PM   #1
Deving13

Ring Newsweek story on LOTR movies

<BR>Anybody out there interested in helping a Newsweek reporter with a LOTR story? We're planning a piece to follow up on the enthusiasm surrounding the LOTR trailer debut tomorrow (one of those lovely times my work coincides with personal interest...). And I'm looking for a bunch of fans to talk to about the trailer, the movies themselves, the hype, etc.<br> <br> If you've got a few moments to spare, I've got a bunch of questions. Either post a response here or e-mail me at dgordo@newsweek.com. Whichever's preferable. <br> Here's a few questions for starters...<br> <br> 1. How would you describe your feelings about the upcoming movies? Excited? Nervous? Suspicion? Abject terror?<br> <br> 2. What have you heard about the movies, if anything, that you think Peter Jackson and New Line are getting totally wrong? Anything that sounds promising? What about the casting? I've heard a lot of Liv Tyler bashing already.<br> <br> 3. If it's Friday and you've already seen the LOTR trailer, what did you think? What was the theater like where you saw it? Lots of fellow fans?<br> <br> 4. Are there any academics out there? I'm particularly curious what students of literature (who like Tolkien) think about a film adaptation.<br> <br> 5. Anybody seen/remember the 1970-something animated version? Thoughts?<br> <br> Hope to hear from many of you soon.<br> Devin Gordon<br> Newsweek Magazine <p></p>